Author Topic: Infinity ErgoDox (Infinity X ErgoDox by Massdrop)  (Read 12697 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Infinity ErgoDox (Infinity X ErgoDox by Massdrop)
« on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 06:26:41 »
It seems Massdrop is replacing the ordinary ErgoDox in their semi-regular drops. The new design has the same physical layout, but hardware is more like their Infinity 60% keyboard. Links:
Features:
  • much better connection between halves, no more messing with TRRS cables/connectors or flipping halves for only left-handed use
  • support for both MX-compatible and Alps SKCM-compatible switches
  • everything but switches comes presoldered
  • runs HaaTa's firmware, configuration is done in the KLL or future matt3o's GUI
  • a gimmicky LCD
The drop features a choice of Cherry MX, Gateron and Matias switches, and DSA and DCS keycaps for MX-compatible or DSA keycaps for Matias/Alps switches. Price remains essentially the same.

Still no tenting support out of the box, the same layout, no backlighting but an LCD instead. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'm curious how the new interconnection works. I hope there's a controller in either half.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Infinity ErgoDox (Infinity X ErgoDox by Massdrop)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 07:31:24 »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 01:48:23 »
Apparently the PCB supports backlighting, it just doesn't come with any LEDs

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:39:50 »
Improved design, better pricing, the Input Club engineered a great product and addressed many requests.

Keep in mind this is merely a stepping stone to even better in the future.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:41:33 »
Apparently the PCB supports backlighting, it just doesn't come with any LEDs

If the PCB actually supports back-lighting it requires the places for the resistors to be soldered.

Offline Parak

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:43:52 »
If the PCB actually supports back-lighting it requires the places for the resistors to be soldered.

There's only a need for a single resistor, on the LED driver, which is used by the whole matrix.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 17:48:46 »

There's only a need for a single resistor, on the LED driver, which is used by the whole matrix.

Interesting, could that be done with for example the Nerd60? Or why this last requires resistors per switch? Or the term "back-lighting" here does not refer to the LEDs installed at each switch?

Offline Parak

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 19:47:24 »

Interesting, could that be done with for example the Nerd60? Or why this last requires resistors per switch? Or the term "back-lighting" here does not refer to the LEDs installed at each switch?

It's a normal function of the LED driver. Using a single resistor requires using such a driver, or a similar one, so it would not apply to anything that does not use such a driver.

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 05:51:05 »
Thanks for the info. 4,039 users have requested this product, impressive.
Novatouch TKL - Leopold FC660C - PBT my life.