Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2024-03-19] In-stock sale imminent!  (Read 106891 times)

Offline debo

Re: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2021-04-06] Minor Update
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 01:59:14 »
Apologies for not replying more directly! My original opinion was to offer it if enough people asked for it, but since there’s no MOQ on non-base kits I suspect it should be fine to add anyway. My computer and desk are all packed up in boxes right now so I’ll probably not be moving this further along for a week or more, but my intention is to pick up the thread in mid/late April.

Hi Kapowaz, I owe an apology in case I sounded harsh or pushy, I didn't mean to come across that way nad thanks a ton for the useful update in such a stressful and busy time like a house move. I really hope the neutral can be squeezed in eventually, more now I wish you all the best for everything and we will all eagerly wait for you to come back to normality. Cheers.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 02:02:27 »
Really cool idea, and great execution.

I want to remark especially on the icons; you managed to get fresh, non-standard icons that are not "overdone". Outside of some specific sets of Cherry-style icons, I don't think I've come across an icon-only mod kit that I'd actually be happy looking at.

My only suggestion is to consider using the more line-centric Command/Apple logo for the default command/win key; the stroked version goes better with the other stroked icons, IMO. Either way, that icon seems like it's a bit too big, and could get sized down a 1-2mm

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 15:22:46 »
Great theme on this, I instantly thought of the Adobe icons after seeing the colors. I spend a lot of time in Illustrator, might have to pick some kits up if it launches.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Kuratar

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 01:29:18 »
As a person who was there while GMK Umbra was running and regretted not joining the groupbuy, this design hits really close to GMK Umbra so I'm glad that to an extent, I'm given another chance for this colorway. Really appreciate also adding the neutral alphas.

Offline Peter_Porker

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 02:38:29 »
You should try to do a premiere pro version. It would be too notch. Either way love the set.

Offline FamDK

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 09:02:49 »
AI gang rises up. Nice kit, definitely would cope  :thumb:

Offline tonnyzzzzz

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 13:01:47 »
Can't wait!

Offline Mlen

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 14:58:15 »
I'm looking forward to this one, too. hope you get around to launching it!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 15:15:13 »
I sort of hate to do this but I feel the need to ask the question again. Will there be a modern neutral kit as well? As many other pointed out it's a must have for those who will go for that theme.

Apologies for not replying more directly! My original opinion was to offer it if enough people asked for it, but since there’s no MOQ on non-base kits I suspect it should be fine to add anyway. My computer and desk are all packed up in boxes right now so I’ll probably not be moving this further along for a week or more, but my intention is to pick up the thread in mid/late April.
Hi, can you consider adding a R2 pipe key "\|" key to both alpha kits for ISO-US support?

Offline Avijit

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 00:33:49 »
I only have one request, samples before gb  :thumb:

Offline IRLRaptor

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 03:51:40 »
phew! these are so clean, I cant wait to see an update on them~

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 03:58:08 »
Hi, can you consider adding a R2 pipe key "\|" key to both alpha kits for ISO-US support?

There’s an R2 pipe key in the Modern kits.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 05:00:26 »
Hey folks! Just wanted to post a quick update on here to let you know where I’m at with this keyset since it’s been a while since any tangible updates. I’ve recently moved house and with a little toddler running around there’s been very little time for anything except house-related admin, but I’m hoping to start picking up work on this soon. I have a few small kitting changes to resolve (neutral F keys being one, adding neutral AltGr keys to the NorDe kit being another) and I have the small matter of getting manufacturer quotes to resolve too. Until now they’ve not been in a position to quote as they’re still refining the process, but as soon as I do I’ll post an update. Just for everyone’s benefit: I have several vendors lined up (basically all the regions listed, plus a couple more) so I’m fairly confident this can be moved to GB stage once the quotes are out!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 12:30:19 »
Perfect, take your time - really looking forwad to this

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 14 May 2021, 01:24:34 »
Good to hear, better make sure everything is good than rush it and end up with issues :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline summerqm

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 16:34:56 »
So I just had this idea and am wondering if this can be made with the set: is it possible to include a novelty set that's a uniform R1 profile with all the icons from the toolbar? I am just drawing with Adobe Illustrator today and thought it could be super helpful to have a 2x10 macropad (e.g. butterknife from sneakbox) with these uniform keys, so I can have the macropad right next to a tablet for easy command toggles....

Offline saltimate

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 17:58:03 »
So I just had this idea and am wondering if this can be made with the set: is it possible to include a novelty set that's a uniform R1 profile with all the icons from the toolbar? I am just drawing with Adobe Illustrator today and thought it could be super helpful to have a 2x10 macropad (e.g. butterknife from sneakbox) with these uniform keys, so I can have the macropad right next to a tablet for easy command toggles....

this but uniform r2 or r3

Offline Doblki

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 00:08:19 »
Thanks for the update! Really looking forward for what's next =D

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 16:43:04 »
I actually dig this a lot.

Offline saltimate

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 08:27:54 »
is it too late to ask for a second 2.25u spacebar in the 40s?

Offline juju.C

• Keyboard Central
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 08:38:24 »
Could you pleeeeeeease add in Ergo kit? This is end game worthy for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juju (aka Julian)

Instagram: room A Keyboard Studio
https://www.instagram.com/room.a.kb/

https://keyboardcentral.net

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 01:50:01 »
ne updates avail? :(

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 05:08:50 »
ne updates avail? :(

Actually! Yes, soon — I’m preparing design files for a first set of samples, which has also resulted in me reworking some of the kitting. I’ll share details here as soon as I can!

Offline vanda

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 06:23:17 »
Well done man, I love PS. This might be the one

Offline AshF

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 17:39:17 »
That neutral set looks awesome, great work

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Offline CharlotteS

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 21:02:31 »
Photoshop is! I'm in! Reserve it.

Offline Daim

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 22:59:25 »
I'd like to see if there is a possibility to add ID mods. Blue base and pink mods would be sick!

Offline kevinave

• keebing it cool
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 23:40:18 »
I'm seriously liking the set, the colors, font, and icons are so unique. I would love to rock these caps on any board I own.

Offline YXXX

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 23:37:11 »
Cannot wait for this to come to fruition

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 06:52:16 »
The <> key belongs to the Norde kit and not the base set that already carries the \| key that goes with the UK layout. But, the Norde should have the <>\ and <>|, which covers Danish, Swedish, and Finish variations. An option is to leave the <> key in the base and provide the other two in the Norde kit. I have some reservations against the current trend to provide the <> and base sets to cover iso-like layouts with 1.25u left shift, and I think that \| key is a better match for it when the pipe-backslash cannot be fitted over the Enter-key due to the ISO-enter.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 13:05:31 »
The <> key belongs to the Norde kit and not the base set that already carries the \| key that goes with the UK layout. But, the Norde should have the <>\ and <>|, which covers Danish, Swedish, and Finish variations. An option is to leave the <> key in the base and provide the other two in the Norde kit. I have some reservations against the current trend to provide the <> and base sets to cover iso-like layouts with 1.25u left shift, and I think that \| key is a better match for it when the pipe-backslash cannot be fitted over the Enter-key due to the ISO-enter.

cough

It's normally provided for "terminal ISO US", which is preferable to normal ISO US as it doesn't contain two of the same key.

In this case you are correct - no R2 \| key is provided so there's no need for the R1 <> in base as it's opted for the UK layout.

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 14:19:47 »
Please add an R1 1U equals key to your numpad kits!

Running split (+) with the 1U minus and plus keys sort of leaves a blank in the R1 1U spot above. Would be great to see the equals key in there!

Offline goonstrangler

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 03:49:12 »
Lovin this, any updates on this one soon?

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 04:03:43 »
Lovin this, any updates on this one soon?

Yes, hopefully soon!

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 05:08:45 »
Actually, I can post a brief description of where I’m at with the project.

As some of you may know, it’s taken time for EnjoyPBT to refine their reverse dyesub mould, meaning that many projects using ePBT have been on hold. That process is finally starting to look ready for production, and so samples for various sets are starting to come together. Mine should hopefully be in that group soon.

In the meantime I’ve spent considerable time completely reworking the design, moving from using Illustrator to using Figma to manage the set. This was time consuming but definitely worth the effort, as I currently have a total of 18 kits (!!!) and managing these all within a single Illustrator file was becoming impossible. Using Figma’s component system makes it a lot easier for me to tweak things and have the changes propagate across the entire set of kits. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the irony of designing an Illustrator-inspired set of keycaps in Figma is not lost on me!

I’ve also been working on some as-yet unannounced extras that will be part of the group buy, including artisans and other cool things to complement the set. More details (including product renders etc.) will accompany the full group buy, which I’m hoping will take place within the next couple of months!

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 10:41:11 »

As some of you may know, it’s taken time for EnjoyPBT to refine their reverse dyesub mould, meaning that many projects using ePBT have been on hold. That process is finally starting to look ready for production, and so samples for various sets are starting to come together. Mine should hopefully be in that group soon.

In the meantime I’ve spent considerable time completely reworking the design, moving from using Illustrator to using Figma to manage the set. This was time consuming but definitely worth the effort, as I currently have a total of 18 kits (!!!) and managing these all within a single Illustrator file was becoming impossible. Using Figma’s component system makes it a lot easier for me to tweak things and have the changes propagate across the entire set of kits. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the irony of designing an Illustrator-inspired set of keycaps in Figma is not lost on me!

I’ve also been working on some as-yet unannounced extras that will be part of the group buy, including artisans and other cool things to complement the set. More details (including product renders etc.) will accompany the full group buy, which I’m hoping will take place within the next couple of months!

lol happy to see Figma being used for designing keysets! Consider getting a Figma kit?! I know our Figma people would be interested to it a lot, but since it's already so many kits, maybe R2?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2021, 10:49:38 by ZongZiWang »

Offline goonstrangler

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 22:14:16 »
Great to hear kapowaz, thx for the update. I hope the new designs don't stray too far from the original renders, those fantastic sublegends and colorways are what got me so hooked on the first place. I have complete confidence in you though, best of luck!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 17:53:44 »
The circled keycap has the legends wrong. It shall be ,; instead. It is part of the Norde kit.

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 18:12:07 »

glad to hear! any confirmed vendors yet?

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 02:55:50 »

The circled keycap has the legends wrong. It shall be ,; instead. It is part of the Norde kit.

Thanks for pointing that out - I’ll make sure it’s fixed (assuming it hasn’t already been, I’ve made quite a few kitting changes from the existing renders)!

glad to hear! any confirmed vendors yet?

I have vendors lined up for all major regions; I’ll post a full update including this information when it’s ready!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 18:04:07 »

Thanks for pointing that out - I’ll make sure it’s fixed (assuming it hasn’t already been, I’ve made quite a few kitting changes from the existing renders)!

I have been seen other ePBT renders with the same error, I hope that it is just on their renders and not in their manufacturing.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 18:48:35 »
I have been seen other ePBT renders with the same error, I hope that it is just on their renders and not in their manufacturing.

ePBT is all dyesub, so the majority of sets will have bespoke legends anyway. My guess is the error exists in Keyboard Render Kit’s default NorDe legends and it propagated from there.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 21:04:32 »

ePBT is all dyesub, so the majority of sets will have bespoke legends anyway. My guess is the error exists in Keyboard Render Kit’s default NorDe legends and it propagated from there.

Yeah, it sounds like you nailed it.

Offline sassquatch

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 09:08:00 »
Are there any new developments with this? I have a pocket full of cash and I'm practically drooling over this entire set. And look, before I get handled, I don't know how these processes play out, ok? This would be my first GB, but its weird to me that this has been in an IC stage for half a year. Educate me if you must, but I'm just barreling into this thread without any consideration of the typical M.O. for ICs/GBs, this forum, or the hobby. I'm simply an outsider with an interest and a question; where these keys at?

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 09:16:27 »
Are there any new developments with this? I have a pocket full of cash and I'm practically drooling over this entire set. And look, before I get handled, I don't know how these processes play out, ok? This would be my first GB, but its weird to me that this has been in an IC stage for half a year. Educate me if you must, but I'm just barreling into this thread without any consideration of the typical M.O. for ICs/GBs, this forum, or the hobby. I'm simply an outsider with an interest and a question; where these keys at?

Absolutely fine for you to ask! This will be my first keycap set too, so there are probably things I’ve done that I’d do differently in future which have delayed things. The major cause of delay was on the manufacturer end as they had to wait for their new mould to be ready; it is now, and so the delay is back with me again as I’ve decided to update the kitting to support various other languages. I’m working away on that and hopefully samples will be produced soon. I’m also working on various collaborations which I’m keeping secret right now, but will reveal all soon!

Offline touch

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 09:05:59 »
Love everything about it except the enter key. Maybe I'm too used to the angular look of it, however to me, the roundedness of it feels like an inessential appendage to the overall style of the set. I'd love to see how well a more angular enter key might fit in with the rest.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
Re: [IC] ePBT Creative Studio - [2021-09-20] Kitting Mega-Update!
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 15:59:46 »
Just a quick bump to let folks know that there’s a major kitting update on the original post. Go check it out!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 19:35:55 »
Just a quick bump to let folks know that there’s a major kitting update on the original post. Go check it out!

Behold, on the third day he created the new kitting and saw that it was good.

Offline sulfur6

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 23:36:59 »
Came back to this IC just to stare at the lovely concepts again and was pleasantly surprised to also receive an update! Super happy to see this moving along and absolutely cannot wait to get in on this GB soon!

Offline Nascent

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 10:58:30 »
Great looking set. I love the addition of the Italian/Spanish/Portuguese kit. I just miss the R3 `^[ for perfect ISO-ES compatibility. Also R2 ´¨ with tertiary legends would be ´¨{ in ISO-ES.