Author Topic: In stock keyboard options  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Shikada

In stock keyboard options
« on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 03:31:33 »
Is there any up to date place that lists keyboards that are in stock?

I want to buy a keyboard without waiting for a group buy. I'm interested in keyboards that are over 65%, but are not standard TKL or full size layout.
So something like 75%, 1800 or any alternative TKL or full size layouts. Any recommendations?

I'm thinking about the YMDK Melody 96 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957159275.html). Any thoughts?

Something like an Austin would be perfect, but as I said I don't want to wait for a group buy this time. Also want to spend less than $300.

Offline DoctorNunu

• Masterworks
Re: In stock keyboard options
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 11:29:34 »
Is there any up to date place that lists keyboards that are in stock?

I want to buy a keyboard without waiting for a group buy. I'm interested in keyboards that are over 65%, but are not standard TKL or full size layout.
So something like 75%, 1800 or any alternative TKL or full size layouts. Any recommendations?

I'm thinking about the YMDK Melody 96 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957159275.html). Any thoughts?

Something like an Austin would be perfect, but as I said I don't want to wait for a group buy this time. Also want to spend less than $300.

Really depends on what you're looking for exactly.
I'm guessing you want a pre-built keyboard?
KBDfans has plenty of kits if you want something decent and cheap, I believe they offer build services if you don't want to build it yourself !

Offline Shikada

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 12:03:39 »
Thanks for your reply!
I'm not looking only for prebuilt, I would be fine with DIY. I don't solder so I only got hotswaps so far, but I'm sure
I would manage to find someone to do it for me.

I looked at KBDFans before, most of their stuff isn't in stock :(
The only keyboard in stock that fits my description is KBD75, but only with mini USB, I would much prefer USB-C.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 18:30:52 »
XD84 with the top mount case is a good budget choice. You can get it from KPRepublic.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Shikada

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 04:10:58 »
Wow, thanks for that! Didn't know about KPrepublic and they have interesting stuff.

Offline typo

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 00:50:04 »
How about a Drop Alt High on Amazon? It is pretty nice. You can get the fully assembled one and have it Today for $250. I would suggest you get the Halo True switches. Also many other keyboards on Amazon you can have today. Priced from $39 to $2,000. BTW, I did not mention this because that is what mine is, okay! Or A Anne 2 is nice if you want Blue tooth. Many to choose. Just head over to amazon. I am not sure if they have same day service in your area but certainly next day. If you have prime. Otherwise it costs about $15 I think. That is not much on a $250+ purchase. Or you can wait until next week for free. Then, there is even more selection. You will be surprised what they have. Or try Drop, KBDfan,Mechanicalkeyboards ETC. If you can deal with full size cheap the corsair K70 MKII SE is actually very nice and Best Buy has it in stock for pickup. If I picked one probably something from KBDfan but you will wait. Plus you will spend close to $400. You have to add switches and pick out key caps there. Plus assembly is $15. Many say the Drop is nicer though. People lie about it's key caps though. they are Tai Hao. there is a old post here that proves they are about 1.7mm not the less than 1mm a lot of people claim. Vortex is also about 1.7mm. There is a red set on Amazon for under $20 at 1.8mm, the thickest I have ever heard of.

Offline Shikada

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 05:31:45 »
Yeah, thanks for that. I check Drop regularly, but I don't want the usual TKL. I also have some stock Halo Trues and actually like them a lot.

Melody 96 is still in the lead for my current needs :)