Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 649482 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #1700 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:49:02 »

How does this sound?

Been looking for a nice OEM+ exhaust for my W124.036. ^-^

I like how it has the V8 grumble without being too over the top, and looks just like the original exhaust.

That actually sounds really nice, I do love the low bassy roars of V8s. It does sound quite similar. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1701 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 17:47:03 »
That actually sounds really nice, I do love the low bassy roars of V8s. It does sound quite similar. :thumb:

Haha, yeah I think I like it too. I just have to decide whether to go with catted or catless. I wouldn't be using it as a daily driver, so catless would probably be cooler, if it isn't too loud. :)

The W124 E500 Limited will be landing in a few weeks from now. :D

It took me almost an entire year to secure one, but I'm really excited to be getting it. It's the facelifted version, but otherwise same internals as the ones from the Taxi movie. Another one to scratch off the list of dream cars. :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1702 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:10:42 »
Haha, yeah I think I like it too. I just have to decide whether to go with catted or catless. I wouldn't be using it as a daily driver, so catless would probably be cooler, if it isn't too loud. :)

Catless could get pretty damn loud haha, the only bad part is when you're driving through a neighborhood late at night. Since it isn't your daily I'd probably go catless as well :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #1703 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:16:14 »

It took me almost an entire year to secure one, but I'm really excited to be getting it. It's the facelifted version, but otherwise same internals as the ones from the Taxi movie. Another one to scratch off the list of dream cars. :)
Dude!  What movie is that?!?  Lovely clip!  I'd love to see the full thing, even if the plot is cheese.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1704 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 03:06:17 »

It took me almost an entire year to secure one, but I'm really excited to be getting it. It's the facelifted version, but otherwise same internals as the ones from the Taxi movie (1998). Another one to scratch off the list of dream cars. :)
Dude!  What movie is that?!?  Lovely clip!  I'd love to see the full thing, even if the plot is cheese.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1705 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:01:47 »

It took me almost an entire year to secure one, but I'm really excited to be getting it. It's the facelifted version, but otherwise same internals as the ones from the Taxi movie (1998). Another one to scratch off the list of dream cars. :)

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1706 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:19:35 »
All these quotes... And no answers...

But it is from the 1998 version of the film "Taxi"
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:21:41 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1707 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 05:10:55 »

lol.  I didn't think the answer was going to be that easy.  I thought the reference to 'taxi' was a slang for a much longer or completely different name how 2f2f refers to 2 fast 2 furious, etc.  :-[

Seems like a really cool flick.  Will have to check it out sometime.  :cool:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1708 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 09:24:40 »

lol.  I didn't think the answer was going to be that easy.  I thought the reference to 'taxi' was a slang for a much longer or completely different name how 2f2f refers to 2 fast 2 furious, etc.  :-[

Seems like a really cool flick.  Will have to check it out sometime.  :cool:

It's in german, just so you know. It did spawn a few sequels as well. Just don't watch the 2004 version with Queen Latifah in...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1709 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 13:49:02 »

It's in german, just so you know. It did spawn a few sequels as well. Just don't watch the 2004 version with Queen Latifah in...

You mean you don't like the 2004 Taxi over the 1998 original? :P

Also, I believe it's in French, as it is a fully French film, and has a pretty big following in some parts of the world.

The Moscow W124 E500/500E crowd loves it lol, and love to drive around recklessly just like in the film (and pedestrians recognize the cars).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1710 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:54:51 »

Also, I believe it's in French, as it is a fully French film, and has a pretty big following in some parts of the world.

The Moscow W124 E500/500E crowd loves it lol, and love to drive around recklessly just like in the film (and pedestrians recognize the cars).

