Author Topic: What do I need in order to create my own keycap set  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Nxy

What do I need in order to create my own keycap set
« on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 12:09:42 »
Hey this is my first post :)

I have a really cool idea for a keycap set and I would like more information from you guys on what to do.
I might not be that knowledgeable about this subject so that's why I'm asking for help, would love if you guys can answer my questions.

What do I need?
I know I need 3d model, a design and the actual manufacture.

Can you recommend a good keycaps designer and a 3d model designer?
I live and area which the subject is not that popular and a small country overall so manufacture would not be possible where I live (in a high quality) so what I'm asking is where is a good and experienced place that manufactures keycaps?
and if I'm missing something please educate me on the subject.
thank you so much <3

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: What do I need in order to create my own keycap set
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 18:21:03 »
If you don't know what key cap manufacturers there are or brands i feel your dedication to find information about designing keyboard and what companies you can go to for manufacturing is 0. There are enough IC/GB for custom key-caps with the manufactures name in front of the name of the key set.

Please do some research first before coming here and expecting answers with 0 effort. Also there are no programs dedicated for key-cap designing  people use render software as blender,Cinema4D etc.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020