Author Topic: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Delivering to US customers  (Read 154344 times)

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Color Matching Complete - Awaiting Production
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 11:50:55 »
I assure you all we're still pressing for updates with nothing coming. Will keep on pressing. Lunar New Year breaks on right now so probably nothing notable until after that unfortunately. Keep checking back and reminding me for updates!

Offline dirtegg

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 19:46:13 »
Appreciate the constant communication - I think it's safe to say we won't be hearing anything back until basically the beginning of March due to LNY, so in the time being just going to sit back, relax, and enjoy February!

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:47:37 »
Here is to hoping that we can hit delivery within one year of the GB ending!
Kinesis Advantage | Ergodox EZ Browns | RK RC930 | DS 3 Blues

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 08:08:30 »
Here is to hoping that we can hit delivery within one year of the GB ending!
With the current queue of outstanding KAT sets. I sadly don't think this will be a reality.  I think we are still a few sets to go before this one will hit production, then QC, then ship.  I'd be happy with a q3 ship date at this point. Unless keycreative can suddenly ramp up. I did hear they're trying to increase manpower to keep up w so many sets.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 10:58:17 »
Is it known whether all the 2u caps for the Hyper 7 kit are 2-post or 3?

Some others have been getting their boards and picked up the DSA Ferrous H7 kit, all of the 2u keys for that are only 2-post. I'll hopefully be getting mine soon and would like to figure out how to build it to work with this set

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 09:32:06 »

Some others have been getting their boards and picked up the DSA Ferrous H7 kit, all of the 2u keys for that are only 2-post. I'll hopefully be getting mine soon and would like to figure out how to build it to work with this set

This set will need stabs, they're normal stabilized 2u.

Offline umberts

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:16:53 »
With the current queue of outstanding KAT sets. I sadly don't think this will be a reality.  I think we are still a few sets to go before this one will hit production, then QC, then ship.  I'd be happy with a q3 ship date at this point. Unless keycreative can suddenly ramp up. I did hear they're trying to increase manpower to keep up w so many sets.

Is there a way to see the production queue of sets currently? Or just common sense about active Gbs here and on the other major sites?

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:16:31 »

This set will need stabs, they're normal stabilized 2u.

Awesome! Good to hear, that's what I was hoping for

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 22:08:54 »

Is there a way to see the production queue of sets currently? Or just common sense about active Gbs here and on the other major sites?

Nothing official from Keyreative but i use https://keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com/?page=previous

Filter on KAT, and filter on Not Shipped, and you can see the chronological order of releases pretty easily.  Should give a good indication of how things are going to move, and they don't look like they're moving very quickly at all.  With so many kat sets each month, this is going to be a problem for a while.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 02:59:52 »
Nothing official from Keyreative but i use https://keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com/?page=previous

Filter on KAT, and filter on Not Shipped, and you can see the chronological order of releases pretty easily.  Should give a good indication of how things are going to move, and they don't look like they're moving very quickly at all.  With so many kat sets each month, this is going to be a problem for a while.
By the way, using the filter drawer you can create a filtered URL, such as https://keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com/?page=previous&profile=KAT&shipped=Not-shipped  ;)
For the best idea of what the production queue might look like, sort by end date. It'll still be slightly inaccurate - for example, Specimen got made earlier because it was able to colour match during its IC period.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 10:45:14 »

By the way, using the filter drawer you can create a filtered URL, such as https://keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com/?page=previous&profile=KAT&shipped=Not-shipped  ;)
For the best idea of what the production queue might look like, sort by end date. It'll still be slightly inaccurate - for example, Specimen got made earlier because it was able to colour match during its IC period.
Thaaanks! I couldn't figure out a good way to link it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline Vireca

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 02:58:52 »
Is this set in production, or still on Keyreative queue waiting?

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 06:18:06 »
Is this set in production, or still on Keyreative queue waiting?

Still waiting for production as far as we know.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 14:36:17 »
Is anything in production at keyreative lately? It seems like, from the last update at zfrontier, things are pretty much halted (yet people keep running more KAT and KAM sets...).

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 15:29:27 »
They made a large batch of KAT BoW... maybe color is the problem, lol.

Yes even KAT Hyperfuse is now delayed.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 15:52:55 »
Is anything in production at keyreative lately? It seems like, from the last update at zfrontier, things are pretty much halted (yet people keep running more KAT and KAM sets...).

Where did you get that idea? Latest update

They literally give progress updates on multiple sets:
Current production status:

• Injecting Drifter and Arctic (Arctic’s base keycaps were being re-injected with minor adjustments to the plastic ingredient formula)
  • Packing Lich. ETA: Mid Jan
  • Dye-subbing Oasis. Regular dye-sub done, air dye-sub ongoing. ETA: Mid Feb

Granted, things likely slowed way down for LNY, but that's nothing new for Chinese manus.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 16:51:30 »
You're right, they do have stuff ongoing, they're just really slow.

According to the updates on the respective sites, here is what I found:

Oasis production is complete. Should be shipping from the factory soon.
Lich is now estimated this month. Even with CNY, that's another big delay.
Wraith is estimated this month.
Arctic is expected next month.
Drifter is expected in May.
Lucky Jade and Atlantis are both just expected in "Q2".
I expect Space Cadet only after all of those.

I don't think I'm being too pessimistic to suggest that keyreative can't really handle more than one set a month. If that's the case, despite the above estimates, I wouldn't expect Space Cadet before August or September.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 21:16:58 »

I don't think I'm being too pessimistic to suggest that keyreative can't really handle more than one set a month. If that's the case, despite the above estimates, I wouldn't expect Space Cadet before August or September.

I'd agree 100% with your prediction, q3 seems much more of a realistic expectation at the rate sets are pumping out.

Offline geewiz

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 05:18:59 »
I'd agree 100% with your prediction, q3 seems much more of a realistic expectation at the rate sets are pumping out.

If the update MacSurfy got turns out correct, we can expect KAT Space Cadet earlier than the ETA of August/September for their KAT Refined.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 05:29:53 by geewiz »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 05:30:30 »

I agree, it's definitely slow going. Expecting more delays is entirely justified - I just was disagreeing with the assertion that they had ceased production completely, as it could get turned into misinformation that gets spread around. ;)

Offline umberts

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 05:45:50 »

If the update MacSurfy got turns out correct, we can expect KAT Space Cadet earlier than the ETA of August/September for their KAT Refined.

For those who don't know what this refers to, THIS is the post for the Kat Refined ETA, which closed the GB period a whole 4 months after Space Cadet but received (good?) samples during the GB period, unlike us.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 05:48:37 by umberts »

Offline geewiz

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 11:41:18 »
For those who don't know what this refers to, THIS is the post for the Kat Refined ETA, which closed the GB period a whole 4 months after Space Cadet but received (good?) samples during the GB period, unlike us.

Ah crap, in my optimism I didn't account for the color matching issue.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:26:10 »
MKUltra just sent Alas and myself pictures of deskmat samples he is awaiting delivery of so they do exist! Reported turn around time is a few weeks after we approve.

As for the expected timelines for the keycap production; your guesses are as good as mine. I have no reason to believe any different than the others have posted here, we're still on a long long road to delivery, but we are ON the road at least.

As always, I'll keep you posted with any updates as I receive them. Thank you all for the continued patience and understanding.

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 15:32:51 »
I don't think I'm being too pessimistic to suggest that keyreative can't really handle more than one set a month.

How does that company make any money?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #224 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 15:59:40 »
I don't think I'm being too pessimistic to suggest that keyreative can't really handle more than one set a month.

Easy. Just keep taking orders (with payment) and extending out ship dates. In the beginning I picked up multiple sets from them (via GB) but now I won't touch any new ones until they start shipping them. IN the mean time I have bought and received multiple epbt sets.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #225 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 17:24:31 »

Easy. Just keep taking orders (with payment) and extending out ship dates. In the beginning I picked up multiple sets from them (via GB) but now I won't touch any new ones until they start shipping them. IN the mean time I have bought and received multiple epbt sets.

Apparently Keyreative are refusing to take new orders for reverse dyesub sets. The extra QC involved seems to be the main cause of the slow lead times. I was told to reduce the number of reverse dyesub kits for a KAT set I'm working on, for example.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 20:34:34 »

Apparently Keyreative are refusing to take new orders for reverse dyesub sets. The extra QC involved seems to be the main cause of the slow lead times. I was told to reduce the number of reverse dyesub kits for a KAT set I'm working on, for example.

Wow that would be an interesting turn of events. That was a huge selling component. One day I will get one of the many sets I ordered and can see if the profile alone is worth investing in more sets.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 12:21:38 »

Wow that would be an interesting turn of events. That was a huge selling component. One day I will get one of the many sets I ordered and can see if the profile alone is worth investing in more sets.

I should clarify that I heard this a few months ago and not directly from Keyreative. I assume it's just a temporary measure because demand for KAT has been pretty crazy.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 20:09:22 »
Desk mat samples are finally here!!!!

In the final image, our 2 mats on top, followed by the recent space themed mats from Drop - notice they used white thread and deyed it, leaving a fringe of off-colored edging. I much prefer the anthracite thread on ours!  The bottom mat is the Novelkeys hexagon mat which is pretty well used so the threads look a bit more uniform and smoothed out.

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Deskmat samples are in! - Awaiting Production
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:10:59 »
Just heard from Zfrontier, Production will start Next Week!

They're targeting shipping to vendors by July.

MKUltra will have extras pre-order soon(tm)

We'e finally moving!

Offline Woovie

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Production Underway April 2021
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 19:21:58 »
 :thumb: yes!!!

Offline lilbigmacky

« Reply #231 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 06:31:49 »
Awesome. I'm definitely interested in preordering extras when they become available.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 14:04:26 »
Awesome. I'm definitely interested in preordering extras when they become available.

Not sure who your local vendor is, but preordered extras went live on MKUltra last night.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 17:14:29 »

Not sure who your local vendor is, but preordered extras went live on MKUltra last night.

FFFFFFFFF Totally missed this and needed a spacebar kit to get a blue spacebar. :/

Offline lilbigmacky

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 22:57:13 »

FFFFFFFFF Totally missed this and needed a spacebar kit to get a blue spacebar. :/

Seems like preorders are still up I just ordered my kit for extras tonight.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 10:23:04 »

Seems like preorders are still up I just ordered my kit for extras tonight.

I got in contact with MKUltra and it seems like they are trickling out preorders (maybe to stave off bots). So I was able to grab the spacebars as well. In the end I got accents, another grey alpha, and spacebars, so now my total order is like $350+ but the color samples look dope so I am excited. Looking back, I am less jazzed about my other KAT purchases like iron...

Offline DwieDave

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:01:20 »
I Just ordered a full set including the last North ISO Kit on MKUltra Extras Preorder and I am so hyped for this set!

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 16:37:43 »
Gotta say, I don't think I'll ever buy something made by Keyreative ever again. Kat production has been such a **** show.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 11:57:05 »
Gotta say, I don't think I'll ever buy something made by Keyreative ever again. Kat production has been such a **** show.

Its not ideal for sure. I am not ready to write them off because it still seems like some progress is being made. I do feel this way about JTK though. No updates and massive delays.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 12:03:05 »

Its not ideal for sure. I am not ready to write them off because it still seems like some progress is being made. I do feel this way about JTK though. No updates and massive delays.

Keyreative has a ton of catching up to do for sure, but you just have to look at the great reception of the latest KAT Alpha and Kitty KAT sets to see that they've made big leaps in quality recently. I don't have any doubt that Smol Cadet will be great too! Hang in there folks, we're almost home.

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 04:21:24 »

Keyreative has a ton of catching up to do for sure, but you just have to look at the great reception of the latest KAT Alpha and Kitty KAT sets to see that they've made big leaps in quality recently. I don't have any doubt that Smol Cadet will be great too! Hang in there folks, we're almost home.

Not sure if /s but KAT Kitty has had a lukewarm reception if that, there's spacebar issues and the reverse dyesub resulted in inconsistent colouring. Which makes sense, because that set was produced like a year ago, so hopefully the quality is not reflective of the forthcoming releases. On a different note, anyone up for a KAT Kitty 40s set?

Offline jrwr

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 11:55:18 »
USA is starting to get their Hyper 7s, Can't wait on a proper keycap to go with it. Ballpark, what year are we looking at to get our caps?

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 13:01:44 »
They'll come, don't worry, probably Q3 this year. We're not anywhere near GMK Dracula territory yet. I'm personally still waiting on gskt-00 and KAT Atlantis ahead of this. This hobby is not for the impatient.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 13:51:19 »
Maybe October?

Offline lasttycoon

• Ergonomic Wizard
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 10:13:49 »
This is making GMK ques seem fast. Smh

I'm going to stick with Geekark moving forward.

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 14:23:49 »
Latest update from MKUltra says "in production. currently addressing an issue with homing keycaps"

Is there anyone who can elaborate on that?

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 16:49:40 »
Latest update from MKUltra says "in production. currently addressing an issue with homing keycaps"

Is there anyone who can elaborate on that?

Because the alphas are reverse dye sub, not unlike Wraith, the bar homing keys have halos, but the more detrimental issue is that the legends appear on top of the homing bar itself. We've asked if we can get duplicated scooped homing keys as well as the bars (scoops without bars, and normal bar). Scooped homing was not available when we ran the buy or we would have done that from the beginning. We're still waiting on a response from Keyreative since June 1st.

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Kitting (Jul 1)
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 06:15:11 »
Just heard from Keyreative, they're making scoops.

Also, Kitting is underway!

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 07:19:17 »
Damn in term of communication we have : mildew on the wall, a mess in the room ... They could have at least take this picture from a different side  :-X

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 09:31:00 »
Damn in term of communication we have : mildew on the wall, a mess in the room ... They could have at least take this picture from a different side  :-X

You should cancel your order then.

Heaven forbid they actually provide proof that they have a product so far.