Author Topic: [IC] Gundam Woundwort Artisans V2 [NOW AVAILABLE]  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Fyfijyf

[IC] Gundam Woundwort Artisans V2 [NOW AVAILABLE]
« on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 16:28:55 »
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to run another interest check on my Gundam Woundwort keycap sculpt I created last year. I was super stoked on the feedback I received, however life got in the way and it never made it past a couple prototypes.

This is my own design I created from reference images and drawings online, and it's modeled in Fusion 360. The cap is printed using custom colored bio degradable resins which are much easier both to work with and for the environment, and then hand painted and finished by me. I hope to do a small, limited run of these soon and each would be numbered & arrive with proof of authenticity signed by myself. I'm super proud of this design, and I'm really hoping to share some of my work!

I got the sense last year that people were really only interested in the fully solid version of this cap, however I will still have a LED shine through version available as well which would let light shine through the eyes, forehead cameras, Vulcans, etc.

Short of being 3D printed these are pretty much ready to go so I would love to hear anyone's thoughts / feedback! I've included the renders from the original interest check along with a couple unpainted prototype images.

UPDATE 7/4/22:

Hey everyone! After a short wait, I've painted the first run of these caps and both are now available for purchase through my online store!  It's available as both a solid painted sculpt, and an LED Pass through version with the eyes, head camera, and side Vulcans all glowing. I hope it translates on photos, but in person the effect is really pretty! If you're a Gundam fan, or just love the Woundwort design, I would love for you to check it out!

https://cm-key-caps.square.site/
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2022, 19:34:27 by Fyfijyf »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: [IC] Gundam Woundwort Artisans V2
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 17:51:21 »
Love me some Gundam so you know I'm all about this & the other cap you posted. Personally I would go with the solid version, but only because I quit using per key LEDs in my builds a long time ago. I do think there would be some interest in the shine through one as a lot of PCBs do offer per key RGB nowadays. Anyways keep us updated here, I'd definitely be interested in grabbing one these!

Offline kylekwong1

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 03:59:55 »
I would like to see the angelic antenna instead, but I'm sure that might be too difficult to model and print.

Offline Fyfijyf

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 15:51:04 »
An angelic Antenna will be difficult, but I am looking into it! Naturally it's going to be quite delicate, however as a display piece I think it would be great!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Offline Fyfijyf

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 15:52:39 »
Love me some Gundam so you know I'm all about this & the other cap you posted. Personally I would go with the solid version, but only because I quit using per key LEDs in my builds a long time ago. I do think there would be some interest in the shine through one as a lot of PCBs do offer per key RGB nowadays. Anyways keep us updated here, I'd definitely be interested in grabbing one these!

They're on the way! Please be on the lookout for a shop link to these in the next couple days. Right now I only have my Gouf cap available on there, however the Zakus and Woundworts should be up for sale this weekend! Thank you so much for the support!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Offline kylekwong1

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 00:40:55 »
I just checked some of the reference material. I don't think the woundwart head mouth exhaust can be seen in this angle.

But of course it varies depends on the material you refer from.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 July 2022, 00:56:34 by kylekwong1 »

Offline Fyfijyf

Re: [IC] Gundam Woundwort Artisans V2 [NOW AVAILABLE]
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 19:37:22 »
Hey Everybody!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took a look at these, or commented! I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and it's exciting to receive feedback! I've been hard  at work this weekend refining the tolerances and painting the final versions, and they're officially up and available for purchase! I'm super excited to post my second complete artisan design, and I hope you guys like it too!

The link is in the post above too, but just in case here it is: https://cm-key-caps.square.site/
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Offline Fyfijyf

Re: [IC] Gundam Woundwort Artisans V2 [NOW AVAILABLE]
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 22:43:34 »
Hey Everybody!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took a look at these, or commented! I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and it's exciting to receive feedback! I've been hard  at work this weekend refining the tolerances and painting the final versions, and they're officially up and available for purchase! I'm super excited to post my second complete artisan design, and I hope you guys like it too!

The link is in the post above too, but just in case here it is: https://cm-key-caps.square.site/

Found out the shop link wasn't working properly. New one should be up and running!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