Author Topic: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1. UPDATED April 21st, please read  (Read 139011 times)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1 (INVOICES CLOSED. PLACING ORDER)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 19:52:31 »
I keep forgetting I got this. Need to get on getting some more switches for this little guy in the waiting period haha.

Because it's increased to 50 units the waiting period is a bit longer =(

No worries dude! Not your problem :) It will be a fun surprise when it gets here, hopefully I'll have remembered to get some switches by then haha.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1 (INVOICES CLOSED. PLACING ORDER)
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 21:12:08 »
I keep forgetting I got this. Need to get on getting some more switches for this little guy in the waiting period haha.

In the mean time you should post pics of yours :D

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 21:47:00 »

In the mean time you should post pics of yours :D

2nd page fam

http://imgur.com/a/3FqWJ

Album is up of the sample. First time I'm trying the lightbox so go easy :P

Also kind of rushed so no post editing on those images.

Right now it's just single kits... Getting additional acrylic mid sections would mean invoicing would be a lot more annoying, shipping costs could be tipped over the break point (1KG) and it may or may not increase production lead times. Possibly for round two I'll just order a bunch of extra parts along with the main order but right now I'm keeping it simple and straightforward.

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:22:04 »
I have my Zealios switches(65g) order in and my Deep Space keycaps just arrived. Time to get my soldering station ready and clear my schedule.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:19:38 »
GFW tallied up all the orders I sent him so I just have to double check that it matches my records and full payment for production will be going out

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:24:59 »
I have my Zealios switches(65g) order in and my Deep Space keycaps just arrived. Time to get my soldering station ready and clear my schedule.

I'm going with 78g zealios and probably a set of shadovved's PBT blanks. Can't wait to see everyone's board fully assembled!
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline schlesi

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:53:39 »

I'm going with 78g zealios and probably a set of shadovved's PBT blanks. Can't wait to see everyone's board fully assembled!

I'll go with Cherry Clears with Gateron tops and in-switch LEDs. Caps will be whatever I have, as I dont have money for a new set :(

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 15:50:05 »
I'm planning 65g zealios on alphas, gateron blacks on mods...and maybe....Granite keycaps...not sure yet.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:07:01 »

Nice, likewise it will be interesting to see everyone's personal style in their builds.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 11:25:05 »
Just ordered 2 120 packs of Gateron's (80g green clicky & 50g yellow linear) from Massdrop. So, I'm ready for my Golbat40!

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 11:32:50 »
Just ordered 2 120 packs of Gateron's (80g green clicky & 50g yellow linear) from Massdrop. So, I'm ready for my Golbat40!

Don't think you'll need that many switches for this board haha  :p
All the kustom 60s

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:26:09 »

Don't think you'll need that many switches for this board haha  :p

LOL, you've got jokes. At $25 for 120 switches, I had to get 2 packs. Plus, I plan on doing additional keyboard work this year!

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 13:28:20 »
I need some 58g zealios  :'(

Offline a-c

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 14:11:50 »

Go back and update your choice of PCB or Plate mount. They added the option to choose, and it defaults to Plate mount.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 14:20:55 »
Especially with the spacebar you might want to get PCB mount

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 14:31:34 »

I always get pcb mount. Worst case scenario, a couple snips with your flush cutters and you've got plate mount switches.

I've ordered some more 65g Zealios (plain Jane, I know) and gateron reds for this build.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 14:54:36 »

I always get pcb mount. Worst case scenario, a couple snips with your flush cutters and you've got plate mount switches.

I've ordered some more 65g Zealios (plain Jane, I know) and gateron reds for this build.

The spacebar doesn't have a plate holding all around so it's a special solder. (no matter which spacebar layout you choose)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 15:14:14 »

Go back and update your choice of PCB or Plate mount. They added the option to choose, and it defaults to Plate mount.

Thanks, running back to Massdrop now.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:00:17 »
Boop

The guide for creating your firmware is up

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:02:08 »
Boop

Thanks!

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:18:17 »
Boop

Awesome! Can't wait for mine to come.

I just remembered the other day that I don't remember what color I got, so that's going to be a nice surprise when it comes  :))

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:46:33 »
Boop

Okay I downloaded trojan.exe and now there is text all over my wallpaper.

edit: apparently i bought a ticket to the bahamas

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:36:14 »
great guide for the firmware flashing! super easy  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 13:37:11 »
Boop

Okay I downloaded trojan.exe and now there is text all over my wallpaper.

edit: apparently i bought a ticket to the bahamas

While in the Bahamas you will find a tech support agent who can help you with trojan.exe.

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 12:04:37 »

I made sure to order enough Zeal's cause I was either going in on the golbat or a planck. Hopefully your shipment will time up nicely with my zeal order. :)

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:29:51 »

I made sure to order enough Zeal's cause I was either going in on the golbat or a planck. Hopefully your shipment will time up nicely with my zeal order. :)

I'm hoping for the same thing. I picked up some 78g switch from zealios round two specifically for my Golbat.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Re: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1 UPDATE MARCH 3rd
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 16:17:56 »
Bumpity

Posted an update to the main thread

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 16:20:04 »
Thanks for the update glitch

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 16:56:33 »
Bumpity

Posted an update to the main thread

Thanks Gl1tch3D, this gives me time to get a great soldering iron. Really looking forward to it. Now I'll have another keyboard kit to work on prior to my Golbat40. I'm still excited eitherway!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 March 2016, 18:44:33 by William_S_Jones »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 16:57:24 »
getting hype ~ April ain't too far! Thanks for touching base
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 19:02:02 »

YAY!!

Offline schlesi

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 04:17:10 »
Well, this gives me time to get the parts I still need. I was hoping to get this before the next semester starts here, so I could take it to Uni, but I can live without it for a month.

Now I believe my WhiteFox will arrive first.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 15:57:02 »
Update!
Got news that the cases are now completed and just waiting on the PCBs before shipping everything out.

livingspeedbump has also agreed to receive the order from china to distribute the USA orders (the bulk of the orders) so depending on the shipping from china and PCBs, it might be possible to have the USA orders delivered before the end of April.

However this will most likely not result in shipping discounts, but I'll have to tally that up in the end to see if there's money from the shipping fund to send back.

If anybody has an issue with this please bring it up before the order is shipped.

Thanks, GL1TCH3D

Offline cheddarbek

End of April? Awesome! It'll also eliminate any worry about crossing the border twice, so I'm all for it.

Figures Andy would get the exclusive writeup before we all receive our boards though. Ha!  ;D

Offline GL1TCH3D

End of April? Awesome! It'll also eliminate any worry about crossing the border twice, so I'm all for it.

Figures Andy would get the exclusive writeup before we all receive our boards though. Ha!  ;D

Well I had the sample before which nathan got to try before too.

And then I passed it off to FLFisherman so the sample is floating around somewhere :P

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.

Well I had the sample before which nathan got to try before too.

And then I passed it off to FLFisherman so the sample is floating around somewhere :P

And I threw it on the ground!!

No, I threw caps on it and sent it to a better home.

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 19:03:28 »
Update!
Got news that the cases are now completed and just waiting on the PCBs before shipping everything out.

livingspeedbump has also agreed to receive the order from china to distribute the USA orders (the bulk of the orders) so depending on the shipping from china and PCBs, it might be possible to have the USA orders delivered before the end of April.

However this will most likely not result in shipping discounts, but I'll have to tally that up in the end to see if there's money from the shipping fund to send back.

If anybody has an issue with this please bring it up before the order is shipped.

Thanks, GL1TCH3D

Before the end of April!! Oh man if this came before my birthday I'd be so happy!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 19:56:21 »
Update!

Thanks, GL1TCH3D

glitched confirmed skamer

thanks for another update

Offline GL1TCH3D

I also forgot to mention that Krytone agreed to make a specialized bat keycap that I will distribute to buyers of this golbat group buy in a raffle style  :cool:

However with his recent baby and sales it probably won't line up with shipping.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
I also forgot to mention that Krytone agreed to make a specialized bat keycap that I will distribute to buyers of this golbat group buy in a raffle style  :cool:

Is there a reason why the middle is a two piece acrylic instead of one piece? I just noticed

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
Looks as though it's to accommodate the USB port.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder

Show Image

couldn't they have notched one piece like GON's?

Offline GL1TCH3D

Show Image

The top layer fits over the PCB and has switch cutouts. While the bottom layer is just the edging around. As for why it couldn't just be one taller edge around the PCB it's probably to keep the case smaller overall.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Oh strange I didn't know the top acrylic had switch cutouts. Anyways it doesn't matter I was wondering I am just looking forward to this board. I don't know if I should go with linears for this tiny board. Hmm ._.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction

Golbat Krap to go with it?

Aw hell yeah.

RNGesus be with me

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

Show Image

The top layer fits over the PCB and has switch cutouts. While the bottom layer is just the edging around. As for why it couldn't just be one taller edge around the PCB it's probably to keep the case smaller overall.

Would also require thicker acrylic (more money) and more machine time (exponentially more money)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
golbat krap?? aww yus , gunna be lit fam

;D
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline torafuma

Oh man!! Getting excited for this to ship!  ;D ;D

Offline HappyCatFish

Any idea how many Golbat caps there will be and what cost will be like? I am excited for a chance at a unique artisan.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Any idea how many Golbat caps there will be and what cost will be like? I am excited for a chance at a unique artisan.

I'll be giving them out for free as a thanks through raffle (or if shipping costs drastically change going through livinspeedbump I can offer raffle tickets for the caps to cover the different).

But otherwise everyone should have a fair shot at one.