Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 281110 times)

Offline kolyz

Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:43:46 »
kailh hotswap pcb would be great if possible

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:21:54 »
With all those mounting methods, this a no brainer. Must-buy.
Only thing that I think should be worked out is bottom row.
One question: the spacing between keys is normal spacing? Must just be my eyes, but the pics make it seems slightly different.
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's just the angle and the super dark keycaps. I'd love to see some rendors or a prototype in some lighter caps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Normal spacing. The "artsy"-ness of the photos might be giving you that illusion. We try to never show renders because I believe that it can be misleading on what the final product will be like, whereas prototypes tend to be much closer - but this limits the options of "showing off" the board. I do have some more pictures on my personal instagram, and I should post more actually (thanks for reminding) - username is aeryxz. My prototype is rose gold and I have jamon on it, previously I had SA olivia.

This looks incredible, would love to see cyan as an accent option, would look so good with the upcoming Atlantis keyset.

Thanks for the suggestion, teal/cyan is something I'd also like to provide.

this is going to be like the gskt 00. Complete success. I really want one (REALLY I WANT ONE), but it's so limited i am not going to get one probably, and after the sale people will flip them for 3 times the price.
The limited runs it's the only thing that i hate about the community.

Beautiful board, looks super nice :)

Looking at our previous boards, not many have been flipped/shown on the aftermarket - meaning that people who have bought our boards have enjoyed them enough to keep in their collection. This to me is the value perception of what we do - not the after market price. If things run successfully, I will definitely be interested in manufacturing and selling more boards, with more options. We have even more ideas but have to be realistic on what we can achieve and in what timeframes, but we are only 3 people with small amount of capital, living in an expensive country. We also have other projects in the works, mostly collabs, and will reveal more "news" on that when we are ready.

this is going to be like the gskt 00. Complete success. I really want one (REALLY I WANT ONE), but it's so limited i am not going to get one probably, and after the sale people will flip them for 3 times the price.

Nah. the Gskt 00 is a budget keyboard.  This won't be as crazy since the price point--deservedly--is going to be much higher.

I mean to be fair $450-$550 isn't that much higher than the gskt-00 (which came out to about $350 with bells and whistles)

I mean, it's $150 more than the GSKT even after maxing out the GSKT.

Is it a bit unfair to compare prices at this point - I wanted to give a ball park figure so people could have an idea. We have still yet to finalise the packaging options, and extras - so that pricepoint is purely for a base kit, which should provide everything for a fantastic baseline experience. Any extras is a nice to have and entirely up to you :) There's a bit more bits and pieces going on with this board, for example our custom rubber feet, which I'd paid a mould for out of pocket, which gets subsidised over more boards being sold - so there's a bit of accounting and logistics involved to offer these options to you. I don't actually mind the GB running process and delivery, but it does take a lot of time, risk assessment and trust that things work out between ourselves, factories and end user. That is why I want to do an instock model for the public, the burden of risk is on us and our belief that we can deliver a product to you. This means that vs. gb pricing, the instock model has a bit of a 'premium' since it is tying up money that could have been used else where. I do think we can hit around the 500$ ball park, for comparison that was the price for the EXT65 which was also instock, and gave gasket kits with several materials and enabled us to create relationships between our factories and getting feedback from our users. I would love to share way more about the process as well, maybe sometime over a podcast or something.

Can you explain/provide pics on how you can "choose" to only use one mounting solution per side on a single plate?

Like, if you use an O-ring, won't the top mount and gasket tabs be free to rub against the case?

The internals of the case have been designed so that it is possible for one, single type of mounting to be engaged without conflicting with the other types. When the plate is top mounted, it does not come into contact with the bottom piece of the case. There is enough clearance so the stand offs for the o ring and the space for the sandwich mounting tabs don’t touch the plate (provided the o ring and gaskets are taken out).

Note: this is a cross section of our model, we have not cut the prototype :)

Red is the o-ring
Blue is the PCB
Yellow parts are brass

Hopefully it shows when the o-ring is in place, the tabs on the plate don’t touch the bottom half

and finally....
People have asked about the brass weight - I haven't taken it out but with my DYI options of measuring weight (my digital scale broke, I may be getting fat), I've hacked together a simple measurement of the board with caps and switches.

