Poll

Which colorway do you prefer (and would buy in a GB)?

Delta Blues (Black based SoWaRe)
47 (61%)
Heavenly Blues (White based SoWaRe)
13 (16.9%)
Triumph-Adler (White base with BDG mods)
17 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: [GB] Delta Blues - Alps DCS keyset from SP - GB in now live on PMK  (Read 77404 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: [IC] Alps DCS keyset from SP - IC Now live on PMK
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 23:10:05 »
Also, before this hits GB status I think R2 Delete in the HHKB set should have a light grey background instead of the black.

Change is made  :thumb:

Does anyone else see any changes or additions that they feel should be made should this go live?
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 06:45:32 »
I have a suggestion. Please change the colors to pink and purple ;).

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 22:32:04 »
I have a suggestion. Please change the colors to pink and purple ;).

That could be Alps round 2  :thumb:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 11:14:48 »
Ok guys.  I need a little input.  Maybe I am tired or something, but I need to know if the "diamond" keys for the hhbk kit should be 1.5x or 1.75x?  An actual hhkb uses 1.5x keys there so I just want to be sure before this thing goes live. 

Thanks. 

Offline geniekid

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:15:18 »
Ok guys.  I need a little input.  Maybe I am tired or something, but I need to know if the "diamond" keys for the hhbk kit should be 1.5x or 1.75x?  An actual hhkb uses 1.5x keys there so I just want to be sure before this thing goes live. 

Thanks.

1.5x.  I'm not sure I've ever even seen a 1.75x key on the bottom row for any layout.

Super excited about this!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:39:19 »

Thanks.

1.5x.  I'm not sure I've ever even seen a 1.75x key on the bottom row for any layout.

Super excited about this!
Yeah, me neither. 

Remember kids: get your rest.  Lack of sleep does odd things.

Also, this should be going live any time

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:42:28 »
Would that the caps could be PBT...

Someday...
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:56:51 »
Would that the caps could be PBT...

Someday...

Matias was supposed to release PBT Alps caps. But I don't know what their timeline is for that anymore.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:24:52 »
Sorry for the double post but I got an email from PMK saying that this buy is live. Link is here. But I'm confused, I don't see the modifiers. I only see the alphas.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:25:44 »
Sorry for the double post but I got an email from PMK saying that this buy is live. Link is here. But I'm confused, I don't see the modifiers. I only see the alphas.

Was wondering if maybe they just didn't have it fully updated or something, the entire PMK site is really slow for me.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 14:49:33 »

Was wondering if maybe they just didn't have it fully updated or something, the entire PMK site is really slow for me.

That is my guess.  There should be 5 child deals attached to the parent (Base Alpha) set.   :thumb:

Updating the op now. 

Offline RoflCopter4

Re: [IC] Alps DCS keyset from SP - GB in now live on PMK
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 15:00:34 »
I can't even load the site at all. Is it down?
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 15:03:28 »

PMK really needs to stop running this site through the touchscreen on the breakroom fridge.  I tried to look at the ordering form, got about 30 minutes worth of writing done, then realized I was putting stuff in the cart without being logged in.  At that point I promptly got all squinty and grumpy and pushed everything off of my desk in a fit of childish tantrum.  Or maybe I just closed the window.  Whatever.  Close enough.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 15:04:35 »
FWIW, there's only the alphas up. I don't see any of the other kits so I wouldn't panic.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 15:06:08 »

Me neither.  They are probably in the process of uploading the child deals. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 18:23:48 »

Me neither.  They are probably in the process of uploading the child deals.

Probably. As soon as mods get added, I'll put in my order for the full set.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 20:27:01 »
I'm a little confused as to what they mean by "rectangular stabalizer mount". All my Alps keyboards have the same style of stabalizer and they're pretty varied as far as year and brand. I suppose the fk2001 has little clips rather than just an opening but they're still the same shape.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #267 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 20:38:49 »
I'm a little confused as to what they mean by "rectangular stabalizer mount". All my Alps keyboards have the same style of stabalizer and they're pretty varied as far as year and brand. I suppose the fk2001 has little clips rather than just an opening but they're still the same shape.

This is a traditional alps stabilizer mount

The caps from SP will all have the crucform mount (cherry mx mount) for the stabilizers and use costar mounts:

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #268 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 21:39:44 »
So... they're not compatible with basically any Alps keyboard ever?

Offline geniekid

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 22:38:28 »

They will be compatible with the Massdrop Infinity keyboard.  The first run sold over 300 and over 1k requests have been put in for another run. 

I, too, regret not being to use this with my vintage Alps boards but unfortunately SP only has molds for the MX style stabilizers and they're the only ones willing to run a GB for the small number of people interested in this.  I think Tai Hao was mentioned before but they had a 500 MOQ.  Matias plans to eventually sell caps but I have doubts that anything other than black and white will be available in the near future.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 23:02:56 »
There is no promised compatability especially considering the variety of layouts.  That is the reason for the different kits and some of the extra keys in each.  If you go back a page or two, you can see how a costar stabilizer may work with a custom bent wire if you are willing to tinler a bit (and take the gamble that you will even be able to use the   stabilized mods at all).

They will be compatible with the Massdrop Infinity keyboard.  The first run sold over 300 and over 1k requests have been put in for another run. 

I, too, regret not being to use this with my vintage Alps boards but unfortunately SP only has molds for the MX style stabilizers and they're the only ones willing to run a GB for the small number of people interested in this.  I think Tai Hao was mentioned before but they had a 500 MOQ.  Matias plans to eventually sell caps but I have doubts that anything other than black and white will be available in the near future.

Yeah, the infinity and hopefully in the near future possibly a Gon or Sprit based bpard as well. 
For the vintage boards, i tried to get as much feedback as possible so that at the very least you would be covered on the alphas and dye your stock spacebar black to match.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 23:14:58 »
So where the hell are the child deals? Or am I just not seeing them? PMK's web store is the worst.   :mad:

Also, while it's true that the Costar stabilizer mounts will not work with your vintage Alps keyboard, it's always possible to design a new replacement plate for some of the popular vintage Alps keyboards, which would incorporate the new Costar stabilizer holes.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 January 2015, 00:25:01 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 01:00:50 »
So where the hell are the child deals? Or am I just not seeing them? PMK's web store is the worst.   :mad:

Also, while it's true that the Costar stabilizer mounts will not work with your vintage Alps keyboard, it's always possible to design a new replacement plate for some of the popular vintage Alps keyboards, which would incorporate the new Costar stabilizer holes.

I am not sure where the child deals are.  I talked to Melissa today around 2:30pm and she was working on them at the time. Probably ran out of time today.  I am sure they will be up soon.  And yes, their site is......leisurely.   ;D

I like the idea of running plates for popular boards - AT101/W, FK, etc... it would definitely solve that issue. 

Offline pcnnnn

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 03:00:22 »
I like the color of the modifier, too bad the stabilized key won't fit on the V60. Not only the wire is different but I think the costar wire is thicker and is not likely to fit in the existing alps mount of the V60?

Offline pasph

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 03:49:03 »
Hope this will be a success cause will create a new standard and push new Alps kbs and plates
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 12:47:54 »
Group buy is now live on PMK.  Head on over and buy it!  The first significant price break comes in at 50 sets, lets get this thing going.
Link to GB:  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/delta-blues-alps-dcs-set/

Show Image

Also, not to confuse anyone, the alphas are black.  The render just makes them look dark grey. 

After much thought and going back and forth on stuff between Nubbinator and myself, I think we are ready for this IC to get started.

Delta Blues mockup with cherry font (thanks to numiru)
Show Image

The goal is to get an Alps double shot DCS keycap set in ABS with the most adaptability for the custom Alps boards out there (and for the upcoming SPRiT pcb).  In addition this will be a group effort to get as much input on what child-buys need to go along with the standard base set so that we can try to bring as much goodness to the land of Alps. 

One thing of note right at the beginning is that SP does not make a spacebar for Alps in any size.  We are going to have to base the set on at least one existing color so that a spacebar can be sourced from an exiting donor board.  For this reason, we will probably be focusing on 6.25x and 7x sizes as those are the most common. Edit:  We will be going for a black or white base set as Matias has spacebars available in those 2 colors  :thumb:

Colors chosen for this GB are BFQ/NN alphas, BFQ/GD mods and an inverted kit of GD/BFQ.  Profile will be DCS and will use the Cherry font. 
(Attachment Link)

Black based SoWaRe - BFQ/NN alphas and BFQ/GD mods (with Matias spacebar) Done as a 60% with a GD/BFQ backspace  :thumb:
(Attachment Link)

