Author Topic: Any way to fix these issues with my mice?  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Entropia

Any way to fix these issues with my mice?
« on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 11:25:10 »
I have a MX-518 and a G400. The problem with the first one is that it's right button is too sensitive. I sometimes hit in unintentionally when I'm holdin my mouse. I don't remember if this problem occured before I change its case (which was too worn out) with the case of a G400. The problem with the second one is that its scroll wheel is to hard. I think it's always been that way. The wheel on my 518 is much smoother. This hurts my finger. Can I change this behaviour with some modding?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Any way to fix these issues with my mice?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 02:14:09 »
the offset on the button flap stem is slightly different between the two shells..

Just file it down until it feels right.

You have to lightly attach the screw each time to test,  otherwise the feel is different with and without the screws on.

for the wheel, just remove that spring on the right,  it's not necessary, the switch is enough to push the wheel back up.

However, the reason that the spring is there is because the original logitech wheel slider mechanism is so heavy,  that if you picked up the mouse and dropped it down from too high a distance, for example, quake 3 quick swiping..   Then the wheel might click because of the momentum of the slider, IF the spring is removed.

But with the spring removed, the wheel is much softer to use.

Offline Entropia

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 00:46:39 »
If I remove the spring, wouldn't it be to easy to accidentally press the wheel button when normally scrolling with the wheel?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 13:09:20 »
If I remove the spring, wouldn't it be to easy to accidentally press the wheel button when normally scrolling with the wheel?

No.