Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155464 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25500 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 16:40:49 »
Hmm...  You may be on to something - I can't imagine life being much worse (natural disasters/war/house burning down excluded) yet I don't feel that depressed.  Awesome is definitely too far but my 2/10 mood may have been boosted back to the standard 6/10.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25501 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 17:23:22 »
:confused:  Good luck rowdy, looks like you're going to need it!

Clearly he's stumbled onto a teleportation device ..

(Attachment Link)

I pressed all the buttons in various combinations and I'm still here, so it's probably not a teleportation device.

Eventually got the alarm to stop, probably.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #25502 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 17:34:25 »
Hmm...  You may be on to something - I can't imagine life being much worse (natural disasters/war/house burning down excluded) yet I don't feel that depressed.  Awesome is definitely too far but my 2/10 mood may have been boosted back to the standard 6/10.

It's subtle at first,  but then the horns dig in..

Eventually, you're on the streets,  keyboardless,  the worst imaginable situation.. doing things a man shouldn't do...

Just take some ibuprofen and accept pain..

Going from Prescription Opioid to  Heroin is incredibly common

204197-0

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25503 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 18:50:29 »
Ibuprofen and accept pain you say?  What's the point of any of these 'painkillers' if they don't take away the pain?!

Hopefully it won't hurt tomorrow and I can go back to taking nothing but for now ibuprofen will have to do.

Still annoyed I can't buy the dodgy i7 4980HQ.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25504 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 19:25:42 »
I finally have the time to get working with new camera gear.  100% crap pictures due to me not understanding the complexity of the camera.

Digifiend: rising Amateur pr0nographer

Only if potatoes are into pr0n.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25505 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 20:48:01 »
Ibuprofen and accept pain you say?  What's the point of any of these 'painkillers' if they don't take away the pain?!

Hopefully it won't hurt tomorrow and I can go back to taking nothing but for now ibuprofen will have to do.

Still annoyed I can't buy the dodgy i7 4980HQ.

I guess, "accept SOME pain" is the issue here.

Opioids make a person indifferent to pain, both physical and psychological.

It's the crux of how every single addict could endure a Hellish-lifestyle..

If one is Hungry, a bag fixes that, one is hurt, a bag fixes that too, one is sad, just $5 to make it go away..

Addicts will meet all of these adversities on their path, experience demons both figurative and hallucinatory,  and yet, they will let it continue until they have nothing, not even their own lives.

So you see,  this is a thorough violation to the programming of living beings..

Think about it this way,  WHY do they provide you work place coffee FOR FREE..

You wake up, tired, gloomy, sit in awful traffic, get to the building, Boom, Everyone's handed a cup.. FREE coffeee..

You're in a building where the sun does not shine, you're left in a stall barely able to stretch your arms.

Why is coffee such an ingrained part of work culture.. just as cigarettes were provided to Servicemen, and amphetamines are provided to fighter pilots.. These meds intervene in the very sensation of (undesirable) .

The entire process of mass addiction may have been by chance with no EVIL plot,   but its function and continuance..  Well.. it's clear quite who gets more out of this organization.. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25507 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 04:20:08 »
Woke up by my alarm clock as I had to call work, rolled up onto bad arm - ouch!  Now though... it's like putting pressure on the inside has pushed it back where it should be and pain is gone again.  Now to do absolutely nothing with it for weeks so it stays that way.

As to your rant about coffee I've never worked anywhere where it was free, let alone handed out on arrival.  The office where I used to work had a pool for coffee/tea/milk which I never joined and now I'm in a factory where 2/4 weeks I'm there when the door is first unlocked.  Both places have nice chilled water for free though :thumb:  Then again I've never worked in a cube or sat in traffic on a daily basis either, and I never will...  I guess you're describing city life, and perhaps an Americanised take on it.  You're not doing a great job of selling it!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25508 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 08:26:22 »
Woke up by my alarm clock as I had to call work, rolled up onto bad arm - ouch!  Now though... it's like putting pressure on the inside has pushed it back where it should be and pain is gone again.  Now to do absolutely nothing with it for weeks so it stays that way.

As to your rant about coffee I've never worked anywhere where it was free, let alone handed out on arrival.  The office where I used to work had a pool for coffee/tea/milk which I never joined and now I'm in a factory where 2/4 weeks I'm there when the door is first unlocked.  Both places have nice chilled water for free though :thumb:  Then again I've never worked in a cube or sat in traffic on a daily basis either, and I never will...  I guess you're describing city life, and perhaps an Americanised take on it.  You're not doing a great job of selling it!

America = greatest country.. 

We got best food, popeyes fried chicken, mcdonalds and white castle.... !!

At the end of the day, family will leave you, friends will leave you,   American Delicious PERSISTS.. !!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25509 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 12:42:51 »

white castle.... !!

white castle is amazing

their chicken and waffle sliders... mmmmmmm
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25510 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 13:28:38 »

white castle is amazing

their chicken and waffle sliders... mmmmmmm

Tp4 always get 8 sacks of onion ringz.. 4 today, 4 tomorrow.

ITp4HO Burger King rings and White Castle rings are top rings..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25511 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 14:07:16 »
Wait, waffle sliders!? mMMmm...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25512 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:15:51 »
Wait, waffle sliders!? mMMmm...

they are life changing
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #25515 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:58:30 »
Is anyone else bothered by other people slamming cabinets and doors???? I moved into an apartment with two people I've never met and one of them does this constantly

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25516 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 00:13:36 »
Is anyone else bothered by other people slamming cabinets and doors???? I moved into an apartment with two people I've never met and one of them does this constantly

Ah, it was the headboards banging into walls that sometimes got to me.. that and the wild animal noises that followed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25517 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 07:29:54 »

Ah, it was the headboards banging into walls that sometimes got to me..

I don't really understand why headboards are necessary at all .. !!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25518 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 07:54:38 »
I sometimes lean on pillows stacked against the wall at the head of my bed and the paint behind is noticably dirty looking.  Doesn't bother me but if it did I'd rather get a headboard than have to remove the matress to wash the wall every couple of months.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25519 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 08:02:08 »
I sometimes lean on pillows stacked against the wall at the head of my bed and the paint behind is noticably dirty looking.  Doesn't bother me but if it did I'd rather get a headboard than have to remove the matress to wash the wall every couple of months.

Well since bed frames come with headboards, that make sense.

But let's go from a point where we (didn't) have headboards.

The easier more logical solution is to have a clean wall in the first place no ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25520 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 08:13:21 »

Well since bed frames come with headboards, that make sense.

But let's go from a point where we (didn't) have headboards.

The easier more logical solution is to have a clean wall in the first place no ?

Basically, this is what I did when I didn't have headboards. That and I can read while laying down so it makes little difference to me anyway.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25521 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:16:23 »
A mild irritant:

I have one thread in my watched list that I can't unwatch.  It's locked (which may or may not make a difference) and it is triggering my OCD.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25522 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:19:17 »
A mild irritant:

I have one thread in my watched list that I can't unwatch.  It's locked (which may or may not make a difference) and it is triggering my OCD.
Which thread is it?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25523 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:21:32 »
A mild irritant:

Which thread is it?

[IC] LZ GH V2 ( Colors IC )

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25524 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:41:09 »
A mild irritant:

Which thread is it?

I don't know what you did, but the unwatch buttan became available and it has been unwatched.  Thank you for your assistance!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25525 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 11:03:28 »
No sleep but drove the two hour round trip to the local DMV (driver's license renewal) anyway, took an impromptu eye test, and because of the new anti-fraud holographic type printing on the card it looks like I have a cataract in one eye (seriously). Money well spent. :thumb:

Offline mason

« Reply #25526 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:21:00 »
No sleep but drove the two hour round trip to the local DMV (driver's license renewal) anyway, took an impromptu eye test, and because of the new anti-fraud holographic type printing on the card it looks like I have a cataract in one eye (seriously). Money well spent. :thumb:

The DMV is an hour away???????  :eek:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25527 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:24:00 »

The DMV is an hour away???????  :eek:

Gotta love teh college town traffic. Ten miles might as well be 30 miles :))

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25528 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:48:03 »
I bought something on ebay and the seller sent the wrong item...

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻
tp thread is tp thread

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25529 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 22:41:31 »

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

I've had that happen twice, and the item is never better than what I ordered.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25530 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 00:15:54 »

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Tp4 ordered 10feet of 1/8 inch nylon rod once..

Received 10 feet of 1-1/8 inch nylon rod,   Joyous day. !! Praise be..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25531 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 03:55:47 »
Among other pieces of old hardware I acquired recently was an HP 700/96 terminal.

Works perfectly, but it's a bit dirty.

Started taking keycaps off to clean them.

The second one lost the little plastic nub that stops it from popping off.

204467-0

That little dip in the rim is supposed to be flat, with a small protrusion that helps the keycap to click into place.

Really annoyed now - it goes on and works, but falls off at a moment's notice.  Replacement keycaps for this aren't, and anyway they'd probably break if pulled off another keyboard anyway.

So I'm resigned to using a dirty keyboard with a loose keycap.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25532 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 05:00:19 »
Can you build it back up with superglue?  It's already broken so value is gone, you're not going to see it so may as well make it work properly...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25533 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 05:35:27 »
Can you build it back up with superglue?  It's already broken so value is gone, you're not going to see it so may as well make it work properly...

Possibly.

A couple of tiny pieces of plastic dropped out when I turned the keyboard upside down.  Far too small to glue back in.

I'm kinda hesitant to pull another keycap, or even the first one that I got off successfully, in case I break that too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25534 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 06:35:42 »
I might get away with it ... good one on the left, broken on the right.

204476-0

And it kinds clips over the bump at the bottom of the cylinder.

204478-1

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25535 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 06:47:37 »
Stupidly small but looks like the you can add glue to the inside of the tube without interfering with anything so should be fixable.  Good luck!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25536 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 08:10:52 »
Ah, that's a key with a special legend for this keyboard. Otherwise, I think it was made by Key Tronic and I would see if there is another Key Tronic keyboard that has stem-compatible keycaps..
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 08:12:52 by Findecanor »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25537 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 08:26:03 »

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻
One time I ordered a HHKB off Ebay and received a bicycle seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25538 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 09:05:13 »

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Only TRUE Topre enthusiasts mount HHKBs as their bike seats..

Maximum dome contact..!!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25539 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 09:20:57 »

Well they are both usually black with slightly bendy but solid bottoms and squishy bits on top - I can see how a squirrel could get them confused :)) Anyone capable of putting them in a box and getting it to the post office not so much...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25540 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 09:24:26 »
My aluminium PC case now has a circular dent around the headphone jack because I have been using a headphone extension cable with a plug made of metal...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25541 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 09:29:41 »

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

I ordered a Dell Precision T5600 that I was going to turn into a server. Dual Xeons, 32GB of RAM, a fairly powerful device...

Instead I get a ****ty HP Core i5 desktop...

meh...
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:08:00 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25542 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:04:46 »
 :confused:

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25543 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:09:02 »
so this might work out for me actually

the seller might give me a great deal on an actual server, with more RAM and more modern hardware
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25544 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:10:05 »

I once ordered 2x8GB of ECC RAM and the seller sent me a full tray of 8GB modules (around 64GB if I recall).  :))
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25545 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:32:13 »

I once ordered 2x8GB of ECC RAM and the seller sent me a full tray of 8GB modules (around 64GB if I recall).  :))

Gift Tp4  m0ar rams. !!

Offline mason

« Reply #25546 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:52:39 »
I failed my physics exam  :( I always change my answers near the end when I had them correct the first time!!!!!!!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25547 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:53:41 »

all I know is the person that ordered that ****ty HP computer got one hell of a deal
tp thread is tp thread

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25548 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:10:42 »
all I know is the person that ordered that ****ty HP computer got one hell of a deal

If they didn't know better than to buy it do you think they'll notice the difference, besides the badge on the front?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25549 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:57:10 »

If they didn't know better than to buy it do you think they'll notice the difference, besides the badge on the front?

well if they aren't tech savvy they'll be in for a bad time; it did not have an OS installed
tp thread is tp thread