Here are the specs for stabilizer spacing from SP:
(Attachment Link)

Sets are planned as follows:
Alpha (base)
Mods (base)
Language packs (add-on legends would be pad printed) - Not for this one.  Too much for the first alps GB. 
HHKB kit
Tsangan
ISO
Inverted

Pricing is below:
Alphas:
25 sets                   $50 per set
50 sets                   $45 per set
75 sets                   $43 per set
100 sets                 $42 per set
150 sets                 $41 per set
250 sets                 $40 per set

(Attachment Link)

Mods:
25 sets                   $72 per set
50 sets                   $50 per set
100 sets                 $40 per set
150 sets                 $36 per set
200 sets                 $34 per set
250 sets                 $33 per set

(Attachment Link)

Official render:
Show Image

HHKB Kit:
10 sets                   $40 per set
25 sets                   $20 per set
50 sets                   $13 per set
75 sets                   $11 per set
100 sets                 $10 per set
150 sets                 $8 per set

(Attachment Link)

Tsangan:
10 sets                   $38 per set
25 sets                   $19 per set
50 sets                   $12 per set
75 sets                   $10 per set
100 sets                 $9 per set
250 sets                 $7 per set

(Attachment Link)

ISO Set:
10 sets                   $24 per set
25 sets                   $13 per set
50 sets                   $9 per set
75 sets                   $8 per set
100 sets                 $7 per set
250 sets                 $6 per set

(Attachment Link)

Inverted Kit:
10 sets                   $22 per set
25 sets                   $11 per set
50 sets                   $7 per set
75 sets                   $6 per set
100 sets                 $5 per set
200 sets                 $4 per set

(Attachment Link)

Post your thoughts so we can make an Alps set finally happen. 

Special thanks to nubbinator (for letting me pick his brain), Numiru (for the beautiful renders), and everyone in this thread that helped to get this thing dialed in.  :-*

None of the add-ons appear to be up yet...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 14:23:37 »
Group buy is now live on PMK.  Head on over and buy it!  The first significant price break comes in at 50 sets, lets get this thing going.
Link to GB:  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/delta-blues-alps-dcs-set/

Show Image

Also, not to confuse anyone, the alphas are black.  The render just makes them look dark grey. 

After much thought and going back and forth on stuff between Nubbinator and myself, I think we are ready for this IC to get started.

Delta Blues mockup with cherry font (thanks to numiru)
Show Image

The goal is to get an Alps double shot DCS keycap set in ABS with the most adaptability for the custom Alps boards out there (and for the upcoming SPRiT pcb).  In addition this will be a group effort to get as much input on what child-buys need to go along with the standard base set so that we can try to bring as much goodness to the land of Alps. 

One thing of note right at the beginning is that SP does not make a spacebar for Alps in any size.  We are going to have to base the set on at least one existing color so that a spacebar can be sourced from an exiting donor board.  For this reason, we will probably be focusing on 6.25x and 7x sizes as those are the most common. Edit:  We will be going for a black or white base set as Matias has spacebars available in those 2 colors  :thumb:

Colors chosen for this GB are BFQ/NN alphas, BFQ/GD mods and an inverted kit of GD/BFQ.  Profile will be DCS and will use the Cherry font. 
(Attachment Link)

Black based SoWaRe - BFQ/NN alphas and BFQ/GD mods (with Matias spacebar) Done as a 60% with a GD/BFQ backspace  :thumb:
(Attachment Link)

Here are the specs for stabilizer spacing from SP:
(Attachment Link)

Sets are planned as follows:
Alpha (base)
Mods (base)
Language packs (add-on legends would be pad printed) - Not for this one.  Too much for the first alps GB. 
HHKB kit
Tsangan
ISO
Inverted

Pricing is below:
Alphas:
25 sets                   $50 per set
50 sets                   $45 per set
100 sets                 $42 per set
150 sets                 $41 per set
250 sets                 $40 per set

(Attachment Link)

Mods:
25 sets                   $72 per set
50 sets                   $50 per set
100 sets                 $40 per set
150 sets                 $36 per set
200 sets                 $34 per set
250 sets                 $33 per set

(Attachment Link)

Official render:
Show Image

HHKB Kit:
10 sets                   $40 per set
25 sets                   $20 per set
50 sets                   $13 per set
75 sets                   $11 per set
100 sets                 $10 per set

(Attachment Link)

Tsangan:
10 sets                   $38 per set
25 sets                   $19 per set
50 sets                   $12 per set
75 sets                   $10 per set
100 sets                 $9 per set
250 sets                 $7 per set

(Attachment Link)

ISO Set:
10 sets                   $24 per set
25 sets                   $13 per set
50 sets                   $9 per set
75 sets                   $8 per set
100 sets                 $7 per set
250 sets                 $6 per set

(Attachment Link)

Inverted Kit:
10 sets                   $22 per set
25 sets                   $11 per set
50 sets                   $7 per set
75 sets                   $6 per set
100 sets                 $5 per set
200 sets                 $4 per set

(Attachment Link)

Post your thoughts so we can make an Alps set finally happen. 

Special thanks to nubbinator (for letting me pick his brain), Numiru (for the beautiful renders), and everyone in this thread that helped to get this thing dialed in.  :-*

None of the add-ons appear to be up yet...

Hopefully today or it won't be done until next week.   :thumb:
There should be 6 deals including the Base alphas (parent deal). 

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://matias.ca
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:42:37 »

They'll work with all ALPS keyboards as long as you have the correct size stabilizer wire ("balance bar").

SP doesn't stock those, so we'll be making them available.  I've been knee-deep in balance bar samples this week, and will be bringing them back with me (from China) early next month.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 21:48:23 »

They'll work with all ALPS keyboards as long as you have the correct size stabilizer wire ("balance bar").

SP doesn't stock those, so we'll be making them available.  I've been knee-deep in balance bar samples this week, and will be bringing them back with me (from China) early next month.

There are times at which I don't know how I could love you any more, and then you make posts like this.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 22:15:13 »

Yes  :)  Great news.

Will you be selling them on your website?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 22:24:58 »
The modifiers are finally up but the price is way too high right now. It's literally going to be over $110 just for alphas and mods if more people don't buy into it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:33:39 »
The modifiers are finally up but the price is way too high right now. It's literally going to be over $110 just for alphas and mods if more people don't buy into it.

This was always the risk.  Alps keycaps are more expensive than their mx counterparts.  At least the actual price is cheaper than the initial estimates from the op.   :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:35:53 »
Link for the mods?  I only see HHKB.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:38:29 »
Link for the mods?  I only see HHKB.

I just updated the op with links to each of the kits.  Their site is moving much quicker, but is still a touch wonky here and there. 

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 25 January 2015, 23:52:03 »

This was always the risk.  Alps keycaps are more expensive than their mx counterparts.  At least the actual price is cheaper than the initial estimates from the op.   :thumb:

I won't mind $60-80, but that's going to require more purchases.  :p
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 04:15:23 »
I’m going to do the best I can fighting to make sure any future MassDrop Infinity project keyboards use Matias’s new stabilizer clips/bars which (assuming he can get it working) can be made to work with both Alps-style and MX-style stabilizers, as long as the plate is cut to support both. This will be slightly different stabilizers than the standard ones used on MX boards, but having the cross-compatibility will mean that people can use 20-year-old harvested Alps caps, or new keycaps from Matias, Tai Hao doubleshots (assuming anyone can hit their MOQ), Signature Plastics, or other future vendors, without worrying about which stabilizer mount the keycaps have.

No promises, but I really hope it can be made to work. Stabilizer compatibility is a really annoying thing to have to worry about.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 07:27:30 »
It will be $81 if the we break 50 orders for base + mods.  Hopefully the main GB page gets all the child sets added or there will be visibility issues.

Offline Heliosphere

Re: [GB] Delta Blues - Alps DCS keyset from SP - GB in now live on PMK
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 00:35:25 »
Bought in, I really hope we get to at least 50 because the initial cost is crazy. Everyone interested should buy in early so as to make the goal appear closer to late arrivals. You don't get charged until after the buy ends anyway.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 02:52:27 »
Bought in, I really hope we get to at least 50 because the initial cost is crazy. Everyone interested should buy in early so as to make the goal appear closer to late arrivals. You don't get charged until after the buy ends anyway.

Awesome!  I really am pushing this GB.  I have it posted all over the place.  KBP even posted it on their facebook page  :thumb:

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 05:54:41 »

Not only the wire is different but I think the costar wire is thicker and is not likely to fit in the existing alps mount of the V60?

