Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mulberry  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Powerline

[IC] GMK Mulberry
« on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 22:35:54 »
How's it going everyone? I decided to see if anyone was interested in the keycap set i designed. This is in the really really early stages and also my first set but I would love to see feedback on what I could do better! Thanks everyone :)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK Mulberry
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 22:59:25 »
I do believe you need much better renders if you want to gauge proper interest in the community due to the quantity and quality of Interest Checks nowadays. There's a lot of competition so if you don't set yourself up right, your set may leave a lasting impression for people viewing it now, even if you decide to make it better in the future with more interest. I learnt that the hard way haha ^-^

On the contrary, I do like the 2nd theme quite a lot although I think the accent colour is too saturated and detracts the theme of the set. Something like white with a subtle purple tint would do wonders for me personally :p

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:17:29 »
I can echo what Agilr said above. Great advice, that I also learnt the hard way with help from, you guessed it, Agilr early in my IC

Offline Powerline

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:22:37 »
Oh, absolutely. I've just been using a free website. I don't even know where to begin rendering it myself and I don't wanna pay someone yet.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:28:41 »
If this forum was named "show your idea with high quality renders on known boards with at least Pantone but preferably RAL colors, with kits and novelty designs already mostly picked” it would be a lot more accurate.

I love the colors. I had a mulberry tree in front of my house as a kid. I’d buy the set. But to get a group buy, even one with an anything goes 6 kits a month vendor, this’ll need some polish. That means renders that probably cost money, kits picked, novelties done if you want them.

Somewhat related; Is there a cached copy of what GMK Sparta had when it was first posted?

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:35:32 »
Agree that greater renders would be great, but that wont stop me from feedback - first one looks better imo

Also i originally thought the keyset would be inspired by the bag brand lol

Offline Powerline

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:39:28 »
If this forum was named "show your idea with high quality renders on known boards with at least Pantone but preferably RAL colors, with kits and novelty designs already mostly picked” it would be a lot more accurate.

I love the colors. I had a mulberry tree in front of my house as a kid. I’d buy the set. But to get a group buy, even one with an anything goes 6 kits a month vendor, this’ll need some polish. That means renders that probably cost money, kits picked, novelties done if you want them.

Somewhat related; Is there a cached copy of what GMK Sparta had when it was first posted?

I'm not sure where this whole process will take me but I just wanna design something fun that we all can enjoy :)

Offline equalunique

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:53:32 »
Looks like you have a 2u space key there

If you add enough keys for 1u outer columns, then it would support Planck

Like how MiTo did with GMK Pulse: https://massdrop-s3.imgix.net/product-images/drop-mito-gmk-pulse-custom-keycap-set/FP/e5WBRfS4RkKQiIlhc20p_1%20-%20base.png?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=518&h=308&dpr=4&q=20

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

Re: [IC] GMK Mulberr
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:54:11 »

“Man those bags are expensive,” he typed on his norbauer keyboard with GMK chocolatier

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 23:57:05 »
Looks like you have a 2u space key there

Thought about GMK pulse or Nines for base kit design for this. Could move 2u space and split space (which I love) to a spacebars kit. 1 mulberry novelty could stay in the base and still maybe go for 140?

Offline neutralstate

Re: [IC] GMK Mulberr
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 09:25:01 »

“Man those bags are expensive,” he typed on his norbauer keyboard with GMK chocolatier

;D

Offline pegasus163

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 09:32:46 »
Does it look too similar to Bingsu?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 December 2019, 09:36:05 by pegasus163 »

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 09:57:57 »
The only input I could give at this point would be to do a proper interest check with at least one actual render (but should be more - there are several in the community that can do these without costing big $$). Look at some of the other GMK interest checks for some ideas.
There's really not enough info here yet to form an opinion. Renders are arguably the most important detail in an interest check.
That being said, I think the colors are good here. Given the state of GMB GB's lately, I'd get renders for both sets, then only run the one folks prefer. 2 base kits would likely not make MOQ. Only Olivia and Oblivion can really manage to pull that off.  ;)
Good luck!