Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 649669 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #900 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 23:59:16 »
The gt86 with about 50 more horses would be a perfect car to buy and keep stock.

Exactly.  Maybe we'll get lucky and see a new trim or STi version with the second-gen that's coming.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:02:46 »

rip wallet
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #902 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:04:11 »
Show Image

rip wallet

I always get happy when I see people buying suspension components. :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #903 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:05:04 »
Show Image

rip wallet

Yeah, I'll have to pick up some new springs and stuff later

and yea demik I'm dropping it like 1"

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #904 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:30:07 »
Show Image

rip wallet

Me too.  As long as you don't go overboard, your car will feel better and better.  My friends used to laugh at me when I dumped a bunch of money on suspension for my truck - they stopped laughing when I beat them autocrossing (all the while having to hook my arm out the window to keep from sliding across the bench seat  :thumb:). 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #905 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:46:12 »
Me too.  As long as you don't go overboard, your car will feel better and better.  My friends used to laugh at me when I dumped a bunch of money on suspension for my truck - they stopped laughing when I beat them autocrossing (all the while having to hook my arm out the window to keep from sliding across the bench seat  :thumb:).

Unfortunately, too many people dismiss suspension and pour their resources into trying to attain ever higher horsepower figures.  At the end of the day, though, that means jack **** if you can't put the power to the ground properly.  Plus, it's just so damn interesting.  Tuning your wheels and suspension setup correctly isn't as easy as people think and it's so personal.  Definitely my favorite part of car modding, I think. 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #906 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 05:14:56 »
This is the first time Ford have ever sold a Mustang in RHD. While I told myself I would never buy another Ford, I would be tempted by the new Mustang for real.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 05:43:20 »
Show Image

rip wallet

Yeah, I'll have to pick up some new springs and stuff later

and yea demik I'm dropping it like 1"

Going to ride better and look better
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #908 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 05:57:44 »
Apparently we're getting the new Mustang down here :eek:

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-mustang
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #909 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:23:12 »
Problem with both the Mustang and the Camaro is...I want the GT or SS and there goes my MPG along with my wallet. :(  I drive way too much for either to be a 'smart' purchase. :))

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:46:19 »
Mpg be damned

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:51:21 »
Mpg be damned

Thanks for volunteering to pay for my gas. :-*

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:53:13 »
If you want mpg get one of those shoe looking scion cars lol

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #913 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:55:36 »
If you want MGP get a TDI. I love driving the wifes.

If they had a Golf R trim but with the TDI motor and a more aggressive tune that would be the way to go. I love my Evo but the 22mpg gets old.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #914 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 07:16:06 »
Golf GTI and Golf R were also a few others I was considering.  I really miss all my Evo's. :( 

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #915 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 07:20:39 »
Diesel.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #916 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:24:32 »
I heard the newer crate vw tdi engines are pretty cheap. I think when I have the money I might do a tdi swap in my mk1 rabbit.
we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:45:33 »

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #918 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:18:05 »
Doing a swap on a blown altima... Usdm goes, jdm goes in, why are there two thermostats on both?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #919 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:46:24 »
I believe two thermostats in parallel is for increasing volume/flow while two in series is designed to stop a sudden rush of coolant to the motor.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #920 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:59:41 »
What is the difference between the USDM and JDM Altima motors?

I mean I guess I could Google it, but the years/codes vary.

Prepping the little update for the wife's wagon. Lugs arrived yesterday, springs arrived today, wheels come tomorrow!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #921 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:04:01 »
If you want MGP get a TDI. I love driving the wifes.

If they had a Golf R trim but with the TDI motor and a more aggressive tune that would be the way to go. I love my Evo but the 22mpg gets old.

I love my maxima, but 18 city gets old AF when all I drive is city .... lol

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #922 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:05:42 »
Show Image

rip wallet

This is for Sent. Buried back in the earlier posts. The motor in this car is stock, the suspension however, is not  >:D

It’s a math equation, you go wider width you go narrower profile, you go bigger wheel (from a 17 to 18) the numbers change. It has to be the same diameter wheel regardless of size/width to keep the speedo accurate and braking performance to OEM specs.
Anyway couple pics, I didn't take many, wish I would have but heat+pollen+fustration=screw photos. Taking the control arms out and replacing the ball joint and bushings, then getting them back in was one of the harder things I've done. My dad was in town for the week, was a good father/son project. We've done nuttier stuff haha.

