Author Topic: [IC] Leafpad 3d printed numpad  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Gaul

[IC] Leafpad 3d printed numpad
« on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 08:45:19 »
''LEAFPAD'''

hi everyone, welcome to the interest check of my first project, '' LEAFPAD ''.
I am an Italian guy passionate about technology for as long as I can remember.
I finally managed to combine 2 of my greatest passions, namely 3d printing and mechanical keyboards, to create a project that could satisfy the other members of the community

‘’LEAFPAD’’ it’s an affordable trough hole kit with a pla 3d printed case.
 the name and the project is inspired by nature, to which I am very attached,i have loved nature since I was a child, the outings in the countryside with my parents, the meetings and friendships at the playground, the time spent helping my grandmother in the garden, the noises, the smells of spring, are sensations and moments that I bring in the heart and that made me the person I am now

the design also incorporates the somewhat clunky and rounded shape of the space cadet, which I personally love.

[[IC FORM]]

More photos of the final product and 3d renders:
https://imgur.com/JVniAIU

IT FEATURES:
-diy trough hole kit (to keep the cost down)
- rotary Encoder
-bottom mount case
-fr4 plate
-3d printed pla case with either a flat or 8 degree typing angle,possible  thanks to a magnetic riser

The kit will contain all the pieces necessary for the realization.

If this project were to like and go well, I would do a limited group buy to better manage everything

The price isn't final , but it will be around (40 euros)/ (48 dollars) .

Also , this is my first interest check so be kind with me

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 April 2021, 17:12:09 by Gaul »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Re: [IC] Leafpad 3d printed numpad
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 08:51:04 »
Interested!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 11:49:27 »
I really like the looks of this project, but personally I dont dig the PLA case design, why go with bezel that thick and with no bottom bezel? Also what would make this double the prize of the previously runned numpad with oled? Just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gaul

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 April 2021, 17:06:40 »
thanks for the reply, the feedback is always nice, I tell you right away that I will lower the price, also because I actually shot a little too high ...

precisely part of the price comes from the case printed in 3d, and being also a nice consistent print it costs more, I should reduce the infill and speed up the times more, instead regarding the design I did it on purpose very chunky to give it a more rounded and chubby aesthetics

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 02:55:26 »
I like the layout and love the silk screen on the plate. Looks super neat. Also not a big fan of the case, though, to be honest. I think the plate would go really well with an acrylic case, leaving the leaves visible through transparent (or tinted) acrylic top layers.

40€ for a numpad with a case does not sound too bat do me, though, if the quality is there.

Offline Gaul

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 07:32:15 »
Thanks to you too for the feedback, regarding the acrylic, it's a good idea, I'll try to design something simpler trying to integrate it well with the design, I'll keep you updated.

Offline Tomn

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 20:07:41 »
Looks like a fun project!

Offline Fe

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 09:26:12 »
Have you considered doing an FR4 sandwich version with the leaf pattern on the base as well?