Author Topic: (IC) GMK Fox - GB is LIVE!!!  (Read 73745 times)

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) GMK Fox
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 10:16:21 »
Dope. Who doesn't like fox's? (even after that awful music video.. that shall not be named.)
 Desk mat's are awesome, but the eyes on the fox in the middle one look a little off.
Agreed. I like the mats but those eyes are giving me weird feelings.

Hi! Is it all of the eyes or just Desk Mat 2? I have heard a few people mention that one and was going to update it to hopefully reduce some of the weird creepiness some people are feeling but was curious if it was only that one  ;D

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 10:20:57 »
Extremely lovely! Earthy, soft and cute. Really brings the feeling of the outdoors to your desk while also keeping it cozy. Deskmats 1 and 3 especially are phenomenal in my opinion. Very cute aesthetic that feels more natural than "kawaii" like we are used to seeing. This set is as refreshing as the outdoors and animals it portrays. Well done!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. I do love the smooshy cuteness of kawaii, but my personal aesthetic is way more natural and had wanted to give people that option.
Also, just to fangirl for a second, i bought Rainy Day not just for the beautiful colorway but because I loved the inspiration and way you presented the IC. That definitely had a heavy influence on how I presented Fox.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 10:22:27 »
I'd actually prefer a dark alpha OVER the light mod, but either way I'm good.

I agree ^^

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Stay tuned for IC form updates - I will be adding a dark alpha question. If there's enough interest I can add that kit. :)

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 10:26:27 »
Got a real winner here, Juniper the Fox's owner would even like this set  :D
Thank you! This makes my heart so happy. I absolutely LOVE Juni and the whole crew (Fig, IMHO, is one of the greatest creatures on earth). They were definitely inspirations for this set. <3

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 14:30:19 »
Nice set with neat colors. However I would like to advise caution regarding the alternate modifiers kit. It'll be very expensive (probably around 89$ or 99$ mark at MOQ100) and will have difficulties reaching said MOQ. Additionally, the price of the novelties kit also suffers very much from having to carry a lot more keys. I'd ballpark the current variation at around 69$ GB pricing. Spacebars is also rather big, and I would remove the modifier colored bars at least, the remaining kit should be doable at around 35$.

Hope this doesn't come across as too criticizing, just my 2 cents as I see new designers being too ambitious often times and creating expansive sets that are having troubles hitting MOQ's and wish that you are able to avoid that here.

Best wishes for the IC and hopefully eventual GB!

Thank you so much for this! It is super helpful for thinking through the process and I'm trying to sponge everything I can from successful veterans like you. Kitting is (obviously) the most difficult part of this for me: trying to get everyone what they want/need while also trying to keep the costs in the realm of reality. I just want to make everyone happy which I realize most likely isn't possible! It was kind of that choice between give everything in giant kits or break it down to a ton of smaller kits. I kind of said "screw it" and went giant (go big or go home, right?) but that may end up being an issue - being my first kit I'm learning a ton on the fly and I assume this will be part of that (hopefully not so painful) learning curve haha. Once I start talking to vendors the kitting may change some, but I really appreciate your feedback. :)

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 15:19:44 »
This set looks so great! GLWIC!  :thumb:

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 15:56:40 »
Set looks nice, love the desk mats GLWIC!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 20:08:16 »
I forgot, you HAVE to ad a fox head novelty key, something like the "fox racing" logo.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 02:10:51 »
I WANNA COP THIS SO BAD! Great job, GMK FOX!  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 02:36:28 »
Damn. I love this so much. I knew blues and oranges went well together, but combo is much more pleasing to the eyes.

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 06:16:14 »
Everything here is great:

1. Rich base kit!
2. Wonderful MINT theme
3. Alt-Mod Kit
4. Amazing Space Bar Kit

WOW. Nice, thank you and GLWGB! :)

Offline I.Hiyori

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 07:41:01 »
I’m sold.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 08:14:18 »
I really really like it. Really, but somehow I have locked myself into the NorDe world. I just don't like all the brackets next to the enter where my åöä's would be, and I need to know where my secondaries and tertiaries are in the number row. :( I really hope this does well, it looks like a great project to me. Maybe I need a fox deskmat at least? /Johannes

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 09:30:57 »
NOVELTIES ARE FIRE! Count me in.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 10:20:08 »
Cute
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline praystashion

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:28:20 »
Really pretty! No chance of ISO-NorDeUk?
Either way I'm sure it will be a best-seller!

Offline Lenux

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 02:23:05 »
Okay i love this set will get in ! GLWIC !!

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Offline Hyphen

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 03:07:41 »
The only criticism I have is that I agree with Oblotzky regarding kit sizes and MOQ. But apart from that this is an absolutely gorgeous colourway, something I am definitely picking up without hesitation. A Canadian vendor, please!

Offline Learis

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 23:18:37 »
This set is really pretty. It gives off a peaceful refreshing vibe to it. Hope it does well!
Mend and Defend

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 00:22:16 »
Thank you! This makes my heart so happy. I absolutely LOVE Juni and the whole crew (Fig, IMHO, is one of the greatest creatures on earth). They were definitely inspirations for this set. <3

Give her a shout-out, maybe she'll join the GB!  :thumb:

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 01:27:06 »
This looks real good

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 03:45:27 »
Deskmat foxes are such derps

Love the set

Offline Congree

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 05:09:18 »
Why no ISO novelties? :(

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:38:11 »
I really really like it. Really, but somehow I have locked myself into the NorDe world. I just don't like all the brackets next to the enter where my åöä's would be, and I need to know where my secondaries and tertiaries are in the number row. :( I really hope this does well, it looks like a great project to me. Maybe I need a fox deskmat at least? /Johannes
Hi! I appreciate your kind words :) I am going to update my IC form sometime next week to see how much interest there is in a NorDE kit. Sadly I fear that it wouldn't hit MOQ, but I'd love to gather the data just in case.
And no one can ever have too many desk mats, right?;)

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:43:19 »
The only criticism I have is that I agree with Oblotzky regarding kit sizes and MOQ. But apart from that this is an absolutely gorgeous colourway, something I am definitely picking up without hesitation. A Canadian vendor, please!
Hi! Thank you very much for your interest :) Yeah, the kitting was the hardest part, especially this being my first set (hopefully it gets easier!). My thought process is trying to get the most people the ability to use the base kit and then they have the option to buy additional kits, rather than forcing the point. But I will be adding some IC form questions next week and as I start talking to vendors getting some feedback from them, so the kitting may change with new info. I do hope to still be able to deliver a chonky base kit that satisfies the majority of people and still hit MOQ!

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:46:39 »

Give her a shout-out, maybe she'll join the GB!  :thumb:
I took your advice and tagged both Save A Fox and Juniper on IG :) I have no idea if either will see it, but if they do hopefully it at least elicits a smile!

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:51:12 »
Hi! Which novelties do you think I'm missing and/or what would you like to see? None of these kits are finalized yet so if there's something specific I can look at what I have and possibly adjust.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:54:41 »
Really pretty! No chance of ISO-NorDeUk?
Either way I'm sure it will be a best-seller!
Hi! Thank you so much! Stay tuned - next week I'm adding new IC form questions and will specifically be gathering data on NorDE interest. If there looks to be enough to make MOQ, I can certainly add it. :)

Offline violeaf

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:11:27 »
Hi! Which novelties do you think I'm missing and/or what would you like to see? None of these kits are finalized yet so if there's something specific I can look at what I have and possibly adjust.

Just speaking for myself but I'd love to see a fox silhouette of some sort for the ISO enter, like one of these. It has such a great real estate for creativity  :D

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:17:16 »

Just speaking for myself but I'd love to see a fox silhouette of some sort for the ISO enter, like one of these. It has such a great real estate for creativity  :D
Hi! I can add a question regarding ISO enter novelty interest and adding that to the novelty kit when I update my IC form next week! Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Congree

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:20:37 »

Hi! I can add a question regarding ISO enter novelty interest and adding that to the novelty kit when I update my IC form next week! Thanks for the feedback!
+1 for the fox silhouette. Or some cute little foxes. Is just sad the the ISO’s are empty and the ANSI enter has cute designs I really hope you can add some cute designs for ISO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:38:56 »

+1 for the fox silhouette. Or some cute little foxes. Is just sad the the ISO’s are empty and the ANSI enter has cute designs I really hope you can add some cute designs for ISO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally understood! I hate excluding anyone and would love to be able to make sure ISO is covered too. Once I get some feedback from my form update I can adjust if there's enough interest.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 09:25:37 »
fantastic set, definitely in.

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 17:50:02 »
THIS IS SUCH A COP. RESERVED
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Havattack

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:43:52 »
Every time i stop by to check this thread out, i leave feeling.. calm. Such a cozy set.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:56:01 »
Every time i stop by to check this thread out, i leave feeling.. calm. Such a cozy set.
Oh man I really appreciate that. That's precisely what I wanted to go for! I'm so glad that resonates with you :)

Offline darzzy

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - UPDATED IC FORM
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 20:05:25 »
I love foxes, so I had to check out this set. The color scheme is definitely unique, and the orange caps provide a good contrast to the blue caps. Keep up the good work :D.

Offline Owl

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 20:29:10 »
Love the update. I think I just have to get this at this point lol. Again, very well done!

Offline orim23

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 14:48:13 »
Macro set for a moss zenith?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 08:29:05 »
I missed botanical, so I'm all in for this set.
If you would like to collab on metal artisan, hit me up!

Offline Schmack

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:33:18 »
Hyped for this one, really nice set and a noble cause :)

Offline koolaidpapa

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:47:24 »
Mother of God spacebar kit I love it!

Offline Schmack

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 22:29:49 »
Really like this set!  :thumb:

Offline Gengar

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 02:50:12 »
Absolutely love that little fox on the desk mat. The brown is unexpected, but maybe it will grow on me. Nice work!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 05:38:21 »
Always happy to fill in a well-formatted new IC form with quality survey questions.
Great progress so far!

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - VENDORS & GB ANNOUNCED
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 11:35:52 »
VENDORS AND GB DATE ANNOUNCED!! :D

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 11:54:40 »
VENDORS AND GB DATE ANNOUNCED!! :D

AAAAAAA but that means I have time to save money for this set lol

Offline Havattack

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 13:52:00 »
Good choice on the GB date. I, or at least my wallet, is not at all pleased with a dozen GBs i want in on, all happening in February.

Offline Congree

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 14:31:45 »
So will there be ISO novelties in the end?

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 15:43:52 »
Good choice on the GB date. I, or at least my wallet, is not at all pleased with a dozen GBs i want in on, all happening in February.
I've only been in this hobby for like 4-5 months and my wallet is dead at this point