Author Topic: [GB] XDA Oblique (complete)  (Read 166745 times)

Offline tunadesu

Re: [GB] XDA Oblique (Shipping)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 17:28:50 »
Arrived!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 19:06:06 »
One more thing...

217769-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 April 2019, 19:08:46 by macclack »

Offline Surpex

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 20:09:43 »
We innit lads
DZ60/Conductor keycaps. XDA Oblique eventually!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 20:13:38 »

Order received! LOVE IT

Offline megastyle

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 20:16:41 »
217773-0
😄

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 20:30:43 »
I don't know I feel about the epbt extended 2048. I kind of want oblique in cherry profile, but the 2048 font kind of looks off and not as good as oblique

Offline nguyenhimself

[GB] XDA Oblique (Shipping)
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 22:17:53 »
I don't know I feel about the epbt extended 2048. I kind of want oblique in cherry profile, but the 2048 font kind of looks off and not as good as oblique
There are some huge dealbreakers for me:
- They are using EnjoyPBT beige white, not grey white like this set or the OG.
- Icon-only modifiers do not look good with the AEK’s thin font.
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.
- The Japanese set has the sub-legends below the main ones and not side by side. Just no.
- The novelty set, while kinda fun with that coffee cup one, actually looks pretty boring and not at all retro-Mac-themed. The iPod? The iOS notification? C’mon!
Maybe I’m just too much of an Apple fan, but yeah, no.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 23:20:20 »
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.
- The Japanese set has the sub-legends below the main ones and not side by side. Just no.
- The novelty set, while kinda fun with that coffee cup one, actually looks pretty boring and not at all retro-Mac-themed. The iPod? The iOS notification? C’mon!

All true, but still... it's Cherry profile. XDA is just so much harder to type on

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 03:06:50 »
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.

All true, but still... it's Cherry profile. XDA is just so much harder to type on

I think if I were to run Oblique again it would be in a sculpted profile. Not sure about Cherry specifically, but definitely something a lot nicer to type on than XDA. I can't see it running any time soon with ext 2048 running now though. And it is priced very nicely, so it might be a nice set to tide you over until sculpted Oblique happens. I'm considering picking up a set myself ;D
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline silversung

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 03:22:07 »
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.

I think if I were to run Oblique again it would be in a sculpted profile. Not sure about Cherry specifically, but definitely something a lot nicer to type on than XDA. I can't see it running any time soon with ext 2048 running now though. And it is priced very nicely, so it might be a nice set to tide you over until sculpted Oblique happens. I'm considering picking up a set myself ;D

MT3 Oblique anyone?

Offline Cantello

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 04:02:47 »
[...] I can't see it running any time soon with ext 2048 running now though. And it is priced very nicely, [...]

But it does not have the beautiful color mods like Oblique. Looking very good and competetively priced, though. Plus, Cherry is nicer to type on, more than I thought when I thought at first. :-)

(still waiting for mykeyboard.eu for any kind of update...)

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 04:20:24 »

(still waiting for mykeyboard.eu for any kind of update...)

They're shipping sets at the moment, I think some people have already received theirs. In my experience it can take a few days for their courier to email out tracking numbers though.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 07:16:01 »
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.

TKC's Katakana was close as well.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #413 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 07:29:46 »
[...]

TKC's Katakana was close as well.

True. There's also KBDfans' italic XDA set which is sort of similar; and stock magicforce keycaps are AEK-style now too.

Even though ext 2048 existed in IC form even before Oblique, I like to think I started a trend ;D

Offline E_rik

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 08:46:31 »
Show Image

Got mine!

Where did you get that 16x4 ortholinear keyboard?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline Fate

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:54:44 »
Show Image

Got mine!

Where did you get that 16x4 ortholinear keyboard?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Well, first I bought a Preonic, then I got deathly ill and spent a month in the hospital. During my time there, I realized that life is too short for stupid bull**** and why should I have to deal with a number row - the very definition of "stupid bull****" in any sort of technical work - when I could instead have a numpad, which is not stupid bull****. And would make a totally boss looking extended Planck-style layout.

Nobody made it.

So I made it. Designed the PCB, iterated it through testing myself and testing with other people, and now I have a 4x16 board with underlighting and audio. Runs QMK. I call it Stand Aside.

I'm working on its successor, Hard Light, which features per-key RGB.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #416 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 02:54:32 »
- Dat shift icon. Ouch.

Speak for yourself. I love typing on XDA.  ;D

Offline DigitalKoi

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 05:38:20 »
did you all get your sets? I tired to wait ... I wait 10 mounths for caps for the first board   :mad:
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 April 2019, 05:40:33 by DigitalKoi »

Offline Fate

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 05:58:05 »
Anybody have a spare text Page Up and Page Down plus maybe a gray 1u Enter they'd be willing to sell on to me?

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 13:49:55 »
Anybody have a spare text Page Up and Page Down plus maybe a gray 1u Enter they'd be willing to sell on to me?

yessir. I have a bunch of keys im not gonna use. need anything else?

Offline Fate

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 05:51:38 »

That's about all I can think of - I've sent you a PM to discuss costs and shipping, unless that's an egregious faux pas.

Offline erthan

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 07:42:02 »
Looking for (most importantly) the space bars kit and (less importantly) just the hjkl arrows from the novelties kit if anyone is looking to part with these.
Anyone heard anything about extras?

Offline Diskfix

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 00:04:36 »
Anyone got any hint from mykeyboard.eu?

Offline maroder

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 07:07:29 »

Asked them last week via email. They said they would begin shipping on Tuesday. Haven't heared anything since.
Lets wait and see if something happens next week.

Offline yohannes

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 07:21:21 »
I read that there will be extra sets. Is this still the case?

Offline notbrain

« Reply #425 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 10:52:51 »
Just got my set last week (Dixie) and finally had time to install it yesterday. Was dismayed to see I didn't have enough to cover a full KBD75 layout. My fault for not ordering a (compat?) set (or just everything tbh). Anyone have 1.5u cmd and option they'd be willing to part with?

Also throwing my hat in hoping for extras. Set is dope.

218148-0

« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2019, 11:49:40 by notbrain »

Offline notbrain

« Reply #426 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 11:49:24 »

Any chance you have 1.5u cmd and alt/option?

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #427 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 11:58:31 »
I read that there will be extra sets. Is this still the case?

Yep, although with the number of people who have been asking for them I don't expect them to last long :-X

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 12:30:54 »

Asked them last week via email. They said they would begin shipping on Tuesday. Haven't heared anything since.
Lets wait and see if something happens next week.

I just received an invoice and refund for some reason, presume this means shipping has started though :p

Offline rake_mistry

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 13:07:48 »
Received my order from mechkeys on Friday, currently typing on them at work. Loving the set! Thanks to everyone who designed the caps and organized the GB! :)

Offline erthan

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 07:47:33 »
Received my order from mechkeys on Friday, currently typing on them at work. Loving the set! Thanks to everyone who designed the caps and organized the GB! :)

Mine was scheduled to be delivered on Friday but now has a Canada Post tracking status of "Item redirected to recipient's new address" which sounds like despite messaging MechKeys directly on Facebook; emailing; contacting on discord and responding to the address confirmation email that was sent out before shipping, they still sent it to my old address and it is now en route to be sent to my dad's new address in a different city. I wonder if I'll ever see these caps or a refund should they not arrive. What a nightmare.

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #431 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 08:03:30 »
Been through a week of use at work now and I absolutely love the set. May grab extras if I’m quick enough.

218262-0
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline rake_mistry

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:57:37 »

Mine was scheduled to be delivered on Friday but now has a Canada Post tracking status of "Item redirected to recipient's new address" which sounds like despite messaging MechKeys directly on Facebook; emailing; contacting on discord and responding to the address confirmation email that was sent out before shipping, they still sent it to my old address and it is now en route to be sent to my dad's new address in a different city. I wonder if I'll ever see these caps or a refund should they not arrive. What a nightmare.

Ouch. That is incredibly frustrating. All of my attempts to contact mechkeys also went unanswered, I guess I was lucky to at least receive my set. Let me know if you ever hear from them or there's anything I can do to help get their attention.

I also suspect that we won't be seeing the MOQ refunds from them, which is a shame.

Really unfortunate that their communication was abysmal during this process. Definitely won't be doing business with them again.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 15:47:30 »
This is the best set I have ever seen and used. ❤️

218283-0

218285-1

218287-2

218289-3

218291-4

218293-5

Offline nguyenhimself

[GB] XDA Oblique (Shipping)
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:18:42 »
Jeez.
Don’t do this, you guys. Not cool.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 11:33:30 »
Jeez.
Don’t do this, you guys. Not cool.

Nearly 60% markup :eek:

If anyone missed out on the GB extras will be coming soon, and they'll be priced a lot more reasonably

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:10:34 »
If you have any extra 6.25" spacebars, please consider selling those as a separate kit. My spacebar came marked up and it bugs me, so I will be trying to find another 6.25" spacebar.

Overall really nice set and GB, even with the production delays.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2019, 12:32:41 by iliketimex »

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 14:18:10 »
If you have any extra 6.25" spacebars, please consider selling those as a separate kit. My spacebar came marked up and it bugs me, so I will be trying to find another 6.25" spacebar.

Overall really nice set and GB, even with the production delays.

If your spacebar came like that you should probably get in contact with your local vendor to ask about a replacement. I believe the factory made some spares to cover those kind of issues.

Offline Fate

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 15:58:41 »
There we go. Thanks again, tunadesu!

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:43:20 »
There we go. Thanks again, tunadesu!

Show Image

Nice! Lookin good :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:47:51 »
Received tracking information, hopefully gets picked up soon.. Excited!

Offline zslane

« Reply #441 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 12:04:54 »
218647-0

Offline Cantello

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 13:27:24 »

From mykeykoard.eu? Still waiting for some signal...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 13:31:18 »

From mykeykoard.eu? Still waiting for some signal...

Yep. Was picked up on Friday. I ordered on July 23rd.

Offline Cantello

« Reply #444 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 13:33:07 »
Yep. Was picked up on Friday. I ordered on July 23rd.
So they are probably starting. I bought on July 12th. Will wait for next week until bothering them again...

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 08:06:30 »
I should’ve picked up the ergodox set. Luckily able to fill it out with what I got. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 07:10:59 »
Just got my set, time to find out if I actually like XDA :))

Who do I contact regarding replacements? Presume my local vendor. Some of my spacebars have weird markings on them.

Oh and how do I figure out which caps are scooped? Look the same to me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 07:16:25 by xondat »

Offline anfledd

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 13:28:16 »
I reached out to Dixie on some issues with my primary spacebar, provided some pics and they mailed me a replacement.

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 19:22:25 »
finally got this set on a board!

Offline Idef1x

« Reply #449 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 10:44:32 »
So I am missing my home, end, pgup and pgdown. I ordered from mykeyboardeu - do I need to take it up with them or?

Edit: No I don't. I just didn't look properly at the icons kit. Duuh.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2019, 10:57:16 by Idef1x »
Board: Clueboard 66%, 65g Zealios, /dev/tty caps.