Author Topic: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit(GB complete)  (Read 115628 times)

Offline C³—Ears

Re: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit(Production)
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 23:53:39 »
Why we taking new orders? There's a lot of refunds and before we ordered like 100 keyboards and now we just have 50. I have to make up to 100 again to remain our orders.
I believe there aren't any groupbuy runners willing to do refund like i do.Most of the groupbuy's money is already gone. Now i have to pay the new factory and give refund from my own pocket.
In the end of the day, i have take all the lost. Please give us some faith. I am not running off like my factory. We have been working hard for our brand and we cherish our brand too much.

Offline cemoon

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 00:55:42 »
I'm with you Raymond.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 01:00:14 »
Update for Zer0.9EE/Polycarbonate
I am sad to tell everyone this bad news, my CNC factory have escape with my money and they haven’t deliver anything.They are not answer our calls,email,instant message and we have go to their place and find out it’s all empty. So today we can be sure that my CNC guy have run off. I am really sorry about this and we couldn’t let you guys be response for all of this,so here is how we want to deal with this situation.
1, We are making the case with another CNC shop with same quality. We will re-new the leadtime. That means another 3 month for now and we will deliver this keyboard. All other stuff(PCBs,packing,etc)is already in our warehouse now and this project is too good to be wasted so we still want to make it happen. For compensation,we will give everyone a set of stabs(random color) and our newly made tangerines switches(90PCS).
2, We understand some people are not willing to take the risk again. We will give full refund to you and a set of stabs(random color, free shipping)for compensation.
Refund please email to erduo.ear@gmail.com with a form like this:
Invoice number:
GH ID:
We will give refund next Friday.
3, This thing affect both Zer0.9EE(alu) and Zer0.9 polycarbonate.
4, Since we are re-making all of this, we will take new orders if anyone still trusting us.I doubt there is but we will rebuilt the trust.
In the end, i just want to say that we value our brand so much and we will take all the responsibility for this kind of thing. We are prepared to refund everyone.
Sorry again for this,I promise we will learn from this and be more responsible in the future.
How do I place a new order?

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 01:14:35 »
4, Since we are re-making all of this, we will take new orders if anyone still trusting us.I doubt there is but we will rebuilt the trust.

Shouldn't focusing on fulfilling the original GB orders that were supposed to ship today take precedence over taking new orders? Why would you throw more orders on top of this mess?

How do you figure that it isn't? More orders will help them recoup some of the loss they're about to take from giving out refunds and spending double to fulfill the non-refunded orders.

Just as a disclaimer, I am in this gb and planning to stay just purely based on C3 being a known person in the community and having delivered many projects. So personally, regardless of which approach he picks, I believe he will deliver the product eventually. That said I agree with wholypantalones here. Say that this gb had 200 boards and now he sells 200 more, and during production something goes south again, is he going to sell a new batch to fix that 400? It is proven time and time that approach usually doesn't work.

Not to mention that more orders means longer fulfillment time and less involved QC.

Honestly, as someone who participated in this gb and was expecting a short lead time only to find out that there is no product after three months, none of this makes me confident to continue any further.

I too was a part of this GB and being my first with the community, I don't have a lot of faith a future product will be managed well with the next manufacturer.

Aren't key milestones set from the outset of the project being worked on with the manu, PRIOR to any money changing hands?

I feel for c3's current situation, but at the end of the day, the community has entrusted him with their hard earned money, to only be left in the dark for 3 months with nothing to show for it.

in fairness to c3, being left in the dark is the story for most gbs, there's not a lot of updates going around these days. there's also not a lot he can do if he's being lied to.

also be a little bit thankful, everyone has the ability to get a full refund with compensation. that is not going to be the case with many gbs. if i was trying to run a gb and this happened, you'd all be ****ed.