The machine put 2010, but its a 2014, same car different head unit heh. The before was 100% F'ed, the toe was so bad due to the Whiteline Roll Center kit install just driving it over there felt dangerous. I was stressed that something was wrong with the pillowmounts because the steering was so amazingly bad.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

And more
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66590.msg1736446#msg1736446
Full shots, I only went a tiny bit lower with the coils. Massive speedbump on the gate entry at work, don't want to scrape, I do have to angle it now.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66590.msg1693245#msg1693245

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:09:28 by Psybin »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #923 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:18:15 »
You have good taste, Psy.  I had the same setup for a bit.  Those are the Road and Tracks, right?  And Jesus, dude.  Your initial toe was terrifying. :))  Loving the NT03's, too.  I had some back RPF1's that I absolutely adored.  Do you track the car?  Those Ohlins really shine when you're pushing it to the limit.

Edit: Just tried looking for some photos of my full setup but can't find 'em.  I really need to start taking more photos of everything.  I did find two random photos during my part out, though.  Front shot and then a pic of my big-ass diffuser.  I miss that thing. :(

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:27:31 by Sent »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #924 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:25:09 »
Apparently we're getting the new Mustang down here :eek:

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/new-mustang

You have Utes you don't need anything else.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:28:48 »
Wow nice, you had a whole different bumper. And DAT diffuser..   :thumb:
The Bulletproof people are the only legit importers of the Do-Luck. I wanted one but the wait was months and months.

Thanks Sent! Yup those are the R&Ts, the car feels just, perfect, it's hard to describe.

The initial toe was off so much because of the roll center kit, had to pull the control arms and tie rod ends. I thought the top hats were bound up because of the way the steering was so absolutely F'ed. The NGP place is less than 5 miles from me and it was a sketchy 5 lol.

It took me a month to pick out the wheels. The NT03's either look really great, or really bad depending on the offset. I went with the 9.5 instead of the 10 for width because the offsets were friendlier and I didn’t need my rear fenders rolled.  They are 18X9.5 27 offset on 5mm spacers so 22 offset with 265/35/18 Continental DWS. I had to go with an all season because we get some crappy weather here. Ended up losing 1.5lb per corner which is pretty good considering the factory set up was 18x8.5 +38 245/40/18. I almost pulled the trigger on some RFP1s, they are so nice and light and come in perfect offsets for the Evo but I've always loved the NT03 look.

I haven't done any motor mods. I really feel the car is fast enough and after having a slew of fast/modified cars I really enjoy driving something quick that is really quiet. I should do some upper and lower pipes, intercooler, intake, and get a pro-tune one of these days, from what I hear I'd pick up some MPG. I just don’t want it any louder.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:31:00 by Psybin »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #926 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:44:39 »
Agreed.  Having a legit suspension setup is worlds of difference.  I think I had the same issue when I first installed my Works roll center kit.  It really screwed with the geometry in a bad bad way, lol.  Did you corner balance, by the way?  If you haven't, I really recommend it.  If you think your car is good now...

As for wheels, you're definitely right.  Offset is key.  For a street car, that's a really nice size.  I went pretty aggressive on mine.  18 x 10.5 +22 wrapped in some 275/35 all around.  I used to run NT05's since I had a partial sponsorship which was a good thing since the tread life on those things is abysmal.  Ran some Gram Lights for the streets and TE37's on the track.  Paired with a JRZ suspension, the specs weren't exactly in line with factory but my car had so many other mods that it became a matter of tweaking for the tracks each time I went out. 

Stock, the car is definitely quick.  Plus, once you start tearing into the motor, things always tend to spiral and suddenly you wind up with way more power than you originally planned for. :)) You should tune, though.  You do pick up some MPG and with those bolt-ons you mentioned, it shouldn't be any louder.  Oh, and the Bulletproof guys?  I just had lunch with Ben (owner) the other day.  My Evo and my friend's were the demo ones they used in the US for a bit for the Varis and Do-Luck stuff. 

