geekhack Community > Keyboards

Everything is Bakeneko

<< < (4/5) > >>

chungsteroonie:
Updated sound test for a few more "bakenekos".

chungsteroonie:
More iterations. . . more sound tests!

A few discoveries about budget switches that work well on these cases:

KTT Roses $0.27 and KTT Halu Halo $0.30 on the plastic case!!!!!  Hilariously fun.

Walnut Tofu - still don't use anything clackier than a Gateron Milky Pro Yellow $0.24 .  Milky Cap V2 $.030 works well here

A60 - I wish it were cheaper, but the JWK Alpaca/Mauve on POM/Delrin plate with plate foam is something special in that case.

chungsteroonie:
More sound tests from latest iterations

mohawk1367:
wait, its all bakeneko?

m33k:

--- Quote from: chungsteroonie on Sun, 26 September 2021, 00:07:13 ---It worked!  If I use 1/8" (.139" actual) silicone cord stock instead of pre-made O-rings, for all of the configurations here, you can simply run O-ring along the top and bottom edge of the board skipping the parts where the stabilizers are.  This makes the slot cutouts in the side of the case unnecessary for gummy worm mounting.  Also, cord stock is way less expensive than pre-made O-rings especially when you get into the lengths needed for these mods. 

--- End quote ---

is this High-Temperature Soft Silicone variant the particular o-ring cord stock you've been using? https://www.mcmaster.com/cord-stock/high-temperature-soft-silicone-o-ring-cord-stock/

I bought one of your a60 gummy worm mount builds and loved it, but I wanted to pick up more cord stock to fit a different bottom row layout

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version