Ah yeah, French, sorry.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1711 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 05:13:56 »
Taxi movies are indeed very popular here.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Connly33

« Reply #1712 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 07:27:40 »
Being 20 i haven't had to many cars, though i'm soon to have my grandparents 91 Toyota gen 2 MR-2 that they are the original owners of, nothing amazing. but it is a really fun car to drive being mid engine with all of the weight on the rear wheel's. 550K miles on it original engine with nothing but maintenance and basic repairs, the most involved being a head gasket replacement. It's getting a partial top end rebuild before i drive it down in the spring. I'm semi tempted to do some kind of engine swap with how many miles are on it, i want to bring it from 128 HP ( it feels like much much more in such a light car :p) to the mid 200's or so, maybe a turbo 4A-GZE or a camry V6. Mainly for reliability because i really love the car but the engine is definitely nearing a point where its going to need a lot of work. But another part of me wants to put the effort into rebuilding the engine and keep everything as stock as possible as it has never seen a single aftermarket part in it's entire life.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline JiveMasterT

« Reply #1713 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 09:29:54 »
Whoa. It has half of a million miles on it?

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #1714 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:14:52 »
Being 20 i haven't had to many cars, though i'm soon to have my grandparents 91 Toyota gen 2 MR-2 that they are the original owners of, nothing amazing. but it is a really fun car to drive being mid engine with all of the weight on the rear wheel's. 550K miles on it original engine with nothing but maintenance and basic repairs, the most involved being a head gasket replacement. It's getting a partial top end rebuild before i drive it down in the spring. I'm semi tempted to do some kind of engine swap with how many miles are on it, i want to bring it from 128 HP ( it feels like much much more in such a light car :p) to the mid 200's or so, maybe a turbo 4A-GZE or a camry V6. Mainly for reliability because i really love the car but the engine is definitely nearing a point where its going to need a lot of work. But another part of me wants to put the effort into rebuilding the engine and keep everything as stock as possible as it has never seen a single aftermarket part in it's entire life.

Fellow MR2 owner here, although I have a first gen Supercharged. That's a nice looking car, well maintained older Toyotas truly do last forever. Before you read below let me get my negative nancy out of the way: Doing the swap will cost you over $4k (More than the car is currently worth) AND it will take a longer time to complete unless you manage to get all the parts and everything works right the first time (You might miss your spring deadline).

As far as the swap goes 4agze is not an option if you're looking to be over 200hp reliably. I've actually never even heard of one in a second gen. The 2 best options are the engine from the MR2 Turbo (3SGTE) or like you mentioned the V6. When it comes to V6s there are two options, the 1MZFE and the 2GRFE. I would go with the 2GR as it makes more power when stock and is also the one currently used by Lotus in the Evora. You should read up info on what is need to swap either or in.

The 3SGTE from the MR2 Turbo will require a lot less work to swap but the engine itself is a bit more expensive and everyone I know who had one has blown it up at least once. These engines are a bit riskier buy because they usually come from another MR2 or a Celica, and they ALWAYS get beat on. So if you do go this route make sure you get the engine and trans from a reliable seller.

Anyways those are my two cents. If you aren't a member over at MR2oc.com you should really stop by and look at other peoples builds as well as post your own if you decide to go through with it.

I personally would go with the V6 swap. You can always turbo that for even more power if you feel you need it  :thumb:

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Connly33

« Reply #1715 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:10:46 »
Thank you for the two cents, it's nice to hear back from someone that acctually knows about mr2's. Ill definitely have to look at the site. And what's involved in the different swap's, i've had a few people suggest the V6 swap so far. And have heard a lot of good things about it being relatively simple. Though i will probably wait awhile and look into what exactly is involved, not to mention i need to wait until i move so that i dont have to worry about going against my rental lease for working on a car in my garage ._., but that's a different story.

To me it is definitely worth the time and money if i end up with it being reliable in the end. Aside from the engine, and a little interior work I want to keep it pretty much stock looking. I really like the first and second gen MR-2's, and the enthusiast community around them is really cool too. It's unfortunate that at least around me it's really rare to see one in good shape, all of the first gens are in scrap yard's... aside from a few really well maintained ones.  And the second gens are in the hands of highschool kids that thrash them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:23:03 by Connly33 »

Offline Connly33

« Reply #1716 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 21:13:04 »
Whoa. It has half of a million miles on it?

Yes, but its hard to tell from the way it looks, and it still runs pretty good for the time being, beleive it or not it has the factory original clutch in it....

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #1717 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 22:08:33 »
Yes, but its hard to tell from the way it looks, and it still runs pretty good for the time being, beleive it or not it has the factory original clutch in it....

Holy crap original clutch?! That can't be right, 500k is A LOT of driving. You'd have to have never beat on it, rev matched every shift and babied it off the line for the past 20+ years of driving. Either it's on like its second or 3rd clutch or whatever is in there has to be totally wasted. If true, that is freaking impressive.

Thank you for the two cents, it's nice to hear back from someone that acctually knows about mr2's. Ill definitely have to look at the site. And what's involved in the different swap's, i've had a few people suggest the V6 swap so far. And have heard a lot of good things about it being relatively simple. Though i will probably wait awhile and look into what exactly is involved, not to mention i need to wait until i move so that i dont have to worry about going against my rental lease for working on a car in my garage ._., but that's a different story.

To me it is definitely worth the time and money if i end up with it being reliable in the end. Aside from the engine, and a little interior work I want to keep it pretty much stock looking. I really like the first and second gen MR-2's, and the enthusiast community around them is really cool too. It's unfortunate that at least around me it's really rare to see one in good shape, all of the first gens are in scrap yard's... aside from a few really well maintained ones.  And the second gens are in the hands of highschool kids that thrash them.

Yea. I've owned a pair of Mk1s and I really do love them over Mk2 and Mk3s (I actually don't fit in the Spyder at all). The community is alright, unfortunately it's slowly dying with less and less cars on the road. What I love about the car is that the people that know what they are get really excited to see one since they are not all that common, so you feel like a mini celebrity (It also happens in my first gen Honda Insight oddly enough). A clean 2nd gen with a V6 will definitely have car people turning their head. Anyways, sounds like you have the right mental approach for this swap, so hopefully you can get it done soon!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Connly33

« Reply #1718 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 22:54:57 »

Holy crap original clutch?! That can't be right, 500k is A LOT of driving. You'd have to have never beat on it, rev matched every shift and babied it off the line for the past 20+ years of driving. Either it's on like its second or 3rd clutch or whatever is in there has to be totally wasted. If true, that is freaking impressive.

Yea. I've owned a pair of Mk1s and I really do love them over Mk2 and Mk3s (I actually don't fit in the Spyder at all). The community is alright, unfortunately it's slowly dying with less and less cars on the road. What I love about the car is that the people that know what they are get really excited to see one since they are not all that common, so you feel like a mini celebrity (It also happens in my first gen Honda Insight oddly enough). A clean 2nd gen with a V6 will definitely have car people turning their head. Anyways, sounds like you have the right mental approach for this swap, so hopefully you can get it done soon!

I really cant believe it, but that is how my grandparents are with there car's, the only time its been pushed at all is once or twice on a trip through arizona on a really long straight rode, according to my grandmother she had it up to 120 full out, though it was only 4 years old at the time. 70% of the 500K is highway commuting in 5th gear. Ive gone through all of the service history they have, which includes everything down to the receipt's for fuses. And i cant see anything having to do with the clutch or any work done to the transmission aside from oil changes now and then. I have to say it doesn't feel to bad either.... but i wont know until i pull it apart.

I know i get excited whenever i see an MR2 in good shape, and i cant wait to get my hands on this one. Thank you for the encouragement.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1719 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 00:49:10 »

Ah yeah, French, sorry.
That Russian video is pretty interesting.  A v8 rumble sounds good in any language.  :thumb:  I had no idea the Jimmy Fallon version was a remake of anything.  I thought it was just a silly movie like the ones Jimmy Fallon is usually in.
Congrats on the mr2!  I love the idea of building it up reliably and keeping it close to stock.  That car will probably be worth 30k in another 20 years if you can keep it in that condition since all the others get molested as you've mentioned.

Offline vyshane

« Reply #1720 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 08:54:12 »
Got a new toy :) Will be keeping it stock. Planning to spend my money on getting track instruction instead.

121064-0

I cross shopped the BRZ with the new ND MX-5. Test drove both twice and it was a tough choice. However, I had an NC MX-5 in the past and decided that I wanted something different this time.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #1721 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:46:35 »
Do not forget to watch Ronin if you haven't already and want good car chase scenes.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1722 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:18:03 »

so close to 5k after 7 months
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #1723 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:29:33 »
Show Image

wtb

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1724 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:32:25 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1725 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:32:29 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1726 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:33:39 »

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1727 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:39:05 »
wtb mileage!  :'( although dat ST is sexified

HHKBGOD, just add the rest in sharpie ;)

it's true, i think i'll die IN the car long before i ever think to get rid of it

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1728 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:40:30 »
next car, hhkbgod. promise!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1729 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:41:07 »
And sell the Mini??

LOL

She's gonna die before ditching that car.

Good.

it's true, i think i'll die IN the car long before i ever think to get rid of it

Good.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1730 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:47:47 »

And sell the Mini??

LOL

Good.

Good.

And I'll ditch my car before I die in it, butttttt then she may kill me

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1731 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:48:56 »
And sell the Mini??

LOL

Good.

Good.

Death for ditching Mini?

Does she know I've already ditched a Mini?  :eek:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1732 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:49:41 »

And sell the Mini??

LOL

Good.

Good.

Death for ditching Mini?

SHHH! YOU'LL BE DEAD!

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1733 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:02:28 »

And sell the Mini??

LOL

Good.

Good.

Death for ditching Mini?

SHHH! YOU'LL BE DEAD!

I forgive you because at least it's not a 3series ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1734 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:06:03 »

What does this even mean tho

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1735 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:32:10 »

the joke

Hoffs head

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1736 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:51:17 »

the joke

Hoffs head

Why would it be funny if I did or did not formerly own a 3series?  :|

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1737 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 14:38:04 »
So after months of research,  I'll be coming to a decision for a new car.
Which Subaru is the question :)). Unless some last minute test drive sways me towards another brand.

Leaning towards a Forester and while that  makes me want to go XT, that's like WRX price territory.
Probably would go for the 2.5 engine Forester, then.

I test drove an Impreza but was not too crazy about it.
Not a fan of the Legacy 15/16 design, but maybe I'll consider I can find older models.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1738 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 14:59:20 »
Which Subaru is the question :)). Unless some last minute test drive sways me towards another brand.

Leaning towards a Forester and while that  makes me want to go XT, that's like WRX price territory.

Not a fan of the Legacy 15/16 design, but maybe I'll consider I can find older models.

Sori, if you ever consider something that's from 1990 or earlier, perhaps a more classic Subaru, send me a PM and I would be happy to listen and discuss what you're looking for.

There are lots of well-priced and clean Japanese cars (both LHD and RHD) that have been properly maintained and have relatively low mileages that you could potentially consider.

You could even consider something like a R32 GT-R, Audi S4, or some other AWD cars if they are more to your tastes. :)

I have been developing a business around my hobby as an automotive enthusiast and specialist in classic European and Japanese cars, and am capable of finding, exporting, and importing any car in Japan (JDM, German, Italian) to any country, including Canada, US, UK, and NZ for example, as long as the car corresponds with the import regulations of each country (import regulations are 15 years or older for Canada, and 25 years or older for US), and would be happy to help. Personally have already exported and imported 4 cars for myself, and would love to help others realize their automotive dreams as well.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2015, 15:06:38 by Karura »

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1739 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 15:11:19 »

Sori, if you ever consider something that's from 1990 or earlier, perhaps a more classic Subaru, send me a PM and I would be happy to listen and discuss what you're looking for.