Yes, the Cherry balance bar is 1.2mm thick while the ALPS one is 1mm thick.  They conflict in a strange way...

1.2mm Cherry balance bars will snap into the ALPS mounting plate clips ok, but are too thick for the keycap-underside hooks.

1mm ALPS balance bars are thin enough for the Cherry keycap-underside hooks, but are too thin for the Costar plate hooks and just fall out.

Fortunately, this can all be dealt with fairly easily once you have the right balance bar size / shape / thicknesses sorted out.  As I said, we'll have those available soon.

There are times at which I don't know how I could love you any more, and then you make posts like this.

I'm happy that you're happy...  :-)

Yes  :)  Great news.

Will you be selling them on your website?

Yes, to keep things simple, we'll probably just sell a single package that includes all the different balance bar combinations.  That way, you don't need to worry about ordering the size or type.  (Of course, you'll still be able to order multiples of any size too, if you're mass producing keyboards, for example).

I'm going to do the best I can fighting to make sure any future MassDrop Infinity project keyboards use Matias's new stabilizer clips/bars which (assuming he can get it working) can be made to work with both Alps-style and MX-style stabilizers, as long as the plate is cut to support both. This will be slightly different stabilizers than the standard ones used on MX boards, but having the cross-compatibility will mean that people can use 20-year-old harvested Alps caps, or new keycaps from Matias, Tai Hao doubleshots (assuming anyone can hit their MOQ), Signature Plastics, or other future vendors, without worrying about which stabilizer mount the keycaps have.

No promises, but I really hope it can be made to work. Stabilizer compatibility is a really annoying thing to have to worry about.

That's great to hear!

If there's anything I can do to help that along, let me know...

Offline geniekid

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 07:57:22 »
All the child deals are available from the main GB page now :thumb:

With the Infinity, you could literally be one of the first people to have an Alps HHKB.  With correct legends!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 08:06:25 »
I'm only seeing the Alphas and HHKB kits on the main GB page. I can only access the modifiers and other kits through the links in the OP.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 08:28:31 »
I'm only seeing the Alphas and HHKB kits on the main GB page. I can only access the modifiers and other kits through the links in the OP.

Tried it in 3 browsers before I realized you have to be logged in to see all the child deals from the main page.  Otherwise it's still only showing the single HHKB kit.  :mad: 
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 08:30:34 by geniekid »

Offline Applet

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:36:30 »
Just joined for modifiers and iso-kits, spacebars will be available here later? :) (and will they be available in white?)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:24:21 »
Just joined for modifiers and iso-kits, spacebars will be available here later? :) (and will they be available in white?)

I will chat with Matias to see how they want to move with the space bars: either wait and see if this GB goes through, or just get them ordered soon as people will probably want them either way.  Oh, and yes, they have them in black and white: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65194.msg1525507#msg1525507

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:59:21 »

Awesome!  I really am pushing this GB.  I have it posted all over the place.  KBP even posted it on their facebook page  :thumb:

I just posted it to /r/mk.

Offline Matias

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 19:59:04 »

I will chat with Matias to see how they want to move with the space bars: either wait and see if this GB goes through, or just get them ordered soon as people will probably want them either way.  Oh, and yes, they have them in black and white: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65194.msg1525507#msg1525507

We have the actual Spacebars in stock already (6.25u and 7u, black and white).  We're just waiting on the balance bars.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 20:52:12 »

We have the actual Spacebars in stock already (6.25u and 7u, black and white).  We're just waiting on the balance bars.

Nice! 

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 22:20:54 »
Hey Badwrench, do you know if these are the right size for a Matias keyboard? I'm thinking about selling my Chicony 5161 and replacing it with a Matias Click.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 23:01:20 »
Hey Badwrench, do you know if these are the right size for a Matias keyboard? I'm thinking about selling my Chicony 5161 and replacing it with a Matias Click.

I am not sure 100% if the stabilized modifiers will work (maybe Matias can chime in?).  The only image I could find of a Quiet Click Pro showed the mods using Alps stabilizers:

Without having that board, I cannot be sure that they will work.  I still believe that with some tinkering of a costar insert and the correct bending of the Matias wire, that it can be made to work (again, untested other that playing with my Chicony caps on an At101, but that was only for clearance of the insert to the board as I had sold the stock wires with the caps).