Author Topic: [IC] GMK Wavez GB IS LIVE !!  (Read 128170 times)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Re: [IC] GMK Wavez HUGE update : 10/31/2018
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:48:10 »
Well, colour me unsurprised by that response. Yet this set is pretty similar to GMK Nautilus Nightmares, and you don't see Zambumon cracking the ****s....

I am pretty sure this set came out first before Nautilus Nightmares.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:52:14 »
I just want to say, the way OP handled the SA Leviathan IC on mechmarket really makes me question going in on this GB.  Yeah, it was close to Waves, but not everyone checks Geekhack all the time.  Really disappointed how that was handled.  Especially calling “dibs” on an SA set when this hasn’t even run yet...
The guy put out like 6 random colorways the other day with a strawpoll, you can call it being interactive with the community but i find it a bit lazy to be frank, and now with leviathan which is a very similar colorway to Wavez, which ALREADY was in the IC phase for months, look at the timestamp of this thread. And i have to disagree with you on the "not everyone gets on geekhack", are you saying TheVan renders would be justifiable because he's too ignorant to know jamón exists ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think Hedgey was trying to justify SA Leviathan's colorway or approach on the matter. I think he was just commenting on the way EnjoyMyInSec went about handling the situation. SA Leviathan was respectfully shelved indefinitely due to EnjoyMyInSec's request, and yet EnjoyMyInSec proceeded with their negative and disrespectful demeanor. Whether or not that was intentional, that is how myself and many others perceived it.

This
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:59:17 »
Well, colour me unsurprised by that response. Yet this set is pretty similar to GMK Nautilus Nightmares, and you don't see Zambumon cracking the ****s....

I am pretty sure this set came out first before Nautilus Nightmares.

According to Geekhack, the ICs were started on the *same day* and Nautilus Nightmares was 18 hours earlier.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:21:19 »
I just want to say, the way OP handled the SA Leviathan IC on mechmarket really makes me question going in on this GB.  Yeah, it was close to Waves, but not everyone checks Geekhack all the time.  Really disappointed how that was handled.  Especially calling “dibs” on an SA set when this hasn’t even run yet...
The guy put out like 6 random colorways the other day with a strawpoll, you can call it being interactive with the community but i find it a bit lazy to be frank, and now with leviathan which is a very similar colorway to Wavez, which ALREADY was in the IC phase for months, look at the timestamp of this thread. And i have to disagree with you on the "not everyone gets on geekhack", are you saying TheVan renders would be justifiable because he's too ignorant to know jamón exists ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think Hedgey was trying to justify SA Leviathan's colorway or approach on the matter. I think he was just commenting on the way EnjoyMyInSec went about handling the situation. SA Leviathan was respectfully shelved indefinitely due to EnjoyMyInSec's request, and yet EnjoyMyInSec proceeded with their negative and disrespectful demeanor. Whether or not that was intentional, that is how myself and many others perceived it.

This

My $0.02. I am not defending Enjoy but I'm very good friend with him so I know he's been working alot behind the scene on this set. Seeing your work being potentially stolen by someone else is definitely not easy to swallow so I can definitely understand his frustration. I also think ignorance is not an excuse-just because you don't know texting when driving is illegal doesn't mean you can and should do it. If its like a set that's been buried for years then I can understand, but Wavez is still very much fresh off the oven. Plus it seems to me all the proposed sets keyset were all similar to previous IC's one way or the other (i.e. 2049 Nights vs Miami Nights, Leviathan vs Wavez, 2049 vs Hyperfuse Origins, Gold and Blue Dolch vs donutcat's Skiidata, Calm Lavender vs donutcat's Lavender Fields, etc.) Throwing out a bunch of keysets and ask for a poll definitely rings me some bell.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:24:47 by otanishock »

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:33:34 »
I think it’s less about who did it first and more how it was handled tbh.

Offline the_high_5

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:42:40 »
My $0.02. I am not defending Enjoy but I'm very good friend with him so I know he's been working alot behind the scene on this set. Seeing your work being potentially stolen by someone else is definitely not easy to swallow so I can definitely understand his frustration. I also think ignorance is not an excuse-just because you don't know texting when driving is illegal doesn't mean you can and should do it. If its like a set that's been buried for years then I can understand, but Wavez is still very much fresh off the oven. Plus it seems to me all the proposed sets keyset were all similar to previous IC's one way or the other (i.e. 2049 Nights vs Miami Nights, Leviathan vs Wavez, 2049 vs Hyperfuse Origins, Gold and Blue Dolch vs donutcat's Skiidata, Calm Lavender vs donutcat's Lavender Fields, etc.) Throwing out a bunch of keysets and ask for a poll definitely rings me some bell.

I absolutely understand Enjoy's frustration, but I want to clarify that the main subject of my comment was not in regards to how SA Leviathan and the other SA sets you've mentioned came about. I was commenting on the demeanor that EnjoyMyInSec proceeded with after it was made clear that the set has been shelved indefinitely. It's one thing to feel the frustration, and another to lash out with it. That's the line between professionalism and unprofessionalism.

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:50:03 »
As a random person who has been following this IC for quite a while now and looking forward to it, I don't think too highly at all of Enjoy's comments over on mm, but, I can understand someone under pressure letting their emotions get the best of them.  What I can't understand is developing a product without doing any market research - surely would-be designers should at least have a basic awareness of what else is out there atm, no?   

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 21:54:53 »
So, just having a neon green legend and arrows in your set makes it too similar to wavez? Cause aside from the green I don't see a similarity. if anything I see it as a ripoff of terminal in the vein of what otanishock is talking about.

Plus it seems to me all the proposed sets keyset were all similar to previous IC's one way or the other (i.e. 2049 Nights vs Miami Nights, Leviathan vs Wavez, 2049 vs Hyperfuse Origins, Gold and Blue Dolch vs donutcat's Skiidata, Calm Lavender vs donutcat's Lavender Fields, etc.) Throwing out a bunch of keysets and ask for a poll definitely rings me some bell.

Offline prototype26

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 23:49:44 »
Mods color, profiles, legends and novelties are different. Yours are still in IC Phase and it's not even in SA profile. Who are you to book the SA profile spot when this GMK version are not even live yet? Moreover, halting other people's potential GB just because there's a slight resemblance. Really?

Oh and the way you handled the situation is like a 5 year old throwing tantrum. Congrats.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 00:26:24 »
When I saw the recent Leviathan IC on reddit my first thought was that it looks like a ripoff of Wavez. I'm glad Enjoy spoke up. Too bad about the negative reddit karma. Maybe next time do it via PM?
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #310 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 00:39:09 »
I can see the similarities (although... Sorry... I prefer Leviathan) and I can understand your point of view up to a certain point... But the way you handled this is just trash. Moreover, SA is happening"soon"? Has that been discussed or mentioned anywhere?

A little over a year ago, I asked Jessica if I could use the same colors as her plum mods... She told me no, "I might make a round 2"... Here we are and still nothing. I was on the fence of getting this set and then saw the SA IC and was super excited. Again, I don't have anything against the fact you defended your set, but I do about the way you did it...

Heck... You could have partnered with the guy and ran the SA version together, that's what I did for GMK Monochrome! Now that I think on it, can you imagine if the designer of Metaverse PMed me saying his set with the correct modifiers could give the  same result as ours and asked us to shelve it cause his came first?

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 February 2019, 01:43:09 by JSaintS »

Offline MehAdviceGuy

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 05:58:24 »
Someone really owes a big apology for ruining a GB that another creator was making, because it was a "copy" even though it wasn't.

I had some interest in Wavez. but now i definitely wont get it.

Handle stuff personally next time and keep a professional tone, i don't care if you were emotional, the way it was handled is NOT a way that you handle things as a adult.
If you cant even handle that interaction in a professional way, how could i expect you to run a Group Buy?

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:13:27 »
Hey all, made a GH account just to post this since this thread is starting to dissolve as well... Enjoy and I have cleared any bad-blood and aired any grievances we might have had through Reddit PM. Thanks to a bit of a misunderstanding, tensions were understandably high due to the perception that I intentionally cribbed the design of Wavez.

