Author Topic: [IC] KAT Eternal | LIVE  (Read 93490 times)

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | new renders!
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 01:05:40 »
More Kit Updates!

Updated Kits

60 - TKL Text Mods
Added numpad text mods to 60 - TKL text mods.

UK Kit
Added text mod enter and shift to UK kit.

International Kit
Added text mod enter and shift to International kit.

Colevrak Kit
Added text mod 1.75u backspace to Colevrak kit.

French kit coming soon!

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | text mods added
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 01:06:12 »
Thanks for adding the text mod kit. Icon mods confuse the hell out of me so it's highly appreciated.

One thing though - I think the mod kit would benefit from a single 1U Ctrl key. Both of my 75% boards have 3 1U keys on the right of space bar and it's often used as Alt,Fn,Ctrl. It can be reprogrammed, of course, but it's a common layout worth suggesting.

Will consider, thanks for pointing it out :)

Offline Minterly

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:46:49 »
More Kit Updates!

New Kit

French Kit

Offline psxndc

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:04:13 »
09.30.2019 - Added [words words words], and Colevrak kits.

Eff yes! :thumb:  I'm in.
Ortho. Always.

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 16:36:23 »
I like this.

Offline psxndc

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | new renders!
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 13:32:16 »
Even for a non-profit run? Didn't they specify in the past that their IP is free to use for all hobbyists and content creators that just want to make **** for the audience? How would this not apply? Riot is really ****ing up on this one.

Probably because there is a commercial component to it (i.e., money changing hands) even if that money would eventually go to a non-profit. The money thing makes it icky for IP attorneys; it's less of a hobbyist/content creator allowance that generates additional interest in their IP. If they wanted to make a keyset themselves (like Overwatch did with Razer) this would be a competing product.

EDIT: *Derp* this was an old comment I responded too. :/
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2019, 13:36:23 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 17:04:41 »
EDIT: *Derp* this was an old comment I responded too. :/
It's all right. I'm baffled by the decision mostly because up to now, their IP policy was very lax for all manner of creators. You could use game assets for YouTube content creation, their music is royalty-free and I have never heard of Riot pursuing any legal action against merch with fan art. This seems like a departure from that policy.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline Minterly

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 17:02:11 »
It's all right. I'm baffled by the decision mostly because up to now, their IP policy was very lax for all manner of creators. You could use game assets for YouTube content creation, their music is royalty-free and I have never heard of Riot pursuing any legal action against merch with fan art. This seems like a departure from that policy.
I've been a fan of league for years and know of artists who make stickers, pins, shirts, etc but they are "technically" violating legal IP, Riot just doesn't do anything against them.
I don't know if they would have pursed legal action against novelty fan art but since there are so many entities involved in the keycap making process (designer vs vendors vs manufacturer), we felt that it was safer to be more cautious and not use any art that may violate IP. It would be pretty disastrous if a GB were to be hit with a lawsuit hahaha

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 06:58:47 »
I like how you splitted the kits  :thumb:

Offline Quasimodo

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 21:21:28 »
Really loving this set so far. I might just have to buy this in addition to GMK Firefly  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ I don't need 2 kidneys :)

Offline thedavefulton

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 16:51:17 »
Been looking for something exactly like this for a build I've been thinking about; I'll definitely be in on this GB!  Great work, looks awesome!

Offline Saga

• Pew Pew Particle Accelerators
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 17:11:34 »
International with an eth? buy buy buy!

Offline harlekein

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | goodies announced!
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 10:25:38 »
Skipping this because of unnecessary bundling of ortho and 40s.

sorry you feel that way, I'm still considering the feedback for splitting both 60-TKL and 40s/Ortho but depending on the MOQs may also keep them combined. ultimately would rather support more layouts than risk MOQs not hitting.

I understand, but MOQ is low enough for KAT that this shouldn't really be an issue. Besides that, it really doesn't make much sense to combine ortho and 40s. It'd make a lot more sense to put 40s in base, maybe create an extra bars kit and combine ortho with ergo instead. If anything here is at risk of not making MOQ it's ergo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2019, 10:27:14 by harlekein »

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | goodies announced!
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 12:49:10 »

I understand, but MOQ is low enough for KAT that this shouldn't really be an issue. Besides that, it really doesn't make much sense to combine ortho and 40s. It'd make a lot more sense to put 40s in base, maybe create an extra bars kit and combine ortho with ergo instead. If anything here is at risk of not making MOQ it's ergo.

It may seem like MOQ is low for KAT but I think perhaps you're not considering that minimum key unit amount must be created, which is 24k units.

For example, a GMK set without custom colors may have 120 keys in the base kit, so with a an MOQ of 150 that would only produce 18k units. Considering extra kits such as 40s, spacebars, novelties, those would add a couple thousand more units.

So I would say that Keyreative MOQ is actually comparable to GMK vs SA which truly has low MOQ (with the offset of high pricing).

The benefit of Keyreative is that childkits can technically have low MOQ since it's easier for kits to help each other out to reach the 24k units collectively, but the minimum of 24k units must be met regardless. So for GMK, even if 500 base kits are sold and only 10 kits of 40s or ISO, those child kits will not make it. With Keyreative, the extra numbers in base will help the child kits which is awesome :)

Offline iZac02

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 02:18:32 »
Been waiting to make a dark  purple board. these look perfect.

Offline BB997

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 20:13:13 »
100% in for multiple kits.

Offline krooktk

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:19:59 »
Wow wow wow. Think I'm going to wait for this over Dracula. Worst case, I guess I need both  :D

Offline Minterly

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:34:15 »
Wow wow wow. Think I'm going to wait for this over Dracula. Worst case, I guess I need both  :D

Both! :D

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 23:06:06 »
I created geekhack account for this set

Offline Minterly

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 09:35:32 »

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 09:23:41 »
Heyy! I only see this now but it looks amazing! Would love to see more renders actually. I hope I'm not too late but are the kits finalized? There's something I want to suggest which has so far been overlooked in Colevrak kits but that I think would make a great amount of sense with these big Colevrak sets that support common Colemak mods like Backspace on Caps and the DHm mod etc:
It's https://colemakmods.github.io/ergonomic-mods/wide.html
It's moving the right hand keys one step to the right for a wider typing posture. The only thing that would need to be added to support this mod (which can be done on all layouts except dvorak with the exact same change) is a closing bracket ( ] and } ) key for the asdf row.

I normally use 40% but I have an HHKB layout keyboard and I want this set to become the set for that keyboard, since I think it needs one with more than 4 rows to look truly great :P However, I use the wide mod on there, so I would love this change, hopefully it is still possible!

Edit: I was looking at the kits again, thinking about using the set on my planck instead and noticed that there would be a key missing for me, can I request a second 1u shift for plancks? I doubt I'm the only one that would use one
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 October 2019, 12:42:33 by stoffelduss »

Offline Minterly

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 04:25:02 »
Heyy! I only see this now but it looks amazing! Would love to see more renders actually. I hope I'm not too late but are the kits finalized? There's something I want to suggest which has so far been overlooked in Colevrak kits but that I think would make a great amount of sense with these big Colevrak sets that support common Colemak mods like Backspace on Caps and the DHm mod etc:
It's https://colemakmods.github.io/ergonomic-mods/wide.html
It's moving the right hand keys one step to the right for a wider typing posture. The only thing that would need to be added to support this mod (which can be done on all layouts except dvorak with the exact same change) is a closing bracket ( ] and } ) key for the asdf row.

I normally use 40% but I have an HHKB layout keyboard and I want this set to become the set for that keyboard, since I think it needs one with more than 4 rows to look truly great :P However, I use the wide mod on there, so I would love this change, hopefully it is still possible!

Edit: I was looking at the kits again, thinking about using the set on my planck instead and noticed that there would be a key missing for me, can I request a second 1u shift for plancks? I doubt I'm the only one that would use one

Hey! I'll see if the 1u shift can be added since it has been raised before but I don't think the Colevrak kit will be changed for now.

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | NOVEMBER 1ST
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 12:21:21 »
Pricing
US
EU
Asia
Oceania
CA
USD
EUR
CN
AUD
CAD
Alphas
?
?
?
60 - TKL ICON
?
?
?
40s/Ortho ICON
?
?
?
60 - TKL TEXT
?
?
?
40s/Ortho TEXT
?
?
?
Novelties
?
?
?
Numpad
?
?
?
UK
?
?
?
International
?
?
?
French
?
?
?
Colevrak
?
?
?
Ergodox
?
?
?

Pricing will be updated as other vendors provide me their numbers :)

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 13:13:56 »
Looks awesome!

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:06:42 »
I love how you included CA vendor <3

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:37:47 »
Wow, these prices are really good! I can't wait!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:55:51 »
I really like the ESC in the Tofu render, but I can't find it in any of the kits.  Do you plan to add it?

Sorry if this was asked/answered already.  I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Offline Minterly

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 17:25:32 »
I really like the ESC in the Tofu render, but I can't find it in any of the kits.  Do you plan to add it?

