Author Topic: [IC] System_65 › Top Mount | Front Facing Weight | 19.4mm Front Height  (Read 4270 times)

Offline mozaic

• [IG] Mozaic
System_65 Interest Check

Feedback Form

Before you continue, note this is a summarized version of the details.
Read the full details here: https://shop.mozaic.dev/pages/system_65-interest-check
Instagram: @mozaic.dev

Intro
Hello everyone, I've been in this hobby for over four years now and my favourite aspect is the ability to really make a keyboard your own. The extensive DIY nature
of this hobby is amazing, and I've always enjoyed learning more about how things work. One of the things I explored early on was how to create PCBs from Gondolindrim and
Mr.Keebs, this allowed me to bring older keyboards back with USB Type C. Slowly I started to learn about CG rendering and the intricacies of case design, and the beginnings of
my first keyboard design were taking place (and a macro pad, but we'll talk about that later ;)). Since this was a personal project and I was self-funding it, I decided to take a safer
approach and not rush anything. The first prototypes arrived in August 2022, ever since I've switched to using it exclusively on a daily basis, and it's a very comfortable typing
experience. Since then, I have been working hard to get all the other details regarding this keyboard design ready, so that others can enjoy it as well. New prototypes are almost
finished machining and should arrive in a few weeks, which will be shared with a few creators to show off.

I'm happy to finally share details of this long project of mine, System_65.

Variants (for initial sale)
These variants were chosen for the first sale because they match most keycap sets well. I understand that to some people
these options may seem “boring”, but it's only the initial sale that will be limited to these variants to ease QC & fulfillment.
There will be more variants available in the future. (You can suggest cool color/material variants in the feedback form)

Variant| Azure Odyssey| Imperial White| Triple Black
Top| Silver| White (E-coat)| Black
Bottom| Silver| White (E-coat)| Black
Accent Weight| Blue PVD| Black PVD| Black PVD
Badge| Blue PVD| Black PVD| Black PVD

Details
- Front facing weight, attached via magnets
- Badge on the bottom, attached via magnets
- Raised back, similar to Pro HG
- PCB and plate support all layout options
- PCB hotswap and solderable, supports QMK and VIA
- Plate options | Aluminum, PC (1.5mm and/or 5mm), FR-4

Specifications
Layout: 65% | split backspace, split left shift, ANSI/ISO enter, 6.25/7u spacebar
Mounting: Top mount, 5 points (1 optional)
Typing Angle: 7 degrees
Front Height (Adjusted): 19.4 mm
Weight (Unbuilt): ~1.22 kg

What's Included
- Bottom
- Plate
- Accent Weight
- Badge
- PCB (+ Daughterboard, JST)
- SKUF (feet)
- Screws (torx)
- Magnets (pre-installed)
- Custom Packaging

Sale Format
Type: Limited Pre-Order, followed by In-Stock sale
Group Buy: TBD, please fill out feedback form. (Also looking for regional vendors)
Vendor: Mozaic
Date: 2024, TBA
Pricing: Not finalized but aiming for ~$425 USD (Pre-order) or lower if possible.
Add-ons: TBD, please fill out feedback form.

To-Do
- Evaluate new prototypes, make necessary adjustments (some changes already made).
- Packaging | Currently being designed, will get samples soon.
- Create a build guide
- Finalize Pricing
- Determine group buy feasibility

Concept Variants (more concepts here)
These are a few of the concept variants for a group buy. Some fun two-tone designs/materials and some racing themed variants.

Blush RougeCharlie's Chocolate
Rosso CorsaRacing Green

Prototypes (Renders represent final design)
Old (Album)
- Screws for accent weight
- No badge
- No Hotswap support

New (Album will be added later)
- Magnets for accent weight
- Added a badge
- Adjusted case design to support hotswap PCB
- Reduced screw count for assembly

- Final (Shown in renders)
- Changed magnets size
- Fixed case design clearance for hotswap support

If you think something is missing from this IC or would like clarification, please comment below. :)

For updates, please follow on Instagram @mozaic.dev
or joining the mailing list on my website https://shop.mozaic.dev/

Offline irithyll

Re: [IC] System_65 › Top Mount | Front Facing Weight | 19.4mm Front Height
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 December 2023, 13:31:05 »
I’ve been following this project for quite a while now and am excited to see it get closer to the sales.
I think the Blush Rouge colorway looks amazing! Might have to wait for the gb for it though.
GLWIC!

Offline mozaic

• [IG] Mozaic
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 December 2023, 20:37:49 »
I’ve been following this project for quite a while now and am excited to see it get closer to the sales.
I think the Blush Rouge colorway looks amazing! Might have to wait for the gb for it though.
GLWIC!

Hey thanks for following along, it means a lot to me.

I also want to make it clear that if a GB is confirmed, all variants that would be available for the GB will have prototypes prior to the start of the GB.
Not sample pieces of scrap materials with the required finishing, but actual working prototype keyboard builds.
I have no intention of making something for sale that hasn't been tested.  :)

Offline Designz

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 03:37:10 »
Design looks really unique. Any updates on this one?