Author Topic: [GB] Sisi R2 Artisan Box  (Read 90645 times)

Offline shuangmu

Re: [GB] Sisi R2 Artisan Box
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 00:38:13 »
Update: The factory has recently resumed work. I am waiting for more updates from them. thank you for waiting <3
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 09:16:02 »
Update: The factory has recently resumed work. I am waiting for more updates from them. thank you for waiting <3

Sweet! I am patiently (more like anxiously...) waiting for tracking info. Thanks for updates, as usual Shuangmu

Offline nevillesidhu

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 17:53:58 »
Got mine the other day and just got around to opening it and putting some artisans in it... For some reason taller caps like SA and DOM dont fit and even some gengar caps I have that are made to be a match to gmk set are too tall. Thats a real bummer...

Oh no! That's a big oof.

Nope, they cant fit SA or DOM... and also cant fit some taller artisans like the mutated Gengars I have. Thats a big let down, I was hoping I could but all my artisans in one big tray but it not fitting taller caps is a let down.. I wonder if they took that into consideration when designing it. If I had known that, I wouldnt have bought it. That was a waste of a couple hundred bucks..

Offline nevillesidhu

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 17:55:23 »

Sweet! I am patiently (more like anxiously...) waiting for tracking info. Thanks for updates, as usual Shuangmu

Was the tray designed too not fit taller artisans like SA and anything over gmk profile... Really a let down..

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 20:37:38 »

Was the tray designed too not fit taller artisans like SA and anything over gmk profile... Really a let down..

Yeah, sorry for this. Because most of the Artisan I like are not too high. In R1, I considered the SA height. But after long-term use. I hate some Artisan tumbling in the box. So I made a lower version. I apologize for no better explanation. If there is R3 in the future, I might reconsider this. But if you really don't like it. You can sell it on the market.
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline nevillesidhu

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 21:14:57 »

Yeah, sorry for this. Because most of the Artisan I like are not too high. In R1, I considered the SA height. But after long-term use. I hate some Artisan tumbling in the box. So I made a lower version. I apologize for no better explanation. If there is R3 in the future, I might reconsider this. But if you really don't like it. You can sell it on the market.

OK, thanks for the reply. Yeah its a bummer but I can deal with it. Can always sell it, like you said..

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 21:21:48 »

OK, thanks for the reply. Yeah its a bummer but I can deal with it. Can always sell it, like you said..

Sorry for not satisfying you. I will improve in the future
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 00:37:22 »
did artisan raffle happen?
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Alice | TGR Police | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | OTD Mini | Matrix 2.0 OG Pink | Lin Dolinger RE (Polycarbonate) | Lin Dolphin |

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #258 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:58:06 »
So, I received mine today and it looks great! However, it seems that the magnets installed on the extra UV blocking lid are installed with the wrong polarity. At least I think its the UV blocking lid since it has a gray tint on the edges.

Also while I was writing this I noticed that one of the magnets already came loose from the other lid... I took it off and noticed it was missing. It was stuck to a magnet on the case lol. I can just glue it back on... didn't think it would happen so soon though.

After it came loose, could you see whether it was glued or friction-fit? If it were the latter, at least that'd be a bit of a hope you could change the polarity accordingly to match.

The magnets on the lid are glued. The fitment is tight, but not tight enough to prevent them from falling out. A second magnet just fell out of that one lid. The adhesive doesn't appear to be holding up well. I'll see if some trusty super glue will work.

That said, since the adhesive appears to be weak, I can probably get the magnets out of the lid that has them installed the wrong way and flip them.

Thanks for the info! I might mess around with my magnets at some point...

Update: super glue is doing a good job of holding the magnets that fell out. However, I can't get the magnets installed in my UV lid out (seems that they did a better job of applying the glue on that one :p). So it's looking like I won't be able to fix this: http://imgur.com/a/3Bstm6f

I already sent this to shuangmu.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 March 2021, 19:09:24 by nu_types »

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 18:55:34 »
did artisan raffle happen?

not yet. When all boxes are shipped. I will do artisan raffle
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 18:56:08 »
So, I received mine today and it looks great! However, it seems that the magnets installed on the extra UV blocking lid are installed with the wrong polarity. At least I think its the UV blocking lid since it has a gray tint on the edges.

Also while I was writing this I noticed that one of the magnets already came loose from the other lid... I took it off and noticed it was missing. It was stuck to a magnet on the case lol. I can just glue it back on... didn't think it would happen so soon though.

After it came loose, could you see whether it was glued or friction-fit? If it were the latter, at least that'd be a bit of a hope you could change the polarity accordingly to match.

The magnets on the lid are glued. The fitment is tight, but not tight enough to prevent them from falling out. A second magnet just fell out of that one lid. The adhesive doesn't appear to be holding up well. I'll see if some trusty super glue will work.

That said, since the adhesive appears to be weak, I can probably get the magnets out of the lid that has them installed the wrong way and flip them.

Thanks for the info! I might mess around with my magnets at some point...

Update: super glue is doing a good job of holding the magnets thag fell out. However, I can't get the magnets installed in my UV lid out (seems that they did a better job of applying the glue on that one :p). So it's looking like I won't be able to fix this: http://imgur.com/a/3Bstm6f

I already sent this to shuangmu.

Thank you. If you find this problem. Please give me a PM

Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline hnaeht

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 02:06:38 »

Awesome! thank you for the update and all the work! hope they will be ready and shipped out from factory soon!

Offline Sundowning

• Slime Scholar Caps
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 21:46:55 »
hey homie, I still haven't gotten any notices or anything..

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 02:10:47 »
hey homie, I still haven't gotten any notices or anything..

not yet. When all boxes are shipped. I will do artisan raffle

Not all boxes have shipped yet, so it is normal you haven't received a notice for yours shipping out soon. I am sure he is doing everything in his power to have them shipped out asap.

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 13:07:25 »
Finally all set up!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline chowder266

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 03:32:04 »
Finally all set up!
Show Image

What do you use for the case? I need a recommendation for a stand

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 10:39:21 »
Finally all set up!
Show Image

Sorry for the bad pics. It's a tablet holder I got many years ago and couldn't figure out a use for till now.

On another note one of the magnets for the cover came out, any recommendations for a glue to fix it with.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 15:56:31 »
Anyone have tips on telling which acrylic top is UV-blocking and which isn't? I think the one that looks more "clear" from the side is the non-UV?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 19:08:46 »
Anyone have tips on telling which acrylic top is UV-blocking and which isn't? I think the one that looks more "clear" from the side is the non-UV?

Shine a UV light through both lids. One will block it, the other won't. If you don't have a UV light, you are doing artisans wrong.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 17:30:41 »
If you don't have a UV light, you are doing artisans wrong.

I've heard some weird gatekeeping in my day, but this is among the weirdest. Diff'rent strokes.

Offline zekth

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 17:45:30 »

I've heard some weird gatekeeping in my day, but this is among the weirdest. Diff'rent strokes.

I'd just add "No Bombking, No Respect"

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 19:46:59 »

The cheapest artisan I've bought is $11. My UV light cost $8. If you're posting in a thread for a $150 artisan case you kinda have no excuse. Gatekeeping isn't my intent but you're missing a huge aspect of your caps and doing a disservice to yourself.

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 22:11:15 »

The cheapest artisan I've bought is $11. My UV light cost $8. If you're posting in a thread for a $150 artisan case you kinda have no excuse. Gatekeeping isn't my intent but you're missing a huge aspect of your caps and doing a disservice to yourself.

I mean, I bought six sisi boxes so it's even worse than that.  It's just not what I'm interested in with artisans and think it's lame to tell other people that they're enjoying a niche hobby "wrong."

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 04:38:41 »

I mean, I bought six sisi boxes so it's even worse than that.  It's just not what I'm interested in with artisans and think it's lame to tell other people that they're enjoying a niche hobby "wrong."

You can rationalize spending $900 on display cases to look at resin but not $8 on a UV light to also look at resin? Hmm, well all I can say is I'm sorry I hurt your feelings personally. May our paths never cross at a meet up.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 04:54:35 »
Artisans, as is this hobby, is purely about preference. Can we agree to disagree on the necessity of a UV light? Yes, he might be missing out on some good UV reactive effects, does that change your appreciation of the hobby/your artisans? Is it necessary to make it that big a deal? Good lord...

Disclaimer: I do not own a UV light, might feel cute and get one later, I don't know. I'll do what I want.

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 16:16:53 »
Artisans, as is this hobby, is purely about preference. Can we agree to disagree on the necessity of a UV light? Yes, he might be missing out on some good UV reactive effects, does that change your appreciation of the hobby/your artisans? Is it necessary to make it that big a deal? Good lord...

Disclaimer: I do not own a UV light, might feel cute and get one later, I don't know. I'll do what I want.

x-actly. People like a bunch of different stuff. I'm happy for them. They're doing it right if they're having fun.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 21:45:49 »

LOL

You guys kill me.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline udller

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 19:13:18 »
is having a uv light like a real thing? i thought he was taking the piss. TIL.

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 21:21:23 »
is having a uv light like a real thing? i thought he was taking the piss. TIL.

I had one before I joined the hobby (got it on Amazon years ago for like $4), it's nice for checking out out glow/uv-reactive effects on caps. It's an interesting effect that basically remains unseen unless you take it out in the sun or have a UV light.

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 03:09:02 »
Update: Today I communicated with the factory again. All boxes will be completed in about 30 days. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for your understanding and support <3
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 21:25:40 »
Update: Today I communicated with the factory again. All boxes will be completed in about 30 days. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for your understanding and support <3

Thank you for update Shuangmu! Cant wait to receive mine, I have too many artisans at this point and I want to display them in this nice case! Excited to finally get that shipping notification.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 00:54:58 »
Finally all set up!
Show Image

Sorry for the bad pics. It's a tablet holder I got many years ago and couldn't figure out a use for till now.

On another note one of the magnets for the cover came out, any recommendations for a glue to fix it with.
Show Image
Show Image

I had two fall out of mine. Some good old super glue solved the problem. If you want a specific brand/type Loctite super glue ultra gel control is my go to.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 09:28:17 »
I had two fall out of mine. Some good old super glue solved the problem. If you want a specific brand/type Loctite super glue ultra gel control is my go to.

I don't have a recommendation yet, but one consideration is that you don't want a glue that expands when it cures if possible. 

Offline gt1989

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 08:50:38 »
Just received my tracking information, super excited.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Offline ogp3

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 14:45:26 »
damn i wasn't into artisans when this gb ran, but now i have fallen deep into the artisan rabbit-hole lol - sad to have missed out on these!

Offline victor_

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 02:04:54 »
Just received my tracking!!!  Ouh mamma!!! Thankssssss

Offline udller

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 19:05:56 »
got my tracking too. thank you shuangmu.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 09:38:05 »
Just got my tracking as well! I have my super glue ready if needed

Offline Mighty_Zero

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 07:42:52 »
Has anyone received their box lid with tons of scratches on it?
Mine has multiple scratches...

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 08:09:42 »
Has anyone received their box lid with tons of scratches on it?
Mine has multiple scratches...

If you receive the upper cover with multiple scratches. Please give me a PM. I will replace it   

(Btw is currently on a work trip, if you have any questions, please send me an email: 304314676@qq.com) I will come back to deal with everything in about 10 days <3   
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 07:41:46 »
FeelsBadMan  - I must be in the very last batch. Still waiting on that tracking. I have completely run out of room in both my (smaller) artisan cases I made... Need this Sisi case so badly!!

I am hoping there will be some good news for me soon.

Offline -bl1nk

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 13:29:35 »
FeelsBadMan  - I must be in the very last batch. Still waiting on that tracking. I have completely run out of room in both my (smaller) artisan cases I made... Need this Sisi case so badly!!

I'd expect it pretty soon. Mine just showed up today. For anyone curious, I didn't get any tracking until it arrived in the US and UPS picked it up, which was about 2 days ago.

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 20:33:11 »
Just got mine and it’s beautiful. Well packaged and no issues. My only problem is I should have ordered two.

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:31:27 »
Are they just showing up without tracking? I never got a tracking number and do not have the box yet.
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:01:53 »
got my boxes in - pretty happy with them other than one thing that's been mentioned a lot ITT

it is a real bummer that they have less vertical clearance than v1. here's my "leftover" box with stuff that physically did not fit + their family members and misc leftover caps:

after some testing, the following do not clear the lid:

• Binge Slofi, Grizzlekey
  • Nubb Dolly v1/v2 (v1 was close but just barely did not clear - maybe a topre/mx difference?)
  • Zorb templar
  • Booper bruce (not surprising), Booper amelia v1 (a little surprising, but it's a tall cap)
  • KeyKollectiv Meowcap v1 (also just barely did not clear)
  • Levelcaps N'yar

Also, of the six cases, one had a single magnet fall out during the initial opening. Will probably just superglue it. Overall the magnets are stronger than I want them to be but it's not a big deal, definitely less of a problem than the cap clearance issue.

Re: tracking: I had it through SF Express and it updated throughout the process.

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:17:42 »
The one thing I'll say about the low clearance is that it makes the boxes look sick from angles other than looking straight down. You can't really see stuff from the side with iceboxes because they're so deep. These boxes are sort of like watch dials that go right out to the edge with thin bezels making the dial look bigger than it actually is - the look is great.  I'd be really happy with these if I didn't have just enough older, taller caps to make splitting things between two types of box a little painful.

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 14:07:56 »
I see you didn’t have the problem of ordering too few cases!

Sick collection! Let me know if you decide to part with that Halloween Lola

Also felt the magnet strength was pretty strong. Took some elbow grease to get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline udller

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 10:15:19 »
looking at mine next to the r1 version, its alot sexier.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 10:16:38 »
Received mine yesterday, it's great.  :thumb:

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 11:50:25 »

I'd expect it pretty soon. Mine just showed up today. For anyone curious, I didn't get any tracking until it arrived in the US and UPS picked it up, which was about 2 days ago.

Well this is good to hear. I am waiting patiently.