Author Topic: [GB started] Domikey iNKY Genshin Impact-INAZUMA SAMPLES SHOTS UPDATE  (Read 17989 times)

Offline iNKY Studio

• long-term partner with Domikey
Hi players! Good summer, everyone~
This is HiFi Fox (designer of inky) who is indulging in Genshin Impact! ;D
(the other two members of our studio had no choice but to let this develop, which led to jumping the queue of design themes :p.)
288338-0

Inazuma, Japanese Kanji 稲妻, means Thunder.
In the famous game Genshin Impact, it is used as a region name of the seven regions in Teyvat.

Everyone who has played the Genshin Impact must have a deep memory of Inazuma's thunder, cherry blossoms and that bad fox lady.
The stories range from locking the country and hunting Visions, to opening and prosperity of the country.
As travelers, we have experienced and witnessed them in person.
Inazuma people gathered their dreams to fight together against upper power, Raiden Shogun's self denial and determination to wipe out old evils, and the final Devils’ Night of Yae Miko to bid farewell to their old friends
Stories of hope shining in the dark, made us moved by Inazuma, the country that borne too much pain in the past.

This time, please allow me to express my personal feelings in this way.
At present, we sincerely invite you to feel the magnificence of the lightning strike.
At this point, a new chapter of Genshin Impact theme officially starts! :))

The keycap will feature in Cherry Profle and contain the doubleshot and tripleshot base kits.
After voting in KP's disscord group chat, we have finally decided two colors for the novel sets, which are Raiden Shogun and Yae Miko, named after the charactors in GI.

288340-1
288342-2
288344-3
288346-4
288348-5
288350-6
288352-7

***the keyboard we using in rendering is  Axis68, which is on IC right now

Please check more info in the links below:

KPREPUBLIC DC:  https://discord.gg/tuXDmJNYxS
preview on KP: https://kprepublic.com/products/kpicpre-inky-studio-inazuma-theme-keycaps?variant=42602407493795

we hope to c u all in GB!~~ :thumb:

update:
color samples
289390-8
289392-9
289394-10
289396-11
289398-12
289400-13

update:
keycaps samples
290647-14
290649-15
290651-16
290653-17
290655-18
290657-19
290711-20
290713-21

GB STARTED!
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=118199.0
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 August 2022, 19:43:04 by iNKY Studio »

Offline iNKY Studio

Re: [IC] iNKY x DMK Genshin Impact-INAZUMA
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 22:47:14 »
PS.   no worries on IP issue, Mihoyo is very generous abt GI peripheral products.
they have relative policy posted online that explains what to follow. if interested, can research on it. ;D

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 23:06:25 »
By gamers, for gamers
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 00:01:30 »
PS.   no worries on IP issue, Mihoyo is very generous abt GI peripheral products.
they have relative policy posted online that explains what to follow. if interested, can research on it. ;D

Last time a designer said they've taken into consideration of the legal policies, they got hit with a C&D. Looking at u DSA Encore.

I have doubts that this project would go smoothly but all the best.

Offline ee

• hi
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 00:32:12 »
is that a weedb?

i'm calling the police.

Offline Exembe

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 01:04:22 »
i mean colors and novelties are nice but dang another weeb set thats purple

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 04:26:19 »

Last time a designer said they've taken into consideration of the legal policies, they got hit with a C&D. Looking at u DSA Encore.

thank u for reminding. we have read their policy many times before doing this
 we will be careful and study the policy again before gb

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 04:34:35 »
hahaha u r right ! so many weeb purple sets
im gonna "break this rule" by doing the following genshin themes for Liyue and Mondstadt :p

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 04:37:39 »
is that a weedb?

i'm calling the police.

hahaha
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2022, 21:11:45 by iNKY Studio »

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 04:41:11 »
By gamers, for gamers
and also for my waifus' !

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 06:56:02 »
are there actually that many? genuine ask, because ever since i missed out on Black Lotus hiragana the only other one i can remember off the top of my head is Lilac on Black (still in IC). i need purple/violet/pink weebkeebs. this one is looking pretty dang nice (especially so becus i need a good one one for my raiden theme). or even just good purple colorways in general. maybe im too dumb

now, dark blue/teal "nautical/aquatic themes" on the other hand, and xyz variant of teal/pink vaporwave/cyberpunk/80s.... i feel like between just these 2 themes of colorways, i can write a list of IC/GB that reaches triple digit in number (ok slightly exaggerated but you get the idea). not that i have anything against either of those themes, i love both but it feels like ive seen so many variations of hammerhead (Basin is the only really nice unique aquatic theme i can think of recently), and all the vaporwave styled ones.... can i just get a simple hot pink/black or laser pink/black? has there been one yet, or have i missed that too?

back on topic tho, if this set goes through successfully, will you also be doing a nice cryo set with shenhe and cocogoat ganyu theme novs? (yes im aware of the irony that i literally just ranted about blue/teal sets but cmon this is waifus. thats different)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2022, 08:24:22 by AmethystDCVR »

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 21:16:46 »
are there actually that many? genuine ask, because ever since i missed out on Black Lotus hiragana the only other one i can remember off the top of my head is Lilac on Black (still in IC). i need purple/violet/pink weebkeebs. this one is looking pretty dang nice (especially so becus i need a good one one for my raiden theme). or even just good purple colorways in general. maybe im too dumb

now, dark blue/teal "nautical/aquatic themes" on the other hand, and xyz variant of teal/pink vaporwave/cyberpunk/80s.... i feel like between just these 2 themes of colorways, i can write a list of IC/GB that reaches triple digit in number (ok slightly exaggerated but you get the idea). not that i have anything against either of those themes, i love both but it feels like ive seen so many variations of hammerhead (Basin is the only really nice unique aquatic theme i can think of recently), and all the vaporwave styled ones.... can i just get a simple hot pink/black or laser pink/black? has there been one yet, or have i missed that too?

back on topic tho, if this set goes through successfully, will you also be doing a nice cryo set with shenhe and cocogoat ganyu theme novs? (yes im aware of the irony that i literally just ranted about blue/teal sets but cmon this is waifus. thats different)

ohhh yeah. absolutely. i LOVE shenhe. personally speaking i am thinking of doing the ice element ladies for quite a while now. no hurry. one by one. if inazuma go successfully

Offline MSA_Vision

Re: [IC] Domikey iNKY Genshin Impact-INAZUMA
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 06:05:46 »
I think hoyoverse (formerly mihoyo) clearly states you don’t need an approval as long as the quantity is 200 or less. Anything exceeding that needs an approval from them. You have not stated that anywhere in your IC. Please don’t mislead people by saying that they are relaxed with IP when that is not the case. Is there a chance you might not face any legal action? Possibly. But are you immune from a C&D if your sales exceed 200? I don’t thinks so. There’s also a bullet point prohibiting the direct use of official source material which your novelties quite clearly seem to ignore.

I’m a day 1 Genshin player and have been wanting to design a set which doesn’t infringe their guidelines but the rules make it incredibly difficult to do so. There is GMK Spark Knight which has been shelved indefinitely because GMK MOQ is 250 for custom colours and it won’t be possible to run it without the company’s approval. Excellent work but I don’t think this is it.

You and anyone else interested can read the guidelines here: https://m.hoyolab.com/#/article/381519
Sic Parvis Magna

Offline ocean.setups

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 11:34:03 »
Looks very nice, i love the decent gradient!

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 20:14:23 »
I think hoyoverse (formerly mihoyo) clearly states you don’t need an approval as long as the quantity is 200 or less. Anything exceeding that needs an approval from them. You have not stated that anywhere in your IC. Please don’t mislead people by saying that they are relaxed with IP when that is not the case. Is there a chance you might not face any legal action? Possibly. But are you immune from a C&D if your sales exceed 200? I don’t thinks so. There’s also a bullet point prohibiting the direct use of official source material which your novelties quite clearly seem to ignore.

I’m a day 1 Genshin player and have been wanting to design a set which doesn’t infringe their guidelines but the rules make it incredibly difficult to do so. There is GMK Spark Knight which has been shelved indefinitely because GMK MOQ is 250 for custom colours and it won’t be possible to run it without the company’s approval. Excellent work but I don’t think this is it.

You and anyone else interested can read the guidelines here: https://m.hoyolab.com/#/article/381519

im sorry for not clearing my words careflly...and thank you for pointing this out :)
we have read and studied their poliy carefully, not sure if the english ver is the same as chinese one.....
they stated on the policy ver 1.2, no. 3 .   for the peripheral products that have daily actual use (such as mugs, towels etc.), there is no limited price restriction and no need to report to mihoyo.
we believe keycaps can fit this "daily useable peripheral products"
IF, there was future issue turned out.  We r welling and happy to report to mihoyo offically. 
at this point, still dont know how many kits we could sell in GB so,,,,,,  no worries so far

oh for the novelties. there policy on that stated... the patterns have to be creator's understanding of how things look like..... how to say.... they only prohibit creators to use offical pics that would lead to any missunderstanding that "this product is done by official mihoyo".....
other words. our keycaps clearly are not looking like they are done by offical mihoyo
and novelties i drew are not exactly same as the offical patterns in the game, still a peripheral production for sure. so...... yea so hard to explain....

happy to discuss further issues with u! thanks a lot
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2022, 20:44:52 by iNKY Studio »

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 20:16:06 »
Looks very nice, i love the decent gradient!
thank you for commenting, trying my best to do a nice looking gradient ^-^
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 June 2022, 20:18:20 by iNKY Studio »

Offline soundstage

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 11:02:07 »
Is this restricted to a single vendor? Will you add more vendors for different regions?