There are lots of well-priced and clean Japanese cars (both LHD and RHD) that have been properly maintained and have relatively low mileages that you could potentially consider.

You could even consider something like a R32 GT-R, Audi S4, or some other AWD cars if they are more to your tastes. :)

I have been developing a business around my hobby as an automotive enthusiast and specialist in classic European and Japanese cars, and am capable of finding, exporting, and importing any car in Japan (JDM, German, Italian) to any country, including Canada, US, UK, and NZ for example, as long as the car corresponds with the import regulations of each country (import regulations are 15 years or older for Canada, and 25 years or older for US), and would be happy to help. Personally have already exported and imported 4 cars for myself, and would love to help others realize their automotive dreams as well.

Cheers

I... This is really amazing  :eek:
I'll definitely give you a message when I'm out of the office.

Thank you!!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1740 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:55:36 »

you can find some of the '04 Foz XTs for pretty cheap. mpg isn't going to be very good though...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline JiveMasterT

« Reply #1741 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 23:37:36 »
Honestly unless you need the power I would just get a regular NA Foz. Any reason you don't want to get an older WRX wagon or hatch?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1742 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 06:48:42 »

you can find some of the '04 Foz XTs for pretty cheap. mpg isn't going to be very good though...

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. And the newer models seemed to cost so much since they hold their value.

Honestly unless you need the power I would just get a regular NA Foz. Any reason you don't want to get an older WRX wagon or hatch?

Yeah, I agree on that. Reason I didn't look at some older models is because of some bad experiences I had with some used cars, I was just going to buy a new car this time around for the reliability as a commuter car.

That being said, I may just get a "pure" commuter compact and wait until I can buy a car I actually like.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1743 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:41:54 »
Got a new toy :) Will be keeping it stock. Planning to spend my money on getting track instruction instead.

(Attachment Link)

I cross shopped the BRZ with the new ND MX-5. Test drove both twice and it was a tough choice. However, I had an NC MX-5 in the past and decided that I wanted something different this time.
Nice choice!  I haven't driven one myself yet, but sitting in one was really, really nice. 
Do not forget to watch Ronin if you haven't already and want good car chase scenes.
Yep!  Already on my list.  :thumb:
Show Image

Time flies when you're having fun.  :thumb:

One of the cars I have always wanted was an older Legacy, I think 08-09.  My friend bought one for his now ex-wife and it was really nice and still had a lot of the fun factor since it basically had the sti powerplant in it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1744 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 15:48:19 »
Just got some beaded seat covers. I love them so much :D

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1745 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 09:29:26 »

I've always wondered about these. It seems like it would hurt to sit on after a while, is that not the case?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1746 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 09:49:30 »

I've always wondered about these. It seems like it would hurt to sit on after a while, is that not the case?

No, they are actually quite big, but quite close together so you can't actually feel that they are separate beads digging into your back/ass. They are nice and cool to sit in as well.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1747 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 10:00:54 »

No, they are actually quite big, but quite close together so you can't actually feel that they are separate beads digging into your back/ass. They are nice and cool to sit in as well.

Oh nice! I should look into something like this because my seat gets ridiculously uncomfortable after an hour or 2 of driving

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1748 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 10:02:51 »

Oh nice! I should look into something like this because my seat gets ridiculously uncomfortable after an hour or 2 of driving

Got mine for £20 off Amazon too. They came with this bit of white string attached about halfway down to attach them to the headrests which looked really weird. So I just put my own bit of string just under the head rest and now it doesn't look like they are attached at all with the head rests down. I will take a picture when I get home later.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1749 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 11:02:02 »

Got mine for £20 off Amazon too. They came with this bit of white string attached about halfway down to attach them to the headrests which looked really weird. So I just put my own bit of string just under the head rest and now it doesn't look like they are attached at all with the head rests down. I will take a picture when I get home later.

My Uber driver this morning had those beaded seat covers, it wasn't bad! Hard to really relax because most of the trip I was fearing for my life, but now I see what you mean  :thumb: