Author Topic: PM ability for e.g. IC threads  (Read 9844 times)

Offline flopix

• Laur
PM ability for e.g. IC threads
« on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 05:01:20 »
IMHO it would be nice to let OP have the possibility to broadcast a PM to everyone if e.g. the IC is closing and GB is starting. I'm saying this because I'm subscribed to several IC threads and sometimes I forget to check them for a while...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: PM ability for e.g. IC threads
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 05:02:23 »
Hit notify and then it will email you when the thread gets updated. It's two buttons to the right of reply.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 05:15:37 »
Hit notify and then it will email you when the thread gets updated. It's two buttons to the right of reply.

This only works if there is a new reply. When OPs' modify a post there is no notification.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 05:17:33 »
Typically when people post a new GB, aren't there at least a few new replies in the IC? I often see people post in their IC, oh here's the link for the GB. Or doesn't it spit a notification if the thread gets locked?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:56:02 »

This only works if there is a new reply. When OPs' modify a post there is no notification.

There is a notification onsite (profile>notifications)

Typically when people post a new GB, aren't there at least a few new replies in the IC? I often see people post in their IC, oh here's the link for the GB. Or doesn't it spit a notification if the thread gets locked?

yes, there is a notification when threads are locked.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)