Author Topic: (IC) GMK Fox - GB is LIVE!!!  (Read 73407 times)

Offline kight

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - VENDORS & GB ANNOUNCED
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 16:44:12 »
The RAL for the alphas seems less saturated than what's in the renders, is that expected? Set looks great though!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 18:17:17 »
Good choice on the GB date. I, or at least my wallet, is not at all pleased with a dozen GBs i want in on, all happening in February.
I've only been in this hobby for like 4-5 months and my wallet is dead at this point
My addiction started with gmk hammerhead back in july 2020.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 20:06:08 »
Good choice on the GB date. I, or at least my wallet, is not at all pleased with a dozen GBs i want in on, all happening in February.
I've only been in this hobby for like 4-5 months and my wallet is dead at this point
Did you go dark or light?
Just manged to order one of the Hammerhead extras (Dark) off of Clack a day ago. Bummed i didn't get a novelty pack though. Maybe I'll manage to pick an extra up of that when the kits finally ship. Did you hear there expected to ship out in August now!? Ducking covid crap.
My hobby started around the same time, with Yuri and Laser. I was satisfied with just the keycaps for like 3-4 or months, now i'm into the stupid GB keyboards now too... sigh.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 20:28:50 »
What's our chances of a Rama Acorn or other Rama? Happy to buy direct from Rama if it comes to that.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 00:36:44 »
The RAL for the alphas seems less saturated than what's in the renders, is that expected? Set looks great though!

This is also my concern. Really like the all alpha cw, but renders look way too saturated compared to the RAL.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 00:46:46 »

This is also my concern. Really like the all alpha cw, but renders look way too saturated compared to the RAL.

The renders currently in the thread are out of date and using 180 80 10 for the alpha color, NOT 180 80 05 as listed in the thread. Until Bone&Bee updates the thread with the new renders, here's a quick preview:

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 01:07:44 »
Holy geez, I REALLY LIKE THIS!

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 05:37:01 »
Can't wait for this one!  ;D

Offline Gnome

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 09:13:22 »
The new renders looks so good! I was also a bit concerned with first renders because the alphas were super mint colored and more towards the cool color temperature, which im not a big fan of.
Like the new alphas so much more, makes it easier to pair with boards or match with other sets without making it look out of place!
Goodjob on this. Definitely picking it up a long with a deskmat  :D

Offline holer

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 03:04:44 »
The new renders looks so good! I was also a bit concerned with first renders because the alphas were super mint colored and more towards the cool color temperature, which im not a big fan of.
Like the new alphas so much more, makes it easier to pair with boards or match with other sets without making it look out of place!
Goodjob on this. Definitely picking it up a long with a deskmat  :D

I completely agree with this.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 04:48:58 »
I have to say this again: Really love the abundant Spacebars kit.
However, kinda hope that the kit cost no more than $35.
Maybe remove 6u off-centered spacebar to trim it a bit?

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 08:57:24 »
These are super cute, love seeing the UK specific keycaps (not just the ISO enter!!) included with the base kit and the support for SAVEAFOX. Need these in my life <3
Only thing that could make this better is an ISO novelty enter  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 January 2021, 14:25:26 by Faehriss »
church of the POM keeb

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 17:08:07 »
Did you go dark or light?
Just manged to order one of the Hammerhead extras (Dark) off of Clack a day ago. Bummed i didn't get a novelty pack though. Maybe I'll manage to pick an extra up of that when the kits finally ship. Did you hear there expected to ship out in August now!? Ducking covid crap.
My hobby started around the same time, with Yuri and Laser. I was satisfied with just the keycaps for like 3-4 or months, now i'm into the stupid GB keyboards now too... sigh.
I went for the dark base plus novelties. For keyboard I have high demand for 75% cuz I'm a developer so function row is a must. After I saw the gmmk pro annoucement at 170 price tag, I knew I must have it. Still waiting for a EU proxy.

Offline shenshendei

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 10:08:37 »
Not too sure bout the colors tho, Would be cool if there's 2 colorways for summer times and artic foxes. But floof i likey

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - FINALIZED KITTING, UPDATED RENDERS
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 15:23:23 »
Hi all! Updated colors, desk mats, board renders, and finalized kits have been added to the IC!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 17:49:28 »
Hi all! Updated colors, desk mats, board renders, and finalized kits have been added to the IC!
Can I propose bring those standard accent orange key back to base kit? People will normally go for base kit the most. Remove accent keys from base may not be a good choice....Also, will there be novelties for ISO enter?

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 18:01:59 »
Sad to see no mint ISO enter novelty in the final kits but will definitely be getting in on that base and alt set
church of the POM keeb

Offline Gnome

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 08:35:01 »
These new renders and kitting looks amazing. I'm not the person to just buy base kits because novelties adds so much to the set, But if i were to get just the base i would want an orange escape and an orange ansi and iso enter included. Don't know how would it would affect cost. An white on orange fox paw as a novelty would also be very nice i think.

Very welcome change the the deskmat aswell, the fox is super cute now. Can't wait for gb!

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 10:59:47 »
Very welcome change the the deskmat aswell, the fox is super cute now.

Didn't even notice that! Count me in on that dark mat  :thumb:
church of the POM keeb

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 13:15:26 »
These new renders and kitting looks amazing. I'm not the person to just buy base kits because novelties adds so much to the set, But if i were to get just the base i would want an orange escape and an orange ansi and iso enter included. Don't know how would it would affect cost. An white on orange fox paw as a novelty would also be very nice i think.

Very welcome change the the deskmat aswell, the fox is super cute now. Can't wait for gb!

Sad to see no mint ISO enter novelty in the final kits but will definitely be getting in on that base and alt set

Can I propose bring those standard accent orange key back to base kit? People will normally go for base kit the most. Remove accent keys from base may not be a good choice....Also, will there be novelties for ISO enter?

Hi! Thanks so much for the feedback. I wanted to address everyone at once so I'm not spamming the post haha.

The orange MIGHT be put back into the base, but it's definitely going to come down to cost as I want the kits to be affordable, but also offer the most bang for the buck. Waiting on quotes now, so we'll see how that affects everything. I'll update if it get changed.

To address the ISO enter novelty: this has probably been one of the components I've been most torn on with the set. I really would love to offer one, and had the idea of a hopping fox to fit the key format better. The issue has been that i've already had to cut the amount of larger novelty molds from the kit due to the high cost. Additionally, I'd posted the IC questionnaire to specifically gauge interest for the ISO novelties. Out of the 120ish people that responded, less than 10% had said a definitive yes to the ISO novelty, everyone else said no or they didn't care either way. As much as I would love to offer it to make the few people who said yes happy (and, honestly just to have a hopping fox key bc CUTE) the cost would be prohibitive as it is a large key and an additional mold.

I hope this all makes sense and I haven't disappointed everyone too much. My goal with this set was to make as many people as happy as possible with the kitting, and I truly hope I accomplished that so far.

Offline boneandbee

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - UPDATED IC FORM
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 13:17:33 »
I missed botanical, so I'm all in for this set.
If you would like to collab on metal artisan, hit me up!
Hey! I'm going to message you!

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 13:56:09 »
everyone who wants orange this n that in the base kit-adding another color to a kit adds a pile to cost, versus just adding a key of the incumbent colors.

i think this works if the nov kit has at least MOQ 150 (seems doable?), because MOQ 100 might be an 80$ nov kit w that many keys and another custom color.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 15:04:29 »
everyone who wants orange this n that in the base kit-adding another color to a kit adds a pile to cost, versus just adding a key of the incumbent colors.

i think this works if the nov kit has at least MOQ 150 (seems doable?), because MOQ 100 might be an 80$ nov kit w that many keys and another custom color.

Yeah this is exactly the spot i'm in and why i'm waiting to get the quotes back. I'll put the orange accents in whichever set it would be best priced in with the most likelihood of hitting MOQ. I know all of the sets are beasts which will be pricey no matter what and I'd have an easier time if I cut them all down. I'm stuck in the vortex of "kill your darlings" right now with some of these decisions haha

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 15:11:46 »
What's our chances of a Rama Acorn or other Rama? Happy to buy direct from Rama if it comes to that.
Btw, I'm working on getting some artisans done! I'll update the IC when I have all of that figured out!

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 16:11:52 »
shoot your shot. If the novs are 80 I'll pay. I know artisan collabs are some work, always appreciate your updates.

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 07:31:15 »
Any chance of having the 2.25+2.75 space bars in the base kit instead? The space bar kit looks like it's gonna be quite pricey with that many long bars.

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:28:10 »
Any chance of us seeing a signature for this set? Would be lovely to be able to show support for it! :)
church of the POM keeb

Offline Saks

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:51:03 »
I agree that at least orange esc and enter (ISO/ANSI) should be in base kit. I'm not really into novelties, but I like the contrast that these 2 keys give to the entire look of the set and having to buy the novelties kit just to get these would be deal breaker for me

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 22:24:31 »
Yo, where my orange accents at? Those are puzzle pieces that made the main kit so great.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 02:19:35 »
This looks good!!! I would prolly get the base and the alt mods!

Offline mizuwolf

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 14:17:10 »
I'm really bummed all the orange has left the base kits :c It's not 'fox' anymore at all if you don't get extension kits. I still planned on getting the novelties, but now it feels like the base doesn't speak to the theme at all.

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 20:06:10 »
Personally fine with seeing the orange in the novelties kit if it's needed to lower the cost on the base kit. Should soften the blow when I get in on that mint mod kit at least ;)
church of the POM keeb

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 04:42:41 »
I think the base kit should be the most appealing kit in all group buy due to sales and it should represent the theme. Remove accent fox keys seems very unwise because then the base kit becomes gmk forest or somethings.
Also, please consider moving the 2 mod color space bar from the space kit to alt alphas because people normally don't use mod color space bars in their setup.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 18:16:32 by nvh2092 »

Offline XiXora

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:01:39 »
This is a cute set. Is there a chance of two 1.5u super and 2 1u alts for users of the non-windows persuasion?

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:09:33 »
I agree that at least orange esc and enter (ISO/ANSI) should be in base kit. I'm not really into novelties, but I like the contrast that these 2 keys give to the entire look of the set and having to buy the novelties kit just to get these would be deal breaker for me

I think the base kit should be the most appealing kit in all group buy due to sales and it should represent the theme. Remove accent fox keys seems very unwise because then the base kit becomes gmk forest or somethings.
Also, please consider moving the 2 mod color space bar frim the space kit to alt alphas because people normally don't use mod color space bars in their setup.

I'm really bummed all the orange has left the base kits :c It's not 'fox' anymore at all if you don't get extension kits. I still planned on getting the novelties, but now it feels like the base doesn't speak to the theme at all.

Yo, where my orange accents at? Those are puzzle pieces that made the main kit so great.

Personally fine with seeing the orange in the novelties kit if it's needed to lower the cost on the base kit. Should soften the blow when I get in on that mint mod kit at least ;)

FINAL final kits are updated! Just confirming prices before adding that to the IC, but were actually able to add the orange back to the base kit and still get it to be a fair price! :) BC i agree, without the orange in the base, it's no longer Fox.

Offline mizuwolf

Re: (IC) GMK Fox - FINAL Final Kits, New Banner Render, New Desk Mat Renders
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:51:42 »
yayy, so glad to see orange made it back into the base! Very excited for GB c:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 03:57:48 »
Any updates about pricing soon (retail prices)? It seems like you've already got everything.

Offline Dubbysmurf

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:06:25 »
I found this set on Reddit and I cannot wait until it’s available!

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 13:50:48 »
I legit already set aside money for this set. Love it!!

Offline slayermusiq

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 01:05:52 »
OOOOF LOVE IT!

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 13:52:02 »
ORANGE'S BACK ON THE MENU BOIS

Offline bigern302

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 16:10:01 »
Would have gone HAM had there been minimal 40s support.  Oh, well.  GLWS.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 11:31:09 »
Any updates about pricing soon (retail prices)? It seems like you've already got everything.

I'm just waiting on confirmation of non-USD pricing before I post!

Offline Prestley

• Twitch
Re: (IC) GMK Fox - Collabs, South American Vendor announced
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 04:02:54 »
Really dig how this set has ended up! I hope to pick it up :)

Offline Dubbysmurf

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 11:54:57 »
Any update on pricing?

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 15:05:12 »
Any update on pricing?

Waiting on a couple more vendors. Hopefully today or tomorrow!

Offline TheMetalDog

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 21:28:55 »
I normally wouldn't go for a set like this because of the colors, but there's something about this one that I like more and more the more I look at it. Really well done and the desk mats look great.

This color set almost perfectly matches a shadowbox I have in my office of the game Pitfall. HMMMMM

Offline idealape

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 05:35:49 »
set/theme is not my jam, but that enter with the fox is one of the best the best ansi-enter-novelty I've seen.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 11:29:53 »
set/theme is not my jam, but that enter with the fox is one of the best the best ansi-enter-novelty I've seen.
Aw thanks! That was really nice to hear. I appreciate that :)

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 11:30:58 »
I normally wouldn't go for a set like this because of the colors, but there's something about this one that I like more and more the more I look at it. Really well done and the desk mats look great.

This color set almost perfectly matches a shadowbox I have in my office of the game Pitfall. HMMMMM
Ohhh that's awesome!