Author Topic: AT102W housing  (Read 1069 times)

Offline roflzord

AT102W housing
« on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 17:15:31 »
So.. I have a bit of an odd one here - I cannot seem to find a black version of an AT102W to save my life, I've looked all over the place for one, and cannot seem to pick one up anywhere with a UK layout. I fell in love with these boards a while back and managed to snag a white one for pretty cheap about a year ago, and saw a black one for sale a week later after I bought the white one thinking I wouldn't really need a 2nd one, and so, foolishly, never picked it up. I've been kicking myself ever since.

And thus, my question is this - I stumbled upon a Wyse KU-8933 on ebay for dirt cheap, which at a glance, seems to be almost identical in shape to an AT102W in regards to the case/housing. Would it be possible to re-house the AT102W that I have into one of these? I've an idea for doing some modding with the black case if it will fit.

Failing that, if anyone has any info of where I could pick up a black AT102W, that would be also greatly appreciated!

Cheers :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: AT102W housing
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 17:25:07 »
Keep looking. Black ones are scarce but not rare, and I suspect that the 101 (ANSI version) case is identical to the 102 case.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: AT102W housing
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 02:38:30 »
I found two NIB black German AT102Ws at the recycling centre once, so they definitely exist. Like Fohat mentions, the ANSI case is probably the same, though.
Check my keyboard video reviews: