Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 305804 times)

Offline gutsack

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1050 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 13:03:30 »
Hey, uh... Pay attention when you install the stabilizers! (I was distracted, talking to my gf)

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #1051 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 13:12:38 »
Any recommendation on what polish to use on the pvd brass back weight?

Offline ttot

« Reply #1052 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 13:16:00 »
hell yeah, got my notification today :)
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #1053 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 14:12:20 »
I'm having an issue with my spacebar stab catching on some keypresses. It's like something is pinching. Any suggestions? GMK Led Zep on it with GMK screw in stabs

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 14:57:30 »
I'm having an issue with my spacebar stab catching on some keypresses. It's like something is pinching. Any suggestions? GMK Led Zep on it with GMK screw in stabs

Try to eliminate different things to deduce the cause. First try a different profile space bar. Then try a different switch type. Then try it without a space bar on it and see if the stabs are catching something. Then try it without a switch and use some tweezers to life the stabs up and down and see if they catch. There's some suggestions before you go removing all the switches and caps - hope this helps guy.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #1055 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 15:10:18 »
Hey, uh... Pay attention when you install the stabilizers! (I was distracted, talking to my gf)

Show Image

Show Image

I was able to fix it by scraping some of the solder mask off the via near the pad that ripped off, so all is well, but others might not share my luck.

:eek: Was she naked at the time? IDK how you can forget stems and stab wires too...

j/k... sorry for your loss

F
Well I was putting the whole assembled 2U stab in at the time, and I had the whole thing upside down.
It's my first PCB that has another convenient hole right where the proper stab hole should be...

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1056 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 15:24:27 »

Try to eliminate different things to deduce the cause. First try a different profile space bar. Then try a different switch type. Then try it without a space bar on it and see if the stabs are catching something. Then try it without a switch and use some tweezers to life the stabs up and down and see if they catch. There's some suggestions before you go removing all the switches and caps - hope this helps guy.

Yeah, it can be a be any number of things or a culmination of multiple things.

Are the stabs lubed? What switches are you using and what spring weight? Is the stab bar properly seated in the stab channel and the slider itself?

In the past, I've had issues with lighter weight springs and thicker lubed stabs (tactiles). The overall weight was a little too light to provide enough force for return.

Alternatively, I've had sticking due to the stab bar popping out of the channel.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1057 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 21:55:07 »
yussssss

got that shipping notification!

HYPE!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 22:10:45 »

Try pressing on the far edges of the space bar.  Press one side and see if the other one pops off of the stabilizer.  If that is happening, add a small square of plastic wrap between the keycap and stabilizer insert.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #1059 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 22:19:36 »

Yeah, it can be a be any number of things or a culmination of multiple things.

Are the stabs lubed? What switches are you using and what spring weight? Is the stab bar properly seated in the stab channel and the slider itself?

In the past, I've had issues with lighter weight springs and thicker lubed stabs (tactiles). The overall weight was a little too light to provide enough force for return.

Alternatively, I've had sticking due to the stab bar popping out of the channel.

The stabs are lubed, and I'm using Cherry MX silent blacks. It's only catching on the downstroke and when I press on the left half of the spacebar. The stabs seem to be securely installed. It happens with two different GMK spacebars but isn't an issue with the SA one. Not really sure how to fix it.

Offline r0b1n4sale

« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 01:47:00 »
Got mine.
Lake + ff yellow + Laser
Lake appears to be much darker for me. Would go for a silver board next time.
Nice board.

通过我的 ONEPLUS A3000 上的 Tapatalk发言

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1061 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 06:01:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

I was able to fix it by scraping some of the solder mask off the via near the pad that ripped off, so all is well, but others might not share my luck.

:o Was she naked at the time? IDK how you can forget stems and stab wires too...

j/k... sorry for your loss

F
Well I was putting the whole assembled 2U stab in at the time, and I had the whole thing upside down.
It's my first PCB that has another convenient hole right where the proper stab hole should be...

OUCH! So glad you fixed it though  :-*  We have a guide up here which shows where the stabiliser hole locations are: https://rama.works/guides#/m60a-pcb-stab-switch-installation/ :)

----

Another batch being picked up tomorrow!

One more batch and ALL orders will be shipped! On that note, there's still a lot of orders which have missing phone numbers, please check your spam folder to see if we've sent you a message regarding this. Thankyou!
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #1062 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 06:05:21 »

Loving Godspeed on the Moon!! one of my favorites yet

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #1063 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 14:50:39 »
 here is mine:

build process was easy. using halo clears, zeal stabs (my box didn't come with stabs, but I was planning on using these anyway), Keyboard & Co. caps for now.

with the weight IT IS SO HEAVY

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 15:37:13 »
here is mine:
Show Image

build process was easy. using halo clears, zeal stabs (my box didn't come with stabs, but I was planning on using these anyway), Keyboard & Co. caps for now.

Looks great! Is that GMK Necro?

Offline Atredl

Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 16:15:48 »
here is mine:
Show Image

Looks great! Is that GMK Necro?

Keyboard & Co. caps for now.

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 21:31:42 »
Just curious, will there be extra back weights still available to purchase?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Offline Regret

• I regret nothing
« Reply #1067 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 22:08:48 »
Just got my shipping notification! So excited! It's coming this friday, but i'll be out of the country until December 1st  :-[ :-[
No.2 Rev.1 | Gat Black Inks | OG Dyesubs \\ No.1/65 Silver & Brass | Retooled Cherry Blacks | GMK Coniferous \\ Ai03 Lunar | SKCM Blues | AEK \\ Aeryx Aegis 1800 | C3 Tangerines | GMK WoB

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1068 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 22:15:38 »
Just curious, will there be extra back weights still available to purchase?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Yep! We'll have extras :D Just waiting to ship the final batch and wait for everyone to receive their keyboards first :)
Should be of both the back weight and internal weight!

Just got my shipping notification! So excited! It's coming this friday, but i'll be out of the country until December 1st  :-[ :-[
Is someone going to be able to receive it?? I think DHL can hold if on vacation by calling and quoting AWB. Or I'm not sure if shipment options are also sent to you but it's usually there as well :) Next time email me and we can hold the package here until ready to ship also :D

---

also love the keyboard pics above!! definitely right that it's super heavy with the internal weight, almost irrationally so  :p
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1069 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 22:53:37 »
also love the keyboard pics above!! definitely right that it's super heavy with the internal weight, almost irrationally so  :p

I was waylaid by a French colleague leaving work on Friday night, carrying my M60-A in one hand, by the time I extricated myself from the conversation, I'd pulled a tendon in my arm...

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #1070 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:00:21 »
Thursday I will receive mine, 102€ of customs, I dare not imagine the koyu tank...  :-[

KMK Labs

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1071 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:05:29 »
My SAGE M60-A arrived some days ago, and I finally got to assemble it. The green is a beautiful color for the anodizing -- the thick, integrated plate, as I expected, is quite stiff, so typing overall has a clack-ey sound signature. It's not a bad kind of sound, but it's certainly slightly echoey. I have recorded myself typing as well. Here are some photos; enjoy! :thumb:

Typing test is here. Note: keyboard contains internal weight.

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:15:23 by LightningXI »

Offline Regret

• I regret nothing
« Reply #1072 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:37:13 »
Is someone going to be able to receive it?? I think DHL can hold if on vacation by calling and quoting AWB. Or I'm not sure if shipment options are also sent to you but it's usually there as well :) Next time email me and we can hold the package here until ready to ship also :D

Thanks for the concern Rama, one of my roommates will be here next week, so I was able to schedule for it to be delivered the following Monday. I'll have a nice present waiting for me once I get back from Japan :)
No.2 Rev.1 | Gat Black Inks | OG Dyesubs \\ No.1/65 Silver & Brass | Retooled Cherry Blacks | GMK Coniferous \\ Ai03 Lunar | SKCM Blues | AEK \\ Aeryx Aegis 1800 | C3 Tangerines | GMK WoB

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #1073 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:44:01 »

GMK Led Zep looks great on Kuro! Still can’t figure out the space bar stab issue so I guess I’ll put Pulse on it instead.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 14:56:05 »
My SAGE M60-A arrived some days ago, and I finally got to assemble it. The green is a beautiful color for the anodizing -- the thick, integrated plate, as I expected, is quite stiff, so typing overall has a clack-ey sound signature. It's not a bad kind of sound, but it's certainly slightly echoey. I have recorded myself typing as well. Here are some photos; enjoy! :thumb:

Typing test is here. Note: keyboard contains internal weight.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm drooling! Amazing board you've put together there Diego.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1075 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:18:33 »
Show Image

GMK Led Zep looks great on Kuro! Still can’t figure out the space bar stab issue so I guess I’ll put Pulse on it instead.

That looks so cool.  Looks like something out of empire strikes back to me.  The stabilizer issue, you might just try another wire.  You can read what I’ve found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93812.msg2554917

Pictures down lower that help explain.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #1076 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 15:23:37 »
Show Image

That looks so cool.  Looks like something out of empire strikes back to me.  The stabilizer issue, you might just try another wire.  You can read what I’ve found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93812.msg2554917

Pictures down lower that help explain.

Good read. I’ll have to take it all apart and see if that’s my issue

Offline Stagione

« Reply #1077 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 16:38:42 »
I read somewhere that there is a round 2 slated for the near future. Is that correct?

Offline venderzhao

« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 17:57:25 »
I missed this! need a round 2 :p

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #1079 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 19:52:21 »
I read somewhere that there is a round 2 slated for the near future. Is that correct?

There are several selling on mechmarket, but yes there’s another round coming per Rama.

Offline siggerzz

« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 15:36:12 »

Finally got mine through, absolutely love it!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1081 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 16:29:03 »
Show Image

:-* :-* sick build

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #1082 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 16:44:57 »
M60-A Lake with SA Penumbra Solarized.

More photos - https://imgur.com/a/HrihBxb

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 04:05:01 »
still no notification I am dying  :'(

Offline TestostoBoost

« Reply #1084 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 07:29:27 »
Rama and his team have set an incredibly high standard for all future group buys. Everything about this project has been fantastic, from the communication to the quality of the product including the unboxing experience. My wallet is ready for the U80. I don't know if I can throw money at you any faster. Thanks again, Rama.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1085 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 08:29:08 »
Had a quick exchange with RAMA last night — the final batch will be going out this weekend.

Offline bard

« Reply #1086 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 10:36:34 »

Moon
GMK Pristine
MX Silents (Aliaz housing, MX Silent Black stem, SPRiT 63.5g gold spring, lubed with Tribosys 3204)
EPBT stabs
RAMA TypeHype Escape

Thanks RAMA!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2018, 10:40:16 by bard »

« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 11:59:23 »

Finally got mine through, absolutely love it!
All these build pictures are looking great but this is just too good!

Offline bard

« Reply #1088 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 12:06:19 »
how can I put it a bootloader mode? space + b does not work  :eek:

Offline Talljoe

« Reply #1089 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 12:08:35 »
how can I put it a bootloader mode? space + b does not work  :eek:

Hold down escape (top-left key) when plugging in.

Offline bard

« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 12:09:31 »
thanks mate!

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 12:54:06 »
Anyone know the specs for the back weight screws? I may have lost one in my ultra shaggy carpet.

Offline gaunt

« Reply #1092 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 14:05:23 »
Just got mine in Dusk. It really is beautiful, and lives up to my high expectations. I'm also getting a pretty good first impression of Box Royals.

That said, one of the switches doesn't work. I found the troubleshooting page, and determined with shorting that it's the switch and not the PCB/hotswap socket that's the issue, so I'm just going to replace it and hope for the best. However, I don't have a switch remover tool. I can obviously order one, but it seems a bit excessive to make an international order for something so small. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this without a dedicated tool? I tried pushing at both sides of the switch with some pens but that didn't work out very well.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1093 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 14:13:44 »
Just got mine in Dusk. It really is beautiful, and lives up to my high expectations. I'm also getting a pretty good first impression of Box Royals.

That said, one of the switches doesn't work. I found the troubleshooting page, and determined with shorting that it's the switch and not the PCB/hotswap socket that's the issue, so I'm just going to replace it and hope for the best. However, I don't have a switch remover tool. I can obviously order one, but it seems a bit excessive to make an international order for something so small. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this without a dedicated tool? I tried pushing at both sides of the switch with some pens but that didn't work out very well.

Small flat head screwdriver.  Pry the bottom edge and then the top edge while slightly pushing in on the switch.  careful not to scratch the case :)

Offline gaunt

« Reply #1094 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 14:31:00 »
Small flat head screwdriver.  Pry the bottom edge and then the top edge while slightly pushing in on the switch.  careful not to scratch the case :)

Thanks a lot. It works! You just saved my day  :)

Offline Starston3

« Reply #1095 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 15:15:30 »
LAKE + Weight
Zeal Stabs
65g Arctos
GMK Nautilus with Vim novelties

Offline Cas

« Reply #1096 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 17:23:05 »

Mine arrived today, impressive, easy installation but take some work some pins bents on the aliaz silent switches, when I installed them, very happy
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 November 2018, 17:40:27 by Cas »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1097 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 18:12:38 »

Final batch this weekend, so sorry you guys have had to wait, but am super keen to finally have them all out the door <3

Rama and his team have set an incredibly high standard for all future group buys. Everything about this project has been fantastic, from the communication to the quality of the product including the unboxing experience. My wallet is ready for the U80. I don't know if I can throw money at you any faster. Thanks again, Rama.

Thanks so much!! I'm incredibly lucky to be working with such a great team to bring these out to everyone! Was a long wait for all, but during the process we've learned a lot to how we can make processes more efficient and invested in tools to speed things up - we're committed to continue with providing the same experience for our future products and preorders - cheers again!

Anyone know the specs for the back weight screws? I may have lost one in my ultra shaggy carpet.

Yep! https://rama.works/guides#/m60a-internal-fixtures/

---

Also keep the builds coming!! Loving all the ones so far, love the TH Red accent cap on the moon enclosure! And Lake with Nautilus is a classic, will be making on of those myself when I have some time - am addicted to getting GMK sets now >_<

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #1098 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 01:53:41 »
Hoping Wilba or the King can answer a few questions on the QMK side of things.

1. I've read that we need to hold escape when plugging in the PCB for it to avoid using the keymap in memory. However, it seems doing this simply puts the keyboard into DFU mode. I can also put the board into DFU mode by mapping a key to the RESET function. Is there a different between these two methods? Is there a difference between the regular DFU mode and the made that is enabled that allows the keyboard to use the custom layout vs the one from its memory?

2. If I do flash my own keymap using QMK Toolbox, will the VIA configurator cease to work?

2b. Will I need to hold escape each time I plug in my board to ensure it uses my flashed keymap instead of the one in memory?

3. Is there anyway I can read about how exactly the VIA configurator works? I've started reading through the source but I haven't quite found the logic that controls how the keymap is edited and loaded onto the keyboard. Is the configurator simply flashing a new layout onto the board or does the keyboard somehow read a config file passed to it from the configurator and then it uses that?

Sorry for the detailed questions, I'm just used to flashing my boards manually using QMK Toolbox so I'm a little confused how all of this custom configurator stuff works.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 November 2018, 01:56:43 by distracteddev »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1099 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 02:37:37 »

VIA Configurator uses the "dynamic keymaps" feature I added to QMK, which will let you change keymaps without needing to compile QMK. It works by storing the keymaps in EEPROM memory, i.e. memory that will persist after a power cycle, and can be changed at runtime of the firmware. The backlight settings are also stored in this memory.

VIA Configurator works by communicating over USB with the keyboard firmware, and doesn't require uploading (flashing) new firmware to change keymaps etc.

Holding Esc when plugging in USB will invalidate the stored settings in EEPROM, and also start DFU bootloader so you can upload new firmware if you want. Invalidating the stored settings in EEPROM is useful if you want to install new firmware, but a side effect is that it can restore your PCB to "factory defaults". This is because the next time the firmware runs (whether the same firmware, or new firmware), it will load new settings from the firmware into EEPROM memory.

If you want to build your own QMK firmware (because you're a power user and want full control), you will probably want to turn off dynamic keymaps by adding DYNAMIC_KEYMAP_ENABLE = no in the file rules.mk in your keymap folder, i.e. /qmk_firmware/keyboards/rama/m60_a/keymaps/blahblah This will turn off dynamic keymaps so that it will only use the keymaps you define in keymap.c and never use keymaps in EEPROM. This will mean you can't change keymaps with VIA Configurator.

If you build your own QMK firmware and don't turn off dynamic keymaps, then install new firmware, if you didn't do the Esc/power on trick, then changes to keymaps in the firmware won't get used - it will still use the keymaps that were stored in EEPROM (i.e. from a previous firmware and/or changes using VIA Configurator). If you do the Esc/power on trick, then the keymaps in EEPROM will be reset to the keymaps in the firmware.

Note that the above also applies to backlight settings, if you're changing things like colors in code, they are only the defaults that get loaded into EEPROM memory.

You can use VIA Configurator for changing backlight settings while using a custom-built QMK firmware, as long as the firmware still has the code required for communicating with the host, and hasn't drastically changed things like keycodes.

What VIA Configurator can't do (yet) is know about any user-defined keycodes you may have added to your custom built QMK firmware. It also cannot handle changes the existing keycode values, i.e. if you change the order of keycodes in QMK core code, or turn on features that change this order. We're working on making it more tolerant of these things.

TL;DR VIA Configurator and "stock" M60-A firmware caters for most user's needs, by providing you with a simple way to change up to 4 layers of keymaps and change the backlight settings, without needing to build QMK yourself and do a slow and sometimes problematic upload of new firmware.