As said on the other thread, any resemblance to Wavez was purely unintentional and I am shelving the project indefinitely as a show of good faith and support for this set. If I was a GMK guy, I'd be all over this set. Let's all go back to loving expensive plastic  :))

Offline jobicoppola

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:17:03 »
Fair enough, well handled OCM

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:19:40 »
Thanks for putting this out here, glad you guys worked it out! Hopefully discussions past this point will be about the keyset itself :)

One thing I wanted to ask - osrry if this has been asked before:

About the latin + japanese legend kit - did GMK agree on running that? Because back when I checked with them for Oasis, they told me that the only way to get that produced would be to run that in the main kit (hence why Zambumon ran it in the core kit of Serika). I really like the mix and having it as an option is always good, but I never understood GMK's policy there.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:31:30 »
Like OneCreativeMind said, everything is good and i appologized to him via PM.
It was like 2 AM when i saw this post and I was super mad especially since wavez is about to go live soon and I try to have the best kits possible for you guys aswell as the best prices.

I shouldnt have comment his post and I won’t argue anymore on that since it’s between him and me and you don’t have to know any orher details.

I don’t ask you guys to accept my excuses or whatever I just wanted to clarify things a bit.

Updated are comming rly rly soon thanks for your support though’

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 07:06:55 »
I fully empathise you since it’s a design that you have been working on and love.
Still, it’s right that you have confessed that you are in the wrong for lashing out (in the assumption that he definitely copied your design) and have made amendments.
I hope the community can put this sage behind them and enjoy the sets and designs of both creators

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 08:53:40 »
It was like 2 AM when i saw this post and I was super mad especially since wavez is about to go live soon and I try to have the best kits possible for you guys aswell as the best prices.

I shouldnt have comment his post and I won’t argue anymore on that since it’s between him and me and you don’t have to know any orher details.

I don’t ask you guys to accept my excuses or whatever I just wanted to clarify things a bit.

Everything is not good though, because you are depriving the community of another cool key set because it has a similar dark base bright green to your set. I like wavez and I like leviathan and there are some similarities between them but that can be said about a lot of different keysets.

They are certainly different enough to have both of them run and they will appeal to different people based on profile, cost, kits, colors, legends. It’s unreasonable to think that you have cornered the market on bright green accents.

I would hope you would do the right thing and let him move forward with his set as well. I can totally understand the initial frustration, but man after looking at it more and talking with the other person you should be able to be rational and see that they obviously were not just making a copy of your IC. Saying you are going to run SA eventually is also ridiculous when you haven’t even started the GMK GB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 10:43:53 »

Great, so you told him he can run Leviathan, right?!?

Because at the end of the day, while somewhat similar, you made some wildly bold accusations and basically made the other guy reconsider designing keysets all together.  Which is really bad for the community in general, especially when you should be supporting each other.  Calling "dibs" on a certain profile before your GB even ran, and on a single set of colors is some straight up BS.  Like another poster said above, Jessica said "no" to using Plum mods, but she hasn't done anything with that set in 2 years.  SO then why should you get dibs on bright green?  Oh wait, you don't.

I heard that Wei wants to run it anyway. (Which at this point I hope he does)
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 10:58:16 »

Great, so you told him he can run Leviathan, right?!?

Because at the end of the day, while somewhat similar, you made some wildly bold accusations and basically made the other guy reconsider designing keysets all together.  Which is really bad for the community in general, especially when you should be supporting each other.  Calling "dibs" on a certain profile before your GB even ran, and on a single set of colors is some straight up BS.  Like another poster said above, Jessica said "no" to using Plum mods, but she hasn't done anything with that set in 2 years.  SO then why should you get dibs on bright green?  Oh wait, you don't.

I heard that Wei wants to run it anyway. (Which at this point I hope he does)

Just to be very clear, while Wei was very interested in running this set, he understands that he needs my permission to proceed. I told him that I am not interested in running it without the okay from the Wavez GB runners and he has honored that. Wei is a really good guy.

I agree with the comments that this is more similar to Terminal, as that was my direct inspiration, but I see the similarities when side-by-side with Waves and I don't want to step on anyone's toes or be "that guy". Making keycaps is a fun thing for me and I don't want to taint that experience with drama and ill feelings towards my sets or the way I run my ICs.

Enjoy's baby is an awesome set, and it is obvious that a ton of work and love went into it. I'd really like to keep this thread on track and have the conversation focused on Wavez.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 11:05:22 »
All is well that ends well. Just wondering if its too late to split numpad from the base? See GMK Jamon on MD. Gives more options and helps lower the price as not everyone may want a full set. If the demand is high, then higher sales will result in lower prices due to MOQ break point and should even out any $ difference for full set kit.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 11:31:51 »
I was here to withdraw my interest but out of respect for Biip and Janglad I will remain a prospect participant in the group buy depending on logistics and under the contingency that they are appropriately, monetarily rewarded for their work - the behaviour displayed on reddit was entirely unacceptable and unprofessional, I don't want the culprit to be responsible for and/or be anywhere near my money for obvious reasons. If that has already happened, I would advise the designer's cut be put toward anger management classes.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:43:00 »
I was here to withdraw my interest but out of respect for Biip and Janglad I will remain a prospect participant in the group buy depending on logistics and under the contingency that they are appropriately, monetarily rewarded for their work - the behaviour displayed on reddit was entirely unacceptable and unprofessional, I don't want the culprit to be responsible for and/or be anywhere near my money for obvious reasons. If that has already happened, I would advise the designer's cut be put toward anger management classes.

What happened?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:47:44 »

What happened?

Someone posted an IC for a vaguely similar looking set on mechmarket, and the designer of this set went in the thread and expressed his displeasure.

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/apix7i/ic_sa_leviathan_interest_check_1/

Pretty sure he deleted his comment, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 13:43:27 »
Any updates on timing, vendors, and pricing?

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:08:07 »
Any updates on timing, vendors, and pricing?
Same. This is where I will dump my tax money on ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:19:32 »
i've heard from some more informed folks that this will be on massdrop sometime in Q2, but supposedly something is stalled behind the scenes so really who can say
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:27:20 »
He stated on Reddit that it is no longer being run through MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:40:22 »
i've heard from some more informed folks that this will be on massdrop sometime in Q2, but supposedly something is stalled behind the scenes so really who can say
There has been change to vendor, but I'd rather let Enjoy making the announcement himself. It should still be live very soon though afaik.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:12:51 »
There has been change to vendor, but I'd rather let Enjoy making the announcement himself. It should still be live very soon though afaik.

Cool! MD would have been ideal but other vendors are fine too!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:20:07 »

lmao that's a mistake but it's not my set so whatever

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:35:46 »
If you can get your set on Massdrop you definitely should, for a huge boost in sales and better prices all round.

I'm still waiting to hear if this big update includes Colevrak support... though if it isn't on Massdrop it doesn't have a chance of reaching MOQ....

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 00:59:29 »
All is well that ends well. Just wondering if its too late to split numpad from the base? See GMK Jamon on MD. Gives more options and helps lower the price as not everyone may want a full set. If the demand is high, then higher sales will result in lower prices due to MOQ break point and should even out any $ difference for full set kit.
Maybe you can remove some of the keys/kit in the base kit to reduce cost like Jamon?
Remove some keys lol ? Iso is not even in it, I can't exclude more kits, even the numpad itself since a lot of people use it.
The base kit will stay like that and it will be cheap enough IMO, we all use different layouts and stuff, so i gotta make most of the people happy for the base set ! Hope you understand that ! :D
I think it will not happen and too late to change the kits because it will drop 'soon'?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 02:01:35 »
Also, re: numpad - if GMK Jamon is any indication, less than a quarter of people that want the base kit also want the numpad. Food for thought.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 09:22:18 »
When will GMK WAVEZ go to GB?

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 09:43:49 »
I'm still waiting to hear if this big update includes Colevrak support... though if it isn't on Massdrop it doesn't have a chance of reaching MOQ....

It won't make a difference.

212822-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 11:02:24 »
Also, re: numpad - if GMK Jamon is any indication, less than a quarter of people that want the base kit also want the numpad. Food for thought.

+1

Jamon rocks

Offline bball2

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 11:41:46 »
I'm definitely out after how the creator represented himself on reddit

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:08:14 »
I'm definitely out after how the creator represented himself on reddit
In my eyes they could certainly redeem themselves by giving their permission to leviathan so that they feel comfortable moving forward with that one.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:30:24 »

+1

Jamon rocks

+1 on splitting numpad

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:46:35 »

If that's the case, let the guy run his own IC and possible GB. There isn't even a guarantee your set will hit the MOQ, especially now. In that situation, then what? Then the community loses out on Wavez, and also Leviathan. Not to mention one is GMK and one is SA.

I personally think it's horse **** that the guy was attacked over some colors of a keyset that hasn't even made it out of IC. Especially considering how close your own set is to GMK Terminal, which has gone through two rounds already. Imagine how you would feel if the same happened to you. If you went off the handle about this, what's stopping you from losing your mind over something else happening during the GB phase? I wouldn't want a GB runner like that.

Are you actually sorry? Then let the guy run his ****ing set if he still wants to do it. Seems like a half-assed apology if you still won't let him run his set.
Mains: Bakers 6T (silver)   |   Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, thick)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:56:57 »

If that's the case, let the guy run his own IC and possible GB. There isn't even a guarantee your set will hit the MOQ, especially now. In that situation, then what? Then the community loses out on Wavez, and also Leviathan. Not to mention one is GMK and one is SA.

I personally think it's horse **** that the guy was attacked over some colors of a keyset that hasn't even made it out of IC. Especially considering how close your own set is to GMK Terminal, which has gone through two rounds already. Imagine how you would feel if the same happened to you. If you went off the handle about this, what's stopping you from losing your mind over something else happening during the GB phase? I wouldn't want a GB runner like that.

Are you actually sorry? Then let the guy run his ****ing set if he still wants to do it. Seems like a half-assed apology if you still won't let him run his set.

It's actually worse than that.  He basically discouraged OCM from running anything for a few months.  OCM said he was going to take a break and maybe come back to do a Maxkey set of some sort later on. 

OP killed any motivation from OCM to continue with Leviathan, which is BS.

Here's the deleted comments:

https://www.removeddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/apix7i/ic_sa_leviathan_interest_check_1/

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 13:13:54 »
OP, change your name to, “EnjoyMySalt”. It seems more fitting

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 13:17:37 »
212832-0

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 13:40:40 »
LOL at this situation.

I'm typing on:

Use Pantone 389 for Wavez *cough* Toxic 2.0 *cough* :thumb:
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 13:48:37 »
(Attachment Link)

Your guy is the one that lit the fuse.  I understand you're invested in Wavez heavily, but he handled himself VERY poorly.

Offline etong415

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:19:05 »
As a random person who has been following this IC for quite a while now and looking forward to it, I don't think too highly at all of Enjoy's comments over on mm, but, I can understand someone under pressure letting their emotions get the best of them.  What I can't understand is developing a product without doing any market research - surely would-be designers should at least have a basic awareness of what else is out there atm, no?
This is what I don't understand. Not everyone who starts off developing products, especially keycap sets, has a lot of experience within the community. Hell, I hadn't started browsing GeekHack until I got a couple of board through browsing Reddit. Wavez has been in IC for a while, someone else made a set that looked similar that can detract sales, this happens relatively often to my knowledge, but the important thing is to respectfully and professionally ask the vendor who got there second to respect the sales and business of the original IC, not lash out publicly (or privately) at the other person.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:23:20 »
For all of you guys that are thristy of updates (sorry I’m trying to do things as best as I can so It’s long) the numpad will be split, sorry for the lack of updates I’m comming asap with a bunch of news !

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:28:00 »
For all of you guys that are thristy of updates (sorry I’m trying to do things as best as I can so It’s long) the numpad will be split, sorry for the lack of updates I’m comming asap with a bunch of news !
212836-0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #349 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 15:11:20 »
LOL at this situation.

I'm typing on:

Show Image

Show Image

Use Pantone 389 for Wavez *cough* Toxic 2.0 *cough* :thumb:

i was wondering when you'd show up in here