Author Topic: Easy to read keycaps for Realforce 87U  (Read 2680 times)

Offline HankPhoto

Easy to read keycaps for Realforce 87U
« on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 15:18:31 »
Just got a Realforce 87U and would like some easy to read keycaps.  The black and black are to slow for me to recognize. I still look at number keys and special keys from time-to-time.  Any suggestions where I can buy some.

Offline Dongulator

Re: Easy to read keycaps for Realforce 87U
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 15:22:13 »
You might be able to find some Black on White caps in the after market. But these should do the trick: https://kbdfans.com/products/ic-kbdfans-x-biip-extended-2048-keycaps-set?variant=33816045322379

I Just realized these are for an 86u >_<

Offline HankPhoto

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 22:46:21 »
Thanks.  That set does also work on the 87U.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 22:49:23 »
ha.. I didn't see the full kit on the bottom, I'll have to pick one up.

Offline HankPhoto

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 15:36:01 »
I ordered the keycaps you suggested.  I will let you know when they arrive.  It was $18 for shipping.  Maybe I will get them in less than a month. :)

Offline Riverman

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 11:44:52 »
I just ordered a set for my Type Heaven.  I had no idea they had come out with another set of Topre keycaps.  I had their 9009 keycaps, and currently have their 2020 ones on my Type Heaven.  I ordered the 2020 ones right at the start of the pandemic, and even though I paid extra for DHL shipping, it still took a couple of months since they couldn't ship anything for ages.  Once the order actually shipped, it was here in no time.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 12:23:15 »
I got the 2048 keycaps today, and they're very nice.  They're not white, like the pictures show, but more of a creamy off-white color.  They'd probably match the ivory Realforces very well.  The box sleeve has a bunch of Mac icons on it, so that's obviously what they were inspired by, so it's interesting that they didn't make them match Apple's old light grey "platinum" color, or use the Univers 47 font.  That and they should have used a Mac printer icon for the print screen key, if you ask me. :)  The icons they do use for the print screen, scroll lock, and pause/break keys are a little weird and don't make any sense to me.  They're certainly easy to read, though, and overall, I have very few complaints about them, especially for the price.  I bought the Icono Kit, too, since it was only an extra $10.