Author Topic: Ducky One 2 Mini Wake Problem  (Read 4412 times)

Offline bbqkimchi

Ducky One 2 Mini Wake Problem
« on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 11:48:09 »
Question:

Should I return my One 2 mini to the vendor because mine is faulty, or keep it until Ducky releases a new firmware.

Story:
My Ducky One 2 mini (Good in Blue) won't wake my computer from sleep.
Reasons I believe this is an issue affecting my keyboard.
1) Other keyboards that I try using the same USB port are able to wake my PC (Windows 10 64 bit) from sleep.
2) I've checked the power management options of every driver that is listed within device manager and all keyboard, mice, and USB devices are set to "allow wake from sleep".
3) My One 2 mini also does not wake my mac mini from sleep.
4) I've tried it with three different USB C cables and still no luck.

The keyboard works just fine once Windows 10 is awake. The keyboard sometimes becomes inactive when used within OSX.

Can someone that has a Ducky One 2 mini (preferably a non led version) confirm that the keyboard can wake Windows from sleep mode?
If others are having this same issue, then I'll forward my problem/this bug to Ducky for review.
If others are not having this same issue, then I'd like to know so that I can ask you further questions about your successful configuration, or promptly return my keyboard to the vendor.

Thank you for your time.

bbqkimchi

Offline vadikgo

Re: Ducky One 2 Mini Wake Problem
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 12:33:49 »
Possible Solution - Hope this helps someone out
Issue: Keyboard randomly stops functioning (no key presses detected), one row of lights stays on - Unplugging and Replugging the keyboard back in, temporarily resolves the problem
Fix: Override the Ducky USB Vendor ID and Product ID so OSX thinks its a Mac Keyboard
Hold Fn + Alt + P for 3 seconds
0-9 & A-F will light up (Hexadecimal Input)
Type 05AC024F (This is an Apple Vendor & Product ID)
Unplug and Replug the keyboard
If you want to confirm the change has worked, Open up the System Report, and Look at the Ducky One2 Mini under USB, you should see Product ID: 0x024f & Vendor ID: 0x05ac
Notes: If you ever reset your keyboard by either upgrading your firmware; or by holding both Left Win + Right Win for 3 seconds, the VID and PID will also be reset, simply follow steps 1-4 to fix it again

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuckyKeyboard/comments/crwntm/weird_issue_with_ducky_one_2_mini_on_mac/