Author Topic: [IC] Highrise Stacking Artisan Storage  (Read 1719 times)

Offline RobotCandyCompany

• RCC Instagram
[IC] Highrise Stacking Artisan Storage
« on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 14:24:25 »
Highrise Stacking Artisan Storage

Highrise is a new artisan storage and display solution from Robot Candy Company. Aimed at collectors with collections ranging from the single digits into the mind-boggling hundreds (thousands?), Highrise lets you store your artisans in luxury, encased in a 6x6 aluminum box. But what about your auth cards, stickers, and other artisan-adjacent items? Highrise stores those, too.

Using simple stacking tech, Highrise is a modular system that consists of 4 parts: cover, case, acrylic lid, and tray.

The Case is a 6x6 topre and MX compatible box (just like Icebox) that holds your collection like a pro. An optional, UV filtering acrylic lid can be tossed on top if you want to show off your collection and protect it from harmful light or just don't want to dust your artisans off. The acrylic lid is not "secured" as Highrise isn't designed for rough travel.

The Cover is an aluminum cover meant to go on the top of any stack of cases and/or trays. The cover makes Highrise nearly light-tight and should keep dust, etc out of your collection.

The Tray is a shallow tray that lets you keep auth cards, bongo skulls, stickers, and any other small items that relate to your artisans. Never again will you have to find your auth-card box while trying to dial-in a trade.

The bottom line is that YOU choose what you need for your collection and don't have to buy bundles of stuff you don't want.

I have gone through a few rounds of prototyping and I'm close to launching Highrise to the community. If you're interested, please drop a comment and let me know what COLORS you want to see in round 1! (or fill out the IC form)

I'm aiming to keep the system as affordable as possible. I'd like to launch the Case at $80-90 with supporting components in the $10-30 range. As with all my other products, there will be a proper box for each item (not just slapping bubble wrap around 'em) which does cost me a few extra dollars that I'm not marking up because I believe in a positive customer experience.

While I would love to launch this as an in-stock product, I am currently thinking that I will run a Group Buy for round 1, and then, if demand continues, carry Highrise as an in-stock product in my store.

I ran multiple rounds of the Icebox to great success, and Highrise is the next evolution of artisan cases. I've been using the prototypes for a few months (you may have seen them in my trade photos on MechMarket) and they look and feel really great.

Please fill out the IC form if you'd like to provide any feedback or show interest!

I'm happy to answer any questions about the case and add them to the FAQ below:

FAQ

Is there a tilting stand option?
No. Highrise is meant as a storage-first solution, so I didn't want to add a stand. If there is overwhelming demand for a tilting stand, I will consider adding it as the intention of the system is to be modular, but there are MOQs to meet when getting things manufactured.

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2022, 18:23:53 by RobotCandyCompany »
MX and Topre caps are available at http://robotcandy.company/
Follow us on Instagram for release announcements

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Re: [IC] Highrise Stacking Artisan Storage
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 18:00:47 »
Great work! And great idea adding the tray for storing auth cards and bongo skulls! Maybe a form for collecting color feedback. But I like mint green =)
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline RobotCandyCompany

• RCC Instagram
Re: [IC] Highrise Stacking Artisan Storage
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 March 2022, 18:23:26 »
Great work! And great idea adding the tray for storing auth cards and bongo skulls! Maybe a form for collecting color feedback. But I like mint green =)

Thanks for the kind words. I threw together an IC form and added it to the main post.
MX and Topre caps are available at http://robotcandy.company/
Follow us on Instagram for release announcements