Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 246101 times)

Offline ebacho

Just wait after toxic when bunny starts doing GMK

in a week he'll hit moq

Somehow, I doubt it.  Just look at the CMYW buy; once the Koreans pulled out we're around what we have right now, 200 or so orders.  Would gladly be proven wrong though.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Bunny is a commercial vendor. He'll make it happen just by buying the missing sets himself and selling them later. But this also means we won't get the sets for the awesome prices Ivan offers.

I assume Bunny will do another promotion thing with Bro or bundle the GMK GB with the upcoming wrist rests to encourage people to order.

Offline kekstee

Damn. Doubled for good measure, still hope this can happen :|
Good colour, good quality, ISO support <3

/e also, what drove Koreans away? They must have been a good part of purple and cmyb 400 moq...
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 March 2014, 17:50:51 by kekstee »

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on (Order deadline 15 Mar.)
« Reply #1003 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 19:11:24 »
The cmyw doesn't have the win and fn/menu keys
Most people have keys in between the dolch mods
And I wonder if everyone will flock over here if the dolch gb falls through
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline yicaoyimu

Just wait after toxic when bunny starts doing GMK

in a week he'll hit moq

^ This.

Even if I don't agree with most of what Pacifist said, I agree on this one. Bunny is our only hope for full set GMK!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Yeah I say let this set die, it's not going to make it.

No more Dolch for goodness sake, make something interesting! There are so many different mod colours we could choose that would look awesome. Red alert, raindrop and some sort of orange or green mods would all look great.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Why do small people interest classic or mono tone :'( ?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Single color sets tend to be less popular in general. And for this particular set, it resemblance with Dolch makes people wonder why it should be single color while Dolch has darker mods.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Single color sets tend to be less popular in general. And for this particular set, it resemblance with Dolch makes people wonder why it should be single color while Dolch has darker mods.

This set is the same color as the dolch mods and the reason Ivan chose this was in the previous Interest Check for GMK this color was the popular vote.

Offline kekstee

tl;dr: people have no clue what's good for them. I don't want ridiculous novelty ANSI GMK, but a decent base set for different keyboard needs and colour combinations D:

Offline ninjadoc

Come on folks. You can mix multiple sets with this color. I don't think any of us can buy 60 sets to get to MOQ so lets get this done!

Offline Motan22

I don't think the major problem in meeting MOQ is the colour path in particular. To me personally, the neutrality of the set is a bonus.

I think we are just hitting the upper limits of people who generally buy into any full set, key cap group buy on geekhack. Wider exposure may be what the set needs to break over the top.

How many other full key cap sets actually tend to hit over 200+ here in general?

Offline cphead

Maybe it's the lack of options? There's too much included in the set that people might not need, which makes the price high.

People are less willing to pay 120 for a full set when they have a TKL board, 60% board etc. Plus not everyone needs the ISO kit and winkeyless mods (although I appreciate winkeyless being included :p). People see colorful SP sets for 80 dollars a set and wonder why this costs so much. They don't know the sweet feel of GMK  :'(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
This buy originally did have a lot of options. Things were all split up so one didn't have to get as much extra things, only what would be needed... and it cost more that way. Many people also seemed to be confused over that decision and of what they needed to order for X keyboard. So then I axed many of the less popular choices and rolled the rest into one solid set to make it simpler and less expensive.
Certainly there will be some keys that may not be used... but those also offer a lot of flexibility in case one would like to use the set on some other keyboard in the future. It also really doesn't add that much to the cost and ensures that some keys will reach the MOQ along with the others. Additionally it could make resale in the future more attractive to buyers due to the flexibility of the set.

I agree the biggest challenge to GMK buys is getting support beyond geekhack and deskthority. For whatever reason it seems many of the Koreans have gone back to thier separatist attitude and refuse to participate in international groupbuys and refuse to allow us to participate in theirs. Consequently we all fail due to limited numbers of people that are interested in such things per region.

Offline TDub

It's really a shame that these GB fall shy of the MOQ. The amount of time Ivan puts in organizing and negotiating with GMK is freaking amazing and deserves better :( I especially liked the blue on black. Maybe a full set of those or a at least a full mod set might work?

Offline Motan22

Might help to update the main thread title to indicate that the buy is still open beyond the 15th of March to newcomers who may necessarily brush over otherwise.

Offline Cafiend

I would have gotten in on this if I didn't participate in the sherryton Dolch set.

Offline avtar

The old Dolch set or the current group buy? Because it looks like the latter isn't going to go anywhere.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Re: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on
« Reply #1018 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:30:15 »
Is sherry doing a dolch buy right now? If so where? Just curious?

Also is this about what it costs do get a full set from gmk? (120)? Wish it could be a bit less.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #1019 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:36:23 »

Also is this about what it costs do get a full set from gmk? (120)? Wish it could be a bit less.

$120 is a great price for all the addons you get.  Everyone complaining about price and comparing it to SP prices needs to consider both the quality and the quantity of keys.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1020 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:37:14 »

Sherry has been disappearing for a long time now. There is another Dolch groupbuy going on not by Sherry though.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1021 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:41:16 »
Thanks guys. The add on keys are cool for resale value. I only need tkl but I understand you can't make every one happy.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #1022 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 23:58:04 »
Thanks guys. The add on keys are cool for resale value. I only need tkl but I understand you can't make every one happy.

Think of it this way; it's insurance for any other boards you might get.  When I first bought custom keys, I thought I'd never deviate from the standard 1.25/6.25 bottom row.  Fastforward a couple years and all my boards are 1.5x/7x.  Same goes 1.75x shifts; I initially thought they were useless, but now I have equal the amount of boards with 1.75x shifts compared to a normal 2.75x shift.

