Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 246114 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: GMK white/dark grey and black multilanguage sets
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 00:59:49 »
I like your downsized sets Bazemk!

I agree, a 99$ set would be way more appealing to the masses than the current luxury edition with all the bling bling keys.

But as you said, it's Ivan's call. I am curious what he decides to do ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 01:51:13 »
as far as I care you can have DS GMK vag!na on your ISO enter key,

PLEASE show us your DS GMK Vag!na ISO enter key  8) .  I'll buy it straight away.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 02:37:10 »
Any cut down set would need Alt Gr keys as well, thats a deal breaker for me and a lot of other ISO users I'd imagine.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 06:27:29 »
as far as I care you can have DS GMK vag!na on your ISO enter key,

PLEASE show us your DS GMK Vag!na ISO enter key  8) .  I'll buy it straight away.

I expect to see this in the keycap ideas thread in the next few hours.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 08:33:06 »
Ivan, can you tell me how to change my order? I seem to have overlooked the link at the end...

I'd like to add two more Mod packs (so four all-in-all).

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 10:19:40 »
Any cut down set would need Alt Gr keys as well, thats a deal breaker for me and a lot of other ISO users I'd imagine.

AltGr or just Alt why in hell makes difference, its still the Alt key.............. but here specially for you I made this, I can live without just the Alt key, AltGr is perfectly fine for me and will do the job. As you see dude, you jump in over 1 key and saying oh this is a deal breaker for me, then you have another 15 dudes wanting special keys and sets skyrocket to $170 shipped over a bling keys, and that's where the GB fails...  I can live with Alt Gr and I'm sure people would not mind having that instead of Alt only.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #406 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:03:40 »
Halvar I updated your order quantity. Generally I prefer you to just enter the order again when making a change, I periodically scan through and delete older orders when I post the count updates.

I have decided to leave the ordering open ended, or otherwise consider the buy to be on hold while still accepting orders. I will leave it going until either MOQ is reached, or if GMK decides to change their policy on minimum order amount.
In the meantime, I have put in a new request for some smaller packs along the lines of what we did the first time. I'll post a new thread for that once I have all the relevant details.

Offline biochem

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:05:34 »
I can live with Alt Gr and I'm sure people would not mind having that instead of Alt only.

Not me.  I want two Alt keys.  I also have no problem including an Alt Gr for ISO users.

Filco MJ2 tenkeyless (blues)
Heatware

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:17:46 »
Well ordered in case anything comes of this (which I sincerely hope it does!)

Thanks for all the hard work Ivan :thumb:

GK
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:50:54 »

AltGr or just Alt why in hell makes difference, its still the Alt key.............. but here specially for you I made this, I can live without just the Alt key, AltGr is perfectly fine for me and will do the job. As you see dude, you jump in over 1 key and saying oh this is a deal breaker for me, then you have another 15 dudes wanting special keys and sets skyrocket to $170 shipped over a bling keys, and that's where the GB fails...  I can live with Alt Gr and I'm sure people would not mind having that instead of Alt only.

Exactly my thoughts. I think there is literally no smaller compromise that accepting a normal ALT key instead of a ALT GR key...

What's next? Everybody get's their own Windows logo depending on the version they currently use? As long as people are this stubborn we will never reach MOQ  :rolleyes:

edit:   spelling
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:40:37 by LechnerDE »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:34:33 »
Can someone tell me WTF is the difference from Alt Gr to Alt only, does your Alt Gr have different role beside the Alt function?

Look at this the other guy wants the Alt Gr and all right majority can live with it, but then another dude jumps in it oh no I need Alt also. Then more people jump in and ask for whatever capsl lock for bottom, or Ctrl for top.... Its few crying babies that complain, momma momma where is my lolly pop  :'( that brings a 100 dollar set to 155.....

Have all the bling keys then cry babies, and the only thing you will have in ur possession at best would be printout A4 template of the enriched bling GMK keys. The stupidity, stubbornness all accompanied with GH's OCD is just way to strong on this forum.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:43:26 »
Can someone tell me WTF is the difference from Alt Gr to Alt only, does your Alt Gr have different role beside the Alt function?
Hey, you seem to be a real keyboard expert ...  Yes, on ISO layouts, AltGr is a different key from Alt and does different things. They are not interchangeable at all. AltGr opens a new level of characters much like Shift does (e.g. to get @, I have to press AltGr+Q, and it doesn't work with Alt+Q ), while Alt has the same function as on ANSI boards, which in most cases is not to create a different character but to execute a command, like Alt+F4. There is no righthand Alt on ISO layouts.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:53:42 by Halvar »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:50:47 »
Hey, you seem to be a real keyboard expert ...  Yes, on ISO layouts, AltGr is a different key from Alt and does different things. AltGr opens a new level of characters much like Shift does, while Alt has the same function as on ANSI boards. Alt+[key] in most cases doesn't create a character but executes a command, like Alt+F4.

and a true keyboard expert such as you does not know that the alt on right side of ur ISO board don't play that role if the keycap only says Alt.... keep on asking for more bling, look at the orders count, this GB is already dead men, and even if it reaches 400 moq in 5-6 months you think every body will commit? 20-30% of them will leave cause they spend the money elsewhere.

Oh for the love of god the Alt Gr must be there, I'm fine with it, I'll use it on my ANSI, but then it comes the rest of the few crybabies who want everything else back. This GB is dead because people like you, yes few of you but it screw everybody else.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #413 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 12:58:12 »
Keep it down guys.

I think you two were just misunderstanding each other. Halvar just explained what the Alt Gr does and you just wanted to emphasize that the function of the keys stays the same no matter what the legend says.

Let's leave it at that and look forward to Ivan's next GMK GB with smaller sets  :-*

Offline Halvar

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:38:08 »
I agree, let's see what Ivan asked GMK for and what he will come up with.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 14:03:32 »
damn I want the grey alphas :/

Offline agor

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 09:23:40 »
so sad to see this go :(
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 12:57:27 »
It's not gone... it's just not going to move quickly. Working on making a deal with GMK (not at liberty to discuss the details) but if it happens will have to push production back to sometime in Q1 next year.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:00:54 »
Thanks for all your effort in setting up the GMK groupbuys!
If a deal is made whereby production will 100% happen I'm happy to pay up now and wait it out...

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:07:27 »
Just call my na-ay-ayme
And I'll be there!

LOL.

Worth It!

GMK keys may be valuable in trades, but these rare keys: They can be ULTRA valuable in trades. Not always, of course, but they can be. Think ahead, doubters: think ahead. :-*

P.S. In my original post I used "UBER" instead of ULTRA. I changed that now because I just spent a couple moments thinking about how awesome the word "ULTRA" sounds. AWESOME.

"ULTRA," it is then.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2013, 13:12:45 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #420 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 20:04:31 »
It's not gone... it's just not going to move quickly. Working on making a deal with GMK (not at liberty to discuss the details) but if it happens will have to push production back to sometime in Q1 next year.

Good to hear Ivan  :thumb: .

I love all the gloomy talk like someone has already died and pushing them out to the burial site as soon as possible, what gives?  I have a feeling this will go like the Purple mods that he gallantly fought for months on end.  In the end he won and we all got some genuinely decent GMK key-set mods.

So above all else just have a little faith in our Ivan because he always comes in with the goods despite huge obstacles and negativity, which Geekhack can bring about so heavily at times.  Anyone organizing any type of Group Buy here involving GMK, deserves our ultimate respect.

Yes, returning to my usual butt-kissing ways  :-* .

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 10:15:07 »
In the end, we're not winning. We may get this set made, but what good does it do? We're not really proving to GMK that we're a customer that means business, just that we want things. Maybe they'll find time to drop us into the queue once a year or so, huh?

Offline TDub

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 10:21:52 »
Doubled my order. I really hope this happens. The purple mods looked like they were not going to happen for a while and it worked out. Either way, thank you Ivan for all the work you are putting into these GBs and the negotiations with GMK!

Offline Halvar

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 10:54:54 »
In the end, we're not winning. We may get this set made, but what good does it do? We're not really proving to GMK that we're a customer that means business, just that we want things. Maybe they'll find time to drop us into the queue once a year or so, huh?
You can't know their calculation at all. I don't buy their current "we have so much to do we hardly have any time for you" story at all. If they had any real higher volume customers for Cherry tooling doubleshots, we would be seeing keyboards in the first or second hand market here in Europe to prove it. Haven't seen anything except Skidata.

I just hope GMK will eventually learn what kind of business they will be able to make or not make out of the Cherry tooling. Cherry had a reason for not doing doubleshots any more, so high volume is probably not the way to go given the Asian competitors, and as long as they're saying "you need a MOQ of a few hundred on every single keycap" they are not going anywhere in these communities, even though the volume on the whole GB may well be worth it. Everbody loves the quality of Cherry/GMK DS caps here, it could be a steady but relatively low volume business for them like it is for SP. Every GB helps in getting them to start understanding and thinking about how they can make this worthwhile.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 17:44:43 »
but its not like you can convince people to join the GB just for the sake of proving GMK that we are good customers. Prices on the sets are on the hefty side, many extra keys but also price will go up cause of it, and that's why we don't see order numbers going up.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #425 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 18:41:00 »
It's not about them being too busy for us or anything like that. In fact they are willing to fast track us on the smaller kits I am working up so... The reason I'm putting this on the backburner until Q1 is for totally other reasons.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #426 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:36:20 »
The reason I'm putting this on the backburner until Q1 is for totally other reasons.

No worries, because it's not like there are no other Group Buys to get involved in...   right?

Just take your time Ivan because you do know, we will always be here (scary isn't it)  :thumb: .

Offline jabar

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 04:48:59 »
I would be willing to throw down for a full 122 key set but there aren't F13 - F24 key options. Everything else is covered.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 04:55:14 »
The reason I'm putting this on the backburner until Q1 is for totally other reasons.

No worries, because it's not like there are no other Group Buys to get involved in...   right?

Just take your time Ivan because you do know, we will always be here (scary isn't it)  :thumb: .

Exactly right. I'd love to see some stats on user signups and usage for GH the last 6 months or so, something tells me this time next year meeting MOQ's might not be so rough.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 08:59:37 »
I would be willing to throw down for a full 122 key set but there aren't F13 - F24 key options. Everything else is covered.

There is 2 sets of F1-12 keys, it may not be perfect but you would have complete coverage.

Offline tlt

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 10:18:56 »
Who are they making caps for? There is next to nothing on the market right? They should make small volume stuff to get up the interest and than that might get a keyboard manufacturer to make a big order like Filco caps made by SP

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 10:24:55 »
Who are they making caps for? There is next to nothing on the market right? They should make small volume stuff to get up the interest and than that might get a keyboard manufacturer to make a big order like Filco caps made by SP

I've personally talked with a major Steelseries rep telling him what real keyboard enthusiasts want in a keyboard (Aluminum, doubleshots or PBT, standard key sizes, etc). He wanted to buy my KBT Pure I was carrying with me at the time, but ended up doing nothing to further good mainstream keyboards as far as I can tell in the last year and a half. The first major player to put some decent quality keycaps on their keyboards will take a giant leap in the industry. Almost like when they put the T&L unit onto a graphics processor creating the GPU (nvidia).
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #432 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 11:04:32 »
WEY is the only 'commercial' keyboard manufacturer I know of that use GMK for keycap. But they are a specialist keyboard. I expect most of other customers are as well in such specialist markets, and they do custom keyboard complete in house also which I think accounts for much of their business.
It would be great to see these keycaps make a comeback in mainstream mechanical keyboard. Most probably wouldn't risk it past some 'limited edition' product at which point the scale isn't large enough to negate the additional cost for most buyer just like what happened here.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 11:12:29 »
It's crazy that the OEMs don't even try doing a limited edition run of GMK caps, I'd happily pay $250+ for a board with them.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 12:43:56 »
How much does it cost to pad print from GMK? Is it cheaper than doubleshooting?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 13:00:50 »
It's about the same cost for single color pad print with clear coat. Multicolor pad print is more expensive.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 13:05:48 »
How much more expensive for multicolor? Maybe we should try something new? A ninja set with RGB or CMY legends or something like this?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #437 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 13:15:22 »
I don't have the exact cost handy but it was considerable enough, I think maybe 20% more expensive per additional color. I mean like multicolor on the same key like for example if you wanted to have Russian legend in color1 and Hebrew in color2 or some kind of novelty/logo design. I think the cost would be way too high for full sets. People complain much about the prices as it is.

Offline piraterice

« Reply #438 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 00:12:23 »
is this gb still can fill the order?

Offline daetsid

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 01:40:37 »
I am still wondering how Originative can have a retail price between $90 and $100 and this GB to get a full set the price would be 180+

his MOQ is the same as this GB, 400.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #440 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 02:18:30 »
I am still wondering how Originative can have a retail price between $90 and $100 and this GB to get a full set the price would be 180+

his MOQ is the same as this GB, 400.

Because Ivan offers a ****ton of extra keys.

If he reduced the GB to a simple TKL set he could beat that price easily, but that is not his intend. He is keen on these these extra keys  :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #441 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:05:30 »
Orders are open, but there is no definitive time frame and no guarantee it will be fulfilled at this time.
Exactly, there is a lot more keys and this buy will accommodate much more keyboard physical layout than simple 83/87 tenkeyless 101/104 fullsize standard. This can take care of majority of keyboard from 60% to 122 key offering many things that are usually not for certain keyboard models to be complete (asides from odd spacebar sizes that are not available).

Offline Halvar

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:08:33 »
It seems that some of the ANSI Filco guys here would like to have someone do the kind of GMK GB that they want, namely one that offers the same stuff that Sherry does, but lets them save a few bucks on that.

To me, there is no point in that. If I was an ANSI user and lived in the US, I'd rather have someone like Sherry offering one GMK keyset after the other in a regular shop with a regular stock and handling and delivery time and return policy etc. . Group buys make sense for stuff that you can't easily buy in a shop.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #443 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:19:28 »
This is exactly my view. It seems a lot of people just don't get it what I am trying to do still. Too many people don't seem to realize that not everyone owns the same keyboard physical layout. Perhaps in the future I can package keys in some other ways. It's very tricky to try and offer a lot without having some riders to make sure those make the MOQ requirement and not have the price high.

'Essential' set is not $180 either, but $148. Sure it's still higher than originative basic set but it's not totally insane. There are quite a few people that pay such price for ONE key.  :rolleyes:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #444 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:24:39 »
Oh, people realize. They just don't care. They only care to get the cheapest thing for themselves.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #445 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 07:43:53 »
Well for me to get a swedish TKL layout with mods would be like 200 euros which is out of my price range really
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 14:00:27 »
Ivan any chance in ordering extra windowed function keys? I'd put in my order but I've been holding myself back from putting in multiple NAV orders. But then again, I bet you'd like that :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 18:04:56 »
Probably not add anything. These sets are already pretty hefty.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 06 November 2013, 21:13:00 »
Ordered an Alpha set! I really hope we can hit the MOQ  :-X
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #449 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 02:34:09 »
Ordered the MODs. I'm guessing they're black as mentioned, even though they look dark grey on the preview.