Offline MSA_Vision

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 17:32:17 »
If that’s the case, alright. There has been information lost in translation from mihoyo in the past and if what you’re saying is true, fair enough. Good luck with IC and hope the set sells well :)

Sic Parvis Magna

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 18:03:56 »

im sorry for not clearing my words careflly...and thank you for pointing this out :)
we have read and studied their poliy carefully, not sure if the english ver is the same as chinese one.....
they stated on the policy ver 1.2, no. 3 .   for the peripheral products that have daily actual use (such as mugs, towels etc.), there is no limited price restriction and no need to report to mihoyo.
IF, there was future issue turned out.  We r welling and happy to report to mihoyo offically. 
at this point, still dont know how many kits we could sell in GB so,,,,,,  no worries so far

oh for the novelties. there policy on that stated... the patterns have to be creator's understanding of how things look like..... how to say.... they only prohibit creators to use offical pics that would lead to any missunderstanding that "this product is done by official mihoyo".....
other words. our keycaps clearly are not looking like they are done by offical mihoyo
and novelties i drew are not exactly same as the offical patterns in the game, still a peripheral production for sure. so...... yea so hard to explain....

You should talk to an IP lawyer who is an expert on this topic, rather than trying to handle this yourself. If Mihoyo sues you, your vendors, and DMK this could end very badly. Do your due diligence.

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 21:12:35 »
If that’s the case, alright. There has been information lost in translation from mihoyo in the past and if what you’re saying is true, fair enough. Good luck with IC and hope the set sells well :)

thank u mate😆

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 21:17:51 »

You should talk to an IP lawyer who is an expert on this topic, rather than trying to handle this yourself. If Mihoyo sues you, your vendors, and DMK this could end very badly. Do your due diligence.
i did and will keep on doing so
  thank u for being concerned so much for us,no worries really  :)

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 21:22:07 »
Is this restricted to a single vendor? Will you add more vendors for different regions?

not sure but...where r u from.my friend?

Offline Botty212

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 00:25:40 »
this will most likely end up being sold on KPrepublic only, as most Domikey sets do. I have yet to see a DMK set other than Midnight beeing offered by EU vendors.

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 20:25:30 »
this will most likely end up being sold on KPrepublic only, as most Domikey sets do. I have yet to see a DMK set other than Midnight beeing offered by EU vendors.
not sure yet  ^-^

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 21:56:57 »
lovely design.

Looking forward to seeing some real samples soon.

Offline Daesya

• 💜 purple supremacy 💜
    • social mediass
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 14:21:32 »
I discovered this set today and it's a must cop for me 💜 Do we have an estimation for how much the kits will be ?
Also PBT or ABS ? Sorry if I missed it...

I feel like the the novelties are "generic" enough to inspire the characters without using mihoyo original designs, hopefully everything will process smoothly !

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 19:19:06 »
I discovered this set today and it's a must cop for me 💜 Do we have an estimation for how much the kits will be ?
im guessing most likely priced similarly to previous custom Domikey keycaps GBs. also most likely ABS just like all the other triple-shot domikey sets.

Offline KPrepublic

• * Vendor
    • KPrepublic
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 21:18:32 »

I feel like the the novelties are "generic" enough to inspire the characters without using mihoyo original designs, hopefully everything will process smoothly !

It is ABS keycaps.   iNKY Studio intends to make the spacebar as doubleshot as well.  hope it would be finished. 

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 05:57:17 »
yay purple

Offline soundstage

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 12:37:11 »

I'm from India.

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 06:02:36 »

I'm from India.
oh! hi! glad to hear! is there any goog vendor in your contry? any suggestion my friend?

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 13:03:23 »
hey i just notice something. very minor. but shouldnt the 2nd gradient base kit be called Musou Isshin, not Musou no Isshin? Musou no Hitotachi is correct for the first set tho.

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 23:09:38 »
hey i just notice something. very minor. but shouldnt the 2nd gradient base kit be called Musou Isshin, not Musou no Isshin? Musou no Hitotachi is correct for the first set tho.
emmm im gonna ask my japanese friend again, thank you for pointing it out~~~ :thumb:

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 03:27:46 »
emmm im gonna ask my japanese friend again, thank you for pointing it out~~~ :thumb:
at least in the case for Genshin's english localization: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Musou_Isshin

Offline soundstage

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 13:11:18 »

I'm from India.
oh! hi! glad to hear! is there any goog vendor in your contry? any suggestion my friend?

We have Rectangles.store who ran DMK Midnight. Can you pls tell if you plan to add vendors?

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 19:55:43 »

I'm from India.

We have Rectangles.store who ran DMK Midnight. Can you pls tell if you plan to add vendors?
we gonna have a look at them.    u know kprepublic also can ship to India

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 20:01:34 »
at least in the case for Genshin's english localization: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Musou_Isshin
Japanese: 夢想の一心   
 in these letters の is "no".
if we kept these two names in rhyme. better keep the "no" ?
interesting. but why they left out the translation of の......
its in chinese version too same as japanese ver :confused:

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 02:40:32 »
yea probably best to leave it as you have it now. sorry, false alarm

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 20:15:09 »
yea probably best to leave it as you have it now. sorry, false alarm
its ok, happy to double check this before GB :thumb: thank you!

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 20:25:27 »
check out our color sample updates :thumb:

Offline Rotuh

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 08:55:36 »
Excellent work! I was often contemplating about a potential Raiden Ei/Inazuma set, and the color palette closest to that was GMK Tuzi. With that being said, In my honest opinion it feels like the palette is a little too bright for the theme you're going for. The darker purple that's used in the alphas on the double shot set could be slightly more muted, or rather "colder" as that is the impression I got from Raiden when she uses her abilities and Inazuma in general. The white could also lean a little more to a colder purple/blue tone similar to the alphas on Tuzi, like a Pantone 663 C, which is what I really liked about Tuzi and which really drives home the warmer, more comfortable side of Inazuma and Raiden and describes both including Miko better than the bright white. Otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to this set, and I'm curious about your plans for future Genshin sets!

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 21:46:10 »
Excellent work! I was often contemplating about a potential Raiden Ei/Inazuma set, and the color palette closest to that was GMK Tuzi. With that being said, In my honest opinion it feels like the palette is a little too bright for the theme you're going for. The darker purple that's used in the alphas on the double shot set could be slightly more muted, or rather "colder" as that is the impression I got from Raiden when she uses her abilities and Inazuma in general. The white could also lean a little more to a colder purple/blue tone similar to the alphas on Tuzi, like a Pantone 663 C, which is what I really liked about Tuzi and which really drives home the warmer, more comfortable side of Inazuma and Raiden and describes both including Miko better than the bright white. Otherwise I'm definitely looking forward to this set, and I'm curious about your plans for future Genshin sets!
hi thank u for sharing options! love. your ideas!
 i tried the cooler purple in mod and alpha but turned out more like a blue.... actually Raiden's hair color looks blue in a way. japanese animation do usually use dark blue to represent  black hair? emmm  anyway....
the reason i decided on white rather than light purple is bcoz the lightning......
this theme is abt inamzuma. its more than Raiden or Miko only. so.....  ^-^
we also have other inazuma characters related patterns drawn in novelties

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 03:37:37 »
keycaps samples are here :))

290631-0
290633-1
290635-2
290637-3
290639-4
290641-5
290643-6
290645-7
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Offline jsntzjw

Re: [GB soon] Domikey iNKY Genshin Impact-INAZUMA SAMPLES SHOTS UPDATE
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 03:48:43 »
wow~ ⊙o⊙ !I like this purple. Such pretty keycaps.
Anyway, what‘s HiFi Fox?
emmmmmm……I don't want to write anything.

Offline Rotuh

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 09:17:34 »
The purples turned out really well in the samples, excited for the group buy!

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 19:27:26 »
wow~ ⊙o⊙ !I like this purple. Such pretty keycaps.
Anyway, what‘s HiFi Fox?
so happy u like it!
hahaha Hifi Fox is just my nickname  :p

Offline iNKY Studio

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 03:46:07 »
have a look more shots
this pink is a killer :thumb:
290707-0
290709-1

Offline JQ27

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 05:49:28 »
From the kitting, it doesn't look like the ISO kit matches the colours for either of the alpha sets? I imagine it would want to be the same as the Latin Alphas, rather than the mod it looks like.

Offline mariajose1197

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 12:40:04 »
This brings me Spirit Blossom League of Legends event feeling.
I don't play Genshin Impact, but the theme is similar I guess.
I'm not obsessed with bright pink but seeing what you based it on I really like the color combination and how the novelties were adapted on the set.

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 13:46:14 »

lvl 90 hu tao :cool:
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2