Author Topic: Posted on r/MK and was contacted by keysme.com  (Read 1300 times)

Offline spingo

Posted on r/MK and was contacted by keysme.com
« on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 14:46:29 »
I posted a build on r/mk and it did pretty well. After a day or two keysme.com contacted me about receiving a keyboard from them to build and review and do a few posts.
A few emails back and forth and they've requested 1 video a week for a month (this can be something as simple as a typing asmr video or an extensive review).

Additionally, they'd like some social media posts; which, sure, no problem.

I've never heard of them but was curious if any of you have dealt with keysme.com and what you thought about them.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Posted on r/MK and was contacted by keysme.com
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 17:40:05 »
I've had offers like this before (from well known companies)...
If you take it, sure you get the board, but what of your reputation, you're now a shill (I'd remove their link as you're already doing the work for them), because remember they aren't going to want bad reviews. Is your opinion worth the $200 or whatever, do you even want the board? If not do you want to soil your rep for it? $200 isn't a lot of money these days (especially in the U.S.), and they didn't even pay anywhere close to that for it. In their eyes, you're going to be working for a lot less than minimum wage no matter how fast you plow through it.

Is it legit?
Maybe, but what if it's someone posing as them? They will have a bit of personal info, and if shady they could do all sorts of things with it. There's a lot of scams out there.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion