Author Topic: Tt THERON gaming mouse - a humble review  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Tt THERON gaming mouse - a humble review
« on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 19:08:43 »
Hello Geekhack,

I'm not terribly frequent and definitely not as into keyboards as some folks here can be, but I got a lot more interested in them while working a desk job.  That lead me back here for a number of days and I would read what most of you contribute to this community.  Frequenting a few forums has built an interest in making amateur product reviews.  I recently contacted Thermaltake and they were kind enough to send me some stuff as long as I write reviews to any end.  They really just asked me to post these in places people might read them, and I could bash their products as long as it was a logical criticism.  Here is a link to my write-up on the Tt eSPORTS THERON gaming mouse.

THERON Review

Please criticize as I am trying to expand my capabilities.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Tt THERON gaming mouse - a humble review
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 09:05:39 »
I have yet to buy a mouse that isn't bundled with my computer. Granted, I don't game, but still the Logitech RX300 that I use at home is nice and solid, heavy enough to not futz with.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 10:02:32 »
What you're written is part of the reason this mouse scores so well.  I've been gaming since the days of ball-mice, and if that mouse had a scroll wheel then the sky was the limit.  These things have onboard memory for macroing, 5700 DPI adjustable sensitivity, and other things I know are more standard these days.  Writing the review was a bit challenging because I found so little wrong with their features which were already beyond the scope of what I use day-to-day.  The fact that they all worked without any error or conflict just made it seem even more impressive.  They even had an adjustment to where I could change the color of the LEDs.  Now I have to buy a million duckies (9) for each of the colors.  ;D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:58:50 »
The only thing stopping me from buying Thermaltake is that their design still feels a bit on the tacky / gamer side.  For example if you look at Mionix Naos 3200 then that's a beautiful mice.  But feature and ergonomic wise I'll have to admit this mouse does seem like a very sweet deal.  Also all the reviews I read all seems to be very positive.

I think after CM Storm make it big into the peripheral scene now maybe it's Thermaltake's turn to release cool products lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden