Author Topic: do_Og@n Painted Keycaps  (Read 15525 times)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Re: do_Og@n Painted Keycaps
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 01:00:37 »
Or just whirlcap would be alright. I'll add that to the list.

Right now I think Hypnocap is my favorite.
Would you be interested in selling custom painted caps? After getting the first one, I think I might want more! :D

I will be in the future but right now I'm working on a big project.

I've decided to name the keycaps with swirls..... HyPnoCaPs

First I want to thank Krogenar for helping me make up my mind on the name.

I'll be starting a sale thread here soon where I will offer up custom HyPnoCaPs and do 5 a week for the lucky 5 people who decide to jump on board.

Sale Parameters:

1- You choose the two colors you want.
        *Any color...if I don't have it I'll go buy it. (I'm not going to do three because the brightest color will distract from the other two)

2- You choose the keycap type you want.
        * Cherry Profile R4
        * OEM Profile R4
        * Tall Spherical MX caps
        * Topre
        * ALPS R4
        * IBM Model M

3- Once you buy this cap you will swear by it.
        * No selling it for a ridiculous profit!
        * You can however give it away.

As a side note I am not comparing my work to Clacks or the amazing work of the great and powerful Binge. I simply have fun painting and enjoy seeing the keycaps I paint on my fellow GeekHacker's keyboards.

I also want to thank you all for your kind words and ideas. I excited to see what I can produce in the future!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 01:13:26 »
Or just whirlcap would be alright. I'll add that to the list.

Right now I think Hypnocap is my favorite.
Would you be interested in selling custom painted caps? After getting the first one, I think I might want more! :D

I will be in the future but right now I'm working on a big project.

I've decided to name the keycaps with swirls..... HyPnoCaPs

First I want to thank Krogenar for helping me make up my mind on the name.

I'll be starting a sale thread here soon where I will offer up custom HyPnoCaPs and do 5 a week for the lucky 5 people who decide to jump on board.

Sale Parameters:

1- You choose the two colors you want.
        *Any color...if I don't have it I'll go buy it. (I'm not going to do three because the brightest color will distract from the other two)

2- You choose the keycap type you want.
        * Cherry Profile R4
        * OEM Profile R4
        * Tall Spherical MX caps
        * Topre
        * ALPS R4
        * IBM Model M

3- Once you buy this cap you will swear by it.
        * No selling it for a ridiculous profit!
        * You can however give it away.

As a side note I am not comparing my work to Clacks or the amazing work of the great and powerful Binge. I simply have fun painting and enjoy seeing the keycaps I paint on my fellow GeekHacker's keyboards.

I also want to thank you all for your kind words and ideas. I excited to see what I can produce in the future!
Any idea on pricing? Dibs on first spot :P
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline tormentor

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 02:36:59 »
I would love to be on board for the first wave of 5, dibs permitting. If you accept requests I have one that may be fairly simple. It's a AK 47 sitting next to the letter P and N.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:40:46 »
@ dragonxx21 - Price will be $10 plus shipping. This will include a repaint warranty. If it wears off, I repaint it and you just pay for shipping.

@ tormentor - I will be taking requests after I finish this huge project. This will only be one at a time though. I plan on making WASD, arrow, and function row sets in the future so I don't want a ton of requests stacking up.

I'm not sure what to do about dibs at this point but for the first round it should be okay.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:44:17 by do_Og@n »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 06:31:56 »
I'm not sure what to do about dibs at this point but for the first round it should be okay.

Hey! I lodged a pre-emptive "dibs" a few days ago for a HyPnoCaP!

$10 + shipping sounds reasonable. I would love a BS HyPnoCap with black and magenta if possible. Just let me know where to send the PayPal funds.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Dansor

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:05:33 »
$10 is more than fair for what I imagine the effort to be.

Also, french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry french fry.

That is all  :cool:

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 08:52:23 »
...the great and powerful Binge. ...

Humbling praise from a hard worker.  Good on you gentle sir for doing what you do.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 02:04:14 »
Alright....the classified thread is up and going.

Here is a link:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49377.msg1066919#msg1066919

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 06:06:23 »
Ordered.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 09:19:30 »
Ordered.

Thanks....I've added you to the list.

Offline Ch0nG

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 19:38:09 »
 :eek: Who was the lucky guy that got the NOD keycap?
Das Ultimate - Blues - Converted to removable USB (Mimic-Cables) - 40 A-L WASD ORings
ErgoDox - ErgoClears ErgoDox - 65g Blues

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 19:44:16 »

One of my coworkers. He put it on his first board and was giddy as a school girl when he first saw it.

Offline Ch0nG

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 19:51:49 »
One of my coworkers. He put it on his first board and was giddy as a school girl when he first saw it.

Haha, that's awesome! I have to admit I almost sent you a PM about it but then I realised that it was under your "Sold" post.
Das Ultimate - Blues - Converted to removable USB (Mimic-Cables) - 40 A-L WASD ORings
ErgoDox - ErgoClears ErgoDox - 65g Blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 20:22:05 »

That would have been quite a sight to see!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 10:56:19 »
I'm going to starting a Jack-O-Lantern set soon. There will be about 12 total and each one will be unique.

I'll update my HyPnoCaPs ad when they are done.

Offline tormentor

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 13:30:25 »
I'm going to starting a Jack-O-Lantern set soon. There will be about 12 total and each one will be unique.

I'll update my HyPnoCaPs ad when they are done.

Can't wait! ^_^

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 23:37:45 »
Just so everybody knows who were interested in some of my painted keycaps. \

I've posted some on my HyPnoCaPs thread.

Offline Laserist

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 06:49:56 »
Hey, good work man. Could you explain how do you paint the caps with more details? Like what sort of dye/brush/etc.. do you use, or any other thing to mention. I am so tired of my caps and very little chance to have new colored caps. Thanks,

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:04:59 »
Hey, good work man. Could you explain how do you paint the caps with more details? Like what sort of dye/brush/etc.. do you use, or any other thing to mention. I am so tired of my caps and very little chance to have new colored caps. Thanks,

I guess I should make a wiki page or something on my painting process. I don't really do anything special that a lot of other people don't already do. I just hand paint with acrylic paints after sanding and putting on a base coat. After the hand painting I layer it with lacquer.

1- Sand
2- Base coat
3- Hand paint
4- Lacquer

It just takes a lot of time to complete the whole process. In total I spend around 1-2 hours per keycap (depending on how complex the art is).

The Keroppi keycap took nearly 2 hours, the HyPnoCaPs took about 2 hours, but keycaps like the Brick one only took about an hour.

You do have to spend a decent amount on resources though. I already had some from years ago thankfully.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 08:38:06 »

I guess I should make a wiki page or something on my painting process. I don't really do anything special that a lot of other people don't already do. I just hand paint with acrylic paints after sanding and putting on a base coat. After the hand painting I layer it with lacquer.

1- Sand
2- Base coat
3- Hand paint
4- Lacquer

It just takes a lot of time to complete the whole process. In total I spend around 1-2 hours per keycap (depending on how complex the art is).

The Keroppi keycap took nearly 2 hours, the HyPnoCaPs took about 2 hours, but keycaps like the Brick one only took about an hour.

You do have to spend a decent amount on resources though. I already had some from years ago thankfully.

1. Be specific -- what paints / primers / paintbrushes do you use?
2. Use Photoelectric's writeup on case painting as a template of how to do it well.

Looking forward to getting my cap!
More

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 10:07:32 »
Question for my people?

Should I paint the Jack-O-Lantern set on Cherry Profile, OEM Profile, or Tall Spherical.

I like the tall Spherical because it is Symmetrical but they don't pull off a keyboard easily. I like OEM because they give me more of a painting surface, and most people like Cherry.

You decide!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 10:09:46 »
Question for my people?

Should I paint the Jack-O-Lantern set on Cherry Profile, OEM Profile, or Tall Spherical.

I like the tall Spherical because it is Symmetrical but they don't pull off a keyboard easily. I like OEM because they give me more of a painting surface, and most people like Cherry.

You decide!
Your people? What do you mean your people? Joking aside. I'd be interested in Tall Spherical as I've never actually had a cap like that, but most of these custom key caps seem to be cherry profile.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 10:28:42 »
Thanks for your input....and by my people I mean my fellow Geekhackers.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 10:34:41 »
Thanks for your input....and by my people I mean my fellow Geekhackers.
It was a spin off of the "You people, what do you mean you people" comment. No offense meant :P
Keyboards Owned:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 00:35:09 »
I have half of the Jack O Lantern set done and ready. I'll be able to finish the other half over the weekend (hopefully by Sunday) so I'll start selling them by Sunday or Monday.

Hope you all like them!

On another note the HyPnoCaPs are going really well so far and I want to thank everybody who has bought some so far and supported the idea. Special shout out to Krogenar for his help on the naming and joining in on the first run.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:02:25 »
I have half of the Jack O Lantern set done and ready. I'll be able to finish the other half over the weekend (hopefully by Sunday) so I'll start selling them by Sunday or Monday.

Hope you all like them!

On another note the HyPnoCaPs are going really well so far and I want to thank everybody who has bought some so far and supported the idea. Special shout out to Krogenar for his help on the naming and joining in on the first run.

They're amazing! I love how they look and can't wait for mine to come!

Offline tormentor

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:04:28 »

Hope you all like them!

Hope you got one of those set aside for me. XD

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:19:35 »

Hope you all like them!