he's making things right. if you don't have confidence then take your refund and find another gb  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's very true, in all fairness, the willingness from the gb runner to embrace the full loss and issue full refund + compensation is just appalling. Being a customer who has been willing to wait for 3 months for the product and ends up not getting one is a disappointment, but at least you have nothing to lose - and thats mainly because the gb runner would rather take the fall for all of you, even though the incident was not entirely his fault. Guys, please don't take this for granted. I'm not justifying that the gb runner should just act like other failed gb runners whom just let the gb die quietly, but at least you can see the sincerity from C3.
He could have just said sorry guys, bad luck.
He could have just splitted the loss with you all, by probably issuing partial refund or delivering B or below stock item
There were not a lot of options, but he chose the toughest one, at least for his position. Be respectful and don't take this for granted. It's a bummer that the GB cannot go as planned, but **** happens. And what matters is how we proceed to make things better.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 09:37:34 »
Why we taking new orders? There's a lot of refunds and before we ordered like 100 keyboards and now we just have 50. I have to make up to 100 again to remain our orders.
I believe there aren't any groupbuy runners willing to do refund like i do.Most of the groupbuy's money is already gone. Now i have to pay the new factory and give refund from my own pocket.
In the end of the day, i have take all the lost. Please give us some faith. I am not running off like my factory. We have been working hard for our brand and we cherish our brand too much.
You've got my faith!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 14:03:58 »
Anyone actually complaining about the way C3 is handling better be ready to get ****ed 10 times harder by future GBs they participate on if they do go south. I understand frustration because it's gonna take x amount of months longer to get the board(s) but I have far more sympathy for C3 in this situation than I do for anyone giving him **** specifically for what he's offering to do for us.

Offline fluidin

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 22:05:29 »
i'm in if a hotswap pcb option will be offered! seeing as you guys are making a hotswap 80% pcb and taking new orders anyway

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 05:43:50 »

Shouldn't focusing on fulfilling the original GB orders that were supposed to ship today take precedence over taking new orders? Why would you throw more orders on top of this mess?

How do you figure that it isn't? More orders will help them recoup some of the loss they're about to take from giving out refunds and spending double to fulfill the non-refunded orders.

Just as a disclaimer, I am in this gb and planning to stay just purely based on C3 being a known person in the community and having delivered many projects. So personally, regardless of which approach he picks, I believe he will deliver the product eventually. That said I agree with wholypantalones here. Say that this gb had 200 boards and now he sells 200 more, and during production something goes south again, is he going to sell a new batch to fix that 400? It is proven time and time that approach usually doesn't work.

Not to mention that more orders means longer fulfillment time and less involved QC.

Honestly, as someone who participated in this gb and was expecting a short lead time only to find out that there is no product after three months, none of this makes me confident to continue any further.

I too was a part of this GB and being my first with the community, I don't have a lot of faith a future product will be managed well with the next manufacturer.

Aren't key milestones set from the outset of the project being worked on with the manu, PRIOR to any money changing hands?

I feel for c3's current situation, but at the end of the day, the community has entrusted him with their hard earned money, to only be left in the dark for 3 months with nothing to show for it.

in fairness to c3, being left in the dark is the story for most gbs, there's not a lot of updates going around these days. there's also not a lot he can do if he's being lied to.

also be a little bit thankful, everyone has the ability to get a full refund with compensation. that is not going to be the case with many gbs. if i was trying to run a gb and this happened, you'd all be ****ed.

he's making things right. if you don't have confidence then take your refund and find another gb  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's very true, in all fairness, the willingness from the gb runner to embrace the full loss and issue full refund + compensation is just appalling. Being a customer who has been willing to wait for 3 months for the product and ends up not getting one is a disappointment, but at least you have nothing to lose - and thats mainly because the gb runner would rather take the fall for all of you, even though the incident was not entirely his fault. Guys, please don't take this for granted. I'm not justifying that the gb runner should just act like other failed gb runners whom just let the gb die quietly, but at least you can see the sincerity from C3.
He could have just said sorry guys, bad luck.
He could have just splitted the loss with you all, by probably issuing partial refund or delivering B or below stock item
There were not a lot of options, but he chose the toughest one, at least for his position. Be respectful and don't take this for granted. It's a bummer that the GB cannot go as planned, but **** happens. And what matters is how we proceed to make things better.
Thank you for all your kind words. I am really touched. You have much better words than i ever did. It's like speaking from the bottom of my heart.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 05:44:54 »
You've got my faith!

Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me at this kind of moments.

Offline kelwe

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 06:42:57 »
Awesome. Love your services. www.mywegmansconnect.com
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 November 2019, 07:51:12 by kelwe »

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 00:28:36 »
Refund all sent! If anyone still want to refund,please email to erduo.ear@gmail.com before Friday! I have to know how many orders i have left.

Thank you everyone who is staying in this buy.You guys are really great! Promise we will deliver same quality stuff :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline dietonto

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 03:40:44 »
I would love to join this GB. Are you still accepting new orders? If Yes, then how do I join. Thanks.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 02:14:56 »
Hi guys, Now we are doing re-new orders and filling the open spots.
1, If you want to re-new buyer protection, please email to erduo.ear@gmail with you invoice number(4 digital number). I will send new invoice and refund your old ones.

2, Here's link for new orders.   https://forms.gle/kRBe7yKvgT7CA7HR8
For Zer0.9 polycarbonate we will only take maxium 21 oders(to match refunded orders). I wont take anymore than that becasue we have put down this many orders to our new factory.

3, any problems please pm me here or find me on discord.

Thank you everyone for all your support.

Offline dietonto

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:54:54 »
Submitted a new order... Super excited for this.

May we know what is the new lead time? Thanks.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 08:15:10 »
Hi guys, Now we are doing re-new orders and filling the open spots.
1, If you want to re-new buyer protection, please email to erduo.ear@gmail with you invoice number(4 digital number). I will send new invoice and refund your old ones.

2, Here's link for new orders.   https://forms.gle/kRBe7yKvgT7CA7HR8
For Zer0.9 polycarbonate we will only take maxium 21 oders(to match refunded orders). I wont take anymore than that becasue we have put down this many orders to our new factory.

3, any problems please pm me here or find me on discord.

Thank you everyone for all your support.

Thank you so much for offering the buyer protection renewal! I'd like to think I speak for most, if not everyone. in the GB when I say we greatly appreciate everything you're doing to keep the GB alive while also thinking about the people in the GB.

Additionally, are there any updates on the hotswap PCB yet, and will you be offering the chance to switch to the hotswap instead of the non-hotswap?  :D

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 01:07:57 »
Submitted a new order... Super excited for this.

May we know what is the new lead time? Thanks.
I am working on the new lead time, will update here as soon as i know it.

Thanks

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 01:11:06 »

Thank you so much for offering the buyer protection renewal! I'd like to think I speak for most, if not everyone. in the GB when I say we greatly appreciate everything you're doing to keep the GB alive while also thinking about the people in the GB.

Additionally, are there any updates on the hotswap PCB yet, and will you be offering the chance to switch to the hotswap instead of the non-hotswap?  :D
Sorry, that howswap PCB is dead now, we have to re-design the plate for hotswap PCBs and that takes a lot of time(desgin+prototyping). Plus we aready super delayed for this so we decided not doing that.

Thanks for your understanding!

Offline olaf3

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 18:40:37 »
Any further updates?

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 21:03:42 »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 00:31:56 »
Is there a photo of the plate? And how tall is the front of the keyboard?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline olaf3

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 19:16:44 »
Still on track for March delivery?

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 09:41:03 »

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 03:42:48 »
We are facing at least one month delay because coronavirus in China. Factory will be back to work on 2March instead of 1st of Feb. And they cant make thing in full speed because not every worker will be back since there are some lockdown happened here. We are trying our best to make things happen ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 08:44:29 »
We are facing at least one month delay because coronavirus in China. Factory will be back to work on 2March instead of 1st of Feb. And they cant make thing in full speed because not every worker will be back since there are some lockdown happened here. We are trying our best to make things happen ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks for the update! Just stay safe!

Offline olaf3

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:54:31 »

No worries, thanks for the info and stay safe!

Offline olaf3

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 07:26:35 »
How's progress going, very excited for this board :D

Offline higgga

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 21:50:26 »
How's progress going, very excited for this board :D

From their discord on 18/3/20:
"PC and alu both within 2 months. We dont have enough worker around here"

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 03:36:12 »
We have sent out confirmation email about order and address, if you ordered 0.9PC and havent received email or dm me on discord. Please let me know.
PM me on GH or dm me on discord or send me an email(equalz@equalz.cn)

Thanks everyone, we are preparing shipping now and will ship this very soon!

Offline cemoon

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 11:26:27 »
Super hyped for this board

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 04:38:47 »
will there be extras up for sale?  :-X
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 01:51:02 »
After everyone received their boards and nobody needs to replace any parts/damaged board during shipping. I will sell the extras here. Thanks

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:16:35 »
After everyone received their boards and nobody needs to replace any parts/damaged board during shipping. I will sell the extras here. Thanks

i'll be on the lookout! :)
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:54:04 »

Got mine. Very nice packaging. Thanks for handling this GB so well despite having the first factory ghosted and ran away with your money.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:38:07 »
Few things for the polycarbonate Zer0.9
1,When you screw the PC case or the plate, try to do it vertically and dont screw it too tight.
2,When you wash the PC case,use hand soap or dish soap,use cold water. Wipe it gently. Otherwise you may scratch it. For daily care, just use a wet cloth or towel to wipe out fingerprint.
3,If you are using the polycarbonate plate,peel both side before you assemble it.

Special thanks to everyone stay in this buy, we couldnt make it without your guys support. We really appreciate it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 00:04:13 »
Show Image

Got mine. Very nice packaging. Thanks for handling this GB so well despite having the first factory ghosted and ran away with your money.

that pvd is actually so nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline C³—Ears

Finally got my unpacking video up.Please bear with my English. I am not a native speaker

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
looks amazing, great packaging too. hopefully i can get one off the extras  :p

btw your english is great for a non native speaker, don't worry about it! most people can't speak more than one language.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline clik_clak

Great job! Board turned out fantastic!

Really hoping I can pick one of these up when extras become available!

Offline warmsoda

Just got my package and I’m blown away by the beautiful packaging! The board and everything looks amazing, I couldn’t be happier. The switches that came with it (thank you C3) feel INCREDIBLE.

With the delays, it’s been totally worth the wait.

Offline cemoon

First thing first, top notch packaging. The board itself is super nice, approximately 4.5 lbs with brass plate which is quite heavy for a poly board.
Thank you so much for handling this GB so well Ray, especially even the first manu ran you off.

Offline Damage

I have my board, and it looks great. Already starting the build process.

Where can I download the software configurator?

Is there a way without the software--using the default keymap, I guess--to turn the LED brightness down or turn them off?

I tried to test the PCB, but it's burning my retinas to look at it. :)

Offline C³—Ears

I have my board, and it looks great. Already starting the build process.

Where can I download the software configurator?

Is there a way without the software--using the default keymap, I guess--to turn the LED brightness down or turn them off?

I tried to test the PCB, but it's burning my retinas to look at it. :)

http://c3equalz.com/col.jsp?id=107
Download software here.

Use the software to close all the RGBs

I am sorry it's too bright.

Offline Clickwind

Re: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit(Shipping out)
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 07:00:11 »
Got my board today and built it up. It's amazing Ray you really outdid yourself with this board, it was definitely worth the wait! The fit and finish of the board is excellent and was a pleasure to build. I'm excited to see what you come up with next.

Offline Trixxur

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:28:06 »
Any news on extra polycarbonate keyboards? Interested in this one

Offline singabore

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 00:25:12 »
same, would love one of these

Offline lnguyen_

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 00:28:34 »
Any news on extra polycarbonate keyboards? Interested in this one

I believe Ray said he's waiting to make sure everyone has received their boards and nothing has to be replaced due to damages. But he has also said there isnt many remaning.. so that it'll be FCFS

Offline ZyBeR

Re: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit(GB complete)
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 04:13:52 »
Has anyone tried to fit a h87 or any other ask compatible pcb?

Offline shansoft

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 14:56:12 »

h87c might work since it did work in EE version

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 00:33:38 »

h87c might work since it did work in EE version

I can confirm h87c from 1up does indeed fit.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 03:03:08 »
As its christmas time - i really hope for a rerun / evolution soon  :thumb:  this is too great