Bonus shot of my Do-Luck trunk.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #927 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:50:38 »
Ha! That’s awesome you are tight with that shop, they have a lot of amazing parts.

I borrowed some cargo scales from work and tried but it was super-hot when I was doing the install and we were both pretty burnt out. The weights were pretty close as it was.  I would need to do it with someone who has done it before and with scales that all connected to a central brain, these were all independent which made it harder.

Man your car was hooked up, must have been a blast. Someday when I have my housing situation fixed (need something bigger than a townhouse) I'd like to get a cheap play car for track days. The Evo now has to get me 20 miles one way to work four days a week so I cant do anything bonkers to it. It is paid off though =)

I live close'ish to CBRD who are in PA and are a renown tuner, I just need to pull the trigger on some parts and time. 

What are you driving now?

And DAT ASS

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #928 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:15:41 »
Just a suggestion but if you do make another go at corner balancing it, see if you can find someone else to do it while you're sitting in your driver's seat (if you weren't already doing this). 

The daily driver is a definite must if you start mucking around in the motor.  Having a beater to well, beat on, is so nice, haha.  I've never dealt specifically with CBRD but I have heard good things about them.  I'll have to keep track of your car build now, too. :thumb: 

I'm driving an Audi A4 now.  I got tired of driving the Evo around in SoCal traffic.  The cage and harnesses also made it a terrible daily driver. :rolleyes:  My lease is almost up, though.  I've been trying to figure out what I want to jump into next. :eek:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #929 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:23:58 »
Just a suggestion but if you do make another go at corner balancing it, see if you can find someone else to do it while you're sitting in your driver's seat (if you weren't already doing this). 

The daily driver is a definite must if you start mucking around in the motor.  Having a beater to well, beat on, is so nice, haha.  I've never dealt specifically with CBRD but I have heard good things about them.  I'll have to keep track of your car build now, too. :thumb: 

I'm driving an Audi A4 now.  I got tired of driving the Evo around in SoCal traffic.  The cage and harnesses also made it a terrible daily driver. :rolleyes:  My lease is almost up, though.  I've been trying to figure out what I want to jump into next. :eek:

Maybe one of these?  435i M-Sport
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #930 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:29:39 »
I go against the grain when it comes to BMW's.  I hate them. :-X  The only one I like is the E46.  It's not so much the motor or handling or anything.  I just cannot stand their interior layout and design.  It's also impossible for me to find a comfortable seating position.  It's weird, I know.  People always give me a hard time but I despise their cars, haha.

The front runner right now is the Golf R or Audi S3.  I'm also really interested in the new Camaro SS coming out.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #931 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:34:20 »
After driving some bigger cars I'm totally sold on staying on the compact market. I had a manual TL-S for a while and it just felt too big. Ended up hating it after a year.

Depending on your budget one of those smaller one series BMWs would be sweet.

My next will be a Tesla Model 3 and probably not until the second or third year. If I was forced into new vehicle today I would probably look into a TDI something even though I really don't like FWD. My wife has a 15 Golf SportWagen and that car is just so nice to drive. Feels like driving a six cylinder most of the time. 

If used I'd hunt down an older STI. Even though I hate the interior but the power to weight is so close to the Evo I can deal with the less sophisticated drivetrain and enjoy the cheaper insurance. My 06 STI was $50 a month; the Evo is $100 a month. Chicks are less impressed with the Japanese AWD Turbo cars than new luxury German rides like the Audi or above BWM though hah. The Legacy Spec B would be a good in-between.

Edit, you posted while I was responding. The A3s are auto only. I really like the way they look though. It would be a toss up between that and the Golf R. I don't know how well the AWD system is with the VW's. I know the last R had some "meh" reviews about the drivetrain.