*drumroll*

Setting the tare weight (400g)

Total: 2.4kg + 0.4kg = 2.8kg

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope all that is helpful in your decision to support us!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 06:22:26 »
With all those mounting methods, this a no brainer. Must-buy.
Only thing that I think should be worked out is bottom row.
One question: the spacing between keys is normal spacing? Must just be my eyes, but the pics make it seems slightly different.
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's just the angle and the super dark keycaps. I'd love to see some rendors or a prototype in some lighter caps.

Normal spacing. The "artsy"-ness of the photos might be giving you that illusion. We try to never show renders because I believe that it can be misleading on what the final product will be like, whereas prototypes tend to be much closer - but this limits the options of "showing off" the board. I do have some more pictures on my personal instagram, and I should post more actually (thanks for reminding) - username is aeryxz. My prototype is rose gold and I have jamon on it, previously I had SA olivia.

This looks incredible, would love to see cyan as an accent option, would look so good with the upcoming Atlantis keyset.

Thanks for the suggestion, teal/cyan is something I'd also like to provide.

Looking at our previous boards, not many have been flipped/shown on the aftermarket - meaning that people who have bought our boards have enjoyed them enough to keep in their collection. This to me is the value perception of what we do - not the after market price. If things run successfully, I will definitely be interested in manufacturing and selling more boards, with more options. We have even more ideas but have to be realistic on what we can achieve and in what timeframes, but we are only 3 people with small amount of capital, living in an expensive country. We also have other projects in the works, mostly collabs, and will reveal more "news" on that when we are ready.

Nah. the Gskt 00 is a budget keyboard.  This won't be as crazy since the price point--deservedly--is going to be much higher.

I mean to be fair $450-$550 isn't that much higher than the gskt-00 (which came out to about $350 with bells and whistles)

I mean, it's $150 more than the GSKT even after maxing out the GSKT.

Is it a bit unfair to compare prices at this point - I wanted to give a ball park figure so people could have an idea. We have still yet to finalise the packaging options, and extras - so that pricepoint is purely for a base kit, which should provide everything for a fantastic baseline experience. Any extras is a nice to have and entirely up to you :) There's a bit more bits and pieces going on with this board, for example our custom rubber feet, which I'd paid a mould for out of pocket, which gets subsidised over more boards being sold - so there's a bit of accounting and logistics involved to offer these options to you. I don't actually mind the GB running process and delivery, but it does take a lot of time, risk assessment and trust that things work out between ourselves, factories and end user. That is why I want to do an instock model for the public, the burden of risk is on us and our belief that we can deliver a product to you. This means that vs. gb pricing, the instock model has a bit of a 'premium' since it is tying up money that could have been used else where. I do think we can hit around the 500$ ball park, for comparison that was the price for the EXT65 which was also instock, and gave gasket kits with several materials and enabled us to create relationships between our factories and getting feedback from our users. I would love to share way more about the process as well, maybe sometime over a podcast or something.

Can you explain/provide pics on how you can "choose" to only use one mounting solution per side on a single plate?

Like, if you use an O-ring, won't the top mount and gasket tabs be free to rub against the case?

The internals of the case have been designed so that it is possible for one, single type of mounting to be engaged without conflicting with the other types. When the plate is top mounted, it does not come into contact with the bottom piece of the case. There is enough clearance so the stand offs for the o ring and the space for the sandwich mounting tabs don’t touch the plate (provided the o ring and gaskets are taken out).

Show Image

Note: this is a cross section of our model, we have not cut the prototype :)

Red is the o-ring
Blue is the PCB
Yellow parts are brass

Hopefully it shows when the o-ring is in place, the tabs on the plate don’t touch the bottom half

and finally....
People have asked about the brass weight - I haven't taken it out but with my DYI options of measuring weight (my digital scale broke, I may be getting fat), I've hacked together a simple measurement of the board with caps and switches.

*drumroll*

Show Image

Setting the tare weight (400g)

Show Image

Total: 2.4kg + 0.4kg = 2.8kg

Show Image

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope all that is helpful in your decision to support us!
All great information. Especially that diagram. And thanks for the Instagram reminder. Turns out I was already following you, I just hadn't seen that post yet.

And totally understand on price. I'm disappointed I hadn't found you guys earlier as your previous boards look great and ive been reading up on the reviews. Very solid. Hopefully I can get in on this group buy purely for the opportunity to get it sooner and gaining access to new products in the ecosystem as soon as they're released.

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 January 2020, 07:07:14 by Zeelobby »

Offline brln

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 06:52:17 »
intrigued

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 09:44:11 »
Great looking board!

Offline bajapatty

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:08:27 »
this is gonna be hype

Offline butterflysgone

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 07:38:11 »
ooo, yes please

Offline Azirez

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 08:15:21 »
My wallet is ready  :llama:

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 09:38:00 »
Yup. Wallet is hovering next to me begging to be opened.

Offline djmantis

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:41:10 »
Will this be "in-stock" for the first public sale? Or will this always be "in-stock" on your website (ala a CannonKeys kinda situation with manufacturing rounds)?

Just wondering if I miss out on this round, could I be on the wait list for the next?

Offline ywcsam

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 18:34:21 »
Definitely looking to get one. Love the concept of multiple mounting methods, it's like 3 keyboards in 1!
My only concern is availability...judging from recent buys (cough cough GSKT), looks like 100 units for public will sell out in seconds. I understand larger quantity will bring other issues like lead time and QC, but sounds like your concern is lack of initial capital for more units. Perhaps you can open a short GB window, maybe an hour, so people who really want the keyboard and committed to buy will get a unit secured? I have seen this in Chinese GB and seems to work pretty well so I am just suggesting.  :)

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 00:13:59 »
Will this be "in-stock" for the first public sale? Or will this always be "in-stock" on your website (ala a CannonKeys kinda situation with manufacturing rounds)?

Just wondering if I miss out on this round, could I be on the wait list for the next?

Will do an initial round first, if it's proven successful then we'll do another run soon after - we'll try keep it in stock if there's demand.

Definitely looking to get one. Love the concept of multiple mounting methods, it's like 3 keyboards in 1!
My only concern is availability...judging from recent buys (cough cough GSKT), looks like 100 units for public will sell out in seconds. I understand larger quantity will bring other issues like lead time and QC, but sounds like your concern is lack of initial capital for more units. Perhaps you can open a short GB window, maybe an hour, so people who really want the keyboard and committed to buy will get a unit secured? I have seen this in Chinese GB and seems to work pretty well so I am just suggesting.  :)

I will be doing a 'small' gb for friends and family - because there's a level of trust both ways. Doing a public groupbuy would just mean I'd have to do the work for running a gb as usual, whereas doing it small and private means I can just work on the other things without the need of updates/reporting.

Offline sadhappypills

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 00:37:33 »
Would love to see a hotswap PCB option for this, that would tick all the boxes for me. Would this be a possibility? Amazing keyboard nonetheless!

Offline ywcsam

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 01:32:17 »
I will be doing a 'small' gb for friends and family - because there's a level of trust both ways. Doing a public groupbuy would just mean I'd have to do the work for running a gb as usual, whereas doing it small and private means I can just work on the other things without the need of updates/reporting.
You are my new best friend  ;)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:58:02 »
You are my new best friend  ;)
Haha. Right? What if we trust you as if we've been lifelong friends?

Offline brenbread

• hi
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 11:02:27 »
very interested

Offline willyG

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:11:18 »
Any chance for us not-VIP's to get one of the limited edition color-ways?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:18:03 »
Any chance for us not-VIP's to get one of the limited edition color-ways?
Live sacrifice!

Offline brothercore

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 15:42:29 »
hoping to make this my first non-kbdfans board!

Offline denym_

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 17:45:08 »
Sorry wasn't able to find any information on what colors is this supposed to be released? Would be my first time buying it not from stock or mass drop. How does this whole ordering process work? Tried to figure this out for keycult and there it seems to be some sort of lottery.

Best

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 03:32:41 »
Sorry wasn't able to find any information on what colors is this supposed to be released? Would be my first time buying it not from stock or mass drop. How does this whole ordering process work? Tried to figure this out for keycult and there it seems to be some sort of lottery.

Best

Follow this thread or my instagram (@aeryxz, @aeboards) and all the info about dates will be released there. FYI there's going to be a delay across the board because of the CNY/Coronavirus, so some time may slip out for that. But either way, stay tuned and we will release more info and sound tests etc!

Offline willyG

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 08:38:07 »
Hey this is another random question... but does keyboard treehouse accept paypal via google pay?

Offline mta

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 08:55:21 »
Definitely interested - navy seems great for this

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 09:33:11 »

Best

Case Colours

Signature Colours
• Black
• Aegis Navy
• Space Grey

Limited Edition Colours
• Influencer Red
• Limited Edition Vickrey Colour

Offline JvMil

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 17:19:20 »
Definitely interested! Been looking for a versatile 65%

Offline Acabi

• I love purple
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 20:53:59 »
Does the clear coating on the brass weight prevent patina and corrosion from appearing on the brass? Is there also a coating on the accent as well? Thanks! It really does look great.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 21:12:01 »
Does the clear coating on the brass weight prevent patina and corrosion from appearing on the brass? Is there also a coating on the accent as well? Thanks! It really does look great.

Yes.
Yes.
Thanks!

Best

Case Colours

Signature Colours
• Black
• Aegis Navy
• Space Grey

Limited Edition Colours
• Influencer Red

Will be up on the aeboards website soon. It's the same signature colours from the EXT65 and Aegis (Except for Dark Gray)

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 21:16:56 »

Yes.
Yes.
Thanks!

Best

Case Colours

Signature Colours
• Black
• Aegis Navy
• Space Grey

Limited Edition Colours
• Influencer Red

Will be up on the aeboards website soon. It's the same signature colours from the EXT65 and Aegis (Except for Dark Gray)
Hype meter rising!

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 21:39:19 »
Can't wait for this !!! Hope I get in on the in-stock sales

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 03:20:20 »

Will you have pictures of protos for the Limited Edition colors soon as well?

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 03:45:16 »
Sorry if you’ve mentioned this somewhere, I’ve just skimmed through the thread.

Will you be offering different colour plates other than brass? Not a problem if not, I’m just going for GMK Blink colour scheme.

Offline Denyial

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 04:51:04 »
This looks absolutely gorgeous, worth shifting from ISO to ANSI for, I'm in.

Offline Denyial

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 04:51:51 »
Fully interested. Really appreciate EU release times too!

Offline YungDaff

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 06:59:25 »
As I am new to the hobby I have not tried all the mounting styles yet. Nice to see a board that can let me try out several ones. Definitely in for this one.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 07:37:47 »
As I am new to the hobby I have not tried all the mounting styles yet. Nice to see a board that can let me try out several ones. Definitely in for this one.
Right?! Definitely appeals to me as a not noob not yet veteran as well. Feel like it works on all levels.

Offline Serious salamander

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 10:20:32 »
Right?! Definitely appeals to me as a not noob not yet veteran as well. Feel like it works on all levels.

Same! I'm hoping I'm fast enough for the public sales. I love the aesthetic too with the metal accent.

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 13:18:56 »
Very interested in this one.

Offline medi.exe

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 13:24:51 »
This looks amazing, I'm definitely interested.

Offline Sedyn

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 00:43:36 »
Noob here. I signed up here just to say I'm very interested. Curious, the brass looking line around the sides/back of the case, is that just a visual aspect of the design or is that the side of the plate?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 09:58:37 »
Noob here. I signed up here just to say I'm very interested. Curious, the brass looking line around the sides/back of the case, is that just a visual aspect of the design or is that the side of the plate?

It's just an accent, I asked earlier in the thread.

@aeryxz And man, just started looking for a southpaw and realized you made the EXT65, what a beautiful board. Don't suppose there will be an R2 at some point?

Offline Pach

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 11:10:54 »
Interested on this one  ;D

Offline Dumble_Hub

• Lets Go Bills!!!
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 18:55:48 »
Any chance there will be ALPS support for the PCB?

Offline segami

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 00:14:50 »

This^^

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 18:45:27 »

@aeryxz And man, just started looking for a southpaw and realized you made the EXT65, what a beautiful board. Don't suppose there will be an R2 at some point?

Looking to do an”DYI” cut your own case design for it, we will release files and sell pcbs. As for round 2, if there’s demand for it after constellation. Was a great project and layout and would like to do it again.

I’ve asked for a pcb design for alps and plate but no promises. May well as an add on kit down the track once we have sold some constellations and there’s demand for alps. Would require some testing as well before I feel comfortable selling it.

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 20:52:25 »
I. Need. This.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 21:04:33 »

Looking to do an”DYI” cut your own case design for it, we will release files and sell pcbs. As for round 2, if there’s demand for it after constellation. Was a great project and layout and would like to do it again.

Ooo. I like that route. I could def get some acrylic work done to house it.  Will be looking for that down the line. Well after this. So far this might be my board of the year, and it's only Feb, lol.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 03:16:28 »
Interested if there's an ISO plate option..

Offline ItsDante

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 07:08:12 »
This looks great! I hope i can get my hands on one!
Great work!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 20:22:29 »
Man. Still looking forward to this board the most. The novel multi-mounting system. Real excited.

Offline doveman

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 09:16:59 »
Beautiful