Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2698411 times)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #8050 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 05:40:31 »
BRORRIVAL!... a few hours after getting the tracking link xD

Show Image

INSIDE PLEASE
WHICH SALE?
OMG Y IM SO HYPE

Mod Edit: Removed personal information.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:00:15 by infiniti »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #8051 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 05:43:28 »
its my first  bro... frightened to open it... maybe ill open it in a few hours or so...

btw: low sodium sale

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8052 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 05:52:13 »
its my first  bro... frightened to open it... maybe ill open it in a few hours or so...

btw: low sodium sale
It's ok, I think I'm gonna pee myself a little when I receive mine
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #8053 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 05:59:04 »

album: http://imgur.com/a/Soamj

sorry for potato shots... have no better options -.- and its pretty hard to show all the different colours of that cap
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 06:25:18 by Peddamann »

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #8054 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 07:00:11 »
BRORRIVAL!... a few hours after getting the tracking link xD

Show Image

That's really really fast! :eek:

Mod Edit: Removed personal information.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:00:40 by infiniti »
| ISO |

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #8055 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 08:54:02 »
maybe with warp spede
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8056 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:25:39 »
Please god I need a t least one v1 reaper and its so damn beautiful dammit bro moist doesn't begin to describe haha straight snail trail ****  :eek:

Okay I just caught up on 2 months and 25 pages of therapy, and I just had to remind everyone of this.   :))

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8057 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:48:29 »
Please god I need a t least one v1 reaper and its so damn beautiful dammit bro moist doesn't begin to describe haha straight snail trail ****  :eek:

Okay I just caught up on 2 months and 25 pages of therapy, and I just had to remind everyone of this.   :))

did sed ever get a reaper?
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8058 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:55:11 »

did sed ever get a reaper?
never found the Pharoh.... :)) persistence and good karma !!! I figure I stick to those and its just a matter of time 8)

I did get a reaper though thank you aznair !
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 10:56:47 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8059 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 12:21:01 »

Straight snail trail... Comment gold right here!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8060 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 12:53:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

album: http://imgur.com/a/Soamj

sorry for potato shots... have no better options -.- and its pretty hard to show all the different colours of that cap

Doesn't matter how many of these are posted, they're all slightly different - it's great!  Congrats on your first :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8061 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:15:25 »
I just checked my tracking for the probably the 50th time and it has actually updated!  About 20 hours ago my package was still in LA  :'( :'(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #8062 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:19:54 »
xD guess karma owed me for ****ing with me about the krap key im still waiting for...
(4 weeks now)

but i have to admit that this was the fastest shupping of an artisan i ever had ;D thx again bro

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8063 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:29:26 »
Suicidal the wait will just make the moment your postal carrier delivers a Brofist stamped package full of Bro's resinous love straight into your sweaty and shaking hands all the sweeter  :eek:

Seriously though I hope you get it soon orange as they are some of his best work.... a physical byproduct of bros earthly love for us and our keyboards  :))
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #8064 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:01:14 »
Suicidal the wait will just make the moment your postal carrier delivers a Brofist stamped package full of Bro's resinous love straight into your sweaty and shaking hands all the sweeter  :eek:

Seriously though I hope you get it soon orange as they are some of his best work.... a physical byproduct of bros earthly love for us and our keyboards  :))

amen

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #8065 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:20:03 »

Have you been studying Elricks hype posts, sed?! :D

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #8066 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:34:10 »
Checking in for therapy not because I didn't win on the cosmos sale, but because Canada Post are holding out on me. Their incompetence is truly baffling given the rates they charge! Watching people in Europe get their Bros before someone just north of the 49th parallel drives me crazy every time these sales happen. I don't understand how people in the UK and Germany are opening packages before someone on the same continent. haha. Now I'll shut up.  :-X
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8067 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:35:21 »
Checking in for therapy not because I didn't win on the cosmos sale, but because Canada Post are holding out on me. Their incompetence is truly baffling given the rates they charge! Watching people in Europe get their Bros before someone just north of the 49th parallel drives me crazy every time these sales happen. I don't understand how people in the UK and Germany are opening packages before someone on the same continent. haha. Now I'll shut up.  :-X

I just got mine today (and still no tracking number), there's still hope!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8068 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:47:15 »

Have you been studying Elricks hype posts, sed?! :D

I believe she has :))  I am seriously excited to see what's in this box and this hype-post did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm! 

Just checked tracking again, four hours ago it "arrived" - in LA >:D  :'(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8069 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:43:27 »
Just got a package with the bro logo on the front. They've finally reached me down under!

So busy at work that I'll have to wait until the afternoon to open it, I can't hardly wait goddammmm

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8070 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:46:23 »
Just got a package with the bro logo on the front. They've finally reached me down under!

So busy at work that I'll have to wait until the afternoon to open it, I can't hardly wait goddammmm

Ooh good, that means mine's probably not far behind :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8071 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:50:03 »

Is yours from the low sodium or cosmos sale?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8072 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:36:29 »

Is yours from the low sodium or cosmos sale?

Cosmos :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #8073 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 13:04:03 »
Anyone got it in UK yet?
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8074 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 13:43:48 »
Anyone got it in UK yet?

No but USPS tracking says my package has departed from Heathrow at 1:59PM - not sure if that's supposed to be US time or local.  It does not say it ever arrived there, and Royal Mail are still denying all knowledge...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8075 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 04:49:18 »
I had a very strange dream last night regarding BroCaps;

I got a package from Bro that was super heavy, inside was a single cap and a stack of random black cd's in assorted unlabelled jewl cases. The cap was triple shot, the base was Miami Pink, on the top of the cap was a line drawing of the world in grey. Over laying this image was a line drawing of a skull with a snake weaved around it in Miami teal. It looked ****ing epic and came in a tyangular box adorned with a Lego star.
On the blank discs where various BroCaps style tee's that Bro had mocked up along with random logo's and drawings he had done of the v2 and Reaper caps.

Was hella boss and hella confusing as to why he sent me this package, then I woke up...

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8076 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 05:00:57 »

I got a package from Bro that was super heavy, inside was a single cap and a stack of random black cd's in assorted unlabelled jewl cases. The cap was triple shot, the base was Miami Pink, on the top of the cap was a line drawing of the world in grey. Over laying this image was a line drawing of a skull with a snake weaved around it in Miami teal. It looked ****ing epic and came in a tyangular box adorned with a Lego star.
On the blank discs where various BroCaps style tee's that Bro had mocked up along with random logo's and drawings he had done of the v2 and Reaper caps.

Was hella boss and hella confusing as to why he sent me this package, then I woke up...
dude you crazy :p

Maybe its a omen of things to come like when you get the miami whatever :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8077 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 05:03:13 »
Low sodium sale already reached Malaysia. Good luck guys.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8078 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 05:54:53 »
I had a very strange wet dream last night about BroCaps;

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8079 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 10:17:35 »

Bee be like "only every night"
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #8080 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:06:59 »
Bro delivered! My very first bro set + I'm so stoked = #broked.

More in the Bro Caps Gallery here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41053.msg1809676#msg1809676
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:09:17 by retrochick »

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline minTea

« Reply #8081 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:14:07 »

Lol wet bro dream, what an experience that much have been  :eek:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8082 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 02:19:50 »

Nothing strange about a wet dream about BroCaps ;)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8083 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 02:52:43 »
An hour ago my package left the sorting office for delivery :D

I could have walked there and collected in 5 mins but the Saturday postman doesn't usually get here 'til 11 (2 hours time) and I have to go out then.  Hopefully the rain spurs him on to get home and dry off sooner rather than depressing him, else I won't get to see what I got until Monday after work :-X
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8084 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 03:42:10 »

Nothing strange about a wet dream about BroCaps ;)

Wet dreams about Bro's caps is fine. Wet dreams about Bro Caps, though, I am not so sure  :rolleyes:

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #8085 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 03:52:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

I would sacrifice my firstborn for this set!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8086 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 04:59:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Man I love that trans blue on the far left.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8087 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 19:49:26 »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Tetriswizard

« Reply #8088 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 01:43:05 »
Seeing all these cosmos caps really hurts after missing out on the 5 I won.
Bunny, why do you do this to me...

Check my mixtape, fam.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8089 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 02:14:44 »

How do you win 5 and still miss out, did you forget to pay? :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8090 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 05:43:37 »
I thought mine might arrive today, but nope.  Not yet.

Offline Tetriswizard

« Reply #8091 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:06:14 »

Couldn't pay. Price jacked from $181 to $260...

Check my mixtape, fam.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #8092 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:08:37 »

There is definitely more to this story.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8093 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:12:28 »

I concur.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8094 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:13:39 »

Exchange rates? Shipping? Accidental generous donation?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #8095 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:14:52 »

That's what I was thinking, but I would like to hear from Tetris on this.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8096 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:18:23 »

That's my assumption, when i got my first bro from a sale the price of shipping+currency exchange made the cap cost enough that i probably wouldn't had of bought it if i had properly thought things through.

Edit: i'm pretty sure this is the case because i looked up the current currency conversion on xe.com and 181USD is 247.49AUD and paypal's rates aren't always the best along with shipping i assume.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:21:00 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8097 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:23:41 »

That's my assumption, when i got my first bro from a sale the price of shipping+currency exchange made the cap cost enough that i probably wouldn't had of bought it if i had properly thought things through.

Yeah, that was exactly my position with this sale. If I didn't get such a well timed bonus at work and if I wasn't so ecstatic about winning, I would have thought twice about dropping the money for 5 plastic caps + shipping + donation, all converted to AUD.

However I knew that if I didn't get them I'd be in deep depression once all the pictures in the gallery thread started showing up.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8098 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:34:23 »
More

Yeah, that was exactly my position with this sale. If I didn't get such a well timed bonus at work and if I wasn't so ecstatic about winning, I would have thought twice about dropping the money for 5 plastic caps + shipping + donation, all converted to AUD.

However I knew that if I didn't get them I'd be in deep depression once all the pictures in the gallery thread started showing up.

That's pretty much how it was for me too (except the well time bonus lol), i actually won a spot of dibs as well so i also felt even more obligated to buy a cap XD
I'm glad things worked out for you. It was a great purchase IMO cause these Cosmos bros are really something because these colorways really lead to one off caps unlike solid color bro's
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8099 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 10:54:06 »

the story is this

he got in to the cosmos sale

he selected to win up to 5 bros

he didnt pay within deadline

he contacted me after deadline, to say he couldnt pay, he gave me 2 options, that he could pay for 2 now, or could pay for them all shortly

as our policy, we dont alter tickets after the fact, so lowering his ticket to 2 bots isnt something i would do, i did however offer him an even longer payment extension, and then also left the invoice live for 2 days longer than i said i would to give him a chance

he did not contact me again until today

as for the difference in price he mentions

i believe this was due to an exchange rate between usd and australian dollars he wasnt prepared for
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON