Author Topic: Need Help 122 Key M Resto  (Read 3132 times)

Offline themadreason

Need Help 122 Key M Resto
« on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 16:40:54 »
You may remember that I have been modding a 122 key M to work with my PC through a USB connector.  I have the bolt mod done.  I replaced the left shift key with a larger one from a 101 key M.  I fabricated my own press fit connector from some wood with a hand saw.  I used some foam insulation to get the connections to press together.

After trying several different configurations for the press fit connector, I still cannot get the keys for Q, A, and Z to register.  The rest of the keyboard works.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?  I worked with the barrel plate to ensure that it is flat with the back plate.  I have tried hitting the key hammers through the barrels with a tooth pick.  

Still nothing for the Q key cluster.  I am so close to getting this mod done!  The bolt mod makes the keys feel FANTASTIC!

Advice?  Questions?  Comments?  Caustic remarks?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 14:49:18 »
Don't know the solution to your problem, but I may have some internal parts (membrane, etc) for sale or trade that could replace your problem parts, if that is what it is.

PM me if that is a direction you want to go, I will have to dig around in some boxes.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline themadreason

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 14:01:01 »
for the offer.  I will keep that in mind.  I think that my problem may be at the software end.  Are there any special drivers that I need to make this keyboard work?

I allowed the Ruffian controller to auto install drivers.  Do I need some special software with the operating system?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 15:38:52 »
I have only done Model F 122s, and used Soarer's converter. It worked like a charm, and the only additional software was when I used Key Tweak to move some things around.

I don't know anything about Model Ms except the standard ANSI ones.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment