Author Topic: Hard 40%, 60%, and TKL carrying cases on Massdrop  (Read 119095 times)

Offline spidum

These are so bad ass!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Excellent. Looking forward to all the custom options people chose.
Please do make some pictures before shipping. ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Thechemist

Will a Poker II with SA key caps fit in there?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
More custom requests please.   In addition to the snap pocket and top handle, I would love a small pocket for the USB, credit cards and cash etc..    Now that would make it not just a keyboard case, but a nice EDC as well.     ;D :thumb:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
very nice! if i transported my keyboard i would totally be in for one of these.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
very nice! if i transported my keyboard i would totally be in for one of these.

I don't transport my keyboards.......I just want anyway LOL.   Actually thinking of sending the kiddo to gaming camp.   Probably more fun for him than SAT camp or some community outreach ......

Offline Razor Lotus

More custom requests please.   In addition to the snap pocket and top handle, I would love a small pocket for the USB, credit cards and cash etc..    Now that would make it not just a keyboard case, but a nice EDC as well.     ;D :thumb:

or a small slot for something like this?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CM_Storm/Quick_Fire_Pro/images/keyremover.jpg

would help with cleaning the keyboard

Offline intelli78

Will a Poker II with SA key caps fit in there?

Measure the KB according to the instructions in my OP, and I will let you know! If not, it is only a $5 surcharge for a custom size.

Looking into this... replied via PM.

or a small slot for something like this?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CM_Storm/Quick_Fire_Pro/images/keyremover.jpg

would help with cleaning the keyboard

checking into it ^

Excellent. Looking forward to all the custom options people chose.
Please do make some pictures before shipping. ;)

Yes, I will definitely post pictures as we start shipping these out! Pics also coming of handle, contrast stitching, etc.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline intelli78

Everyone who has already bought: Keep your eyes open for communications from me over the next week or two, VIA EMAIL.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Sounds good :D! I am excited.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Really looking forward to seeing the round 1 cases. Congrats to everyone that got in on the first round.  :thumb:

Offline intelli78

I just sent out confirmation emails to everyone who had a pending question or concern. Awaiting responses!!

Here are some teaser photos to tide you guys over:

Poker 2 case with handle and USA contrast stitching

Up close

skcheng is going to get some bangin' red and gray cases. The material to be used in his cases:

Offline intelli78

For future reference, and this is also going into the OP, here is how to measure your KB for custom orders.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
I responded to your email but just wanted to reflect here that I'm super excited for this and really appreciate the service you're providing :)

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
I responded to your email but just wanted to reflect here that I'm super excited for this and really appreciate the service you're providing :)

+1

Showed a few people at work this, definitely expect some more orders next round  :D
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

+1

Showed a few people at work this, definitely expect some more orders next round  :D

Depending on when next round is, I'll probably put an order in. Unfortunately, money's tight for the next couple of months =(
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
I just sent out confirmation emails to everyone who had a pending question or concern. Awaiting responses!!

Show Image

Up close
Show Image

skcheng is going to get some bangin' red and gray cases. The material to be used in his cases:
Show Image

Responded. Can't wait for these cases! Why can't my Tex Yoda arrive faster!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Show Image

Up close
Show Image

Show Image

Wow. Turned out very nice.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline kriminal

please confirm me for the second round, 60% poker case
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Looks amazing! Looking forward to receiving your case!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
It looks great, really like that handle. Already replied to your e-mail.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Ok. That's hot!

Put me on the list.

How do I get on the list?

Offline intelli78

Yo dudes.

There is no waiting list right now. In fact, for the second round, we may do things a bit differently -- will probably produce a bunch of cases -- some plain black, some really funky and awesome one-offs -- for a whole bunch of popular keyboards and then sell them as ready-to-ship items with no lead time.

there will certainly be more chances for custom orders at some point, though.

However, if you are interested, what you can do is post here and tell me what keyboard(s) you might want cases for, and we will incorporate that input when producing the next batch.

stay tuned--there will be some awesome limited edition stuff.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 20:09:07 by intelli78 »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
I probably would go custom.

I'd go for that once it came up.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'll have to think about picking one of these up for my HHKB once more are available. :D

Offline intelli78

Check this out...

A couple FC660C for JaccoW and billnye29 and a QFR for esko997...

exploring color options for skcheng's KMAC Happy...

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 April 2014, 19:27:31 by intelli78 »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Check this out...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome! Great to see these coming together :). I'm more and more excited for mine, and I see myself putting in a HHKB case order soon after...

Offline intelli78

Check this out...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome! Great to see these coming together :). I'm more and more excited for mine, and I see myself putting in a HHKB case order soon after...

Yours is next up, sir.  ;D

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Looks amazing! Beautiful craftsmanship :D!

Can't wait till I get mines!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
So excited for these -- theyre looking really cool!!
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline tbc

derrr...any chance of an ergodox version being made?

I'm thinking it would be fairly squarish with an internal divider separating the two halves.

also, how stiff are the exteriors? I'm wanting to use these to store keyboards and having the case be stiff enough so that switches aren't being actuated if there are two or three other keyboards on top.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
also, how stiff are the exteriors? I'm wanting to use these to store keyboards and having the case be stiff enough so that switches aren't being actuated if there are two or three other keyboards on top.

I was about to ask a similar question. I plan on putting this I'm my backpack and it would be nice for it to sit there with other books. I don't want the topre domes to be pressed for extended periods of time.

I could always pick up the acrylic top for the HHKB and put both in the case. However if the case was hard enough on its own I wouldn't need to spend extra money which would be nice.

Offline intelli78

The cases are quite hard. The sides are made of a very, very stiff and strong foamboard. I wouldn't recommend sitting or stepping directly on these cases, but they will hold up just fine in a backpack.  Keys won't be pressed.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Check this out...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

High five BillNye29! :D
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
Would you make a bag for realforce? And maybe a pouch on the side for mouse, and something that can carry the mousepad as well?

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline fatchoi

It looks great. But I need to wait for my fmj metal case to arrive before measuring the size.

And I've one recommendation, given people might change key caps often, the height might change a little bit with different key profiles. So you might want to include a little bit margin

Offline billnye

• ability man
Check this out...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

High five BillNye29! :D

Offline billnye

• ability man
Any chance the ones that have been made are going to ship soon?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Show Image

when walter had hair.... :eek:

Offline intelli78

Would you make a bag for realforce? And maybe a pouch on the side for mouse, and something that can carry the mousepad as well?

Yes, this will be possible the next time custom orders open. :) keep watching this thread.

Offline intelli78

Should be Monday or Tuesday.  Stay tuned for updates.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Should be Monday or Tuesday.  Stay tuned for updates.

Awesome, thanks!

Offline intelli78

Here is a really cool case for skcheng's KMAC Happy. He's getting another one like this for his KMAC 2 as well. It features button snaps, a vertical handle design that loops through the bottom of the case to support the weight of the KMAC, button snaps, a large rear pocket, and red side panels.

Everything that's done so far -- about half the initial batch -- is shipping out tomorrow or Thursday. The rest will follow shortly.  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 20:29:19 by intelli78 »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Here is a really cool case for skcheng's KMAC Happy. He's getting another one like this for his KMAC 2 as well. It features button snaps, a vertical handle design that loops through the bottom of the case to support the weight of the KMAC, button snaps, a large rear pocket, and red side panels.

Everything that's done so far -- about half the initial batch -- is shipping out tomorrow or Thursday. The rest will follow shortly.  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow! That case is cray cray!

I hope I can get in round 2.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
My case arrived today!

Have to say, very impressed with the quality of the case and how hard it is -- will definitely feel safe leaving my keyboard in this case and having it in my backpack on the way to work.

Thanks so much for the great case!

Offline intelli78

My case arrived today!

Have to say, very impressed with the quality of the case and how hard it is -- will definitely feel safe leaving my keyboard in this case and having it in my backpack on the way to work.

Thanks so much for the great case!

Awesome. Post some pix if you have time. Enjoy!

Also: more cases were shipped out yesterday. I will PM with tracking later today

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Oh man, I hope we see another round of these!

Eyes peeled! ;)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar