Author Topic: [IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest [Updated Kit + Renders]  (Read 9240 times)

Offline berrymart

286762-0

Hello and welcome to the IC for DSA POKI!

As this is my first set I thought it might be good to give a quick lil introduction. You can call me berryn, I’ve been in this hobby a little over 4 years now and only recently built my first keeb (lol).

This set is inspired by my character, Poki. Poki enjoys ear rubs, strawberries, and milk (she can and WILL steal yours!). When I look at Poki, I feel happy. I’ve tried to reflect that dreamy feeling in this set and I hope this color palette will be able to bring you the same warmth! This set will be run using doubleshot ABS plastic.

286764-1

IC LINK HERE ◕ᴥ◕

Want to stay up to date? DISCORD INSTAGRAM

Vendors

USA: TBA
CANADA: TBA
EU: TBA
OCE: TBA
ASIA: TBA

Kits

286766-2
Alphas kit with ISO support.

286768-3
TKL Mods with ISO support. Provides coverage for most boards sized 60%-TKL.

286770-4
Orthos/40s kit.

286772-5
Novelties Kit.

286774-6
Numpad Kit.

286776-7
NorDe+ Kit.

DSA POKI RENDERS

Paragon (Artemis Design Studio)
286778-8

286780-9

Nemui (Bachoo)
286782-10

286784-11

M65-A (Rama Works)
286786-12

Fuji65 (CMM Studio)
286788-13

286790-14

COLOUR PROFILE

286792-15

This set uses 4, dreamy, soft colors and will be color matched to their pantone samples.

DESKMAT DESIGN

286794-16
Strawberry Deskmat.

286796-17
Milky Deskmat.

286798-18
Dreamy Deskmat.

ARTISANS & CABLES

Open for collab :3 Please discord me on berry#4955!

POKI WRIST REST DESIGN + INFO

286800-19

Keep all 16 inches of Poki with you and complete the set. Poki will be made of soft, mochi like plush fabric with 4 way stretch to allow her to contour to your wrist placement. She is filled with a mix of plush beads (near the bottom) to provide stability as well as loose plush filling so you can squish her all you want.

• Professionally embroidered details
  • Premium, soft 4-way plush fabric
  • Printed fur pattern
  • 16 inches long, perfect for most 60-75% layouts
  • Stuffed loosely with plush beads to help keep her grounded

Coming soon:

• Potential collabs
  • POKI wrist rest render!
  • Prices

Thanks to:

KRK community for helping me through blender

Signature

Show your support with our signature!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117260.0][img width=240 height=120]https://imgur.com/dipHLmj.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2022, 03:08:21 by berrymart »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 21:34:19 »
(Attachment Link) UM.. i am working out how to use this. please wait lol!!
No prob, I love DSA profile, so waiting isn't a problem. My only request is for a 40s kit

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 22:43:52 »
Kitting is missing pretty much everything at the moment? Split backspace, split right shift, f13, stepped caps, 65s support, etc.

Also, the wrist rest seems way too tall regardless of how much it compresses.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2022, 22:52:19 by ankit-sachdeva »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline berrymart

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 22:56:51 »
(Attachment Link) UM.. i am working out how to use this. please wait lol!!
No prob, I love DSA profile, so waiting isn't a problem. My only request is for a 40s kit

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I'll definitely look into a 40s kit and see what we can do. If you haven't already, please consider filling in the IC!  ;D

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 23:01:19 »
cool set & all but i think that you should go into pre-ic before really posting onto here. kitting is basic/lackluster and offers the bare minimum a base kit can offer. inspiration seems cool tho and i hope that this will come to fruition. glwic
boards: anura

Offline berrymart

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 23:07:36 »
Kitting is missing pretty much everything at the moment? Split backspace, split right shift, f13, stepped caps, 65s support, etc.

Also, the wrist rest seems way too tall regardless of how much it compresses.

Sorry I should've clarified in the photos since the "coming soon" section is quite low. Kitting is still being worked on and these are only early initial renders to see what the community thinks. If you have a specific kit you'd like to see please consider filling in the IC.

Thanks for the wrist rest feedback! The wrist rest was based off normal wrist rests which are usually about 2cm -2.8cm. The beading will only be within the bottom 1cm to give more room for the filling to squish. I've updated to 3cm which seems more realistic but will continue reworking it a bit more!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 May 2022, 23:16:34 by berrymart »

Offline berrymart

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 23:15:34 »
cool set & all but i think that you should go into pre-ic before really posting onto here. kitting is basic/lackluster and offers the bare minimum a base kit can offer. inspiration seems cool tho and i hope that this will come to fruition. glwic

Thank you for the feedback! I was unaware that there was an area for pre-IC, could you please guide me to the right place?

I also want to note that there are no kits atm as it's currently being worked on (mentioned in coming soon) and the post was to gather interest and see what kits the community would like to see.

Thank you for the kind words! I hope to see you on the other side :) 

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 23:16:43 »
if i'm going to be fully honest i have never liked DSA that much or the look of DSA keycaps, putting that aside this is a really solid set.
while i doubt i would join the GB for the actual keycaps the wrist wrest is a pretty funny design and I will consider buying that, nice keycaps and design!

Offline andromache

Re: [PRE-IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 07:53:20 »
I love the wristrest concept but the set itself definitely needs work. For colors, definitely buy the physical SP stock color chips, and any colors that aren't covered by stock colors, get a Pantone book.

I feel like it is too early in your project for more meaningful feedback right now.

Offline JustMilica

• A weeb
Re: [PRE-IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 21:38:35 »
No ISO support?

Offline berrymart

Re: [PRE-IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest [Updated Kit + Renders]
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 01:55:10 »
I love the wristrest concept but the set itself definitely needs work. For colors, definitely buy the physical SP stock color chips, and any colors that aren't covered by stock colors, get a Pantone book.

I feel like it is too early in your project for more meaningful feedback right now.
Thank you for the initial feedback! I'm awaiting SP's response before ordering some color chips but colour matching IS in progress! I've also updated the post with better kitting and render info and would love some feedback!

No ISO support?
Apologies, the previous images were only initial renders. I've since finalized kits and have updated the post to reflect that. Let me know what you think! :)

if i'm going to be fully honest i have never liked DSA that much or the look of DSA keycaps, putting that aside this is a really solid set.
while i doubt i would join the GB for the actual keycaps the wrist wrest is a pretty funny design and I will consider buying that, nice keycaps and design!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you're interested in the wrist rest and can't wait to see it in the wild!

Offline berrymart

Re: [PRE-IC] DSA POKI ◕ᴥ◕ + Poki Wrist Rest [Updated Kit + Renders]
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 02:12:57 »
31-05-22 UPDATES
- new signature
- kits updated
- novelties revealed
- fonts update from upper case to lower case
- renders uploaded
- deskmat designs revealed