Author Topic: [IC] TMT Story(Groupbuy is now LIVE!)  (Read 59604 times)

Offline jaxter

Made an account just to say that I'm looking forward to this set. It's probably already too late to do this but I wish there were more snake keycaps in the novelties kit. I know its hard to to represent everyone but she feels underrepresented.

Offline shawnlyx

Looking forward to this! Monogatari is great, and the color ties to the theme quite well!

Thanks!

Made an account just to say that I'm looking forward to this set. It's probably already too late to do this but I wish there were more snake keycaps in the novelties kit. I know its hard to to represent everyone but she feels underrepresented.

Unfortunately, with so many characters I am forced to pick my favorites and it's a little too late to do any changes without delaying the GB even more.

My samples are coming in tomorrow or the day after, the wait is almost over, please look forward to it

Offline Kacperoni

Not sure why, but the moment I scroll to novelties picture, the Tapatalk app crashes 🥲 I just want to see all the kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shawnlyx

Not sure why, but the moment I scroll to novelties picture, the Tapatalk app crashes 🥲 I just want to see all the kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can check out the full album HERE

Offline shawnlyx

Hi everyone! It has been a while since there is any major development on this IC. But GOOD NEWS, I have finally received the samples from the manufacturer. Here it is, keep in mind these are taken with a phone in 10am daylight and the main purpose of this round of samples are to confirm the quality of the product(the quality, the mold and the clarity of the prints.)

I have requested for a R2 sample which will be a full set of 84 keycaps with the correct color matching which will hopefully arrive before the tentative GB Date of the 1st of August.:thumb:

Tentative GB Date: 1st of August
Pricing: To be announced before GB.

I have also started a discord server, come join me for some minor updates once in a while!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
Re: [IC] PBT Story(R1 Sample Arrival! GB Date will be 1st AUGUST 2021)
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 14:11:20 »
awwww yeah!!!!  Let's go!

Offline GLOVE

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 20:46:21 »
looks great. It is also very cute style.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 22:14:03 »
The sample legends look pretty good next to the GMK! I really hope this set does well so people have another manufacturer to work with for future sets. It would be nice to have an ePBT alternative to cut some lead times  ^-^
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 01:56:07 »
Apologize for this, but I have missed a small fix in this announcement! Small changes to the legends in the alt-mod kit. コント is used for the control instead of コット(This was a typo).

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 05:52:54 »
Updated (7/16/2021)

Colorway and comparison updated:

15 days to go!

Offline shawnlyx

Re: [IC] PBT Story(Pantone Reveal! GB Date will be 1st AUGUST 2021)
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 23:46:14 »
New Renders

Fuji65 by CMM.Studio

Offline Serval

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 04:41:44 »
Looking forward to this set! Is it possible to get Zion Studios as a vendor please?

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 08:56:22 »
Looking forward to this set! Is it possible to get Zion Studios as a vendor please?

Thank you for the interest!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to add Zion Studio as my vendor, this is my first set and I'm working with a new manufacturer so I want to keep the vendor numbers down a little. I do have a general SEA vendor (Hex Keyboards) though, please check them out.

Offline ezra

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 02:54:25 »
Made a acc just to say to I’m definitely interested in joining the gb on august 1st.. also maybe try get some ig keycap acc’s to promote the gb. Ty

Offline growler

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 04:27:45 »
Am looking forward to trying a new PBT vendor, like the colours too.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 03:56:25 »
Unfortunately due to the flooding situation now in China, the manufacturing for my samples were stalled. As such, we have decided to delay the groupbuy for 2 more weeks(16th August 2021) until the samples arrive.

Thank you to everyone who are interested in this kit! Apologize for another delay, it is very unfortunate that the typhoon strike at this time.

Offline lluvia

Re: [IC] PBT Story(Pricing Reveal! GB date Delayed to 16th August 2021)
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 07:14:51 »
as lurking angy native Japanese that emerges with any "incorrect" weeb set, dis I approb.

This is the first set I find no incorrect/inappropriate Japanese anywhere (at least one where it's creative) including the names for the sets. (Uniform is sort of an Easter egg for those native.)

Mincho is definitely always going to be timeless, more weeb, more unique, and say that you really do love otaku stuff from a Japanese perspective!
Straight-up Gothic/Arial Hiragana always feel a bit childish or really weird and definitely would have not fit with where the motif is from.
You even put the monogatari-style Kanji numbering!!! Mad props!

I also appreciate that you ether bought the expensive font to be true to the motif for everything including the deskmat, or dedicated some time in photoshop!
(https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QyfsSp5ZX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link if you're interested, OP.)

My only complaints/opinions are insignificant especially since I slept on this but:

Novelties - I would have loved (I guess this for if you do another set) the accessories of the girls who are seen in the uniform, like glasses, long black tie or oversized sleeve, fluffy hair scrunchies, and an Enter with bandaged arm!
Novelties - OMAESAMA MOAR DONUTS JYA
Novelties - Oniichan, did you forget about me? I said with a smug face.
Numpad - Numpad doesn't have the numbering Kanji on the alphas. As Chuuni, it's significant because that was the sole reason I waivered on buying the Cangjie sets lately.
Deskmat - In GB one is amazing. (It's what caught my eye because it was more instantly associable.) The V1 seems like you mashed three ideas into one... lol.

I love it and want to support it and will end up buying it but I have no idea what board can compliment this set. Snake girl too evil so cannot Alt, but then it makes for a good Third Impact motif set...!
...So that means you've have the smol trio after this right? Thanks, I appreciate it, my wallet doesn't. (I would love an Axe/Shikigami set and the colors would be interesting but she's not popular enough.. :(  The other two can get their own and be fine lol.)

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:24:40 »
as lurking angy native Japanese that emerges with any "incorrect" weeb set, dis I approb.

This is the first set I find no incorrect/inappropriate Japanese anywhere (at least one where it's creative) including the names for the sets. (Uniform is sort of an Easter egg for those native.)

Mincho is definitely always going to be timeless, more weeb, more unique, and say that you really do love otaku stuff from a Japanese perspective!
Straight-up Gothic/Arial Hiragana always feel a bit childish or really weird and definitely would have not fit with where the motif is from.
You even put the monogatari-style Kanji numbering!!! Mad props!

I also appreciate that you ether bought the expensive font to be true to the motif for everything including the deskmat, or dedicated some time in photoshop!
(https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QyfsSp5ZX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link if you're interested, OP.)

My only complaints/opinions are insignificant especially since I slept on this but:

Novelties - I would have loved (I guess this for if you do another set) the accessories of the girls who are seen in the uniform, like glasses, long black tie or oversized sleeve, fluffy hair scrunchies, and an Enter with bandaged arm!
Novelties - OMAESAMA MOAR DONUTS JYA
Novelties - Oniichan, did you forget about me? I said with a smug face.
Numpad - Numpad doesn't have the numbering Kanji on the alphas. As Chuuni, it's significant because that was the sole reason I waivered on buying the Cangjie sets lately.
Deskmat - In GB one is amazing. (It's what caught my eye because it was more instantly associable.) The V1 seems like you mashed three ideas into one... lol.

I love it and want to support it and will end up buying it but I have no idea what board can compliment this set. Snake girl too evil so cannot Alt, but then it makes for a good Third Impact motif set...!
...So that means you've have the smol trio after this right? Thanks, I appreciate it, my wallet doesn't. (I would love an Axe/Shikigami set and the colors would be interesting but she's not popular enough.. :(  The other two can get their own and be fine lol.)

Thanks for the support! To answer a couple of your inquiries:

-Novelties: I designed this to cater to as many people as possible while retaining references to the original work. If you are a fan of the series, you get the subtle references in the novelties, if you are not, cute animals in a story! I believe this aligns with the story telling of the original work too!
-ミスド sadly doesn't sponsor this keyset!  ;D
-References for her condition sadly doesn't fit the theme of the novelties. Same case for いくら too.

