Author Topic: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard - Extras on Sunday 23/10  (Read 176314 times)

Offline devilDesignsKB

Re: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard (Prototype ordered!)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:36:05 »
Dang,.. when i saw this a few months ago I was super excited.. But was it silently downgraded from 6063 aluminum to 6061? I really wanted my endgame board to be 6063 for psychological reasons  :-[

Offline Scriba

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:13:06 »
Dang,.. when i saw this a few months ago I was super excited.. But was it silently downgraded from 6063 aluminum to 6061? I really wanted my endgame board to be 6063 for psychological reasons  :-[

second that, why not 6063? Don't get me wrong, I rather spend few dollars more, but have high end quality.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2020, 09:41:14 by Scriba »

Offline njrobb

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 01:19:05 »
This board looks really nice. These types of designs are what really drew me to this community. I'd totally be down to purchase. :thumb: :)

Offline hpkb

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 14:28:05 »

second that, why not 6063? Don't get me wrong, I rather spend few dollars more, but have high end quality.

Curious to see why they went down to 6061 as well

Offline Milky_Mooncake

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 16:12:48 »
this looks so clean
i'm 100% in

Offline menuhin

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 03:11:08 »

Is being 6063 (instead of 6061) the actual property that makes this Alice-like design among other CNC Alice-like design a "premium" one?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline voelzmo

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 03:37:27 »
I'd be really interested to understand why people seem to think that aluminium 6063 should be a "better" material for a keyboard than 6061. Could you help me understand the criteria which you're applying here to measure "better"?

In my world, there are a few good reasons to choose 6063 over 6061, but having a CNC machined piece of aluminium built for use indoors isn't one of them.

Offline Scriba

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 03:50:33 »
I'd be really interested to understand why people seem to think that aluminium 6063 should be a "better" material for a keyboard than 6061. Could you help me understand the criteria which you're applying here to measure "better"?

In my world, there are a few good reasons to choose 6063 over 6061, but having a CNC machined piece of aluminium built for use indoors isn't one of them.

Offline Scriba

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 03:52:20 »

Is being 6063 (instead of 6061) the actual property that makes this Alice-like design among other CNC Alice-like design a "premium" one?

I wouldn't say premium. There are plenty Alice-like Keyboards with 6063 (like the "bear" which wasn't more expensive).

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 13:24:35 »
It wasn't downgraded at all, it was 6061 all along. But we will get some new quotes with 6063 and potentially some new prototypes and compare!

This board looks really nice. These types of designs are what really drew me to this community. I'd totally be down to purchase. :thumb: :)
Thank you for your kind words!

Well all the samples and prototypes we have from the manufacturer are in 6061 and the end result is really quite good but if it's important to people we can also inquire about 6063.

this looks so clean
i'm 100% in
Thank you very much!

Offline HephaestusWorks

Re: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard (First prototype arrived!)
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 13:34:21 »
The first prototype has arrived! There are a couple of issues which have been resolved. Mainly the gasket system is being redone since the gaskets at the moment are a little bit too small thus not resulting in the best gasket keyboard experience. In addition to that some more space has been added below the pcb to ensure that the keyboard has ample room to flex and work well even with softer plate materials like polycarbonate or POM.

Here are some prototype pictures for you to enjoy,we will be taking better pictures of many different angles sometime in the next days!

Offline ThirdPartyCrap

[IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard (First prototype arrived!)
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 13:47:06 »
Damn I need this, any update on groupbuy date? Also is silver the only color for the screws?
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2020, 10:36:12 by ThirdPartyCrap »

Offline Neveller

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 06:35:58 »
Prototype looks great! Looking forward to hopefully getting my hands on this board :thumb:

Offline voelzmo

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 17:23:59 »

Again, which of these properties do you care about for your keyboard? Corrosion is important when it’s for outdoors. Extrudability doesn’t really matter here. So what is it that makes you care about 6063?

Offline ButDutWut

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 20:51:52 »
I'd love some more pictures of the sides where the bottom peeks through. The red top and the black top red bottom are looking really nice from the renders.

Edit: I just saw you mentioned more angles coming soon. Nice.

Offline samisles10

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 22:45:59 »
Im very interested in this. i have two questions
  • would i be able to join GB if im in the US?
  • is the GB unlimited?

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 02:51:26 »

Again, which of these properties do you care about for your keyboard? Corrosion is important when it’s for outdoors. Extrudability doesn’t really matter here. So what is it that makes you care about 6063?

Some factories don't work with 6061 at all because it doesn't anodize as nicely as 6063, that may be one example

Offline Scriba

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:27:17 »

dude, I didn't say that 6061 alu wouldn't be a nice keyboard. but it's just a fact, that the surface and the anodize is better / higher quality. just compare a 6061 and 6063 by yourself at a keeb community meeting.

It's cool that HephaestusWorks will check out 6063 and look out for the difference, then we will see what he thinks about it.

Offline rt_es

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 20:57:58 »
Do you think we could get a typing test of the prototype?

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 06:46:32 »
Hype!

Offline ctrl.alt.deee

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 22:17:00 »
Looks great! Would love to see a bit more of the side profile on the proto :D

Offline voelzmo

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 03:00:29 »

dude, I didn't say that 6061 alu wouldn't be a nice keyboard. but it's just a fact, that the surface and the anodize is better / higher quality. just compare a 6061 and 6063 by yourself at a keeb community meeting.

It's cool that HephaestusWorks will check out 6063 and look out for the difference, then we will see what he thinks about it.

Thanks for educating me on why you’re preferring 6063. I saw people asking for Alu 6063 in a few places and really wanted to understand what they were looking for.

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 18:13:03 »
The first prototype has arrived! There are a couple of issues which have been resolved. Mainly the gasket system is being redone since the gaskets at the moment are a little bit too small thus not resulting in the best gasket keyboard experience. In addition to that some more space has been added below the pcb to ensure that the keyboard has ample room to flex and work well even with softer plate materials like polycarbonate or POM.

Here are some prototype pictures for you to enjoy, we will be taking better pictures of many different angles sometime in the next days!

Thank you for sharing the photos of the prototype! Looks great!

Offline Toady01

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 21:06:38 »
This is sexy.
No blue colors?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 03:53:22 »
Very interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline maximize

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 18:58:38 »
Stunning. Love the work going into this.
Do you think this will make it to GB this year?
Also, please do a raffle, not FCFS!

Offline mattling9

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 04:26:06 »
You think we're can change the bottom weight and rubber feet to be something like this? It would look as beautiful on the bottom as it does on the top.

Right now i think the current weight, weight logo and rubber feet let the beautiful aesthetic of the board down.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 20:44:46 »
annoying request: possible to have an option for no engraving on the weight?

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 13:58:22 »
Interested
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 04:08:39 »
Very interested.
Thank you very much!

This is sexy.
No blue colors?
Appreciate the kind words! There will be a navy blue available, we will be releasing the pantones by the end of the week!

annoying request: possible to have an option for no engraving on the weight?
Unfortunately that will not be an option during the group buy however we may consider taking custom requests afterwards.

Stunning. Love the work going into this.
Do you think this will make it to GB this year?
Also, please do a raffle, not FCFS!
Thank you very much for your support! As things currently stand we're probably not going to be able to start the sale within the year, however it will be very early next year. As far as the sale is concerned we are still figuring out how it will be but we'll consider all options!

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 04:09:29 »
Looks great! Would love to see a bit more of the side profile on the proto :D
Thank you! We have posted some new pictures that showcase the sides a bit better as well, feel free to check those out.

Offline Bloo Blah Blay

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 16:08:06 »
Is there a default top and bottom casing or will be have the choice of choosing each of the color.
If it is preset, can you tell us what they are please?

Thank you,

Offline I.Hiyori

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 00:45:29 »
Definitely looking forward to this, also custom orders on an alice layout would be nice.

Offline xef

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 03:49:25 »
In if PC is an option

Offline Steelbloo

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 18:54:01 »
Is there an estimated lead time yet for when the gb ends?

Offline bkinsman

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 17:51:23 »
any chance of an AU proxy?

Offline iamtienng

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 23:55:09 »
Please give me a slot ;-;

Offline Vhawk

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 01:01:56 »
Still watching this and still praying I get a slot in the gb :(

Offline Qwapa

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 21:18:00 »
This is a really nice board the bottom weight is really nice and the price is good all around good board!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 04:43:55 »
Looking forward to this board in 2021
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Futz_

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 17:46:06 »
Looking forward to more future GB! Is there an estimate for which month it will occur?

Offline bert039

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 12:30:45 »
Really love how the side profile looks with the curve and the contrast in color!

Offline alspdx

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 14:42:28 »
Been following since the initial post, glad to see this is still in progress. Any updates to the timeline?

Offline mariocs

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 16:10:56 »
I'm so into this! Any updates?

Offline Frilllan

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 08:44:07 »
I need this!

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 17:06:53 »
The GB will be open for about a month or until the maximum number of units is reached.

Looking forward to more future GB! Is there an estimate for which month it will occur?
We are aiming for the sale to start before the end of Q1

Is there a default top and bottom casing or will be have the choice of choosing each of the color.

Thank you,
You will be able to choose different colors for all the parts if you want to!

No such plans currently. Keebwerk will be handling everything!

Been following since the initial post, glad to see this is still in progress. Any updates to the timeline?
Yes, we are aiming to start the sale by the end of Q1

Final prototype is done, waiting on it. We will build it, record sound tests and then set up the sale. The pcb's are also done and confirmed functional!

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:47:44 »
awesome, thanks so much for the updates.  I'm beyond excited now.  The suspense is killing me.

The GB will be open for about a month or until the maximum number of units is reached.

We are aiming for the sale to start before the end of Q1

Thank you,
You will be able to choose different colors for all the parts if you want to!

No such plans currently. Keebwerk will be handling everything!

Yes, we are aiming to start the sale by the end of Q1

Final prototype is done, waiting on it. We will build it, record sound tests and then set up the sale. The pcb's are also done and confirmed functional!

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 00:40:52 »
Lurking for a long time for this and still lurking! Q1 pls go by quickly! xD

Offline De1ux

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 18:23:38 »
Awesome work on the keyboard an Im excited to hear that the GB will happen soon :D. Have you decided how many units will be available? you say the GB will be open for a month or until the limit is hit, so does this mean there is a High soft cap on how many keebs there will be, and that the keyboard wont be sold out in the first 10 seconds? :D

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 18:34:24 »
This is a great question.  Hopefully its long enough for me to get it.

Awesome work on the keyboard an Im excited to hear that the GB will happen soon :D. Have you decided how many units will be available? you say the GB will be open for a month or until the limit is hit, so does this mean there is a High soft cap on how many keebs there will be, and that the keyboard wont be sold out in the first 10 seconds? :D