Author Topic: Hard 40%, 60%, and TKL carrying cases on Massdrop  (Read 118305 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Measurements alone...

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Measurements alone...

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Off topic, but that is one damn good looking ergodox! :thumb:

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Nice shots! :)

I like your folding over idea for the ergo-case.

One question though. Wouldn't their be a need for magnets where the "bottom" would be. Like if you're carrying the case from the handles, the "bottom" would have less support.

I might be picturing the case wrong.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
Nice shots! :)

I like your folding over idea for the ergo-case.

One question though. Wouldn't their be a need for magnets where the "bottom" would be. Like if you're carrying the case from the handles, the "bottom" would have less support.

I might be picturing the case wrong.

It really depends on the weight of the ergodox, and the rigidity of the sides.  It could work as depicted or there may be some need for supporting material.

* Binge shrugs

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Razor Lotus

this is going to be intense.

(Attachment Link)

Rigid edges and botton for the keyboard to sit on, snap buttons/magnets depicted in magenta, handles are represented in black.

extra fabric folds over the top and connects to enclose the e-dox, edox case then folds in half where the handle then meet and someone can carry it around keycaps facing out.

Such art - so fabulous.

That's a nice design :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 08:14:21 by Razor Lotus »

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks

(Attachment Link)

Rigid edges and botton for the keyboard to sit on, snap buttons/magnets depicted in magenta, handles are represented in black.

extra fabric folds over the top and connects to enclose the e-dox, edox case then folds in half where the handle then meet and someone can carry it around keycaps facing out.

Such art - so fabulous.

Hey I might try this out as well, if you don't mind :)
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio

(Attachment Link)

Such art - so fabulous.

Hey I might try this out as well, if you don't mind :)

Please and thank you-- if you make a working prototype I will buy it.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
Argh would really want one for tkl, mouse and mousepad. Hopefully I won't miss the next buy again.

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Argh would really want one for tkl, mouse and mousepad. Hopefully I won't miss the next buy again.
If you want all of that in there, wouldn't this be more useful to you?

I have one and it works really well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 April 2014, 18:00:34 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
Wow that looks really great as well. Would it fit the artisan hayate large mousepad?

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!

Wow that looks really great as well. Would it fit the artisan hayate large mousepad?
Give me some sizes and I can check for you. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline xauser

I just received my round1 order and love it! Quality is great, it's a perfect match for my upcoming gh60. Cases are very solid and will protect my boards well. This is a 5 star product to me, thanks. These will last long.

Hope to get pictures up this weekend. Now all that's missing is my gh60 :)

Offline intelli78

I just received my round1 order and love it! Quality is great, it's a perfect match for my upcoming gh60. Cases are very solid and will protect my boards well. This is a 5 star product to me, thanks. These will last long.

Hope to get pictures up this weekend. Now all that's missing is my gh60 :)

Very glad you like them! Looking forward to the pics. :)
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
Just received mine today and I'm very impressed! Looks great and I'm glad I made it into round 1. Since no one else has posted pictures...here's some crappy shots off my iPhone!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Just received mine today and I'm very impressed! Looks great and I'm glad I made it into round 1. Since no one else has posted pictures...here's some crappy shots off my iPhone!

Looks good.

The case looks real secure.

Do you think it will protect your keyboard well considering it odd probably heavy?

Offline Razor Lotus

Looks good.

How's the fit?

Seems abit loose on the left side though

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife

Looks good.

The case looks real secure.

Do you think it will protect your keyboard well considering it odd probably heavy?

The sides are actually pretty thick and hard with no real give. Obviously, if you step on it, it might break the case, but under normal usage, it's surprisingly pretty solid. I requested for a bigger velco to prevent my KMAC2 from forcing the top open, but overall, it's pretty sturdy.

Looks good.

How's the fit?

Seems abit loose on the left side though

The fit seems pretty good and to spec, I didn't try to tip it upside down as my switches are lubed and I don't want any excess coming out of the switch. If you're worried, you can always stick a thin microfiber cloth on the bottom portion to make it a bit more snug to your liking.

Offline intelli78

Yeah, the fit should not be loose. It can appear that way from the photos, because the interior is black and it's hard to capture that with a camera, but there's padding inside that makes it nice and snug.

Also, I am discussing options for an Ergodox case w/ the artisan. More info soon!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Got my case yesterday. (Actually, it arrived a little while ago but I've been out of town.) It's awesome! Perfect fit (it was a custom order), sturdy construction, and all-around badass.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Got my case yesterday. (Actually, it arrived a little while ago but I've been out of town.) It's awesome! Perfect fit (it was a custom order), sturdy construction, and all-around badass.

Pictures?

Offline intelli78

Good news, all orders from Round 2 have been completed and shipped early!! Tracking numbers have been PMed.

Some pics:

Info on Round 3: opening on or around May 22. No custom orders will be taken, but I will have a lot of pre-made, ready-to-ship inventory available for a variety of keyboards! Should have an Ergodox option available -- more on that later!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Yay!

One of those is mine.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Customs is fat and has been sitting on my case since the 23rd of april. :(
It can take 9-11 working days (i.e. 3 weeks) so at best I will get mine on Friday.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline intelli78

It can take 9-11 working days (i.e. 3 weeks) so at best I will get mine on Friday.

:(

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
:(
Well good news: The postman came to deliver today.
The bad new: I was charged with €26 in import taxes so I can go pick it up from the post office tomorrow
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Finally got mine! :D

First question; what the hell are these made off? It's super lightweight but due to the material inside I cannot even make a dent in these, the case won't even deform.
I would almost dare to stand on top of it... almost.

Have to run now so maybe I will put some pictures up tomorrow.

Thanks for offering these :thumb:
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Just received my case and it was love at first sight! The purple handle was exactly what I wanted. Build quality is top notch. Running home on my lunch break to see how my 660c fits in it. Will upload some pictures in a few.  ;D ;D ;D

BIG UP INTELLI FOR FACILITATING THIS. MANY THANKS.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lurch

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Lurch

Accidental double post  :-X

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Just received my case and it was love at first sight! The purple handle was exactly what I wanted. Build quality is top notch. Running home on my lunch break to see how my 660c fits in it. Will upload some pictures in a few.  ;D ;D ;D

Don't tease without pictures.

;)

Offline intelli78

Finally got mine! :D

First question; what the hell are these made off? It's super lightweight but due to the material inside I cannot even make a dent in these, the case won't even deform.
I would almost dare to stand on top of it... almost.

Have to run now so maybe I will put some pictures up tomorrow.

Thanks for offering these :thumb:

Glad you finally got it! The sides are made of a very sturdy foamboard. I wouldn't suggest standing on them  :) but they do hold up quite well to normal use or in a backpack.

You're welcome! I'm thrilled that you like it!  :) Love the keycaps on that Leopold, btw...

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Got mine today, too!

This is an actual case that will protect an aluminum keyboard.

When I would carry my board in other cases, I would always feel like I had to be careful not to bump into even the smallest thing.

I don't think I will have those worries with this case.

Offline intelli78

Love it. Everything nice and tight with the fit?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Love it. Everything nice and tight with the fit?

The fit is practically perfect.

It's almost hard to explain how it is possible for the fit to be so exact.

It slides in and out real easy. Just a minimal amount of friction.

I think the looseness of the inner fabric gently pushes against all the sides of the case. This makes it so the keyboard has less of an ability to bounce around. I tried shaking the case with the keyboard in it. It doesn't move.

Most of the other cases are designed in a way which still lets the keyboard bounce around inside.

The hard foam under the fabric is study enough where I feel like I don't have to worry as much about having the case accidentally bump into something as I'm walking with it.

I can throw this case into a backpack and not worry about it. Except if I drop it in a pool. ;)

There is just enough room at the end for a USB cable. Nice!

Offline intelli78

Great. The Hammer case has an unusual profile--glad we nailed it!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Latin00032 -- that is a great looking case. Thank you for posting the pictures!

I have the same case, so now I know what to order should I make it into the 3rd round.

Offline ruiner17

Received my round 2 case today! It's perfect, thanks intelli78! As other have described, case is firm, fit is right (just enough wiggle room), quality is top notch. And those rare earth magnets.... :eek:

Offline intelli78

Awesome  :thumb:

Offline tbc

Got mine today, too!

This is an actual case that will protect an aluminum keyboard.

When I would carry my board in other cases, I would always feel like I had to be careful not to bump into even the smallest thing.

I don't think I will have those worries with this case.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that case + board combo is ridic... :D
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
Kudos intelli,

Youve really provided a great service.

Ive been using my case everyday since I got it since the first round of orders was shipped, and no problems -- keyboards have been totally protected, despite being jostled around all over the place while traveling to the office, other states for work, etc.

Well done.
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)

Offline intelli78

Glad to hear it.  :) This service is here to stay.

Offline redskull

oh snap, can't believe i missed this. 3rd round i'm in for at least 1 case for hhkb. no customizing this time intelli?

Offline intelli78

oh snap, can't believe i missed this. 3rd round i'm in for at least 1 case for hhkb. no customizing this time intelli?

Not this time, but customizing will be back later. But, there will be several HHKB cases for sale in a variety of styles.

Offline 1trueJ

I have a question. How much would it cost to make something akin to a Das Keyboard Gaming Sling but for a Poker 2 instead of a tenkeyed board?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Not this time, but customizing will be back later. But, there will be several HHKB cases for sale in a variety of styles.

PLEASE let us all know when the fully customized service is about to occur.  Missed getting anything from you and it looks so professional and decent looking.

Keep up the excellent work, because everyone should get some keyboard cases for their beauties  :thumb: .

Offline intelli78

I have a question. How much would it cost to make something akin to a Das Keyboard Gaming Sling but for a Poker 2 instead of a tenkeyed board?

I can do a shoulder strap for $25.00. PM me if you want to discuss further.

PLEASE let us all know when the fully customized service is about to occur.  Missed getting anything from you and it looks so professional and decent looking.

Keep up the excellent work, because everyone should get some keyboard cases for their beauties  :thumb: .

I will keep everyone posted! It should be in the latter part of June but I'll announce a more precise date when I have one.

In the meantime, I am still planning to list a bunch of pre-made inventory on May 22.

Offline intelli78

Guys, I will be posting inventory for sale on May 22. We will have:

5 Poker II/HHKB
4 FC660C
2 QFR
1 Poker w/ Hammer or Tex
1 KMAC II
1 Kingsaver

there will be a variety of aesthetic styles and options. I will post detailed pix and descriptions of each unit for sale.

Offline slickmamba

(Attachment Link)

Such art - so fabulous.

I had a similar idea, but with the thumb section near the handles so they could be placed on the floor.  On that note, any update on the doxbox, intelli?
Hi :)

Offline intelli78

There will be an Ergodox design in round 4, next month. I was hoping it would be ready for this round, but that wasn't possible. Sorry about that! But stay tuned.

Offline tbc

what is the fabric?

I've gotten rather found of 1680D.  it's durable enough for my needs and I don't find it especially abrasive (good point for me).
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.