Author Topic: Unboxing of Ducky ONE W/ MX Blues and initial impressions  (Read 3464 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Unboxing of Ducky ONE W/ MX Blues and initial impressions
« on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:23:29 »
The Video itself is just an unboxing but figured I would type my initial impressions here since I was in too much pain to to a longer video.

Board feels very very solid, the cherry stabs feel as though they are pre clipped and feel incredibly nice, easily best feeling Cherry stabs I have ever used.  Micro USB connector is very well done and reinforced quite well.  Love the Raindrop lighting mode it's nice while not being obnoxious.  The stock keycaps are fairly decent being medium thick ABS and doubleshot (newer version soon will use Doubleshot PBT backlit)  and the bezel is nice and slim not leaving a large footprint.  Feet have two levels of height for those into using feet.

My first Ducky board and thus far for $99 i'm quite impressed, will need more time with it of course but thus far I really am digging this board.

Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline dante

Re: Unboxing of Ducky ONE W/ MX Blues and initial impressions
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 09:29:57 »
, the cherry stabs feel as though they are pre clipped and feel incredibly nice, easily best feeling Cherry stabs I have ever used.

I didn't see your video yet.  So you like these Cherry stabs over the ones in your Deck Francium?  You seemed pretty excited about those.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 09:55:06 »
, the cherry stabs feel as though they are pre clipped and feel incredibly nice, easily best feeling Cherry stabs I have ever used.

I didn't see your video yet.  So you like these Cherry stabs over the ones in your Deck Francium?  You seemed pretty excited about those.

Put it this way, had I not gone into this knowing Ducky uses Cherry stabs by feel alone I would have sworn they were Costar.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 13:46:39 »

Put it this way, had I not gone into this knowing Ducky uses Cherry stabs by feel alone I would have sworn they were Costar.

Right but didn't you also say the Deck Francium felt like Costar as well?  I'm just curious how much of an improvement there is between the two given your review of the Deck gave me the impression they were unimprovable.

Just for LOL's you should swap the stabilized keycaps between the two boards just to see if there is a difference.

FYI: I am not a Deck employee or investor. :D