Author Topic: What are the most interesting / 'best' NK87 Aluminium mods?  (Read 1550 times)

Offline auxilor

I've got an NK87 - I absolutely love it. I've done the standard mods: switches lubed and filmed, stabs lubed (not done holee), tape mod, and also put some thick-ish fabric between the underside of the pcb and the silicone in the case.
However, I'm reaching the limits of the top-mount style, and I'm open to doing some much more interesting mods, maybe even somehow changing the mounting style with an o-ring gasket (if I can figure that one out).

What I'm wondering:
- Is the O-Ring gasket mod even possible in an NK87?
- What are some other mods that I can do to improve the keyboard even more?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: What are the most interesting / 'best' NK87 Aluminium mods?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 02:55:39 »
You did more then enough.... If you want a gasket mounted board get a gasket mounted board. To be able to use O-ring you would have to mod and remove material to able to give space to the stabilizers otherwise the unit wouldn't be able to fit into the case anymore. And I still don't know if its possible to use o-ring to make it gasket mount.

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline granola bar enthusiast

Re: What are the most interesting / 'best' NK87 Aluminium mods?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 09:13:21 »
it might be gummy o-ring-able, you would just need to get some sort of makeshift area's for the o-ring to sit on