-Numpad: Simple case of 10 extra keys that doesn't cover most use case is an expensive design choice. The reason I added 大字 on the numrow instead of numpad is because most people have numrow on their keyboard but not everyone have a numpad.

-Thanks, I have some requests to run other colors of the deskmat too. But for my first set, I don't want to go too overboard with the kitting. We need to hit the moq first and foremost! If people are still interested, I still have a couple of other exciting ideas to work on after this.

Offline Serval

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 18:56:27 »

Unfortunately, I won't be able to add Zion Studio as my vendor, this is my first set and I'm working with a new manufacturer so I want to keep the vendor numbers down a little. I do have a general SEA vendor (Hex Keyboards) though, please check them out.

No worries, I'll check them out :D
Hopefully the shipping fee doesn't kill my wallet lol.

Btw, will the deskmat ship at the same time as the keyset or will it ship earlier if I made a separate order? Anyway, hoping everything goes well during GB!

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 11:54:18 »

No worries, I'll check them out :D
Hopefully the shipping fee doesn't kill my wallet lol.

Btw, will the deskmat ship at the same time as the keyset or will it ship earlier if I made a separate order? Anyway, hoping everything goes well during GB!

You would need to confirm that with your preferred vendors.  :thumb:

Offline shawnlyx

Re: [IC] PBT Story(R2 Samples arrived! GB on 16th August 2021)
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 11:28:19 »
Thank all of you for the support! I have finally received the R2 of samples! It has been a long journey, if nothing is wrong, we will be proceeding to GB on the 16th August!

Offline vanda

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 11:37:53 »
so cute

Offline ArashiNishi

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 02:33:22 »
can you add FancyCustoms as proxy for South America please? or it's too late?

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 07:53:58 »
can you add FancyCustoms as proxy for South America please? or it's too late?
Thank you for the interest! At this point in time, I'm afraid it's a little too late, the gb is happening in less than a week.
Also, I don't plan to have too many vendors currently as this is my first set. Sorry to those whose regions I may not have covered, but do check out zFrontier's international store, they have an international free shipping for a certain amount of order!

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 05:44:28 »
Hi everyone! We are finally announcing our manufacturer, Tomatocaps(TMT).
They are a high quality keycap manufacturer partnering with zFrontier to manufacture their new line of dye-sub PBT Cherry profile keycaps.
To attest to their manufacturing quality, they are also releasing an in stock BoW set along with this release, check out the details below.
Commenting on this thread in zFrontier will also net you the chance to win a giveaway of the BoW Set!
HERE

Check out the zFrontier instagram HERE

While you are at it, check out mine too!

Offline Evasive

Re: [IC] TMT Story(Manufacturer announcement! GB in 3 days!)
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 10:22:48 »
I'm kinda new here but are zFrontiers prices always better than international vendor prices?

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 10:42:45 »
I'm kinda new here but are zFrontiers prices always better than international vendor prices?

Pricing is one thing but you might want to look at Tax + Shipping and determine which vendor works best for you!

Offline CharlotteS

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 10:53:15 »
Is the price announced?

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:17:42 »
Is the price announced?

Yep, it is listed in the page.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:21:49 by shawnlyx »

Offline growler

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:27:39 »
Why does prototypist basically charge the dollar cost, but in sterling? Seems a bit of a piss-take?

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 23:36:49 »
Why does prototypist basically charge the dollar cost, but in sterling? Seems a bit of a piss-take?

From what I know, UK have a 20% VAT for imports. I should specify this pricing is after VAT.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 August 2021, 23:38:40 by shawnlyx »

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 22:20:55 »
A groupbuy thread has been created!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114195.0

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 05:25:40 »
The gb is now LIVE in all regions, as such I am locking this thread. Thank you for all the help, and I hope to see you in the groupbuy!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114195.0
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 August 2021, 05:28:31 by shawnlyx »