Hope you got one of those set aside for me. XD

You would have had competition for them except for the fact that I'm starting to run out of cash and I already have some portal mods

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 09:09:56 »

Doogan, received my keycap HyPnoCaP yesterday, and it's awesome. Skillfully done, the topcoat makes it pop -- really, really great work. I'll post a pic later.  :thumb:
More

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 11:11:04 »
just moving the pictures i posted of my alps hyponocap in classifieds over here.........

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 11:02:58 »
As promised....PUMPKINS!!!!

Not only that but Pattie found them in the back.  ;)

40149-0
40151-1
40153-2
40155-3
40157-4

A few more pics... http://imgur.com/a/IKi3c#0

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 11:05:03 »
I'm still not sure how I should sell them. I want to keep them as a set but for the set it would cost $130.  :eek:

And....I would also like to give everybody a chance to buy one. Any suggestions!!!

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 12:34:01 »
I'm still not sure how I should sell them. I want to keep them as a set but for the set it would cost $130.  :eek:

And....I would also like to give everybody a chance to buy one. Any suggestions!!!

lol.................of course- paint more :p
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 12:38:35 »

from doing this before in the past do not sell as a set... people love choice and making it a set really takes away from their ability to pick and choose how they spend their money.  If someone wants to buy all of them at once... allow it, but I think you'd be doing a service if anyone could buy singles.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 12:44:51 »

from doing this before in the past do not sell as a set... people love choice and making it a set really takes away from their ability to pick and choose how they spend their money.  If someone wants to buy all of them at once... allow it, but I think you'd be doing a service if anyone could buy singles.

well shucks if that is the case can i get dibs on 1st choice if they go single as well?

More

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 23:05:21 »
Haven't updated this thread in a while. Just want to let you guys know that I'm still painting away. Here is a sneak at some of the stuff I've been playing with.

:eek: Glow In The Dark  :eek:

46874-0
46876-1 A little blurry but I'm no pro photographer.  :thumb:

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 23:29:04 »
Is it just me or were a lot of posts removed?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 23:32:19 »

You might be thinking of my HyPnoCaPs Sale Thread. This is the one I started before that one.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 23:38:52 »

You might be thinking of my HyPnoCaPs Sale Thread. This is the one I started before that one.

Ahah! I see now.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 16:44:56 »
Question for you all...I'm thinking about painting the modifiers on my F660C. If I do a solid color it will be Metallic Apple red or should I paint them like the HyPnoCaPs?

I'm thinking about doing them similar to the Windows Key HyPnoCaP. Paint the Shift, tab, enter symbol and branching the HyPnoCaP pattern off of that.

What does everybody think?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 16:45:56 »
hypnocaps look best on spherical caps, so ovalish caps don't look as good

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 16:53:12 »

I disagree; full hypnocap mods would be awesome.

I'm sure you already have something in mind, but I wouldn't do ovals like Pacifist suggested, but circles like the rest.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 16:56:35 »

I disagree; full hypnocap mods would be awesome.

I'm sure you already have something in mind, but I wouldn't do ovals like Pacifist suggested, but circles like the rest.

ovalish caps don't look as good

I never suggested ovals. I suggest that he stick with the red cap as doing hypnocap circles would not look so good on a cap that isn't square or circle

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 18:18:41 »
They won't be a circle pattern though.

I would paint the up arrow for the shift key and the rest of the swirl will take on same shape.

Kind of like this one.

http://i.imgur.com/d2H1qho.jpg

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 18:36:46 »
They won't be a circle pattern though.

I would paint the up arrow for the shift key and the rest of the swirl will take on same shape.

Kind of like this one.

http://i.imgur.com/d2H1qho.jpg

in that case go for it

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 01:47:29 »
Once again I am reaching out to all my Geek peeps for your help in naming my next series/line of painted keycaps.

Here is a list of what I've come up with so far:

1- ArachnoCaps
2- TrapCaps
3- WebCaps
4- CrawleCaps
5- SpideCaps

Here is also an image of some that I've painted up so far.

Thank you all for your help and support!!!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:28:41 »
New series idea: DogeCaps
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:34:47 »
Once again I am reaching out to all my Geek peeps for your help in naming my next series/line of painted keycaps.

1- ArachnoCaps
2- TrapCaps
3- WebCaps
4- CrawleCaps
5- SpideCaps

Show Image

These are Very good!  They actually look like there are physical threads on those caps, forming the webs.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:38:27 »
New series idea: DogeCaps

I like that....I've actually been looking for a Brand name for all my keycaps and that is now on the list.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:56:52 »

1- ArachnoCaps
2- TrapCaps
3- WebCaps
4- CrawleCaps
5- SpideCaps

Show Image

These are Very good!  They actually look like there are physical threads on those caps, forming the webs.

Little do you know I actually tie a paint brush to a spider bum and leave them in a cup until the keycap is done. ;)

If I can make the paint lines thick enough you can actually feel them when you touch the keycap.