Maybe a A3 TDI with some nice coilovers, wheels, and a tune.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:37:34 by Psybin »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #932 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:46:29 »
Psy, you're my new best friend.  I, too, had a manual TL-S that I boosted.  I hated it.  That car...damn.  The only saving grace was the navigation, imo.  I loved that unit but everything else needed to burn.  You also hate FWD.  Yes, this is the way it should be.  AWD is the one true God.

The thing with my next car is...I want boost, AWD, and power but I'm not too keen on going back to manual.  If I had a dedicated track car, then yeah...manual for sure.  The S3 and Golf R I test drove were both loads of fun.  They're definitely lacking that knife-like edge I miss but for a car with a nice interior and comfy streetability, it's hard to beat them for me.  The AWD system isn't as sophisticated on the VW but it's still damn good.  It'll suffice. :p

Grabbing an A3 TDI isn't a bad thought, either.  It's not one I had really entertained but it'd definitely save me money.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #933 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:21:29 »
Wow how did the TL-S handle being boosted?  I'd be worried about the transmission. That had the weirdest feeling manual gearbox I've ever driven.  Mine liked to pop out of third gear, the GM synchromesh fluid  and removing that check value helped.

I had my STI and sold it and just had my n/a Saab 9-2x and was tired of having such a slow car with miserable MPG so I found the TL-S online. After much back and forth with the owner I flew out to pick it up, it was an 08 with the six speed and 26k on the clock. I'd always loved the look of the car, they do have a fantastic design aesthetically and it was a great highway car, but any surface street driving it just felt like a hippo. They should come with a warning sticker on the dash that just says UNDERSTEEEEEEER.  It was my attempt at having a grown up car. I had it for 16 months before I traded it in on the Evolution. I didn’t bother doing anything to it other than maintenance and  swap the crappy tires out that it had. Lost money overall on that deal, was a stupid mistake.

The A3 TDI might be the way to go if you are going to buy. You could turn it into a S-TDI with some of the S line trim parts and get it tuned with some bolt ons and you'd be on par or higher than a Golf R power wise, but still get really good MPG and have something very unique. That TDI motor could be a torque monster.  Just the ARP Stage one tune puts you at nearly 300 torque.  I don’t know what a few bolt-ons and a proper tune would be, probably gets nutty power quick. I'd seriously be considering one if I could get one with a manual gearbox.

Plus a Golf R is still a Golf, the A3 will have an era of luxury the VW wouldn’t have, to other non-car people anyway. If I was a single guy that would be the way to go, especially for shallow females haha.

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tdi.html

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #934 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:49:28 »
Long story short with the TL-S.  Went through two clutches and rebuilt the tranny one and a half times in a year.  Combination of too much power along with just...a bad chassis and that inherent understeer made it hell.  No matter how much tuning we tried to do, it just drove like ****.  Still, like you said, it looks damn nice.

The thing with Audi's is, at least for me, the base trim is sort of meh.  In the A3, it's really not all that great and I'd rather jump into an Autobahn package GTi.  Maybe I'm spoiled with my current A4 since it's literally loaded with every single option available (was a chance deal that I got really lucky on) but anything other than Prestige trim is missing some stuff for me.  I know I wouldn't be satisfied.  And the way the pricing works out, if I got an A3 that I would be happy with, I'm nearly there at an S3 at that point.  I've already talked to a few dealerships about it and been crunching numbers.  Unfortunately, I'm really picky and just have some specific boxes/options that I want ticked. 

Whichever car I get, though, it'll get a stage one tune.  That's why I have in my A4 now.  Poly bushings, sways with S-Line and Sport, grippier tires, bolt ons, and tune.  It's not bad by any stretch but at the end of the day, you can still tell that it's just a sedan, not even a sports sedan.  That's really what I want - something already decently potent out of the factory.  If money wasn't a concern, I'd just grab a Premium Plus S3 and call it a day.  That car reminds me of a grown up Evo.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 06:12:22 »
Wow, that’s a lot of transmission work.
The TL-S are very pretty cars, just not very functional. If it was a compact and not a mid-sized it would have been a keeper, I think.

I've never owned an Audi. My wife has always had VW's and I'm familiar with them through her. She had a 2001 Jetta when we meet, ended up with a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI which was totaled by some a-hole running a red light. She ended up with a 2014 GTI and honestly, I did not like that car at all. It sounded nice but going from that to the Evo anytime I wanted and comparatively it was just numb, thirsty, and just meh. I wasn’t ever impressed with it. Maybe if it was a manual. She traded it in on the new TDI wagon and that vehicle is far superior. Both of us quietly hated that GTI. (and the water housing cracked at 10k miles, and multiple trips to the dealer to fix the side single that decided to stop working)

The Audis get so expensive so quickly, I could see how hard it would be to get everything you reasonably want and stay within a budget constraint.

Screw it, do another lease and wait for the compact Tesla! Haha I hope that is a sports sedan, I really want to get on that electric bandwagon.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 06:17:59 by Psybin »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 06:37:55 »
Damn, surprised you didn't like the GTi.  Then again, going from an Evo with a proper suspension set up to most cars is kind of sad face all ova tha place.  Lol.  You spoil yourself at some point with anything and then that just makes it so much harder when you have to take the next step.  I'm sure keyboards are the same way. :))  I might just grab another lease and see if I can wrangle a good deal on an S3 or a new Camaro SS.  Change it up and go for some of that good 'ol fashioned displacement.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #937 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 07:00:26 »
The GTI was a nice car, but in my mind if I'm going to get 23-24 mpg I might as well do it in an Evo (which gets closer to 20-22)  I know the interior sucks, well the dash does anyway, and the gearbox is a little wacky sometimes, but it was SO much more connected than the GTI and that was before I did the Ohlins, sways, RCK, bushings. After I did all that driving the GTI was like driving a minivan. Plus the GTI attracted a lot of douches on the road, much more than the Evolution does, you'd think it would be the other way around but wasn’t. The TDI wagon feels nearly as quick and is basically invisible on the road.

I haven’t looked at the Camaro SS's. I'm just not a fan of bigger sized cars. I can appreciate them I just wouldn’t want to own one for a long period of time. If stupid MD didn’t make people pay sales tax on used vehicles I'd do something different every year though. There are so many cars I'd love to try for six months or so, then sell and try something else.

Pretty awesome video on the Camaro Z28

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #938 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:02:48 »
I'm pretty excited to see the new camaro, and miata...
Camaro is supposed to be 200lbs lighter than the current chassis.
And the miata, well that can be a killer track car

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:25:27 »
One of our clients bought himself a callaway z28, car is a beast. Whole house rumbles when he turns it on. Sadly, he has so many damn cars he doesn't really use it.

Oh to be filthy rich.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #940 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:48:02 »
I want money... And a 5 car garage...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:13:17 »
Holy **** coilovers are expensive. With all the money I have free right now I could probably pay for installation though. so I got that goin for me

which is nice

hell yea free shipping
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:17:27 by hwood34 »

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #942 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:42:14 »
Holy **** coilovers are expensive. With all the money I have free right now I could probably pay for installation though. so I got that goin for me

which is nice

Show Image

hell yea free shipping
That's nothing compared to the kws I want for my sky

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #943 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:55:50 »
i 100% support your move to mustang

+1

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #944 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:26:20 »
Coils may be expensive but the right ones are more than worth it.  $1400 isn't too bad.  Once you start looking at Ohlins, JRZ's, and higher-ranged AST's...that's when your wallet starts getting raped like there's no tomorrow.  Still, 99% of people don't need mono tubes, external reservoirs/remote canisters, and progressive blow off.  But, if you buy some coils with those features, it's impossible to go back and every other suspension will feel like crap. :))

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #945 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:38:55 »
Alright... Before I post this.... There were no cars coming after the van had passed... This was also in mexico.
https://vine.co/v/enLXzBtmDIh

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #946 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:57:37 »
Am I missing something?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:58:29 »
Am I missing something?

The mini drift/slide when he turned?  I think?

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #948 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:59:44 »
Sideways, but like in an open diff, I said that because I was expecting flak about me doing stupid **** on the road lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #949 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:04:27 »
Am I missing something?

The mini drift/slide when he turned?  I think?

Ah. So a left turn in an open road.

What part of Mexico?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:06:41 by demik »