Show Image

Sorry if this was asked/answered already.  I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

It's in the novelties kit :)

Here is an R1 sample of how the accent cap will look (I'm asking for the base color to be modified to be lighter and more blue)

some dyesub examples

Offline Minterly

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 17:30:06 »
Forgot to include prices for other things...

Deskmat
900mm x 400mm: 17$
675mm x 300mm: 14$

Cables
Two colors: teal on teal + dark purple, grey shimmer on lavender, with the option of a coil (+15$). Samples photos coming soon.
Connector: mini, micro, c
Length: 3ft, 5ft
18$ - 36$

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 19:03:27 »

Show Image

It's in the novelties kit :)

Here is an R1 sample of how the accent cap will look (I'm asking for the base color to be modified to be lighter and more blue)

Show Image

some dyesub examples

Show Image

Oh, false alarm.  To me the ESC novelty's legend in the Tofu render is the darker R2 base color.  Whereas in the Novelty kit image, the legend is the lighter R3 base color.  This overlay shows what I mean.  Anyway, I'm glad there is no missing keycap.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 17:56:54 »
@Minterly there's a mistake in French kit
The "? ß" should be "° )"
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Minterly

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 14:03:03 »
@Minterly there's a mistake in French kit
The "? ß" should be "° )"

It's an outdated flatlay! I've just forgotten to update but the images that the vendors are using will be correct - let me update real quick.

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 14:10:04 »
Day One Giveaway

As we're ramping up into the last hours before the start of Eternal group buy, I'm happy to announce a day one giveaway available to all orders across all vendors within the first 24 hours (give or take) of GB running.

One individual will win:
- EXCLUSIVE @lividitycaps Eternal Puppeteer artisan (only ONE of these made)
- @cruzctrlcables teal Eternal coiled cable
- Eternal stickers and pins

Depending on numbers, possibility for more winners 👀

Offline Minterly

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | NOVEMBER 1ST - Day One Giveaway
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 14:23:07 »
Oops, I forgot to mention again that extra tab key has been added to the 60-TKL kits and an extra 1u shift key has been added to the 40s + ortho kits.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 14:43:36 »
Day One Giveaway

As we're ramping up into the last hours before the start of Eternal group buy, I'm happy to announce a day one giveaway available to all orders across all vendors within the first 24 hours (give or take) of GB running.

One individual will win:

Is this per order or per kit? I'm planning on buying multiple kits, but would like to know if I should separate them to up my chances

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 15:20:21 »
Really excited for this GB, definitely going to be a day 1 purchase! Would also love to get the purple knob for the S75 to match... any suggestions for this? :D

Offline Minterly

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 16:19:52 »
Is this per order or per kit? I'm planning on buying multiple kits, but would like to know if I should separate them to up my chances

per order! (altho not sure if it's worth it to separate purchase into multiple kits... haha)

Really excited for this GB, definitely going to be a day 1 purchase! Would also love to get the purple knob for the S75 to match... any suggestions for this? :D

I'm working on it with Abec13!

Offline Tranq

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 22:24:56 »
Day One Giveaway

One individual will win:

How do you enter the giveaway once we purchase?

Offline Minterly

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 01:51:55 »

Auto entered! :)

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 02:29:20 »

I'm working on it with Abec13!
[/quote]

You're the best  :)

Offline Adelscott

Re: [IC] KAT Eternal | LIVE
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 03:21:55 »

It's live everywhere but in Europe. Are you sure it's on https://mykeyboard.eu/ ?
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 06:59:35 »

It's live everywhere but in Europe. Are you sure it's on https://mykeyboard.eu/ ?

It's up now. Just was a little later than the others  ;)

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 08:28:26 »
Kindred players are a bunch of dirty furries

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 08:33:34 »
I'm not a fan of gradient sets usually but the whole package here (with desk mat + cable) works really well

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 11:07:41 »
Know nothing about League really. But these colors look great, as does the profile.

Just ordered the set on MKB.eu, figured I'd check in here as well. So I'm auto entered into the giveaway?

Just checking; the TKL kit comes with "Standard" 6,25U enters right? Since it is specified on the Ortho set but not on TKL.

Now if only the Novelties contained 1,5U R1 keys for my Race 3 that'd be awesome... But it's probably time to hunt for some 1,5U of compatible height.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 November 2019, 11:22:05 by MadBinton »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 11:22:03 »
Know nothing about League really.
The only thing you need to know about League is that the only good thing that has come from that game is this keycap set

Offline Minterly

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 15:38:56 »
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all the input and feedback.

Here is the GB thread so let's continue discussions there!