Author Topic: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - SHIPPING COMPLETED  (Read 469846 times)

Offline Fnzzy

Re: CMYW GMK GroupBuy - Production Starting Soon!
« Reply #1450 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 18:50:33 »
GKM is always a love/hate relationship for me. On the one hand they are high quality and look amazing but on the other hand I need to pay double the shipping + import taxes. The factory is like a 4 hour drive away from my place :(

Nontheless excited for this!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #1451 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:40:29 »
Be sure to update us with a production time line if possible billnye! Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #1452 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:52:56 »
Crap...did I miss this group buy?
no no no no NO NO!
Colors so vivid...so fine...

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1453 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 19:54:49 »
Be sure to update us with a production time line if possible billnye! Thanks!  :thumb:

Will do :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1454 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 06:20:18 »
Just got the invoice from GMK! I'll pay it once I get home tonight. :D

Delivery estimated to be approximately the end of January, I will have a concrete date soon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 November 2014, 06:26:07 by billnye29 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1455 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 07:04:58 »
And this is cool  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1456 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 11:04:33 »
Is the spreadsheet up to date ?
can't find my name on it  :(

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1457 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 12:05:23 »

Yea, sorry you're in it now.

Some people filled out the changes spreadsheet with their orders instead of filling out the main order form and it isn't as easy to move the names over.

Everything should be current as of now. If there are any other concerns please let me know :thumb:

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1458 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 20:57:45 »
Crap...did I miss this group buy?
no no no no NO NO!
Colors so vivid...so fine...
I'm in the same boat...

On the other hand:

Someone please sell me their 1.75u Right Shift and 1u FN keys.

I pay in cash money and theoretical panties.  :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 November 2014, 21:47:32 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1459 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 21:57:01 »
I ordered some extras that will go towards if someone's order is lost in the mail.

If everyone receives their sets safely, there will be a few extras that I'll put up for sale.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1460 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 01:29:51 »
I ordered some extras that will go towards if someone's order is lost in the mail.

If everyone receives their sets safely, there will be a few extras that I'll put up for sale.

I nominate billnye29 as team leader of all future GBs, should he be gracious enough to accept this responsibility.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1461 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 07:21:08 »

I nominate billnye29 as team leader of all future GBs, should he be gracious enough to accept this responsibility.

Haha, thanks man :p

I plan on running lots more group buys, and the next one I am doing is a GMK spacebar one!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1462 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 12:18:16 »
If you weren't so far away, I'd set aside a weekend to go down and help you sort everything when you got it. Processing all those orders is gonna be mildly unpleasant, I'd think.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1463 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 12:37:30 »

If you weren't so far away, I'd set aside a weekend to go down and help you sort everything when you got it. Processing all those orders is gonna be mildly unpleasant, I'd think.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

My girlfriend and family are gonna help me out, but I'll make it public when I'm going to be doing the sorting and if any geekhackers want to come over I would be more than happy to have some help! (keycon billnye's house) :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1464 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 12:38:58 »

My girlfriend and family are gonna help me out, but I'll make it public when I'm going to be doing the sorting and if any geekhackers want to come over I would be more than happy to have some help! (keycon billnye's house) :))

How nice of them!

I might try and run a GB at some point soon, since I'll have the time after college apps. Might be fun.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1465 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 13:02:48 »

How nice of them!

I might try and run a GB at some point soon, since I'll have the time after college apps. Might be fun.

Nice mane. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1466 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 06:51:39 »

Yea, sorry you're in it now.

Some people filled out the changes spreadsheet with their orders instead of filling out the main order form and it isn't as easy to move the names over.

Everything should be current as of now. If there are any other concerns please let me know :thumb:

Thank You  :thumb:

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #1467 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 13:28:08 »

oh baby will keep an eye on that...
thanks for making extras, hopefully all goes smoothly and there are extras so me and Sygaldry can get one :D

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1468 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 10:13:08 »
Just started the transfer of the money to GMK

TIL banks totally **** you on USD to EUR conversion ratios :'( :'(

I will keep everyone updated on whatever I hear from GMK :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1469 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 10:39:35 »
dat 1.3:1 conversion rate tho

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1470 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 05:09:59 »
dat 1.3:1 conversion rate tho

If you're lucky - I guess it depends on which day you transfer.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1471 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 16:36:28 »
Hey guys, sorry for no update the past few days.

I got an email back from the bank today saying that my transfer request was denied. I called the customer service and spent a long time explaining the purpose of the transfer and what GMK was. The man was very confused that I was paying a German company thousands of dollars for plastic :)). So I finally got all that sorted and the request has been resubmitted and should be approved tomorrow.

I will update everyone again once GMK receives the payment and production begins. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving/weekend :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1472 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 17:07:06 »
wooo!

updates!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1473 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 06:02:36 »
Payment cleared the bank. Production should start this week!

Offline TBone

« Reply #1474 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 08:22:52 »

Yay!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1475 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:49:02 »

Hooray!  Thank you for the update and for diligently following this through.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1476 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 15:08:25 »
excitement level: high

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1477 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 06:16:47 »
Still waiting for GMK's bank to receive the wire.

Apparently it takes a few days of processing between when I start the transfer and when they receive the money.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:09:39 »

Apparently it takes a few days of processing between when I start the transfer and when they receive the money.

depending on the bank anywhere from 3-5 business days.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1479 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:54:25 »

depending on the bank anywhere from 3-5 business days.

Thanks. Should be soon then! :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 04:51:27 »
GMK received the money! I should have more info for you guys soon. I'll try to updated the OP as we go.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 05:25:32 »
thousands of dollars for plastic :))

LOL :))

Thanks for the update anyways :thumb: :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 14:52:51 »
GMK received the money! I should have more info for you guys soon. I'll try to updated the OP as we go.

Any chance of squeezing that into the first post - the last update there was 11/22.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:02:58 »

Any chance of squeezing that into the first post - the last update there was 11/22.

Yea I'll try sorry. I have to bug Hoffman everytime I want it changed :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1484 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:06:04 »

Yea I'll try sorry. I have to bug Hoffman everytime I want it changed :p

It's not that often, and Hoffman's an accommodating guy :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1485 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:11:20 »
Hoffman's an accommodating guy :D

>:D  That's what you think.

* HoffmanMyster changes OP to flowers and rainbows.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1486 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:17:41 »

Still looks the same to me :p

Is it possible to change the owner of the OP?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1487 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:20:14 »

Called my bluff.  :(

Nope, that is not possible, unfortunately.  Only way to do that would be to delete that post, then the next oldest post would be the OP.  So, technically speaking, we could do some crazy moving, splitting, and merging, but in the end it's a bit silly.  :P  I don't mind editing the post, and I am available for billnye to call on every 24 hrs at the least.   :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1488 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:25:54 »

Called my bluff.  :(

Nope, that is not possible, unfortunately.  Only way to do that would be to delete that post, then the next oldest post would be the OP.  So, technically speaking, we could do some crazy moving, splitting, and merging, but in the end it's a bit silly.  :P  I don't mind editing the post, and I am available for billnye to call on every 24 hrs at the least.   :thumb:

Bank u my friend bery kind of u

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1489 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 15:43:37 »
OP still looks the same to me :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1490 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 16:08:33 »

He hasn't given me the updated OP to copy in yet.  :P  Once billnye stops being busy and writes it up, I will put it in.  I don't want to just start editing it to my hearts desire, I'd rather have him control the content.   :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1491 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:04:48 »

He hasn't given me the updated OP to copy in yet.  :P  Once billnye stops being busy and writes it up, I will put it in.  I don't want to just start editing it to my hearts desire, I'd rather have him control the content.   :thumb:
Sorry guys I was at a track meet that just ended! Once I get home and finish homework I'll try to get it done :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1492 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:23:36 »

Sorry guys I was at a track meet that just ended! Once I get home and finish homework I'll try to get it done :)

'Twas just idle banter, but thank you, CMYW Saviour! :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1493 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:27:29 »

IDLE BANTER??  Didn't you know this is a No Fun Zone??   >:D >:D >:D

Okay but for real I'll stop being off topic now.   :-[

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1494 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:34:04 »

IDLE BANTER??  Didn't you know this is a No Fun Zone??   >:D >:D >:D

Okay but for real I'll stop being off topic now.   :-[
Reported

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1495 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 18:37:37 »
If I was a mod, I would be called CapsLock and I would lock every single thread that Hoff has commented in!

To keep this on topic: This is amazing news that the payment has gone through
This GB has progressed so quickly in I believe less than a month or something freaking ridiculous like that! Maybe you could be the next Ivan!  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1496 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 19:20:48 »

If I was a mod, I would be called CapsLock and I would lock every single thread that Hoff has commented in!

This GB has progressed so quickly in I believe less than a month or something freaking ridiculous like that! Maybe you could be the next Ivan!  :thumb:
Thanks man you're too kind!

No one could ever be the next Ivan, he's the man. But, I hope my name will be recognizable for future group buys :)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1497 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 01:03:54 »

Thanks man you're too kind!

No one could ever be the next Ivan, he's the man. But, I hope my name will be recognizable for future group buys :)

Thanks, billnye420! Nice to see another step forward. You've got my support for any future group buys. Interested to see what you will create.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1498 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 08:25:42 »
@billnye If you ever need the OP changed, and Hoffman isn't available, I can do that for you. It's one of the things we Curators (formerly Keepers) can do.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #1499 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 08:48:27 »
Yay! This is happening!