Author Topic: Flat scissor keyboard with F keys alligned.  (Read 1685 times)

Offline iraqiboy90

Flat scissor keyboard with F keys alligned.
« on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 08:11:25 »
Hello

I've been searching on google for weeks, so either I'm bad at searching or there isnt a product that is similar to what I want.
I am a laptop user for over 15 years and have been accustomed to the scissor keys; how they respond, the travel distance, and the silence profile of the keys. For the past 7 years I've been using the same laptop for everything.
The Asus G750JH. It has this keyboard:

- QWERTY keyboard
- The F keys are aligned with the number keys. Most important part for me is the first four F keys to be as aligned as possible to the number keys. They also must not have extra space between them and the number keys.
- The square-ish, flat, and short distance between the keys.
- The "height" of the keys in regards to where I rest my wrists.
- Must be a full keyboard. Meaning with numpad.
- Must have the arrow keys and the Home/End/Del/INS/etc keys separate from the querty part. i.e. Not below/right of the right-ctrl/enter key.
- Preferably with backlight.
- Preferably with scissor keys, else, if there is a mechanical keyboard that has very short key travel distance and height, is relatively quite, and have what's mentioned above.
- Must-ish minimum UK layout keyboard (see third link below) or a nordic layout. Also preferably a big enter key and the extra key between the left shift and the Z key, which seems to be associated with UK/Nordic layout.
- Must have the ability to respond to multiple keys at the same time. Minimum four.

Example of keyboard that I found that are close to what I want but missing features or has features that I do not want.
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/SR-Keyboard-portable-Multimedia-Computer/dp/B074NWYJTV/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=super+slim+with+scissor+keys%2C+flat&qid=1621599764&s=computers&sr=1-8 but missing numpad. The arrow keys are not separate.
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/PERIBOARD-429-Backlit-Keyboard-Scissor-Backlight/dp/B08KJGM7B9/ref=psdc_430565031_t5_B074NWYJTV Has a backlight but has the arrow keys not separate and also missing the keypad
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIBOARD-324-Backlit-Keyboard-Scissor/dp/B07RZSJ22C/ref=pd_di_sccai_2/257-6650003-8630143?pd_rd_w=82u5F&pf_rd_p=2529c273-c9d4-4495-807e-68ed4dfade5e&pf_rd_r=YSC8D15YNSVKP8X1BR3E&pd_rd_r=50d90909-12a0-491a-b680-e4b786d39c2f&pd_rd_wg=gq4sT&pd_rd_i=B07RZSJ22C&psc=1 Perfect in everything including having a big enter key and the extra key between the left shift and the Z key, but doesn't have the F keys aligned.

Can anyone suggest me a keyboard with what's mentioned above? Basically a keyboard that is close as possible to how the G750 laptop keyboard is

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Flat scissor keyboard with F keys alligned.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 09:55:51 »
A custom choc board perhaps?
Something like an iso compact 98%?

Offline TK0

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 10:04:43 »
I'm not into flat scissor keyboards, but I know Logitech has a ton of options, maybe look them up. Their top line (MX Keys and Craft) has the F keys slightly misaligned with the numbers, don't know if this is still a deal breaker for you. Maybe the K780/360 layout fits you. Also, if you don't mind an Ergo layout, look at their ergo option (K860). As they are a big multinational they may have UK/nordic layouts available.

I don't know if you will find many flat scissor enthusiast around here, but good luck!

Edit: just did a quick search, maybe the MK235?
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 May 2021, 13:01:57 by TK0 »

Offline iraqiboy90

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 14:37:39 »
I finally found one that's almost perfect.

https://www.deltaco.eu/en/products/deltaco/computer-accessories/keyboards/wired/full-size/TB-801

It has everything including a nice key response and spacing, except backlight.
It has also a weird wiring I guess; I can do multi press with over 5 keys, but cannot do a bigger combination than 2 with a 2x2 grid, i.e. Cannot click more than Q W, or A S which is a bit bad for gaming.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 November 2021, 08:33:25 by iraqiboy90 »