geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard - Extras on Sunday 23/10

(1/113) > >>

HephaestusWorks:

Hello everyone! We are Hephaestus Works, a brand new studio in the community! While this is our first official designing venture we've been in the community for a number of years and thus have a good idea of what makes a keyboard a good one. With that out of the way I'm excited to present to you our first project:
Nasu
SALE INFO

Please join our discord!!!

Date of sale: 10/07/2021
Time of sale: 20:00 GMT+1
Number of boards:250
Style of sale: FCFS
Hosted on: Keebwerk website

Rules of the sale:
STRICTLY 1 board per peson.
A violation of that rule will result in all the persons orders being cancelled.
That is done to ensure a fair chance for everyone to get their hands on a Nasu.
You can add as many extras as you like.

Pricing:
Base kit: 335€
Anodized Alu top and bottom piece
Anodized alu plate
Polished and PVD coated brass weight
PCB
Packaging and screws

Brass kit: 360€
Anodized Alu top and bottom piece
Polished and PVD coated brass plate
Polished and PVD coated brass weight
PCB
Packaging and screws

*Note: You can exchange the alu plate of the base kit for a POM one if you do not wish to have an alu one

Optionals:
E-white: +20€  per piece
Extra PCB: 45€

Additional plates:
Leaf spring aluminium: 28€
Leaf spring brass (polished and pvd coated): 50€
POM (No leaf spring): 20€

Color Samples

First prototype

Second prototype

Renders

Design Elements
Nasu uses Yuktsi's ever so popular Alice layout. With that said it was designed as a more modern approach to the classic Korean keyboard design. It utilizes a seamless design thus ensuring a clean and simple look and simplifies the process of anodizing. Additionally the sides are inspired by the OTD Koala keyboard as they are my personal favorite type of keyboard sides. All these factors combined make for a minimalistic and elegant keyboard that reminds of a simpler time in keyboard design.

Specifications
Typing angle: 6°

Materials offered: Aluminium(6061),PVD coated brass(for the weight)

Plate materials: Aluminium, Brass, POM

Colors: Black,Silver,E-White,Deep Red,Navy Blue,Deep Purple

Front height: 19mm

Mounting: Gasket mounting using 16, 40 shore A silicone strips with adhesive backing

Connectivity: Custom PCB which uses ai03's unified daughterboard (PCB designed by Yiancar), QMK will be supported

Weight: ~2,3kg

Estimated Price: 350€

Manufacturing and Vendors
I am very glad to announce that the board will be run through and handled by the amazing people over at keebwerk . By using the keebwerk configurator the user will be able to fully customize their board by picking any color they desire as well as add switches and stabs to their order

Q&A
Q:Why the name Nasu?
A:Nasu means eggplant. The reason behind it is that eggplants are cool, tasty and everything sounds better in Japanese.

Q:How many units will be produced?
A:TBD

Q:When will this happen?
A:Current timeline is 1.5-2 months after IC release (keep in mind this could change at any moment)

Acknowledgments
First of all a HUGE thank you to the people of Keebwerk for helping me all this time and making this happen.It's been a joy to work with you guys.

Another big thank you to the people (you know who you are) who have supported me and provided me with valuable feedback all this time.

Finally thank you Raz for your amazing renders!

Things to be done and updates

- Add polls for the colors and materials Please take the time to fill out this short IC to help us choose the materials and colors that will be offered in the sale!

- Add more renders
- Iron out the manufacturing details
- Order prototypes
- Organize the sale

Updates03/07/2020 - IC posted
10/07/2020 - Color and material IC added
11/08/2020 - Colors have been decided! (In the process of picking pantones)
01/09/2020 - Prototype ordered! (ETA 3 weeks)

bisoromi:
naisu

EnjoyMyInSec:
Take my money, this is insane. :thumb:

limenx:
Interested, having QMK support would be a plus. What kind of bottom row layout support does it have? glwic

reaxas:
Can't wait to see renders in Silver and maybe PC, or any other interesting colours (blush pink?). This looks like it'll be great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version