Author Topic: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!  (Read 277609 times)

Offline mgsickler

Re: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 16:36:37 »
I forgot that shipping a mat to Canada costs more than the mat so I guess I'm SOL. Enjoy the set guys
There’s a Canadian proxy.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 16:40:58 »
I forgot that shipping a mat to Canada costs more than the mat so I guess I'm SOL. Enjoy the set guys
There’s a Canadian proxy.

Oh damn I checked desk hero and didn't see it, but there it is. Aight I'm in
I love Elzy

Offline link_108

« Reply #702 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 18:40:18 »
This is awesome! Do you plan on releasing numpad support for the Berserk kit in the future?

Offline Owl-

« Reply #703 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 19:08:50 »
You'd be surprised, GMK sets usually turn out more vibrant than their renders; case in point: Solarized Dark, Peaches 'n' Cream... It's actually more difficult to pull off subdued colors in ABS than super vibrant ones :P

I still think Solarized Dark's mods are overboard in saturation here, compared to the alphas in this case.

Offline 13a0w3n

« Reply #704 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 07:51:33 »
why the prize is for basekit is show USD150 ? not USD125?  :eek: :eek: :eek:

In en.zfrontier.com page

Offline Tyson

« Reply #705 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 09:56:01 »
Just found a issue with the Berserk kit. The pipe key in modifier color's legend is color matched to the red alpha legend color when it should match the green legend color of the mods. This also goes for the tilde key that is the same color as the modifier color.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #706 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 10:02:10 »
Just found a issue with the Berserk kit. The pipe key in modifier color's legend is color matched to the red alpha legend color when it should match the green legend color of the mods. This also goes for the tilde key that is the same color as the modifier color.

You're right, I doubt this is intentional.

Offline missylo

« Reply #707 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 10:07:00 »

In en.zfrontier.com page

I get this too.... what’s up with this?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #708 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 10:07:38 »

I hope they can fix it before the files are submitted to GMK, I don't think anyone would object to these things getting fixed.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #709 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 10:16:37 »

In en.zfrontier.com page

I get this too.... what’s up with this?
That is zF’s prices. Those are correct.

The prices at the top are only for NovelKeys_.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #710 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 10:17:30 »

I hope they can fix it before the files are submitted to GMK, I don't think anyone would object to these things getting fixed.
I think you are right. I’ll check with the designers and get an update on this.

There is plenty of time to get that taken care of before the order is submitted.

Offline parablol

« Reply #711 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 13:57:06 »
I have to say I am really disappointed with what happened to the Beserk Akphas Kit:

1. It's Katakana-Only, which seems antithetical to the densely-packed text that's throughout Eva.

2. I cant combine it with a regular case kit to have a red WASD cluster & vice-versa without it looking really out of place

3. The Micons aren't a perfect match for the "Extra" kit.

You can outfit a 48-key Planck for $167 if you're cool with having mis-matched mods, or you can have it with matching mods for $177. Considering the best thing about this is the $65 novelties kit, neither option is worth it, especially since I wanted 2x 2u R4C keys. Cost could have been reasonable if the Beserk kit has stayed an alphas-only kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2020, 14:38:56 by parablol »

Offline parablol

« Reply #712 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 14:01:04 »
I wish red Berserk alphas come with Katakana dual legend. The mono legend is not very practical...
Any chance you would offer as a separate option? Maybe something like before, the pic above ;)

You could use them as an opportunity to learn how to touch type. It's an extremely useful skill. I'm always surprised to see people interested enough in keyboards to be on Geekhack or the subreddit who don't already know how to touch type.

Also, in the OP's main post, they explained that these dual and mono legend katakana molds haven't been made yet. They're using this set to get the molds made so they can also be used in future sets, so they need to use dual and mono for this set.

Calm down. Was going to buy extra as gifts. You don't assume people can type without proper legend, nor do you ask people to learn something just to use your gift.
To your second point. I didn't ask OP to take out mono Berserk design. I am asking to use the same Katakana dual legend to make extra Berserk sets. Simply offering my thoughts for added business opportunities here... But I guess it's too late for any change.

Great work OP @FU11.META1! I like the design very much and will join the GB. Thanks!
Agreed on the monolegends. Like, i don't want to participate any more... Having the exact same legends in two colors was an ADVANTAGE.

Seems like this went the way of Sanctuary Rebirth. Great compatibility and kits in the beginning, then the opposite happens by the time vendors get involved.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2020, 14:05:45 by parablol »

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #713 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 17:20:55 »
i doubt the actual plastic will ever look as vibrant as the renders. But still looks great, really trying not to get in on this  :-X

You'd be surprised, GMK sets usually turn out more vibrant than their renders; case in point: Solarized Dark, Peaches 'n' Cream... It's actually more difficult to pull off subdued colors in ABS than super vibrant ones :P

Laser, Vaporwave, and Wavez really delivered on the vibrancy too. At least two of those had group buy runners that were picky with the color matching, which was part of the reason for their success.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #714 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 18:31:16 »
Currently waiting on approval for the GB thread. Should be up soon.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #715 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 18:54:30 »
Anyone getting a 40s kit that has no use for the 2u space bar? Will buy it off you or can do a trade :)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #716 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 19:42:58 »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #717 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 20:32:03 »
Anyone want just berserk alphas? I want the mods.

Offline parablol

« Reply #718 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 22:02:48 »
Yooo I want just Berserk alphas :D

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #719 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 06:34:01 »
In the spacebar set, will the profiles of the 2.75, 2.25 etc keys be in R4? The renders make it look convexed and flat.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #720 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 07:50:14 »
In the spacebar set, will the profiles of the 2.75, 2.25 etc keys be in R4? The renders make it look convexed and flat.

Anything that has a "C" next to the sizing will be like a normal spacebar (rounded top).

Offline vi0till

« Reply #721 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 08:06:18 »

Lol you are just like me. I will replace the berserk alpha with hangul dolch r5 or cyrillic beige and get spacekeys kit. I might be crazy to do that. lol

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #722 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 14:32:32 »

Anything that has a "C" next to the sizing will be like a normal spacebar (rounded top).

Brilliant thanks, sorry I explained what I meant by the flat part badly, they're angled down like a normal space bar and r4 keys too right?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #723 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 16:12:33 »
Brilliant thanks, sorry I explained what I meant by the flat part badly, they're angled down like a normal space bar and r4 keys too right?

Yes, they are R4 and they angle in towards the middle of the board, it's just that their top is convex (bulges upward/out) rather than concave (scooped downward/in).

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #724 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 16:17:22 »

Yes, they are R4 and they angle in towards the middle of the board, it's just that their top is convex (bulges upward/out) rather than concave (scooped downward/in).

Perfecto! :thumb:

Offline isioisi

Re: [IC] GMK Mecha-01 - Project Mecha-0X GB Live!
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 03:51:46 »
Waiting is the hard part.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 23:35:01 »

Offline jp5486

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 23:38:24 »
im so happy this set didnt disappear,
im even happier that almost everything is past MOQ already

Offline UberPlatypus

« Reply #728 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 13:04:07 »
Huge props to creating this kit, it's splendid and really hits home paying homage.

I sadly missed the GB for this and don't know where to go as I am relatively new. If anyone is willing to part ways with a set of the Berserk kit and Novelties or even just one of the two I would be happy to use PayPal or something if there are no extra kits for sale.

Where would there be extra kits for sale if their are any, and any guess as of when?

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #729 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 14:00:48 »
Huge props to creating this kit, it's splendid and really hits home paying homage.

I sadly missed the GB for this and don't know where to go as I am relatively new. If anyone is willing to part ways with a set of the Berserk kit and Novelties or even just one of the two I would be happy to use PayPal or something if there are no extra kits for sale.

Where would there be extra kits for sale if their are any, and any guess as of when?

Your best chance at getting those kits will be to go for the extras when they're available. They will be available sometime after the set has been shipped to GB participants. Probably around next summer assuming no more GMK delays.

Extras (usually) will be available from the vendors that hosted the GB. NovelKeys is the US proxy, so if in the US your best bet would be to subscribe to their newsletter as they will announce the extras sale in advance.

Once the extras are available they are typically first come, first serve so you will need to be prepared to buy the moment they go live or you will miss out.

Hope this helps.
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2