Author Topic: Post Your Booper Keycaps!  (Read 501820 times)

Offline sleepy

Re: Post Your Booper Keycaps!
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 23:15:25 »
Show Image

I've started playing around with macro photos. Still a lot to learn but I'm pretty happy with how this came out!

Show Image

My first keywok  :eek:

That is AWESOME!  :D

yeeeee good to see you playing around with the camera! Might need a touch more on the exposure, but looks great!

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind and maybe share some more pictures soon  :)  :thumb:

Offline CChocobo

« Reply #1151 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:21:43 »
Dirty board, but favorite keycap:

bonus, on my Iris:
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:23:49 by CChocobo »

Offline YC1920

« Reply #1152 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:22:54 »
Show Image

That colorway is straight fire! Enjoy that artisan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We out here! Keep it classy San Diego! - the greatest news anchor that ever lived.

Offline CChocobo

« Reply #1153 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:25:10 »
Show Image

Lil guy is my 2nd layer toggle now on my Iris, but I am admittedly a little worried about how it'll hold up to day to day usage :x

Offline YC1920

« Reply #1154 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:27:44 »
Show Image

Lil guy is my 2nd layer toggle now on my Iris, but I am admittedly a little worried about how it'll hold up to day to day usage :x
Yeah I use my artisans myself, so I hear you on that. I try to keep them on keys I don’t use as often. Resin should hold up. Just keep them out of the sun. A quick wipe down or datavac duster for maintenance and voilà.

We out here! Keep it classy San Diego! - the greatest news anchor that ever lived.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1155 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 21:10:15 »
Show Image

My first keywok  :eek:

The best Keywok ever made  :eek:

Also autumn Colonels

(Attachment Link)

This is a really cool photograph.. Autumn, the best time! Nice ones!

Offline baotung

« Reply #1156 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 03:49:53 »

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1157 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 21:40:13 »
Show Image

I love these so much!  :thumb: So cute

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1158 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 17:54:56 »
Progress over 90% (33/36 + 1) -- accomplished with the assistance, contributions, and positive energy of many. Celebrating (early) the many memories, joys, and friendships that I was able to make this 2018.

Thank you, Booper, for making awesome keycaps!

Below the circle are also close-ups of the Leafy, for which I had the great honor of having its MX-stem repaired by Joey Quinn, a friend and great community member.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Man this is quite the accomplishment brotha.. I love the oranges and purples especially... sweet photo and collection!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 21:29:07 »
Show Image

That green one on the far right, oh my  :p

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1160 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 10:22:35 »

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1161 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 11:50:53 »

Tried another macro photo a bit ago on my favorite cap that I own. I think it came out okay, definitely better than my last! I can't get enough of these cute little squirrels.

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #1162 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 11:55:35 »
Show Image

Tried another macro photo a bit ago on my favorite cap that I own. I think it came out okay, definitely better than my last! I can't get enough of these cute little squirrels.
I love the details on this one :thumb:

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1163 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 12:59:55 »
Show Image

i miss you

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #1164 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 13:38:57 »
Show Image

i miss you
Miss u too big boi :dogekiss1:

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1165 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 13:42:45 »
Show Image

Yee it's amazing. I'm such a fan of the glitter in the purple, barely noticed it until I took this photo!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1166 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 23:06:02 »
Show Image

I think this is my favorite Amelia ever. No wait, I'm SURE it's my favorite Amelia ever  :thumb:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1167 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 00:05:07 »
dang

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1168 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 04:01:10 »
Show Image

Whew that purp!! Such a great cap. :)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1169 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 04:04:28 »
Show Image

All those fine details, fades, color choices... boop! is a true artist.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1170 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:23:26 »
Show Image

Whew that purp!! Such a great cap. :)

It really is! The purple matches perfectly with a lot of other caps and sets.

Show Image

I think this is my favorite Amelia ever. No wait, I'm SURE it's my favorite Amelia ever  :thumb:

It's definitely my favorite!

Show Image

All those fine details, fades, color choices... boop! is a true artist.

She def is amazing :thumb: The control on the colors of this cap are amazing. And the little see through lenses on the goggles blew me away when I first saw them.

Offline R.bb

« Reply #1171 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 19:41:11 »
Show Image

Killing me lol

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1172 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 09:02:48 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1173 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 14:42:11 »
Something we don't see often -- ALPS-compatible Booper caps! Absolutely love them :thumb:

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1174 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 17:06:38 »
Something we don't see often -- ALPS-compatible Booper caps! Absolutely love them :thumb:

Show Image

Love those colors! And dat thicc enter

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 17:58:33 »
Halloween 2018 Keywok, multi-GID. Appreciate it so much more after a few hours of UV experimentation/discovery. Boop crushed it  :thumb:

Offline YC1920

Post Your Booper Keycaps!
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 20:55:37 »
Halloween 2018 Keywok, multi-GID. Appreciate it so much more after a few hours of UV experimentation/discovery. Boop crushed it  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Great shots! I like the G.i.d light shot. Love to see different lighting on the same artisan. Truly awesome. I love this sculpt so much and that is some dope colorway you got there. Thanks for sharing :)

Ps. The blood on that keywok... OMG!

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 February 2019, 20:58:28 by YC1920 »

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:47:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Great shots! I like the G.i.d light shot. Love to see different lighting on the same artisan. Truly awesome. I love this sculpt so much and that is some dope colorway you got there. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks, and I very much agree with you!

Regarding additional color shots, what you're seeing there is how the cap looks immediately after removing UV, leaving the GID effects (and a little bit of ambient light to assist). Without the ambient the sensor didn't pick it up well, making one generic blue/green effect as opposed to unique separated colors on the hood/base. Once I did that, I didn't even have to tweak it much in photoshop, all the colors represented fairly close to reality.

I did, however, take a direct UV shot but didn't initially include it because well...it almost looks fake! Something about how the UV makes the eyes look like perfect circles and the blood popping out on the base/side looks a bit unnatural, at least compared to the other shots. That said, it looks amazing under UV so I may as well share it. I'm glad you asked! :thumb:

Offline YC1920

« Reply #1178 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 01:03:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks, and I very much agree with you!

Regarding additional color shots, what you're seeing there is how the cap looks immediately after removing UV, leaving the GID effects (and a little bit of ambient light to assist). Without the ambient the sensor didn't pick it up well, making one generic blue/green effect as opposed to unique separated colors on the hood/base. Once I did that, I didn't even have to tweak it much in photoshop, all the colors represented fairly close to reality.

I did, however, take a direct UV shot but didn't initially include it because well...it almost looks fake! Something about how the UV makes the eyes look like perfect circles and the blood popping out on the base/side looks a bit unnatural, at least compared to the other shots. That said, it looks amazing under UV so I may as well share it. I'm glad you asked! :thumb:

Show Image

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that UV shot. It looks great! I understand your hesitation. I am hesitant to show pics that don’t capture the subject matter in it’s true representation also, although sometimes the results are too cool to not show off ;) I for one would not mind some experimental shots sort of speak. Lol I do feel some responsibility to the makers to capture their art in its truest form. So I feel you. Thanks for sharing fam! Good quality control!
I have been experimenting myself and dusted off the old equipment to take better shots then I have previously.
Sometimes I am so hyped that I can’t hesitate thequick cell phone pic, or quick DSLR pic... I am always left feeling like the makers deserve better though. So i am trying to step it up.

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #1179 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 07:54:06 »

Offline YC1920

« Reply #1180 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 08:00:55 »
Show Image

Nice composition. That colonel looks like it’s about to go to war. It’s a bad motha shut yo mouth.  I can dig it!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1181 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 22:10:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

This is amazing!! I love her Halloween caps so much and would really really love one. So cool man!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1182 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 23:21:12 »
Awesome! Thanks for sharing that UV shot. It looks great! I understand your hesitation. I am hesitant to show pics that don’t capture the subject matter in it’s true representation also, although sometimes the results are too cool to not show off ;) I for one would not mind some experimental shots sort of speak. Lol I do feel some responsibility to the makers to capture their art in its truest form. So I feel you. Thanks for sharing fam! Good quality control!
I have been experimenting myself and dusted off the old equipment to take better shots then I have previously.
Sometimes I am so hyped that I can’t hesitate thequick cell phone pic, or quick DSLR pic... I am always left feeling like the makers deserve better though. So i am trying to step it up.

Yep, that's exactly it for me too. Sometimes ya just have to get the cell phone out and snap one, which is doable these days because some of these phones are pretty ridiculous in how good they are for point and shoot. And then there's other times when I think "man, this cap is so good I need to do it justice" and that's when the big guns comes out   :p

Interesting thought about the experimental shots. I'm a bit of a hoarder and keep every single shot, good or bad, that I take so one of these days it'd be fun to post up a bunch of the "didn't quite make the cut" ones.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1183 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:14:29 »
-Dana

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1184 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 22:25:54 »
Now that's a cool shot!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1185 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 02:33:39 »
Show Image

This is one of my favorite colorways to date, aside from Eames.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1186 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 09:17:11 »

pot-shot of megan's hhkb. Since we're talking woodworking cw's.

I'm still thankful to kate for doing that raffle/sale/giveaway for megan. it definitely helped and we also don't get a lot of brown cw's so i'm thankful for that too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 March 2019, 19:56:23 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1187 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:51:15 »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 21:45:26 »
-Dana

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1189 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 19:30:24 »
For those who won in the latest sale, there's a new keyset going into GB that matches Booper's caps perfectly! Figured i'd post it in case anyone's interested https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/b7tmp0/gb_dsa_mardi_gras_40_keyset/

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #1190 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 16:39:21 »
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1191 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 05:08:29 »
Show Image
Magazine Street by Brian King, on Flickr

Show Image

Show Image
That green is just gorgeous.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1192 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 07:29:28 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

pretty sure that cap is for trade lul

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 11:25:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

pretty sure that cap is for trade lul

Yes, it is. For a different Cosmo v3. Maybe one day you'll stop attempting to harass and verbally attack me me, but at this point I doubt it.
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 12:35:54 »
Hendrix x Lovecraft

Booper x Tokkipee

(starry blank is "Haku")

"I Still Love V1" Cosmo (that's just me being silly)

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 April 2019, 12:53:42 by LightningXI »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1195 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 12:46:45 »
Hendrix x Lovecraft

Show Image

Booper x Tokkipee

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

all very nice !
I love Elzy

Offline sleepy

« Reply #1196 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 14:29:38 »
Hendrix x Lovecraft

Show Image

Booper x Tokkipee

(starry blank is "Haku")

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Loove that cosmo! The world needs more Kelly colored caps 🌸

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1197 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 14:48:54 »
all very nice !

Thanks a lot!

Loove that cosmo! The world needs more Kelly colored caps 🌸

Right? I'd love me some more of that sweeet pastel. Love Kelly-made caps!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1198 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 15:17:47 »
Hendrix x Lovecraft

Show Image

I'd love to pull this off too, now I just need a Lovecraft Colonel, Hendrix Colonel, and Hendrix Keypora  :))

Congrats on all the caps man
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1199 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 15:50:51 »
Hendrix x Lovecraft

Show Image

Booper x Tokkipee

(starry blank is "Haku")

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

oof, that cyan build is especially nice