Offline justnits

« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 01:03:02 »

Think of it this way; it's insurance for any other boards you might get.  When I first bought custom keys, I thought I'd never deviate from the standard 1.25/6.25 bottom row.  Fastforward a couple years and all my boards are 1.5x/7x.  Same goes 1.75x shifts; I initially thought they were useless, but now I have equal the amount of boards with 1.75x shifts compared to a normal 2.75x shift.
^true story.
i've always been using 1.25/6.25 bottom row, never wanted to walk the path of tsangan as it's costlier.
but now, for some odd reason i wanted to do tsangan layout for my next tkl custom >.< and kinda regret i didn't get tsangan kits for my previous keycaps sets.
heed the warning...if u choose to stick with 87 winkey layout, u might regret in future when u want to go into 86/84 layout without having bought tsangan kits in your previous gb(s).
but u will regret also for going into 86/84 layout because u'll be dishing out more money for that extra kit.  :)) such is the life of gh'ers...  :'(
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 01:08:32 »
Only thing stopping me from going with a winkeyless is money. Would be nice to have though as it seems like sourcing ds's would be much easier.

Offline justnits

« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 01:24:42 »
Only thing stopping me from going with a winkeyless is money. Would be nice to have though as it seems like sourcing ds's would be much easier.
^you and i both.
you'll find your own ways one day  ;D
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 11:52:04 »
That's exactly right. This set have a lot of other keys for a very broad compatibility from 60% to 11X key for ANSI, ISO and JIS... and it will fit on most board too even ones with 'funny' bottom rows like original Choc, CM TK, Corsair, etc. will cover all but odd sized spacebars. You never know when you will come across a bargain on some other keyboard that needs a set or filler keys, or when preferences can change if a new board is released or something.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 12:17:05 »
After everyone know this, i hope order 'll increase  :cool: & even hit MOQ :))

Offline justnits

« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 12:21:18 »
After everyone know this, i hope order 'll increase  :cool: & even hit MOQ :))
i want but my wallet doesn't allow me :(
| | | |

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 12:54:14 »
I'm getting tempted to just go with these. We still seem a ways off of the minimum though. What is the turnaround time on average for gmk once we pay them?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 13:01:46 »
GMK production is usually pretty quick. Typically just a few weeks.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 13:47:32 »
GMK production is usually pretty quick. Typically just a few weeks.
Thats not bad at all.

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 17:21:59 »
read a comment or two about this group buy looking like black on white, want to clear it up with the pictures or put more obvious text thats its grey in the OP?

Offline cphead

« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 25 March 2014, 17:43:27 »
read a comment or two about this group buy looking like black on white, want to clear it up with the pictures or put more obvious text thats its grey in the OP?

It says dark gray in the op and title.. And if you've ever seen WoB doubleshots you know these aren't it.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 01:42:11 »
another quick pic showing the grey colour, IMHO a perfect alpha colour...

58796-0

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #1035 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 02:02:42 »

(Attachment Link)
Yeah Mod Dolch is dark grey. It is different with Black :)

Offline ebacho

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 02:19:59 »

It says dark gray in the op and title.. And if you've ever seen WoB doubleshots you know these aren't it.

The problem is most people are cherry doubleshot illiterate, not so much a problem with the thread title I'd think.

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 06:53:56 »
ALRIGHT FINE I ORDERED ARE YOU HAPPY GET OFF MY BACK!!!

*Translation*  I couldn't resist any longer.  Ordered the base set.  I hope we make it!

Offline Motan22

« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 08:10:54 »
That's the spirit!  :))

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 10:08:23 »
Just a curious question, why is the scroll lock not windowed in the mockup?

Offline avtar

« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 15:18:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Damn that's such a nice grey...

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 18:46:08 »
It  is a very nice grey, and thanks for that great photo gojira54! This should go in the OP.

Does anyone know if Skidata keys are the same grey as this GB?

Offline cphead

« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 20:45:01 »
It  is a very nice grey, and thanks for that great photo gojira54! This should go in the OP.

Does anyone know if Skidata keys are the same grey as this GB?

I would imagine so.

Offline avtar

« Reply #1043 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:06:31 »
I posted info regarding this groupbuy on /r/mechmarket http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/21h9c2/gb_gmk_whitedark_grey_usgb_full_set_gamer_addon/

Feel free to upvote it ;)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:16:43 »
I posted info regarding this groupbuy on /r/mechmarket http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/21h9c2/gb_gmk_whitedark_grey_usgb_full_set_gamer_addon/

Nice!  :thumb:  Upvoted and added a comment.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 01:20:28 »
do we have any significant increment on the base set orders?
looks like I'd failed to get the dolch order and I don't wish to fail this as well :(
I must get a complete gmk set to complete my keyboard wish

Offline Motan22

« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 02:51:16 »

Commented and upvoted!  :thumb:

Would probably get a lot more exposure in /r/MechanicalKeyboards though.

Offline redeye

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 05:21:24 »
Ordered, Thanks

Offline avtar

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:04:59 »
I honestly don't understand why people will pay $105 plus shipping for a dolch base set to a vendor who is absent, uncommunicative and has many outstanding unfulfilled orders but they won't support a community effort.

Why not buy the set Ivan is offering here?

He has great communication, flawless shipping and the price is right for a much larger variety of keys.

We can always do alpha group buys later to make this set Dolch or any other crazy combination people want.